[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Greninja so popular, yet Chesnaut and Delphox are such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
Why was Greninja so popular, yet Chesnaut and Delphox are such unloved designs in Japan.

They may have been the worst ranked starters too my knowledge even for the most recent gen, can't find a full list anywhere though
>>
Because Delphox is not even half the design braixen is and it looks like a fucking traffic cone.

Chesnaught evolves from Quilladin and literally everyone dropped the line when quilladin showed up. No one was gonna bother with that piece of shit for 20 levels.
>>
>>28702395
Because they're ugly.
>>
Because Chespin had such potential and then evolved into a down-syndrome sonic OC pinata
>>
>>28702395
OP, have you SEEN Delphox? It's shit. Easily the worst design out of gen 6. Can't speak for Greninja's popularity or Chesnaught's unpopularity, but Delphox was a mistake.
>>
>>28702395

Japan likes their ninjas.
>>
>>28702395
>Why are completely disgusting, shitty designs hated?
>>
Because japan care more about the anime than western cultures
>>
Because Greninja's design was amazing and the other two were shit. Delphox and Chesnaught made the 5th gen starters look good. Overall Pokemon designs are getting pretty consistently good but they've been shitting the bed with the starters for the last 2 gens and I don't have high hopes for the new starters.
>>
>>28702395
Greninja was designed from the start to be the cool one. It was given a Smash slot and huge anime role before XY were even out. Then the anime pushed it even harder with Ash-Greninja. It's a fucking ninja. This was all successful, so it feedback looped to them marketing it even harder to make more merchandise money.

Delphox is a long range attacker that evolves from a really girly middle form, and is arguably feminine itself. It's just not as cool, so they weren't going to push it as hard. Instead they decided to push Braixen's girly angle by giving one to Serena and having her do idolshit. That was fairly popular so they did the same for Pokken instead of using Delphox. And Delphox has an unfortunate 3D model that gave people bad first impressions.

Chesnaught is just has nothing going for it. People had low exceptions for it having seeing Quilladin, and it seems like a lot of people wanted a more sleek design out of Chespin instead of the big, bulky thing we got. From the start it got pushed out of being the cool one by Greninja, so they gave Chespin to Clemont and tried to make it the new cute mascot starter who doesn't evolve, continuing from Piplup and Oshawott. And so it was an annoying little shit who contributed to nothing, and it's evolutions barely appeared. Since no one cared about it they didn't try to market it as much, which feedback looped to people still not giving a shit about it.
>>
>>28702454

Delphox is amazing.

It's 3d model kind of turns people off though.
>>
>>28702395
Ninja as fuck, if I had to take a guess.
Delphox is alright by me, but not Braixen. Would have preferred a big Fennekin, but whatever.
Dunno about Chesnaught, honestly. I like it just just fine, better than its other stages, but they might just not like burly mons as much?
>>
because neither of them are a sugoi naruto ninja desu ne
>>
>>28703289
It looks like a rat.
>>
>>28702395
Greninja was shilled before the games even came out. It's still the best starter imo but only by lack of competition, he doesn't hold a candle to any other water starter except maybe Samurott.
>>
>>28702395
Chesnaught is a grass type, so it was unlikely to be terribly popular to begin with. It's also bulky and doesn't look 'cute' or 'cool'.

Delphox's main issue is that it evolved from the ridiculous furbait that is Braixen, so all of the furries hate it.
>>
>>28703555
>Greninja was shilled before the games even came out
Everyone thought Greninja was fake when it first showed up
>>
greninja is a frog ninja, thats just going to be cool no matter what
chespin i think had a lot of promise but his evolutions aren't really cool.
the rest has been discussed in this thread enough, i don't feel the need to comment on delphox.
>>
>>28703698
>Chesnaught is a grass type, so it was unlikely to be terribly popular to begin with.

Nah, that's bullshit. What about Sceptile? Which got a huge major role in XY/XY&Z as the "Rival's choice" mega-mon, or Snivy? The most popular one of the three starters from that region for two games at first due to the whole "Smugleaf XD" meme, the one who floored level ?? Pikachu giving him The Worf Effect treatment and then Serperior being that region's rival choice mon, while the other ones didn't look that or any better at all.
>Quadruped samurai gimmick
>Another bloody Fire/Fighting, this time, a fat roasted pig
Also, Chikorita, Bayleaf and Meganium were pretty hype back then, specially the former two albeit under performing in-game
>>
Delphox line is the only starter where the 2nd form is by far more popular than the final.
>>
>>28704870
The 2nd evo was a perfect furry storm. A furfag's wet dream. Literally just a bipedal furry fox girl complete with miniskirt.

Then is gets hilariously eviscerated on the 3rd evo and ends up looking like a clown rat with a huge wig. The 3D model ingame is also some of the worst these games have to offer. The face is so narrow and smushed in, it gets overtaken by the ridiculous huge ear hairs.

I get the wizard theme that they were going for but the circumstances were not very good.
>>
>>28704947
>2nd evo
>3rd evo
You mean 1st and 2nd evolution since it goes from Basic > Stage 1 > Stage 2.
They're Basic forms can't be an evolution unless it has one of those "Baby pre-evolution" forms like Pikachu-Pichu.

Yes, it feels like the games get designed around the anime and not vice versa as it used to be.
>>
They could easily fix Delphox with a sleek looking mega, like a witch floating on a broom or something.
>>
>>28702395
Chesnaught has a shit design and typing.
>>
>>28702412
This guys got it
>>
>>28702395
because chesnaught and delphox are crap

they spend all the shilling and resources on greninja and used trashed concepts for gen 5 starters (which sucked hard) for the rest
>>
I wish I didn't have to pick meme frogninja but the other two are so shit that you're forced to
>>
>>28702395
Not sure about Delphox, but Chesnaught is objectively shit so it's no wonder it's the most hated starter ever.
>>
>>28702395
So what does them rank overall

Good+shit+shit
>>
>tfw I like Delphox
>tfw I'll forever be associated with furfags no matter what
>>
>>28706606
It's fine OP, I unironically like Zorark- but I almost feel ashamed to tell people that

I also like chesnaught. I dunno man, Can't help what I think looks cool
>>
>>28706796
not sure why the fuck i called you op, this is what i get for drinking last night
>>
>>28702811
Smugleaf id god tier you fuckin cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 1136x494px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 1136x494px
>>28703541
So do you
>>
What were the most popular starter Final Evos in Japan? Greninja came first, that much I know.
>>
>>28702395
Nobody likes Emboar or Samurott.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 300x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 300x288px
>>28706957
I'd take gen 5 and 6 starters over those bland and shitty one introduced in gen 2 anytime.
>>
>>28702395
Phox and Naught got some attention from furfags.
Nah, 2nd gen and 5th gen are the least favorite ones afaik.
2nd gen is the "they just get bigger" and 5th gen is boxed-pieces-of-shit gen.
>>
>>28702823
>and it seems like a lot of people wanted a more sleek design out of Chespin
>knight
>nuts
>sleek
So retards then?
>>
>>28707115
>knights aren't sleek
You're the retard here. The average knight armor is sleek as fuck, and Chesnaught betrays the look by being a mecha abomination.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.