[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I haven't played a portable pokemon game in years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 14474117131893.png (368KB, 699x599px) Image search: [Google]
14474117131893.png
368KB, 699x599px
Hey guys, I haven't played a portable pokemon game in years, so I was wondering if the new Sun and Moon games were going to have all 700+ pokemon from all previous generations. It was always a let down that previous games had always only let you capture certain pokemon from specific family groups from the previous gens. I want to fulfill my old childhood dream of catching them all.
>>
>>28721904
no
>>
>>28721904
Did you actually think this would happen?
>>
>>28721904
Yes is will
Ignore >>28721913
They never remove pokemon
>>
>>28721904
No.
Getting X, Y, OR, and AS will get you all the Gen 1-6 pokemon though.
>>
>>28721937
will those games be transferable to sun/moon?
>>
Very likely not, but more games compatible with S/M in the future are all but guaranteed. There's also the GTS, where one can trade any Pokemon with others online. Directly arranging trades with others on a Pokemon site may be required to obtain certain myhicals.
>>
>>28721904
Wait for the Drayano hack.
>>
>>28721993
Yes, using Pokémon bank
>>
>>28721904
It never will be, and it's unrealistic to assume that any single game or pair of games will ever give you that.

Here's the thing, "Catching them all" has never been a central design concept of the games. It was always an optional, special goal, but it had nothing to do with the game's central single player campaign, nor does it have anything to do with the competitive side of the franchise. It WAS a component of TPCi's marketing strategy... for, like, the first couple generations. Once it broke, like, 300, they dropped that catchphrase pretty quick, and have since pivoted to focusing the marketing on themes of exploration, fostering friendships, and using the games to enrich your relationships with people.

Now, "Catching them all" IS certainly possible, but it is something that requires work, and a measure of brand loyalty. The only way to really catch them all is to follow the franchise and continue to bring your pokemon forward from Gen 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 and beyond. Someone who does not do this, frankly, does not deserve to catch them all. They did not follow the franchise in enough depth to reap the rewards.

Now, what you CAN do is go as far as you can with SuMo and no other games, and continue following the franchise from now. Within a couple games - maybe even as soon as whatever Gen 8 ends up being if you work at collecting - you'll have laid down a solid enough foundation that you can certainly "Catch them all" if that's what you really want, and by then you will have earned it.

So, from someone who is three event pokemon away from completing the current pokedex, good luck.
>>
>>28721904
I don't think the games themselves will have every Pokémon in them.

But, since GTS and Online trades now exist, filling up your Pokédex is easier then ever.

We might just have to wait 'till January, when the PokéBank gets updated, to be able to fill the 'dex entirely, with those lines that won't be available at all in Alola.
>>
>>28722031
You can literally catch every Pokemon aside from mythicals in XYORAS and even the mythicals have been distributed this year
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>28722031
>Now, "Catching them all" IS certainly possible, but it is something that requires work, and a measure of brand loyalty. The only way to really catch them all is to follow the franchise and continue to bring your pokemon forward from Gen 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 and beyond. Someone who does not do this, frankly, does not deserve to catch them all. They did not follow the franchise in enough depth to reap the rewards.

mfw it's possible to fill the pokedex with just XY and ORAS
>>
>>28722061
exactly, my living dex is done -gen 7 stuff and that was done in just the gen 6 games
>>
>>28721904

X and Y had pretty much all Pokemon so I don't think S/M will be different
>>
File: 1390366064427.jpg (184KB, 800x642px) Image search: [Google]
1390366064427.jpg
184KB, 800x642px
So pretty much if I want a maxed out Sun/moon pokedex, I should get X,Y,OR,AS and max out those games and trade them to the new ones? Sorry if I seem confused, like I've said I haven't played a pokemon game in more than a decade.
>>
>>28721904
nope, but if you manage to get a Cyndaquil you can trade it for every Pokemon except for Legendaries by breeding it and posting the babies on the GTS. Currently you need 4 games (X, Y, OR, and AS) to "catch 'em all" yourself.

It's likely that it will have a very large regional Pokedex similar to XY though.
>>
>>28722153
Basically, but you won't have the event mythicals (you'll have to just wait for the events to occur to get them).
>>
>>28722153
Do you really want to spend $160 to get every Pokemon yourself? You can trade on the GTS for most of them.
>>
>>28722198
sorry, what's GTS?
>>
>>28722269
GTS stands for Global Trade System. It's an online trading service within the games. Basically you can post a Pokemon requesting a specific trade (like posting a Metapod and asking for a Kakuna, for example) and anyone in the world can accept the trade. If you get a rare starter (anything from gen 2, 4, and 5) you can trade it for almost anything you want (although I would recommend breeding it and posting the babies)
>>
File: 1471894183496.png (997KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471894183496.png
997KB, 1280x720px
>>28722332
Oh, cool thanks.
>>
>>28721904

OP, X is the first and only game where I ever finished the Pokedex.

Aside from having a huge regional dex that allows you to catch like half of them by yourself, Wondertrade is an amazing thing that makes completing the dex pretty fun
>>
>>28723172
And before OP asks, Wonder Trade is another trading mode that allows you to trade a Pokemon for any other random Pokemon also put on Wonder Trade. Usually you'll get shitmons (especially common Pokemon, like Bunnelby and Zigzagoon in this gen), but occasionally you'll get lucky and some cool person will trade away a legendary or something.

They're the easiest and quickest trades to conduct. You could do dozens of Wonder Trades in the span of an hour.
>>
>>28722351
One more recommendation for the GTS as someone who's completed their living dex recently. There are a lot of Pokemon that evolve via trading and holding an item. A good way to use the GTS is to have your pokemon hold that item and ask for the evolution. There are some people who look on the GTS to trade for tradables and help people with pokedexes out.
>>
>>28721932
>being dumb

there's a difference between being able to obtain every pokemon in the latest game and being able to capture every pokemon in the latest game
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.