[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I remember when Nidoking and Rhydon used to look really powerful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: nidoking.gif (70KB, 105x83px) Image search: [Google]
nidoking.gif
70KB, 105x83px
I remember when Nidoking and Rhydon used to look really powerful.

Now they look fucking derpy.
>>
>>28696506
the thing about 3d models is that some of them are going to look derpy. Some shit, like Nidoking and Blastoise just straight up look better as a 2d sprite than as a 3d model.

the exact opposite has happened to alot of other mons, like Duskull or Archeops
>>
>>28696506
Nidoking still looks like it can kick the ass of 650 existing Pokémon by design comparison. Decreased a bit but otherwise still great
>>
>>28696588
Until you realize it's only 4'7" and 137lbs. Smaller than almost every adult.
>>
File: GMK_Baragon[1].jpg (181KB, 760x497px) Image search: [Google]
GMK_Baragon[1].jpg
181KB, 760x497px
Still not as derpy looking as the monster it's based on.
>>
>>28696652
>pokedex size
>relevant
pick one and only one

seriously, even the games themselves disregard the sizes when you consider the fisherman asking you to bring him magikarp to measure - the average magikarp is way bigger than the pokedex size.
>>
Rhyhorn looks terrible in 3D
Especially from the front
>>
File: Ash_Noctowl_size[1].png (333KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Noctowl_size[1].png
333KB, 640x480px
>>28696754

The Pokedex size is the average. There are smaller and larger specimens.
>>
>>28696506
Rhydon's cool factor died with Rhyperior.
>>
>>28697829
Oh boo fucking hoo cry me a fucking river, rhydonfag
>>
>>28697864
Why are you mad?
>>
>>28696563
>Archeops

This is bait.
>>
>>28696816
Whoa, that Noctowl is pretty, small, don't you think?
>>
>>28696563
archeops and dustox have the best 3d models
>>
>>28697937
Im not the one salty for a pokemon existing for more than 10 years m8
>>
Its a lot harder to translate 2d designs to 3d. Many are not going to look the same due to the nature of mediums. It's actually the same sort of phenomonen as when you mirror a picture of something looking in one direction to make it look like it's facing head on. It looks fatter even though it might technically be on model.
>>
>>28698097
Who is salty? All I'm saying is Rhyperior looked derpy long before the XY models.
>>
>>28698169
Rhydon, rather. Rhyperior being the final evo makes the entire line look derpier as a result.
>>
>>28698097
>IT'S BEEN TEN YEARS
Jesus.
>>
>>28697864
>>28698097
What an embarrassing overreaction.
>>
>>28698026
Anon when were you diagnosed with terminal shit taste? Archeops looks fucking amazing now, like an actual early bird Pokemon
>>
File: king.jpg (8KB, 190x170px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
8KB, 190x170px
>>28696563
I think they looked fairly menacing in Stadium.

Newer models aren't as sharp, teeth are less emphasized, and they expression on the eyes are nearly crosseyed. They looked a little bit derpy, but not as much as now.
>>
>>28698321
How do you even quantify "derpy"ness.
>>
>>28696506
yeah, i too remember being 10
>>
>>28698355
By how new the game is, apparently.
>>
It can't be any worse than Arcanine's 3D model. Out of every Pokemon, Arcanine got possibly the worst end of the 3D stick.
>>
>>28696588
>>28696652
Yeah, i was pretty shocked when in the anime they showed a little girl with her nidoqueen and they were almost the same size.
How the fuck am i supposed to fantasize about being dominated by a hot queen dinosaur monster when i feel like i can kick it ass? fuck!
>>
File: 1 (8).jpg (86KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1 (8).jpg
86KB, 400x399px
>>28696506
>derpy
>>
>>28698355
Derpiness or more or less an awkward/dumb appearance. The way they animated the mouth to lazily hang open like a panting dog as opposed to a jerky half-bites in the old one. The way the eyes vacantly stare forward with little expression.
>>
>>28698964
No, I mean how do you quantify it. Once you say something is less "derpy" than another thing that is also "derpy" that means there has to be a metric.

Also I just looked up Nidoking videos in Stadium and it really doesn't look different movement-wise, in the sense of how its mouth moves and how its eyes look. Its mouth is still open all the time and the eyes don't strike me as any more focused.
>>
>>28696506
>>28698321
His spikes are smaller, his claws are smaller, his head looks rounder and he generally looks fatter
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.