[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Pokemon Refresh is Amie with no mini games but with grooming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 3

1. Pokemon Refresh is Amie with no mini games but with grooming
2. Hyper Training is a new version of Super Training for IVs
3. Customization is back and is expanded
4. PokeRide is expanded riding from 6gen (skiddo, gogoat, rhyhorn, mamoswine, lapras in XY, wailmer, sharpedo, kyogre, latias, latios in ORAS)
5. Z-moves are power boosts for moves just like megas were power boosts for Pokemon
6. Photo spots are back, this time we make photos to pokemon instead of our character
7. Trials are deffo brand new and interesting but they do replace gyms so thats basically a trade, not something additional (besides we've yet to see if they're better, worse or same level as gyms)
8. Battle Royal is a new battle format which seems nice but doesnt seem very exciting (the battle ends after just one person loses), also it seems its made mainly for online. Still XY introduced hordes, sky battles and inverse battles so its not like this is a lot bigger

Where are the "Big Guns" for the annivesary: second region OR frontier OR pwt OR old exciting characters visiting (Not Oaks lookalike cousin or Sina and Dexio) OR just any post game places to explore that isnt just additional island with new Battle Tower/Maison

Explain to me why people think its the best game ever because so far content wise it looks like upgrded and more polished XY with possibly better story (then again Ultra Beasts...)

GF took longer than usual to make this so where's the content that isnt a rehash of XY/ORAS stuff and isnt replacing something else (like trials or Battle Royal)

Graphically 10/10
Content wise XY+/10
>>
>Why isn't GameFreak showing the coolest things that they would want to keep a surprise?
Remember how the Delta Episode and every new mega in ORAS revealed to us prior to release? Remember how that ruined the feeling of discovering the new content added to Hoenn? That's why they're not showing the "big guns".
>>
>>28681817
But anon you forget that this is how the promotion works: you're promoting the games with the best stuff.

Revealing Delta episode wasnt bad, spoiling mots of it was. IF GF would just reveal Zinnia and said the post game story involves Zinnia and Rayquaza that would be amazing. Spoling Deoxys was the bad part, not the reveal
>>
>>28681785
I don't need to know everything about the post game content. I just want to know that there actually IS something in the post game. More than what we got in XYORAS at least.
>>
>>28681785

>Name all cool features
>OMG WHERE ARE THE COOL FEATURES

Seriously have we ever seen so much content in the trailers alone? These are probably the biggest Pokemon Games yet
>>
>tfw we paid to betatest for this game
>tfw GO bandwagonners will get the best possible experience without having to suffer through Kalos.
>>
>>28681785
>"Big Guns"
>Frontier

Of all the things you posted, that isn't something even remotely worth hyping.
>>
>>28682060
>Frontier
>Not hype worthy
Explain.
>>
>>28682019
Feature wise it might be, but I'm worried about the lenght of the story.
>>
>>28681785
5 is such a bullshit
>>
>>28681785
>post game content revealed before games are released

Are you retarded?
>>
>>28682106

Can you explain how it is? I just finished an emerald run, getting all gold the third time, and it's just kind of...bland?

I really don't get the hype for it, and would much rather a good tower clone, maybe with some mode variance like inverse, instead of a bunch of gimmicky shit.
>>
>>28682060

I don't get it either. Guess its a nostalgia thing rather than a gameplay/content thing.
>>
>>28682019
>These are probably the biggest Pokemon Games yet

Biggest games graphically but content wise so far its mostly the same as 6th gen. Its just expanded and enhanced but i wouldnt call these games biggest considering we dont even know if there's anything post game
>>
>>28682144
Are you new? GF promotes post game content when its worth promoting (hence why they never promoted post game in XY)
>>
>>28681785
>no minigames in Refresh

I want to fucking believe this but where do you get the heart-shaped treats, then?
>>
File: extreme meme.png (3MB, 1795x1656px) Image search: [Google]
extreme meme.png
3MB, 1795x1656px
>>28681785
>game is two months from release
>HURR WHY HAVEN'T THEY SHOWN US ALL THE CONTENT ALREADY
>>
>>28682334
Its possible they just spawn as a reward for grooming your pokemon
>>
Its ironic because the same people who were shitting on gen 6 because of the lack of content are praising Sun and Moon to be the best games in the series despite having the exact same content (just tweaked here and there) wrapped up in new world,new pokemon and new graphics.
>>
>>28682683
>Its ironic because the same people who were shitting on gen 6 because of the lack of content are praising Sun and Moon to be the best games in the series despite having the exact same content (just with more stuff added) wrapped up in new world,new pokemon and new graphics.
Here's your (you).
Because I can't believe anyone is THIS retarded in truth... they must be b8ing.
>>
>>28682838
Explain where Sun and Moon has more content than 6th gen.

Go on, im opening bag of popcorn
>>
>it's not the best game
>it's an upgraded and better version of previous games
>>
>>28681785
>(then again Ultra Beasts...)
You lost all credibility with this line. If you aren't excited for a new type of story with real bosses then you are just a nostalgic faggot.
>>
>>28682922
Im not saying Ultra Beasts ar bad per se but its way too early if its going to turn into good or bad. What if Ultra Beasts arent enemies but they're attacking Alola for a very good reason? Are they catchable? etc
>>
>>28681785
Have you thought of it the other way around?
It's not that sun and moon is "polished XY" but rather XY and ORAS are "betas" to sun and moon!
>>
>>28683040
Thats just an excuse to say "we couldnt come up with anything new or better:"

Those things were already used in the pat either way. Polishhing and updating them doesnt make then new
>>
>>28681785
>frontier OR pwt OR old exciting characters visiting
None of this was fucking good content. Frontier is overrated gimmick shit, PWT was cool but got old fast, and returning characters are boring and only serves to hype the "X GEN IS GETTING REMADE" fags.
>>
>>28683212
So are you trying to say gen 6 was GOAT? Or maybe there are some better features?
>>
>>28682299
No, gamefreak promotes postgame stuff like a month before the game is released at best
>>
>>28681785
>second region
How is this part of the "big guns" when it's the worst thing they can do?
>>
File: 1473868729373.jpg (720KB, 991x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1473868729373.jpg
720KB, 991x1400px
>>28683235
>are you trying to say gen 6 was GOAT?
Not at all. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy XY and all, but those features in the older games that you are praising generally just bored me to tears. They had ZERO focus outside of gimmicky NPC battles, there wasn't even a story element behind it.

The looker quests in post XY and delta story line in ORAS, while not great, are a step towards what I want in a proper post game. I want an epilogue of the story with exploration elements, not mindless NPC battles which are a joke compared to top tier competitive battles with real people.

All in all, the game should have a focus on the main story in the first place. All this "MUH POST GAME" garbage is a really shitty meme. Is a post game a cool treat? Absolutely, but why do people act like its so fucking important? You don't buy a game to see what the fuck is after the credits.
>>
>>28683332
It is important. While its true you can play online it might get boring and also after they shut down the online features you're left with no post game and thats bad.

Some of old games have Frontiers, PWT, challenges like Black Tower etc. XY has only Maison which is pretty boring, ORAS has Maison on legends.

Thats all. If Sun and Moon will end up being the same post game wise it'll be very bad
>>
>>28682291
>Biggest games graphically but content wise so far its mostly the same as 6th gen
I hope you aren't one of those retards that think that post game is the only content because so far the content shown is about the second most of all games behind BW2.
>>
>>28683330
>How is this part of the "big guns" when it's the worst thing they can do?
Im sorry what?
>>
>>28682019
>amie
>cool feature
>>
>>28683391
>also after they shut down the online features you're left with no post game and thats bad.
They don't shut down the Wi-Fi until generations fucking later. By then you should have a new game to play so why does it matter?
>>
>>28683398
>I hope you aren't one of those retards that think that post game is the only content because so far the content shown is about the second most of all games behind BW2.
HOW. dare to explain?
>>
>>28683407
Did you completely miss how a second region ruined the Johto games?
>>
>>28683235
Not him but yes, gen 6 is objectively the best generation. The only reason anyone says otherwise is /vp/ is mostly underage bandwagoners who grew up with DPPtHGSS and are just now hitting their "I'm a big grown up and Pokemon has is RUINED FOREVER!" phase like OG fans did when gen 3 hit.
>>
>>28683330
>Implying a second region with its own story line and ramped up difficulty wouldn't be the best fucking postgame ever
>>
>>28683407
it's true
>>
>>28683422
Have you not been paying attention to the reveals?
>>
>>28683415
So why people complain about gen 6 so much? Sure it had poor post game but you'll get new game soon so why complain?
>>
>>28683408
It's an objectively better version of following Pokemon.
>>
>>28683439
Have you read the first post? The content is on the same level as 6 gen just more polished
>>
>>28683444
Considerably more useful and fun too.
Not to mention it doesn't have that shiny leaf bullshit.
>>
>>28682849
>explain where this unreleased game has more content
What are you asking him to prove? No one can prove it has the same amount of content, less or more.
Is pretending to be retarded to incite shitty arguments on an anonymous image board really that fun? Or are you genuinely mentally disabled?
>>
>>28683440
The same reason people complained about gen 5, and gen 4, and gen 3.

Vocal minorities love to bitch about something.
>>
>>28683444
it's crap that only casualizes the game even further and its getting even more overpowered and forced down your throats in Sun/Moon

you want one of the stupid friendship evolutions? enjoy playing on brainless mode because your pokemon will start crit'ing out of nowhere and even survive when he should be fucking dead, oh and it will also heal all bad statuses too
>>
>>28683440
>why people complain about a game being short and lacking features? you can get another soon so why complain?

Are you really this retarded or just a nintendo shill?
>>
>>28683467
>What are you asking him to prove? No one can prove it has the same amount of content, less or more.
Then why is he claiming gen 7 has more content than gen 6 when he cant prove it? Simple as that
>>
>>28683479
>you want one of the stupid friendship evolutions?
>thinking friendship and affection are the same thing
Can we just get mods to ban people like this?
>>
>>28683479
The game has always been casual, this isn't an argument. No one plays pokemon for difficulty. If they do, they're most likely really dumb or an actual kid.
>>
This is going to be a dumb question.
I know Hyper Training is for IV's...but the whole super training EV thing is still in the game right?
Like they didn't just replace it all together?
Again, sorry for dumb question
>>
>>28683494
They are in Sun/Moon, frendo
>>
>>28683491
So far Sun and moon shapes to be the same as XY content wise
>>
>>28683493
You're the retard that claimed they have the same amount of content. What the flying fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>28683522
And he said Sun and Moon has more. i ask him to prove it.
>>
>>28683505
There's literally only one pokemon that evolves via amie alone jackass.
>>
Each island will have a major post-game feature, watch.
>>
>>28683537
kek
>>
>>28683501
Why don't they just give us a lvl100 starter pokemon with infinite PP 300BP moves then? no one plays pokemon for difficulty!

Stop being retarded. You idiots keep using this "argument" and it doesnt make any goddamn sense. Just because a game is easier or not focused on being difficult doesn't mean you have to casualize and simplify everything to the ground to the point its barely a game anymore
>>
>>28683428
Gen VI Dex is ass, the fuck out of here.
>>
>>28683479
>oh no my fantasy pet sim has fantasy pet sim elements
Still OBJECTIVELY better than following Pokemon
>>
>>28683532
Not him but
>battle royal
>new amie features
There, more than XY objectively. Not to mention we're on track to have more pokemon than XY not including Alolan pokemon
>>
>>28683569
>oh no my fantasy pet sim suddenly gives my pokemon superpowers whether i want it or not

That's the real problem you goalpost moving fuck
>>
>>28683557
So where's the point in your argument?
>>
>>28683572
>>battle royal
XY introduced inverse battles, hordes, sky battles

>>new amie features
Sun and Moon gets grooming but loses mini games

Thats not more
>>
>>28683557
The point was that further casualization for a game that is already casual as fuck should not bother you.
Nothing is even forcing you to use Amie or any of this shit. Unless you want a Sylveon, which so far is the only pokemon that evolves by Happiness, you don't NEED to use Pokemon Refresh. And let's say, even if Refresh allowed you to evolve pokemon that required Friendship, there is nothing forcing you to use it, unless they literally remove the other ways of getting it, which they wouldn't.

Complaining about an optional feature that makes the game easier is fucking retarded. Just don't use it, there is nothing lost.
>>
>>28683582
Only Pokémon you have to use Amie for is Sylveon, dumbo. Even then, that's only 2/5 hearts and you can still reset it by trading if it triggers your autism THAT much
>>
>>28683532
Why don't you first prove they have the same amount of content, since that was your original claim?
>>
>>28683600
Alola forms
Battle royal
Z moves
Finder
Ultra beasts
Zygarde hunt
Also refresh =/= all of amie
Any how you look at it there's more.

And are you seriously calling fucking sky battles new content when it's just a regular battle?
>>
>>28683740
First post retard
>>
>>28683754
You mean the post that goes nuh uh that doesn't count?
>>
>>28683746
This also it seems like the scale it a lot larger too so we're looking at a longer game in general.
>>
>>28683746
>And are you seriously calling fucking sky battles new content when it's just a regular battle?
Regular battle forcing you to use certain mons. Try again

>Alola forms
New forms like megas where
>Battle royal
Just a new battle style, XY introduced few
>Z moves
Basically megas for moves which just means long ass animation for attcaks. if thats "content" for you...
>Finder
What?
>Ultra beasts
Either new mons or bosses, hardly more content
>Zygarde hunt
XY had mega stone hunt

Also refresh IS amie just nerfed in some parts and updated in other parts

Where's more?
>>
>>28683698
>>28683703
>hurr dont like this? dont use it

I don't think you faggots realize how you use this as an answer to anything and in the end the only thing new gen XY brought was the retarded plot because every new feature was turned off for being casualized shit. Gee, i guess this is why people are complaining then. they want to buy a game and play said game, not turn off 75% of it on an already short as fuck experience! Who would have guessed?
>>
>>28683828
Nice "this doesn't count" argument you have there. And it's hilarious that you think a restricted battle is anything new to the series

Also the finder is the snap like feature where you can take photos of pokemon in the wild.
>>
>>28681785
>1
we don't know if there's mini games or not, it's likely there will be

>2
Hyper Training seems like a godsend for legitimate players/Shiny Hunters, Lord knows how many times I tried hatching competitive shinies just for it to be missing Speed or Attack power.

>3
nothing wrong with more customization options

>4
There's buzz that PokeRide may replace HM's altogether, if that's true then this the gamechanger /vp/ always wanted, but we'll wait and see for a true confirmation.

>5
Don't know enough about Z-moves to comment. I'll wait to see how much base power a Z-move is to have a real opinion.

>6
a lot of people have asked for a pokemon snap-like feature in the games, GF delivered.

>7
don't know enough about the trails for a real opinion, I do appreciate they're shaking up the progression formula after 20 fucking years though.

>8
Battle Royal just seems like super fast-paced fun to me, not something I'll look forward to doing every day but I appreciate the effort of making such a format.

as for the *Big Guns*, I would be so underwhelmed if this was ALL the content in the game, with no surprises held back. if you're not happy with what's shown now, there's definitely more to come with 2 months still left until release.
>>
>>28683902
Thats not a finder, thats Pokdex map feature

The photo spots are things like in XY: here you make photos to Pokemon, in XY to your character all over Kalos region

If a restricted battle isnt new then Royal also isnt new because its a regualr battle with different restriction
>>
>>28683829
Maybe we don't see it as a problem because choices are an RPG staple. Hell it's what makes them role playing games.

I've noticed the people who don't accept the don't use it argument are the same kind that only play pokemon.
>>
>>28683942
>thinks "turn this feature on or off" is a legit choice and staple for RPGs

I guess Uncharted is a rpg too because i can choose which weapon i use and i can also choose to turn the game on and off when i want

Brilliant!
>>
>>28683911
Im not saying that somethings wrong with it, im saying so far its nothing more bar 6th gen content, yet people act like its tons more.

I do hope Gf has something more but then again we hoped for ORAS and we know how it ended
>>
>>28683940
>Thats not a finder, thats Pokdex map feature
It's literally called the pokemon finder you retard and it's nothing like the photos in XY.

>If a restricted battle isnt new then Royal also isnt new because its a regualr battle with different restriction
There are no restrictions on Royals you retard it's an all v all battle. And no, before you say it multi battles are not royals as they were 2v2. Sky battles on the other hand are just singles with a small amount of pokemon to use.
>>
>>28683971
Good lord. You just don't want to accept you're wrong do you.
>>
>>28681785
>implying better customization is not good
commit sudoku
>>
>>28683971
Anon, RPGs are all about tailoring your run the way you want from your build to the items you use. Uncharted is a linear action adventure game.

How can you even argue that point?
>>
>>28684090
>Anon, RPGs are all about tailoring your run the way you want from your build to the items you use

A gameplay option which you can turn on or off has nothing to do with rpg staples you dense motherfucker. Turning aim assist or ranger mode on or off in Metro doesnt make it a RPG
>>
>>28683502
Super training is most likely still in the game.We can't be sure at this time thought.
>>
>>28684120
It does if said feature affects your team and build which the exp share does seeing as it's purpose was to allow switching without the excess grind to level up a pokemon.
>>
>>28683828
>XY had mega stone hunt
SM probably does too.
>>
>>28684120
Anon, why are you wasting time here?Are you a newfag? Don't you know roughly 95% of this board is sub 90 IQ?

>>28684235
Look at this fucker, why are you wasting time with a legit retard?

Stop it.
>>
>>28684380
>why are you wasting time with a legit retard?
Mostly because I'm bored and all of my stuff needs to charge. Including the phone I'm currently on.
>>
>>28681785
I don't think the ultra beasts thing is very appealing. expansion is the most ridiculous pokemon to this day. but we'll see I guess. hopefully I can beat the dumb looking ones and be done with them.
>>
>>28683491
>about a game being short
I don't see people complain about gen V. Reminder that not liking something or liking something better than another thing doesn't mean the "another thing" doesn't exist.
>>
>>28681785
I want to share a bit of the same feeling as OP

I was hyped (and still am i think) as fuck for Sun&Moon

But i have this weird feeling, they are showing a lot of videos, yet not that much content

We know there is no gym, no league, the world seems rather little

I am afraid that apart from the story we dont have much to do
And i'm speaking battle-wise
there seems to be not that much trainers, or space for trainers
We discovered the artificial island is not a facility

I'm just asking myself

Where do we actually do pokemon battles in this world? Everything looks like quest, speaking story and such

I'm just afraid there isn't "high lvl" pokemon battle at all

And that these 4 islands are the only thing we get

Because my hype ressemble a lot like what i felt for XY with all the news and features we had, it felt awesome

Yet the game was empty and boring, and 0 post game

I'm hyped, but worried. Though i have to admit i'm in love with every new pokemon + the pikadance is awesome

But come on game freak, tell me there is more than that, with actual battling, and not just only online.
>>
>>28684760
>I don't see people complain about gen V.
Why would they?
>>
>>28682291

> biggest game graphically

What does that even mean you stupid fuck?
>>
>>28684904
>But i have this weird feeling, they are showing a lot of videos, yet not that much content

Exactly. They do lots of pokemon reveals (which is good) but most of the content they show is either XY rehash (not that its bad) or something meh (sorry but i cant get excited for Battle royal, specially after its stream)

Other than that they havent shown much. Sure there's still 2 more months but im sure there will be more alola forms, pokes, starter mid evos, ultra beasts, maybe more legends etc

Its worrying
>>
>>28685319
>Its worrying
Not really. At the very least we can confirm that the game has more to do than say Plat.
>>
>>28685753
>At the very least we can confirm that the game has more to do than say Plat.

What? How? Are you baiting
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.