[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 or Z? Which one do you prefer? Which one does its job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (61KB, 700x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 700x234px
2 or Z?
Which one do you prefer?
Which one does its job better in your opinion?
>>
porygon2 at least has a unique role, z is just shit all around

>inb4 some guy who hyperbeams little japanese kids on battlespot thinks he's hot shit
>>
>>28716386
2, how is this a question?

Porygon Z is like Chandelure, a metric fuckton of firepower but not enough speed to make use of it
>>
>>28716430
>unique role
What is it?
>>28716437
He's decent when scarfed though
>>
>>28716451
It switches in on defensive gliscor's toxic and makes the opponent forfeit
>>
>>28716451
>unique role
big dick wall with trace + eviolite
>>
>>28716386
Porygon2 obviously does a "better job".
But the virus mon is way cooler.
>>
>>28716527
>tfw +20 speed never
fuck GF
>>
Is porygon2 viable or just a gimmick
>>
>>28716571
It's very good team glue, but bad as a pillar if you can understand what I mean. It sucks at being a foundation, but it can hold teams together that would normally have trouble working together.
>>
Mega Porygon-Z when?
>>
>>28716596
>Building a team around your wall that isn't a bogstandard stallfest

why?
>>
It was my first shiny in Omega Ruby, so I had to make this choice. Evolite Porygon2 won out, even with the timid nature it is just to bulky to pass up. Z hits like a beast, but priority and the fast meta of battle spot hurt it.
>>
>>28716596
Do you have an example in mind?
I've found that Porygon2 could handle pretty much anything aside from Fighting types (and moves) and Steel types. It gets fucked by Lucario, Aegislash or Megamom but I've managed to take down things I shouldn't have been able to.
>>28716600
Never. GF hates Porygon
>>
>>28716671
Knock off ass rams it to hell and back. You can really use it as a foundation pokemon you can consistently rely on because there is always that looming threat of knock off.
>>
>>28716693
What would you say are good teammates for it? I use it in conjunction with Tyranitar most of the time which means that fighting types really fuck me in the ass, but I'm having trouble finding a third teammate that can compensate for these weaknesses. Togekiss maybe?
>>
>>28716386
Porygon2 is beautiful
Porygon-Z is some kid's edgy Mega idea
>>
>>28716693
>a foundation pokemon
What is a "foundation" pokemon?
>>
>>28716837
>he doesn't think Z's spazzing out is cute
You underage retards just have to spam the word "edge" everywhere you go
>>
I used to use Porygon-Z (I use Porygon2 now, he's better) for my team, he's okay

He had a choice scarf, with 252 speed and 252 SpA Modest

His moves were Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Tri Attack/Hyper Beam

He was a good sweeper buy Porygon2 is a better wall than Porygon-Z is a sweeper

Thoughts?
>>
>>28716950
Also I just like P2 better in general, he's cuter
>>
>>28716950
I never know whether to run nasty plot, agility or thunderbolt on z
>>
>>28716847

pokemon placed at opposite ends of the galaxy to sow the seeds of the second galactic empire
>>
>>28717076
Thunderbolt. You'll always die before you'll be able to attack.

In my honest opinion, Porygon-Z is shit above UU without Modest and Scarf.

UU and Battle spot are the only time he wrecks people's shit without scarf and in battle spot w/ nasty plot.
>>
>>28717108
Ok then. Is scarf enough to outspeed most threats?
Also what are some good teammates for Z if my opponent sends out a fast fighting type and I need to switch out?
>>
>>28716386
Porygon
>Euclidian Elements.
Porygon 2
>Complex Polygonal Models
Porygon Z
>TIMECUBE.
>>
>>28717164
Absolutely.
>>
Porygon-Z gets your choice of Adaptability or Downlaod and comes with Nasty Plot and awesome coverage in Tri-Attack + Dark Pulse (for killing ghosts, steel ,and rock types, ideally ones that don't resist Dark) Also gets Trick if you want to run a set with Spec that can hose Chansey by taking its precious Eviolite away and choice-locking the dumb pink blob. Plus specs is way cool massive damage.

Porygon Z is way funner in my opinion. But I'm a sucker for boosting moves and I'm not into defensive mons or defensive strategy at all for that matter, so I'm not really Porygon 2's target audience anyway. Porygon Z, on the other hand is everything I want out of a special-attacking normal type. And it looks rad as hell too with its displaced body parts!
>>
>>28717164
>>28717227

Oh and also for the team thing, I really don't know.

I used Mewtwo, Cloyster, Beedrill, Porygon-Z, Shaymin Sky, and Wash Rotom. Really, he's just a sweeper, so just follow the general rules. Volt Switch/U-Turn him in, sweep, switch to Porygon/Wash Rotom/Beedrill (for pivot if you can predict well)

So yeah. Just sweep and pivot him in.
>>
>>28717237
Ooh! I used scarf + Modest with Thunderbolt, ice beam, Tri Attack, and dark pulse, but I used that for battle spot.

Which one do you think is better?
>>
File: porygons.jpg (93KB, 400x1023px) Image search: [Google]
porygons.jpg
93KB, 400x1023px
>>28717282
Specs, obviously. Break those damn walls! Even resisted hits can kill! Ahahahahaha!
>>
>>28716762
>in conjunction with Tyranitar
Why would you do that? Maybe I'm wrong, but they hardly seem to go well together in a team.
>>
>>28717381
How do you compensate for your low speed
>>
>>28717413
A variety of ways. For one thing, I tend to send it out against stuff that's slow and bulky that I can 1 or 2 shot anyway. If my opponent really cares about what I'm threatening they might switch, but I 1 or 2 Hit KO almost everything that isn't Chansey or Blissey, so I'm blowing massive holes in the enemy's team either way. So it puts them in a "damned if you stay in, fucked if you switch" type scenario that I just LOVE to do to mu opponents.

I don't know if it's dumb luck or what but I tend to fight a lot of people who love slower bulky stuff like Mega Venusaur and Sableye (both mega and non-mega) and Mawile although Porygon kinda struggle against that one), so it doesn't really bother me much.
>>
>>28716386
>It just gets rounder
>>
File: 1268976177372.png (395KB, 743x650px) Image search: [Google]
1268976177372.png
395KB, 743x650px
>>28716386
I love both equally. 2 to tank the shit out of fuck, and Z with Download and a scarf to wreck shit (fuck Adapability).
>>
>>28717806
Luck. In a really competitive environment, you will not be able to read your opponent well enough to be able to sweep or kill a wall with specs + Modest. At the very least (by that I mean not using porygon2 instead) have scarf + Modest. Good coverage and God damn 504 SpA

You'll be switching out a lot but god damn
>>
>>28716386
>Prefer
Z. I'm a fan of strict HO.
Being like the only mon that can use Hyper Beam makes me hard.

>does it's job better
Objectively 2
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.