[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever bought these chinese GBA pokemon games? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon.png (578KB, 1342x517px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
578KB, 1342x517px
Anyone ever bought these chinese GBA pokemon games?
They're extremely cheap and they scream fake all over, but even if they're bootlegs do they even work?
They're so cheap I might give it a try. It even has free shipping.
>>
I know someone that bought a vietnamese knock off game. It had a lot of weird dragon and snake monster rip off pokemon and was like mash up of Dragon quest and pokemon
>>
>>28689022
i haven't tried the gba games, but the ds bootlegs seem to be a 50/50 chance to work or not, and even then they usually break after a few hours. It's not worth it, just buy a real copy
>>
>>28689022
Buy them and post screenshots when you get them
>>
File: 1472147726746.jpg (94KB, 638x509px) Image search: [Google]
1472147726746.jpg
94KB, 638x509px
>>28689055
I'd play that
>>
>>28689055
Was that the GBC game called Diamond
I got that when I was a kid. it actually wasn't bad to play but the save not actually saving was too horrid.
>>
>>28689055
Hmm, but the seller has high feedback. Why would people rate him highly if the games aren't even pokemon?
>>28689077
The problem with real copies is they're hard to find and expensive.
>>28689081
I will post here, but I'd like to hear some more feedback from fellow anons.
>>
>>28689022
These days, these counterfeits offer the real game experience, but I think some obvious things like trading may not work.

I unknowingly bought a fake Diamond cart and although it work fine, when trying to trade my pokemon up to another game, the other cart that is real won't recognize the fake. Same thing happened when I tried to use a homebrew app to edit the save file on it, it wouldn't recognize the cart.

Basically, the game is there, but the formatting and the code that makes it an actual Gamefreak game isn't.
>>
>>28689022
they work but the batteries in them are shit.

my buddy actually bought the damn things and yeah - the battery conked out on emerald right away but stayed a while longer on ruby and sapphire.

Incidentally, the 4th gen games do in fact recognize them, so you can at least get wild gengar, magby and other such goodies with them if that's all you wanted out of them.
>>
>>28689155
they usually are just bots and/or stupid people who rate high before they realise that the games are fake and are going to break
>>
>>28689130
Im not sure but the game looked/sounded really cool. A bunch of asian diety type dragons battling and shit
>>
Just run them on an emulator. Hell, most telephones can play them these days. If you want to send them forward, do it via roms, then transfer the save file to a DS flashcart.
>>
>>28689265
ah yes, how simple.

>find a rom on a reputable rom site that won't give you a virus
>find a decent emulator (probably easier on a phone)
>spend ~$30 on a flashcart
>go through the hassles of moving shit around just to play a game

yeah, sounds a lot easier than paying pocket change for a decent counterfeit that did all that for you.
>>
>>28689265
I actually want them to play on gameboy and to trade too.
>>
>>28689364
just use emuparadise and coolrom, it's not hard to find roms and emulators. And you don't HAVE to buy the flashcart if you don't want to, only if you wanna transfer them to the new gens, which is a huge hassle anyway
>>
>>28689022
Waste of money. If you're looking to just play the games, emulate them. I got myself the cartridges a while back and they seemed to work okay but you can't transfer Pokemon to the Gen IV games, and I'm not sure if you can trade between official games or anything like that (if you can then I guess that solves the transferring issues, though you still can't do dual-slot mode) and I've heard they can get really buggy too and they suffer framerate issues. If you can get over all that, then sure, go for it.
>>
>>28689022
I once bought a copy of Sapphire with a gray cartridge. Game played fine except you couldn't save.
>>
These game use 64K of battery backed SRAM and not 128K of FLASH like the real ones. THey will not work with Pal Park and they are prone to random save data corruption. I am also sure RSE doesn't have a RTC.
>>
>>28689364
The counterfeit will most likely only last a couple hours before the battery dies on it.

Might as well just flush dollars down the toilet.
>>
>>28689022
When did eBay start taking good boy points?
>>
>>28689022
I have the Mother 3 English ROM ones and they're pretty good, honestly.
>>
>>28689364
>find a rom on a reputable rom site that won't give you a virus
What the fuck? Can you really not tell the difference between an .exe file and a .gba/.nds file? Jesus.

>spend ~$30 on a flashcart
There are $10 ones on Aliexpress that work like a charm.
>>
>>28689720
>RSE doesn't have a RTC
You absolute moron. You've never even played the game, have you?
>>
>>28689130
>>28689087
It's probably Telefang. Actually tried to remember it since I gave it a few gos from bootleg cartridges.
>>
I bought a Shiny Gold cartridge off ebay once, it never came.
>>
>>28689022
They're buggy and lose saves randomly, also you cant trade with them using a link cable/wireless adapter.
>>
the plastic is so cheap so it will fall apart easily,the save doesnt work,no trading or battling,buggy, and sometimes theres mistranslation.

I think if youre into funny bad bootlegs though, it can be fun.

Im looking for jade or diamond currently.. i love bootlegs.
>>
>>28689022
You can tell by the esrb rating those are fake.

I however bought The sinnoh trio games once on ebay.
>games come a month later
>come in little plastic containers, still use them for some of my other ds games
>play as long as I can in all of them to see how far I can go
>play pearl first and game freezes just when dawn/lucas shows you how to catch a pokemon. Game freezes almost every 14 minutes
>play diamond and the game locks up around eterna city, I think it was vecause I tried to go underground, doesn't freeze after that.
>play through platinum and game doesn't freeze even once.

So I guess it's the quality of the bootleg that matters. I checked the games trading and they could trade between each other and legit copies. They even traded all the way to omega ruby

I still wouldn't buy bootlegs though and I consider myself lucky. But I guess if you're really looking for a cheap 'authentic' play through you could easily get a cheap bootleg off ebay
>>
>>28689364
Are you this technologically retarded? There are like the exact same 2 rom sites that have been up since forever that are very reputable and they're pretty hard to miss because they're the very first links that pop up when you google a rom. Also getting an emulator on a phone is much harder then a PC. Even harder with an iPhone if you have one because you'd have to jailbreak it too. Also you don't have to move shit around to play a rom. Literally open up the emulator and click on the rom file and you're fine. Stop trying to make things seem difficult to help you're retarded argument.
>>
>>28689022
I actually have Saphire original and Ruby and Emerald like the ones in your pic.

I don't know if it is the case for everyone but they worked just fine. I was even able to exange pokemons from one game to another (Fake to original) But not from fake to fake. Also the weird part is that the original's battery ended before the fake room. But they were all used so I don't know how much time the previous owners used them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.