[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they the worst rivals? They're just so condescending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Serena(Lose).png (120KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Serena(Lose).png
120KB, 400x240px
Were they the worst rivals?

They're just so condescending and miserable
>>
>>28686946
yep
>>
>>28686946
No.
They actually did something, at least. As did Shauna.
Trevor and Tierno though? fuck them. I like them even less that that retard Silver.
>>
>>28686946
Yes
>>
>>28686946
Not as long as Brendan/May exist.
>>
>>28686946
I feel sorry for them
>>
>>28686946
Did they actually do anything?
>>
>>28686946

nah, Serena was one of the few rivals that managed to legitimately irritate me. I kick her ass up and down the street yet she continues being so condescending and shit

The rest of the "friends" sucked though
>>
>>28686946
Both her and Wally were terrible
>>
>>28686964
I think he meant gen 6 as a whole
>>
>>28686946
you can tell people who say Game Serena is better than Anime Serena have never played X or Y
>>
>>28689197
>Wally
>Terrible
Here's your (You), contrarian faggot.
>>
>>28689246
Look, someone's opinion which isn't shit.
>>
>>28689197
Wally was slightly better imo, but I don't really consider him to be the rival of that gen. May/Brendan fit the archetype more, and they were much worse.
>>
Tierno > Shauna > Trevor >>>>>>>> Serena.

Everyone complains about how annoying the first three are and how they never leave you alone, but at least they're in a good mood for it. Fucking Serena would come up to you, lose a battle, slit her wrists and leave. 10x worse to deal with than "let's compare Pokedexs, buddy!"
>>
File: rvltms.png (301KB, 1379x407px) Image search: [Google]
rvltms.png
301KB, 1379x407px
>>28686946
They at least had interesting teams in theory, it's a shame their levels and movesets were poorly scaled and trash

like >>28687002 said, brendan and may were the absolute worst
>>
>>28689805
obviously, in spite of them being in this image, I'm not actually counting Ethan/Lyra or Dawn/Lucas
>>
>>28686946

No.
>>
>>28686946
Considering that the very first time you battle them is after you get your third badge, yes.
>>
>>28689197
at least wally had something that even resembled character development. serena/calem's were just gradually whittled away by the PC's ingame button mashing to the point where their dialogue was just sort of "h-heh i guess i'm just a shitty trainer wow ur so good at pokemon anon hmu if u want to beat me again i'll be here every day forever"
>>
>>28686964
>>>>>>>>>>>>they actually did something
What did he mean by this? Other than interrupt you 5 times in between each new town to tell you how potions work or where the easily found gym is?
>>
>>28689979
Were relevant to defeating Team Flare.
>>
yes

nevermind the fact that 2 of them were just boring faggots that didn't even like battling, Serena was just a downer always complaining when she lost. Even Wally was less of a pussy.
>>
>>28689979
They actually assisted in the fight against flare.
Same with Shauna, though she moreso played support.
Trevor and Tierno kinda just sat there with fingers up their ass
>>
>>28687002
>>28689805
Brendan and May aren't really rivals, they're just your friend going on an adventure and are also blatantly dtf

Wally's the real rival and he turns into a god by the end
>>
>his rival was Serena

Cucks
>>
>>28690090
no they were blatantly rivals just shitty ones. they had the starters strong against yours. that they were shitty doesn't make them any less of rivals, just bad ones.
>>
Best rival was Barry. he was friendly but still highly competitive and he's the strongest rival we've got in terms of levels and the second strongest NPC behind only Red. Even then, he briefly held the title until HGSS increased the level of Red's Pikachu.

Asshole rivals don't work because they continue to act superior despite the player being forced to beat them to continue the game. Silver especially is horrible. Blue though is pretty decent.

Brendan/May are bad. Wally is an interesting concept at the very least.

Cheren is pretty great. He's not too easy. He's your friend but unlike the other friendly rivals, isn't constantly sucking the player's dick about how great they are.

I like Biance but she's clearly secondary to Cheren.

If N counts as a rival, then he's up there with Barry. Pretty great.

Hugh is also great. I like that he has a purpose for travelling other than the typical.

The Gen 6 chucklefucks are embarassingly bad though.
>>
>>28690090
Yeah, but RS (kinda in Emerald) he didn't really do much.

ORAS was a good when it came to characterization for all of it's other flaw

excpet for Zinnia
>>
>>28686946
The only game that arguably had worse rivals was RSE. 1, 2, 4, and 5 all had good ones.
>>
>>28689762

This, the bitch always fucking complained about how weak her shit is, even her post-battle animation has her looking like she wants to curl into a ball and die.
>>
>>28690076
Note how the women did all the work for some reason. This reeks of leftist influence....
>>
>>28690244
It could be Calem though so it's a mute point.

Also Shauna did jack shit
>>
>>28690194
>Asshole rivals don't work because they continue to act superior despite the player being forced to beat them to continue the game. Silver especially is horrible. Blue though is pretty decent.

It works for Blue because he always deflect to something like "eh i lost who cares? i'm rich and my girlfriends are waiting for me back home. i heard you're still a virgin, there's a great whorehouse in celadon. smell ya later!"

Silver is stupid because he keeps his whole "UR WEAK UR POKEMON ARE WEAK MY POKEMON ARE WEAK WEAKLINGS" every fight. dude, i swept the floor with your team minutes ago. shut up and leave
>>
>>28690194
Eh, Silver gets points from me due to him finally getting his Pokemon to evolve, but that should have been reflected in behavior.
>>
>>28689958
This. Bianca was kinda like that too but she at least had character development.

Serena/Calem were just seconds away from fucking suicide. We need more rivals like Barry who brush off defeat.
>>
If your rival was Serena you played the game incorrectly, this is objective fact.
>>
>>28690025
Not really they didn't do anything the PC couldn't have done by themselves.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.