[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many complaints about Popplio3 being too feminine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

File: litfake.jpg (99KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
litfake.jpg
99KB, 540x395px
Why are there so many complaints about Popplio3 being too feminine and nothing about Litten3 being too masculine?
>>
>>28683895
Because muh 87.5 gender ratio.
>>
>>28683895
Who cares? They are fake.
>>
All anyone ever complains about is that Litten 3 becomes a muscular wrestler.
>>
People don't want to be called faggots, but if they're playing Pokemon as an adult they're going to be judged no matter what.
>>
>>28683912
>le ebin denialfag meme
kys
>>
>>28683938
>le responding to obvious bait meme
Please stop.
>>
>>28683895
because litten3 is shit regardless
>>
>nothing about litten being too masculine

were you in a coma or something
Litten3 is the one who gets most shit from people around
>>
>>28683938
spoted the chinesefag
>>
>>28683895
The complaints of Litten3 are that its shit.
>>
>>28683895
Because it looks like shit no matter what gender it is
>>
>>28684253
This.
>>
>>28683970
Spotted the retard
>>
>>28683956
but not because "it's too masculine. every girl who picks litten because it's a cute cat is going to throw her 3ds in the garbage!"
>>
>muh quadroped
>please, not fire/fighting
>retarded proportions
>just looks like shit in general

Those typically are the loudest complaints, but you do hear the too masculine complaint from time to time.
>>
>>28685413
Because Litten has a 87.5% chance of being male
>>
Because people who are stuck working minimum wage will complain about a fictional animal more than actually fix their own problems.
>>
File: gamefreak logic.png (150KB, 454x1060px) Image search: [Google]
gamefreak logic.png
150KB, 454x1060px
>>28683895
The problem is that GF laid out false expectations. Popplio's description, theme and appearance indicated masculine evolutions. Nobody who wanted Popplio wanted it to evolve into feminine trash.
>>
Because i dont like them
>>
Because feminine Pokémon designs usually look like hot garbage, and Popplio3 is no exception.
>>
>>28685859
>Says that as if Popplio's design and evos weren't decided far before they were shown to the public
Also what part of the description or design make it masculine? The description has nothing gendered (unless you consider making balloons, or being frivolous and hardworking masculine) and if you think a pink nose and a frilly cuff is manly, you're retarded.
>>
>>28685859
>Popplio's description, theme and appearance indicated masculine evolutions.
I could question how any of that indicated masculine evolutions at all.

I could question where in your questionable little mind these things would even trigger the thought of masculine evolutions.

It's an acrobatic sea lion that loves being playful and doing tricks with its water balloons. How is this masculine in any way?
>>
>>28683895
I'm not. I'm just mad they're all so humanoid. If they're real
>>
>>28685859
>That image

hhehehe

That aside, when I first saw Popplio, I didn't really had a theme for it in my mind and most I'd see around the internet would either be elegant bigger evolutions or clown-like evolutions for it.

Arguably, whenever I'd see the site for reference, clown wouldn't exactly be the first thing that would cross my mind, but rather something akin to a performing acrobatic sea lion and it never even crossed my mind even once that Popplio would become a selkie or mermaid, whatever Poppmaid is as a final evolution. You could argue whether she becomes a entertaining maid (?).

And all I'm left asking is, after seeing the supposed final evolution and going back to the site again... I can't say I see anything in Popplio's description that would ever allude to it becoming anything like Poppmaid or going through such a drastic change except for the fact that it in fact, alluded to a performing acrobatic sea lion.

This is basically how Popplio was described

>Hard-working
>Frivolous (fancy word for silly, not taking things seriously)
>Tends to get carried away, enough to unleash enough power (?)
>The site put a lot of emphasis on how it had a natural ability of making water balloons and how it would be seen working hard on mastering them
>Determined

If Poppmaid is a voice-focused evolution that could still have acrobat/performing influence, then wouldn't the description allude to Popplio regarding anything about its voice/cry? If Popplio still has his water balloon skills, where are they in Poppmaid's concept? I'm not talking about little bubbles here, I'm talking about big ass bubbles which Popplio was already capable of achieving, albeit with its snout, you can clearly see these in Popplio's art. Rowlett was even inside one of them, where did that go?
>>
>>28685859
>Wahh!! It didn't evolve into what I wanted!
>>
>>28685669
gardevoir, gotthitelle, lopunny, ect
eeveelutions are considered feminine by a lot of people but eevee has the same gender ratio as the starters. and that's because the starter gender ratio is for gameplay purposes.
>>
File: image.png (104KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104KB, 258x248px
>>28685859
>thinks they make the evolutions of the starters AFTER they reveal the base forms

You're an idiot for making/posting this.
>>
>>28683895

Because most of the people bitching are males. Why would we care how masculine something is? If anything, it should be more masculine. I'm sure that Litten3 does piss off a lot of female pokemon fans, since every girl wanted Litten. You just don't hear them bitching as much because there's significantly less of them, and many of the ones that do exist are too casual to even know such leaks exist.
>>
>>28683950
See >>28683950
>>
File: 1474168318820.png (597KB, 699x823px) Image search: [Google]
1474168318820.png
597KB, 699x823px
>>28683895

Not like it matters. You can make just about anything more/less masculine or feminine in fanart.
>>
Wasn't a thing called "Gender Differences" introduced in gen 4? Have any starters had any drastic differences? And To be honest, I want Luchalitten to be real it's my prediction of "I want Litten to become a Sabreron (Fire/Dark)" come true. all 3 are wonderfully designed and look like pokemon. i'd be happy even if this is not real. or if they get a "Miday/Midnight" forme like Lycanroc. it's possible but unlikely.
>>
>>28686725
>I'm an adult and I still don't like things that are "for girls"
>I will be upset when something is "for girls" instead of "for boys"
Maybe women just aren't so childish
>>
>>28686725
Or maybe most women just don't mind seeing masculine things. Women are used to enjoying things that don't appeal to their gender because for so long the majority of games haven't for years. I can enjoy things "meant" for either gender if they're good because I don't need something to be a reflection of myself to be able to find enjoyment and entertainment in it. We're getting one feminine (two if you think Delphox is feminine) starter after having many masculine Pokemon.

You say there aren't many women, and yeah, it's true that men do outnumber women quite a bit here, but there are almost definitely more women here than you think. You just assume everyone is male until proven otherwise. And how often does the topic of someone's gender come up?
>>
>>28683895
because they're both shit desu
>>
>>28686386
Froakie gave no indication of turning into Greninja either.
>>
>>28686893
Nothing significant. I think Venusaur has a seed on its flower if it's female.
>>
>>28687091

Ebin.
>>
File: tumblr_o45rvnEWpA1u1ljrzo1_540.gif (2MB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o45rvnEWpA1u1ljrzo1_540.gif
2MB, 540x230px
>>28683895
>MFW female Litten3
>>
>>28683895
the truth is because /vp/ is not one person. i don't like masculine or feminine specific mons, because that means they are very humanoid, which is what i actually don't like.
>>
>>28688369
I don't have an inherent problem with feminine or masculine Pokemon or even with humanoid mons but I am really sick of blatantly obvious furbait and that's exactly what Litten3 and Popplio3 are.
>>
>>28688456
>le furbait meme

Just shut up, dude.
>>
>>28688503
>le calling everything you disagree with a meme because you can't actually construct an argument meme
>>
>>28688590
>needing point how retarded it is to hate Pokemon designs just because furries may latch on to it
>>
>>28688456
i think it would be healthy to leave /vp/ for a bit and realize that people here (and elsewhere online, of course) will fetishize pretty much anything.
litten3 doesn't strike me as furbait, and popplio doesn't really strike me as it either, but since its somewhat female characteristic in its design, it certainly invites that response from that part of the fandom.
i mean i get the litten3 = bara aspect of litten3's design, and i get that popplio3 or what have is vaguely swimsuit like or something, but thats so... not specifically inherently sexual i don't see it as fur bait.
>>
>>28685859
>Popplio's description, theme and appearance indicated masculine evolutions.

no it didn't.
>>
>>28688456
You know what else is blatantly 'furbait', Anon? Midday Lycanroc.

What's that you say? It's a quadruped wolf, and so it can't be? Well that's where you are wrong, Anon.

Honestly giving a shit about whether or not something is 'furbait' is the most ludicrous issue you can have in regards to a Pokemon. Why would you honestly care? Is it because you feel like your feelings would get hurt if others knew you liked it, and that you'd get blasted anonymously and called a 'furry' for it?

Why should this matter? Are you really that worried about non-existent e-cred in an anonymous environment? It's just a Pokemon. Don't worry about such frivolous stuff.
>>
>>28683895
The complaint about luchalitten is either

>fire/fighting
>bipedal

or that it straight looks like dogshit
>>
>>28686725
no the problem is far too many vocal gamers are just giant whining manchildren who think everyone has to and should cater to them, otherwise they'll complain that the smaller demographics being treated equally is it being "forced" upon them.

because god help some of the many insecure dudes on here who can't deal with some feminine designs without feeling they are being attacked or someone else being put first for a change.
>>
>>28683895
Because tumblr faggots
>>
>>28686802
>Not using Beth Phoenix as a model for DivasLitten
>>
File: Neat.png (281KB, 480x355px) Image search: [Google]
Neat.png
281KB, 480x355px
>>28688910
>Implying all those who oppose Poppmaid are male

Although you could argue guys to not like her for being too feminine or simply because they are not fond of her design, we simply dislike Poppmaid because not every single girl in the vicinity happens to like the kind of approach Poppmaid is edging more towards to. For a mermaid/selkie blend, it's a awfully tacky design too.

But hey, keep calling every Poppmaid opposer a insecure man, that'll work.
>>
>>28683895
>nothing about Litten3 being too masculine?
What do you think the nonstop cries of BARA BAIT are?
>>
It should have been reversed. Popplio3 should have been the masculine one, and Litten3 should have been the feminine one. That's what everyone was expecting anyway.
>>
>>28689486
Is Rowlett3 the perfect face of Tumblr then?
>>
File: 1444196049640.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
1444196049640.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>28689443
>we simply dislike Poppmaid because not every single girl in the vicinity happens to like the kind of approach Poppmaid is edging more towards to.
Is anyone suggesting that Popplio3 is made to appeal to every single female? That's fucking retarded
>>
>>28689486
we just got a feminine fire starter, we dont need more furbait
>>
>>28683895
Because Luchalitten isn't even worth discussing anymore at this point, it's unanimously agreed to be utter fucking garbage.
>>
>>28689522
No. A gaping asshole is the perfect face for tumblr.
>>
File: 1457274570450.jpg (34KB, 170x168px) Image search: [Google]
1457274570450.jpg
34KB, 170x168px
OP here. I just realized that the filename of the OP image is "litfake". I am so sorry. Clover saves the filenames of images you save. I'm not denying this at all.
>>
>>28683895
People are upset that Poppmaid looks feminine when starters have a higher chance of being male.

No one bitches about Luchalitten appearing male because it has a high chance of actually being male.

Seems like typical autism to me.
>>
File: 1473556123098.jpg (85KB, 889x585px) Image search: [Google]
1473556123098.jpg
85KB, 889x585px
>>28683895
Because its hot
>>
>>28690338

Source
>>
File: 1473555219755.jpg (64KB, 905x665px) Image search: [Google]
1473555219755.jpg
64KB, 905x665px
>>28690415
I don't remember, might be Darkgem
>>
Because a teenaged boy's thought of having to put up with a feminine pokemon if they want a water starter triggers their autism.
Thank god they're all fake.
>>
>>28691005

Just epic.
>>
File: FurbaitLitten.png (260KB, 457x700px)
FurbaitLitten.png
260KB, 457x700px
>>28685413

>little girls prefer this furbait
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.