[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you happy that GameFreak still makes sprites for things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (997KB, 851x697px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
997KB, 851x697px
Are you happy that GameFreak still makes sprites for things like menu items and PC icons? Or should the games just go full 3D and stop doing sprites altogether?
>>
>should the games just go full 3D
never ever
>>
I really like Gen 6-7's menu sprites, most of the gen 3-5 ones were just awful
>>
>>28706580
Are there any pokemon sprites that face right?
>>
>>28706580
Yes :)
>>
>>28706580
>3D models for menu icons
It's like you want the framerate to be even worse.
>>
File: file.png (70KB, 194x194px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
70KB, 194x194px
>>28706580
Holy shit what the fuck is up with its eyes
>>
Don't mind the menu sprites for Pokemon but the item ones are ugly as sin. Have they even updated them since Gen 3?
>>
Those 2D menu sprites have more personality than the 3D battle models.
>>
>>28706580
Yes, of course. Who isn't?
>>
>>28706707

lol, no.

3D models are the best that happened to Pokemon, most of new Pokemon makes sense on the model and not in the art.
>>
It's simple the 3ds will barely handle this. The 3ds is fucking slow and this is an easy way to get better performance and probably a better looking menu.
>>
>>28706580
So Alola Pokémon are literally wholesale new Pokémon yet they treat it as a "form" just so the dex number doesn't get bumped up past 1000. Cheeky game freak jews.

I mean, I prefer this over the horribly broken megas, we get our variety in a less convoluted way. But still, the way they tiptoe over this just confuses many people.

So this is definitely 100% proof that these regional variants are indeed new Pokemon, just within their species, not as a new species altogether.
>>
>>28706580
Zygarde 10% isn't only a battle form?
>>
>>28706854
No, only Perfect Zygarde is.
>>
>>28706580

Gen IV/V were the epitome of graphics in the series.
>>
>>28706843
>what is shellos
>>
>>28706798
But you have to admit a lot of Pokémon have worse animations since moving to 3D.
>>
>>28706919
Incomparable.

Literally only the physical design changes, nothing else. Its like the equivalent of a melanistic varient.

In this case it more like full sub-species or even like species within the same genus.
>>
>>28706580
That Solgaleo sprite looks pretty rad.
>>
>>28706580
I'm glad.
>>
File: mandibuzz.gif (61KB, 57x70px) Image search: [Google]
mandibuzz.gif
61KB, 57x70px
>>28706598
>>
>>28706580
Bewear is the best in this
>>
>>28707030
Its eyes make it look soulless
>>
>>28706981
Exactly. Different typing, heights/weights, stats, movepools, (hidden) abilities, probably egg moves and TM compatibilities...these are effectively new Pokemon. Maybe even different flavor text in the Pokedex, too.
>>
>>28706981
>Incomparable.
It is literally described as a regional variant as Shellos in look different depending on which side of the region they are found on.

Just like how Mantyke's face on its back is bigger when it isn't found in Sinnoh.

Hell Vivillon was probably the test for this as Vivillon literally has a different appearance depending on what country you are in.

They are all the same, Alola's are just more dynamic because they feature type change.
>>
>>28707117
Again, purely aesthetic. Unless you mean in game which, they should retcon the different gastrodon's stats and abilities to make it more like an alola form then, or not- because the geographical distance and climate is not so great to bring about the same kind of change as an alola form

whereas alola form share a name and base design with their Counterparts. Stats, abilities, moves etc. Are different.
>>
>>28706629
MY BRAND!
>>
>>28706595
That's such a random thing to hate.

>>28706798
Not really. At least not for me. Some models are good but a lot aren't. Definitely jot an objective improvement
>>
>>28706843
You know different forms always have dufferent sprites right?

Christ, people are acting like SM are the first games to do fucking everything in the franchise
>>
>>28706595
Seriously one of the things Gen 6 did right was fixing those outdated sprites
>>
>>28706580
Nah the icons in Colosseum looked like shit
>>
>>28706981
>who is wormadam?
>>
>>28706927
After replaying Black 2 this month, a lot of the sprites are just tweened animations, not properly animated. And tween animation aint nicer than 3d anims
>>
File: 034RSIcon.gif~c200.gif (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
034RSIcon.gif~c200.gif
5KB, 200x200px
>>28706580
>Or should the games just go full 3D and stop doing sprites altogether?
Why would people even prefer this? Menusprites give us a more charming way to visualize pokemon in your party/PC. It also gives away nostalgic vibes for veteran players that have been playing the games before they jumped into 3D graphics. Call me autistic, but I always enjoyed looking at Nidoking's menusprite around the Gen 3-5 days as a chibified version of him dancing while still looking badass was very amusing to look at.
>>
>>28706580
I like sprites more than models in general, but I understand that the games had to go 3D at some point.
I think ORAS´s approach is the better one, mostly models, sprites for a few things like the dex.
>>
The 3d models don't look good enough.
I prefer the sprites in 4th gen to what we have now.

5th gen didn't work at all because making the sprites move constantly when their outlines had all those jagged edges just looked ugly
>>
>>28706629
Topu Keko has seen some shit.
>>
File: rayquaza-mega.png (2KB, 40x30px) Image search: [Google]
rayquaza-mega.png
2KB, 40x30px
>>28706580
I just wish they would make icons for ALL the Pokémon. Poor female Hippopotas and Hipowdon, forever overshadowed by their male counterparts. Some goes for alternate forms like non-Normal Arceus.

And shinies too.
>>
>>28706927
>worse animations
They didn't have animations before.
>>
>>28706927
Maybe the idle stances. All the attack animations are great.
>>
File: Shiftry_RZ.png.png (4KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Shiftry_RZ.png.png
4KB, 64x64px
>>28706598
>>
>>28706580
3D models for such small images would be horribly scaled, ending up as featureless blobs. Just look at how short they had to make Exeggutor's neck to make it fit.
>>
>>28706580

Yes
>>
I love the menu sprites
>>
File: exeggutor.jpg (15KB, 56x84px) Image search: [Google]
exeggutor.jpg
15KB, 56x84px
>not posting the real A-Exeggutor menu sprite
>>
>>28706580
I hate 3d
>>
i miss how Platinum looked
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.