[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys like using legendaries on your team? for me personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 1473532591736.jpg (255KB, 1200x522px) Image search: [Google]
1473532591736.jpg
255KB, 1200x522px
do you guys like using legendaries on your team?
for me personally i never feel that attached to them, and story wise i just go with what i feel good about, not like specific teams or anything, so i never really use them.
>>
File: Team01.png (320KB, 900x480px) Image search: [Google]
Team01.png
320KB, 900x480px
Idk if she will be legendary
>>
>>28693300
I've only ever used zapdos in the original games as a legendary on my team
Other than that I don't use legendaries
>>
Only when they fill an HM need that isn't currently being met (i.e. I had Rayquaza in Ruby for Fly), but otherwise no.
>>
File: 1474229506650.jpg (15KB, 236x332px) Image search: [Google]
1474229506650.jpg
15KB, 236x332px
>>28693300
Friendship ended with LUGIA, now EXPANSION is my best friend
>>
I used legendaries when I was like 15. After a while it felt "wrong"
>>
Always rayquaza because shes my favorite
>>
File: 1400192981638.jpg (100KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1400192981638.jpg
100KB, 600x600px
Usually no, but I made an exception when I soft-reset for a shiny Lugia.
>>
For me, it only feels wrong if they're the box legends or mythicals. I love Victini but I never use it on my team.

The only legendaries I like using in-game are the first three trios (Kanto birds, Johto beasts and Hoenn golems).
I've also used Latios in ORAS, though.

Right now I have both Registeel and Zapdos on my team and it doesn't feel "wrong".
I don't understand why some players get autistic about other people using legendaries in general, since the trios are hardly overpowered.
>>
>>28693864
I wish the Shiny actually looked more like your image. For me, the current shiny color is more red than pink, and it looks kinda bad, but the default is easily one of my favorites
>>
I used Yveltal in Y because I like how it looks. It's really cute in Amie, too.
I think it's fine as long as you keep them underleveled to balance things out.
>>
No, I never use them in game
>>
>>28693784
>she
oh boy, can't wait to see how this plays out
>>
No. I'm not a faggot.
Especially one who uses Dark Void Darkrai.
Or I'd practically glow.
>>
File: ded birds.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ded birds.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Sadly, i do not, not even when fighting other players. I just have this mentality that they're "too powerful" for ingame, and in multi i prefer using other stuff, even if the legends are shit like Articuno or Regigigas. I don't even know why, i always was like this. Probably will still apply to SM, which is sad because i fucking LOVE Tapu Koko.
>>
>>28693300
Usually no. It just feels wrong.

I'm this trainer going around from gym to gym with my mons I caught on the go. Not some crazy guy with an arceus, mewtwo and genesect on his team. Just doesn't seem right.

I can make exceptions for legendaries that aren't OP and usually suck ass at least like articuno maybe
>>
>>28694037
>>28694201
What's the difference between using a 600 BST legendary (most of them, except the trios which have 580 BST) and a pseudo like chomp or ttar?
>>
>>28694242
Them being legendary. It's an odd feeling.

Imagine going into some fucking gym in a little village and out of your pokeball hops a fucking palkia or rayquaza

that's just not right
>>
>>28693300
I might go against my anti-legendary crusade for my team if it turns out solgaleo/lunala are bro-tier and help defeat the Ultra Beasts during the main story, like the last nip trailer suggested.
>>
>>28694281
>palkia or rayquaza
Except I wasn't talking about those
Random cunts in the battle maison who aren't even renowned trainers have a Cresselia or Suicune. Why couldn't you?
>>
>>28694327
battle maison is post game though
I'm mainly talking about the story

once I am the champion anything goes
>>
>>28694356
Yeah.
I get why using Fug wouldn't feel right, all I'm saying is having a Regirock shouldn't be unrealistic to the point that it would ruin your immersion, no more than having a Garchomp or a Slaking you know
Guys like Regirock or the birds barely have any lore behind them and are pretty common as far as legendaries go, they don't even feel like legends to me
>>
>>28694467
I can't get over there being multiple of a legendary
my headcanon says there is ONE of each
>>
>>28694505
that's stupid since it's been proven wrong numerous times
The only unique legendaries might be the box legends and Arceus, all the rest aren't unique
Guys like Articuno or the golems are "common" for legendary standards
>>
>>28694549
I know. But I refuse to live in a world where there are 500 articunos flying around
>>
>>28694581
Yet that's how it is :^)
idk just use the mons you like, the rest hardly matters
>>
I don't, but it has less to do with it feeling "wrong" than them just typically not being that cool to me. I like weird pokemon, so stuff like Regice are all right but ones like the birds or genies or whatever are uninteresting.
>>
>>28694605
Exactly, I do. I tend to not like most legendaries to begin with, so not wanting to really use any until I'm the king of the region only goes hand in hand with that.

Especially in the latest gens I hated almost all legendaries
>>
>>28694627
There are no legendaries you like? At all?
The Gen 6 ones all suck aside from Hoopa, you're right about that
I'm still mad Volcanion's typing and theme was wasted on such a shit design
>>
>>28694688
They'll make another bug/fire if they want to, regardless of Volcarona existing. Vikavolt exists despite Galvantula, for just one example.
>>
>>28694727
Volcarona isn't a legendary
I was talking about the literally steaming pile of shit called Volcanion
>>
>>28694688
Sure, some.

articuno and zapdos
mew and mewtwo
suicune
lugia
kyogre and rayquaza
lati@s are okay I guess
arceus
victini
genesect
xerneas

and actually I think both solgaleo and lunala are decent, gen 7 might actually have a bunch of good ones again

that's about it
>>
>>28694780
>Zapdos
>Arceus
>Victini
>Genesect
bretty good taste senpai
>>
>>28694813
I wonder what kind of legendaries they'll let us catch in alola.

You know, given the extreme gen 1 pandering with the formes and all I feel like it would be extremely unlikely for them to NOT let you get the gen 1 legendaries in the postgame.

Would be nice, too, because then you could use them properly what with the new pentagon and all
>>
>>28693300
When i was younger i'd put them on my team when battling the elite four.
>>
I tought I was the only one who felt this way. I never use legendaries since it feels off as well. Not even shit ones or semi ones like heatran. I like to roleplay as a regular poke trainer in all the games and even while battling.

Plus nothing beats the feeling of beating someone who uses genies+legendary birds with your mono or theme team with no legends.
>>
>>28694855
Well we already got the Kanto legendaries in Kalos
It'd be nice if they could make all the birds available this time.

Too bad they'll never make the mythicals available in-game, I'm tired of lvl. 100 event mons
>>
>>28694909
I agree, would be nicer if they released tiny patches and gave them an actual place
>>
>>28694941
Yeah
Reintroducing items like Oak's Letter but making them available inside the game instead of distributing them would be perfect
It'll never happen though
>>
>>28693300

Yeah. I use all kinds of Pokémon.
>>
>>28693300
Used Lugia back in the original Silver since I really liked the movie. Kyogre in the original and remake of Sapphire since he's my absolute favorite. I think I used Rayquaza in my first playthrough of Emerald. Gen 3 just has my favorite legendary trio so i can't help it.

Only other time was the battle against N with Reshiram/Zekrom and that shit was amazing.
>>
Never.
I was replaying Black and dreading having to use Reshiram against N, but luckily the game gave me the option to just send it to the PC.
>>
I'm just glad HM slaves are no longer a thing

Now I can actually bring six pokemon I like with me and use them all

Will be hard enough as it is.
Robinhoot (grass/flying I think it was)
Wishiwashi (water)
Pikipek (normal/flying)
Rockruff (rock) into sun doggo
Vikavolt (bug/electric)
Salandit (poison/fire)

That's already six and I didn't even fit Wimpod and Turtonator which I also like. Oh and alola forme sandshrew, love that thing.
Good variety of types though I think.
>>
I don't believe in handicapping myself
I use whichever pokemon I feel like using
>>
>>28693330
>starter in anything other than plain pokeball. Faggot.
>>
>>28693300
I generally don't, but it's not like a strict rule for me not to use legendaries - it's just that usually I already have a team I was attached to by the time I caught them. I did use Lugia in Gen 2, for example, and then I used Reshiram at the end of BW because it felt right to pit Reshiram against Zekrom.

In Gen VI I did actually user Yveltal, but that was because it was so fucking cute. It's weird, the edgebird somehow seemed adorable to me.
>>
>>28695037
I'm loving this batch of new pokes. I can probably plan two or three full teams already and that's such a great feeling.
>>
>>28693300
Only in BW because it fit the story
Never for battling
>>
>>28695066
While it isn't the case in the pic

>Friend Safari
>>
I have no qualms using legendaries but I moderate myself depending on where I go. I'm talking box legendaries though. For example in VGC, I liked finally using my Kyogre in a format. Things like Zapdos, Cresselia, Landorus, etc I have no problem using or facing when I build single battle teams.

I really want a format like ubers so I can use and train Lunaala on cart
>>
>>28693300
I use them the first week i have the game, and then never.
I remember playing mega Fug in rotation battle. That was fun.

Before the whole internet thing i just played with legendary except for things like battle tower or restricted facilities, where i used the highest BST.

But i have changed now, i more competitive and have a bunch of bro.

I used semi legendary and mythical however(latios/jirachi/meloetta ect)
>>
File: travel.nationalgeographic.jpg (66KB, 608x405px) Image search: [Google]
travel.nationalgeographic.jpg
66KB, 608x405px
Favourite borb, favourite Legendary.
>>
I'll be boxing my starter in Moon and using Phione instead.
>>
>>28695297
absolutely disgusting
>>
The Regi Trio, the Birds, Latios & Latias, Heatran and maybe Diancie are the only Legendaries who don't feel... legendary. so I don't mind using these.
>>
>>28695312
Phione is probably the most underused non NFE Pokemon there is, homebrew lets me fix this by transferring at the literal beginning of the game.

Besides I box any starters after Gen IV anyways. They ugly.
>>
>>28693300
There's something kind of nice about using them when they're "intended", but at the same time I hate when I'm forced to use them.

But choosing to have a legendary on your team when it's really fitting for it to be there is a nice feeling. Like, I can just imagine how cool it'll be breaking Solgaleo out against one of the Ultra Beasts late in the game.
>>
>>28695346
>Phione is banned in the Maison and gen IV Frontier
What the fuck

As a rule of thumb I never use a pokemon that's banned in the region's battle facility. That way I can still use my favorite legends but it doesn't feel out of place.
But banning Phione always seemed strange to me.
>>
I use the Legendaries to fight other Legendaries.
So I'll use Dialga to capture Giratina.
Or Darkrai to capture Cresselia.
Or Yveltal to capture Zygarde.
>>
>>28695444
what about the first legendary
>>
>>28693330
>puts UB on team but not a Pokeball for it

You're contradicting yourself anon
>>
Legit only use Mewtwo X so I can counter the other legendaries in Battle Spot.
Could care less about legendaries. They're OP. I like a challenge not a slap to the face.
>>
>>28695891
>They're OP
Spotted the shitter who doesn't know what he's talking about
git gud
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.