[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Haha BTFO denial fag these are real >You're retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2016-09-22-16-12-48.png (517KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-22-16-12-48.png
517KB, 960x540px
>Haha BTFO denial fag these are real
>You're retarded Rockruff and the Starters sharing a secret was a mistranslation
>Accept your Wrestler Litten already you furfag
I guarantee that at least one comment will fall under these categories, but what do you think think vp? Maybe we can all get what we want and have each game version feel completely different from one another!
>>
I only want Midday/Midnight starter evos because I really fucking hate Poppmaid and Luchalitten.

Also disappointed that they were leaked sooo fucking early.
>>
It'd be nice, but optimism is a good way to get burned. It's better to expect and prepare for the worst, and maybe get a nice surprise, instead of getting your hopes up only to be let down.
>>
I don't care either way. I like the leaked Rowlet evo a lot, which is all I was hoping for. Split forms could be cool. Even if I don't like them, I have the other Rowlet3.

And if they don't exist, the current Rowlet leak evo is fine by me.
>>
>>28713135
How will there be alternate evo's when our most reliable sources only mention Luchalitten and Co.?
>>
>>28713201
Because no leak source mentions everything that's in the game.
>>
>>28713201
We also had reliable sources that said Rockruff didn't have a split evo, and that it's evolution was just a werewolf.

It's entirely possible someone leaking might only have one version, and thus be unaware of such a split.
>>
It's probably a good thing these were leaked early. I can just imagine the backlash that would have ensued if no one saw these things til release or the demo considering how vp still mildly hates them after months of knowing about them.
>>
>>28713265

They aren't split evo's though.
>>
I like the all leaked starters a lot but I'd definitely love split evolutions for those who don't. Variety can never be a bad thing.

That said, I'm not too optimistic about it but here's hoping.
>>
>>28713772
What would you call it then?
>>
>>28713772
Semantics. The point is, the leaker only mentioned Rockruff evolving into a werewolf and said nothing about a regular wolf, which means he's only played/seen footage from Moon. If the starters have alternate evo forms like Rockruff, then that means the ones we've seen are from Moon.
>>
>>28713812

A daytime and a nighttime form.
>>
>>28713135
Well OP there is a difference between hoping something and expecting something.

I like the leaked starters, i want them to be real AND i think they are real with all of the evidence we have.

On the other hand i also want to be two forms, it would be something bold and unique, going along the novel concepts gen7 is bringing us BUT i dont think they will, the translation is unsure at best and it seems more likely to be synchro with z-stones since they could reveal their secret together instead of awkwardly separate them like other forms would.
>>
>>28713844
The form isn't interchangeable. It's a split evo; It evolves into one or the other.
>>
>>28713839
But he also mentioned Passimian which is Sun exclusive.
>>
>>28713812
Forms
>>28713839
They're both werewolves, retard.
>>
>>28713977
Damn you're right, forgot about that.
But my initial point still stands. Plenty of things that are in the game weren't talked about in the leak, so him not mentioning something doesn't mean it's not in there. Doesn't necessarily mean starters are getting alternate evos, but it doesn't rule that out either.

>>28713978
(You)
>>
>>28713977
A trainer could've used one
>>
>>28713174
>Also disappointed that they were leaked sooo fucking early.
This.
That probably hurt the most. The idea of

"this is some crappy art, its months away from release, they look so dumb, fire/fighting a 4th time? NO WAY THESE COULD BE REAL"
And then it turns out they're so real they can almost punch you in the face through your monitor
>>
Maybe the Rockruff forms are game exclusive but since the starters are special, they will be day/night
>>
File: 1474414033338.jpg (419KB, 3318x3982px) Image search: [Google]
1474414033338.jpg
419KB, 3318x3982px
>>28713135
Do you think the leaked starters have more in common with Sun version than the Moon version?

Poppimaid doesn't strike me as a night kind of Pokemon with it's light colour-pattern.
>>
>>28713135
I REALLY don't like the idea of split evos. Especially for the starters. I like to breed my mons, and I like to use them online. If I can't have a fucking pokemon that I want to use cause I got one version what the fuck is the point.

>inb4 poorfag

so what. not everyone is fortunate.
>>
File: This kills the frog.gif (667KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
This kills the frog.gif
667KB, 500x309px
As of now, I don't hate them, but at the same time, they're definitely not what I was hoping to pick and I'm just in that apathetic state where... I just literally don't give a fuck about them, which is a really fucking weird thing to feel considering I'm supposed to feel hyped about these games, which I am, but at the same time, I'm not exactly thrilled about these. I already had plenty of fan art and what not shoved into me, but I still can't be able to tolerate them as something I'd outright pick. I'm desperately hoping the 3D models will look far much better than these renders.

At the same time though, they feel too one-sided at the same time too. They don't exactly feel like they have this balance among them, like they aren't the middle ground. They look like they could either belong to side A or side B. I don't know why some people are opposed to the idea or probability of different evolutions in some sort of way, considering this would diminish bickering greatly.

I can't say this will happen though, because I don't fucking know, neither of us knows.
>>
>>28714861
Then choose carefully and buy the other game when you can, like a good goy :^)
>>
I like that sunfags are so insecure in their choice of the game that they concluded that the starters they don't like HAVE to be moon exclusives.

Split evos aren't happening anyway but please do continue to entertain us with your insane ramblings.
>>
>>28713265
The only credible leaks either didn't mention rockruff evos at all, or specifically said split evos with one being a werewolf. The only leaks that said no split evos and werewolf were all fake.
>>
>>28713135
The starters are probably not split.

None of the relevant leaks mention it, and ALL of them only mention one set, even the ones that mentioned other split elements.

The corocoro thing said rockruff has a secret, and then segwayed into saying the starters also have a secret. While technically it doesn't say it's the same secret, it is heavily implied.

So the real question should be, is the split evo rockruff's secret? When corocoro announced the next issue would show the evo, I saw a lot of people calling it the secret evolution. Was that actually how they worded it, or just people jumping to the conclusion that the secret would be revealed with the evolution?
>>
>>28715174
The Chinese leak didn't say it wouldn't have split evos, but it didn't mention split evos at all and only said it evolves into a werewolf.
>>
>>28715265
Just double checked, you're right. And unfortunately the leak that said split evo doesn't say anything about the evos. However, it remains that the riddler has confirmed the starter evolutions in his pokedex, although he does often update it with new info all the time, and never said anything about the split. So really aside from knowing that the three we've seen are real, we can't rely on any of the leaks to answer the question of split starters. Which leads to the argument I made here >>28715259
it really comes down to whether or not the secret mentioned by coro coro was in fact the version exclusive evos, or if as most other people believe, it is something like custom z-moves.
>>
>>28715259
Didn't the corocoro that revealed Rockruff say that it's evo had a secret?
>>
>>28713135
fuck off you pathetic piece of shit Ive had it up to here with shit posters today. I had a crappy day and now youve officially made it worse. Please do us all a favor and kys. Im not even being funny. I seriously mean it. I bet youre giggling behind mommy's computer monitor. Go and get a job so you can stop posting luchalitten.
>>
>>28715373
I know you are already set on your ways and won't let yourself be convinced but seriously, it did not say Rockruff is connected to the starters and it did not "heavily imply" it either. Anyone who can read Japanese can confirm this, as have people already done.

Any sort of "heavy implications" is the result of you reading between the lines because you want something you have a personal interest in to be true.
>>
If I'm going to be honest, Version Exclusive Starter Formes are a terrible idea. Final Starter evos aren't ever officially revealed until after the game has already launched and I don't want to be punished for making the wrong choice just because the information wasn't available to me at the time I had to make that choice.
>>
>>28715469
You're incredibly mistaken then, because I literally started by saying I don't think split evos is happening, and I don't want it to because I actually like all three of them.

It says that rockruff has a secret in it's body, then literally the next sentence is "The starters also have a secret". Doesn't say same secret, but mentioning them having a secret literally in the next sentence implies the same secret. Please show me an example of any speech ever where similar phrasing has been used and they WEREN'T referring to it being the same.
>>
File: image.gif (448KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
448KB, 300x169px
>>28715414
>>
>>28715553
>implies
No, it doesn't.
"The convicted sexual offender down the street has a secret... But the truth is, we all have secrets, too!"
wooow that wasn't so hard
>>
>>28715150
It goes both ways, retard >>28714636
>>
>>28713135
>Accept your Wrestler Litten

I already have, that's why I switched to Rowlet and will forsake the fire starters from this point on.
>>
File: 1474555159534.png (97KB, 632x473px) Image search: [Google]
1474555159534.png
97KB, 632x473px
>>28715414
>>
>>28715652
Not the same and you know it. It would be more like

"the neighbor on your left has a secret... the neighbor on the right is hiding something too!"

In yours, one of them already has a heavily implied answer to his secret (being an offender means his secret is probably related) and the other is literally just a broad statement about how everyone has secrets, and doesn't relate to another person at all.

The coro coro said person A has a secret, and so does person B (the starters can all be considered one entity, as anything that is true for one is likely true for them all anyway [all three kanto starters got a mega form, and charizard got 2 because pandering but whatever])

You are genuinely in denial if you think that they would mention those two secrets together like that and not have them be connected somehow. And you're a retard for assuming that accepting this would be confirming split starters, because as I stated at the start, the split rockruff evo may not even be the fucking secret they were referring to.
>>
those sun fakemon are silhouettes and I can even tell from that they're shit
>>
>>28715768
There is no semantical rule that states that if a first sentence tells us that A has an unknown characteristic to it and that the subsequent sentence B has an unknown characteristic to it, then it is implied that it is the same characteristic (if there is you are free to show me). You are inventing your own twisted definition of what an implication does or doesn't look like and is treating it as some universal fact.

A simple "the starters have a secret like that" or "the starters have a similar secret" would have carried weight, but that's not how it was written.
>>
>>28715923
It's not a rule of language, it's a rule of marketing. They wouldn't give us both of those pieces of information if they didn't want people connecting dots. Whether it was to misdirect or hint at the fact they are the same could be debated, but it is 100% fact that they wanted people to read those two statements and come to the conclusion that they are related. It's also commonplace in storytelling, where someone will state a fact and mention that coincidentally something else is also true, forshadowing these two things being linked or related.

So no, if they were having a casual discussion with a person it would mean nothing. But they weren't, they were advertising for a game by giving us details about future reveals. Absolutely implying they are the same.
>>
>>28715980
>it is 100% fact
To whom?
>>
>>28716014
To anyone that isn't retarded.
>>
>>28713174
>not just taking the time to get used to them
>>
>>28716032
Nice speaking with you anon, please continue to inform the rest of the world how wrong and deluded they are with the powers of your marketing 101 pseudoscience, I'm sure they will let themselves be convinced by your incredible knack for formulating well though-out arguments like this very one right here.
>>
Fake and Gay
>>
>>28713135
There are people on this board right now that still deny the unova starter final evos as real
>>
>>28716140
Fuck me
>>
>>28716060
>get used to them
Nothat the other guy but for me there is not "getting used to them" I hate litten3 destination wise and the other two are "meh" to me. Shame cause this'll be the first time I've ever boxed a starter.
>>
>>28713201
Remember the leaks also said Rockruff evolves into a Werewolf. Which is both right AND WRONG. It evolves into Lycanroc Mid-day and Mid-Night
>>
>>28715414
>Complains of being fed up with Shit-posters
>*Shit-posts*
Well isn't somebody being a hypocrite :^)
>>
>>28715150
>moonfags thinking they picked the superior version
Enjoy your furbait wolf.
>>
>>28716336
They think just cause they got one good pokemon(oranguru) that they are all like:
>sunfags btfo
>Oranguru outweighs all your version exclusive pokemon
>>
>>28716418
>Oranguru
>The good one
>>
>>28716459
Exactly they are just grasping at straws cause we all wanted comfy nighttime till we saw the legendaries
>>
>>28714636
Eh I'd say maid is sun while the other two are moon.
>>
disregarding leaks and anything other than what we have been given

corocoro that revealed rockruff said that the starters and rockruff have something special about them
since rockruff and lycanroc havent been shown with a unique z move, its pretty much confirmed that there are split evos for both if this is indeed the "special thing"

meaning this is only one set of leaked starters and that each version will have a whole set
i really just dont want luchalitten and co. to be the moon versions
>>
>>28715620
>Dicks_Out_Harambe.gif
>>
We had ground and fighting in the Japanese website next to the starters so it would explain that. If not I'll wondertrade them
>>
They aren't going to split starters no matter how badly you or I want it
It WAS a mistranslation, they said nothing about the starters and rock being the same
they are shit but most starters have been lately so I'm not surprised
>>
I think the only way split evos for the starters would work fairly is if it based on gender or simply time of day when they evolve from their middle stage (as opposed to pure version exclusivity).
>>
Image Search
1387163968693.gif, 195KiB, 183x163

/vp/ Anonymous Tue 13 Sep 2016 18:32:18 No.28503447 ViewReport
The starters don't have split forms. Stop this bullshit.

Mallow leak only shows 1 set of starters.
Chinese leak only mentions those exact same set of starters.
Riddler leak also only references those exact same set of starters.

THREE reliable leaks, ALL only use the exact same 3 starters even though people think there are 6 forms. And that other "real" leak on /vp/ that mentioned Rockruff having day/night forms in the first place doesn't say anything about the starters having day/night forms.

Nothing on the concept art with Mallow mentions or implies multiple forms. They are called "Owl3," "Tiger3," and "Sealion3." Not anything that would indicate that its one of two forms, like "Owl3-Moon," "Tiger3-Night," or "M-Sealion3."

Rockruff has day/night forms because it's based on a fucking werewolf which stands up and becomes spooky during the full moon. This concept doesn't relate at all to archer, wrestler, and siren creatures. All the hints so far about the starters like Litten spitting hair that becomes asian mist or Popplio learning Sing AND Disarming Voice only point in the direction of the leaks.

CoroCoro doesn't say they share a secret. It said Rockruff has a secret and the starters also have a secret. That's literally it. The only people perpetuating this nonsense are denialfags who are desperate for muh quadruped litten or muh masculine Popplio. And even if they DID have different forms, you're not going to suddenly get a vastly different looking Pokemon with a whole other concept because they're exactly that- forms. Not different Pokemon.
>>
The starters are already confirmed fake
get over it.
>>
>>28713135
>tfw you want lunala but literally every sun form looks better

what a life
>>
The starters' secret is that all 3 of them will have an unique Z-move.
>>
>>28714636
They've all been described as evil in some way, which could make them Moon (shady archer, temptress siren, heel wrestler).
>>
I like Luchalitten
>>
>>28714636
So what? A darker coloration one that has camouflage with the ocean and large teeth like a mix of seal and walrus and a funny clown face?
>>
>>28713265
No, it's not they had access to one version, they had mention stuff from both version. However, given that there was zero mention of split evo, it is highly probable the leaker only saw early artwork because split evo is one of things that are way too important to not know if they do have access to the game. Which matched up to the info given. Things that can be known only from artwork and nothing else. The leaker is probably a guy that snuck in a delivery person and took pictures or whatever was lying about on the table and computer screen with his cellphone camera or something.
>>
>>28713976
They're still forms retard.

Eevee evolves into Espeon or Umbreon. That's a split evolution.

Rockruff evolfes into Lycanroc always. That's just one evolution. They're not separate evolutions. It's like saying Wormadam's forms are separate evolutions.

And no reliable source ever said Rockruff didn't have two different forms. The chinese leak said it evolves into a werewolf- which it does.
>>
>>28714337
I honestly believed in them since the original thread was posted
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.