[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There are people who unironically support nu-smogon Until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: 739.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
739.png
80KB, 211x244px
>There are people who unironically support nu-smogon

Until gen 6, Smogon made a lot of thought out decisions towards balancing and I like them.

Early Gen 6 bans were good, Doexys, Genesect, Mega Luc.

But then shit got weird, they started doing the complex bans they hated.

NO SWAGPLAY, NO PASSING SPEED AND ATTACK

LETS JUST BAN BATON PASS ALTOGETHER :^)

And then banning M-Mawile who while top tier in OU, wasn't broken.

What happened that made Smogon go full retard this gen?
>>
>>28673159
Maybe you changed and realized that smogon was already shit before you noticed
>>
They want to ensure that nothing will ever threaten their elegant and intelligent stall teams.
>>
>>28673159
Gen VI and Go brought more kids and retards into playing pokemon.
>>
>>28673159
Sub punch was broken. It destroyed almost every steel counter.
>>
>>28673184
Nope, Gen 5 was great besides muh weather.

Gen 4 was probably the best meta ever.

Smogon didn't enforce any really weird bad bans during these times, most controversial was the brief garchomp and salamence bans
>>
>>28673230
Never had any problems with it.
>>
>>28673159
Gen VI brought so much broken shit they went bananas with trying to balance it.
>>
>>28673159
>M-Mawile who while top tier in OU, wasn't broken.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
oh wait you're serious
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28673159
who cares

if you dont like the format dont play tiers

fuck off
>>
>>28673159
M-Mawile was kind of busted. At that point, there was almost no reason not to run it. Play with half a brain and you could run through anything with it.
>>
>>28673159
>M-Mawile wasn't broken
>highest attack in the whole fucking game
>Access to Sucker punch to make up for shit speed
>Best typing in the whole game
>>
>>28673313
How do ya beat it?

Lando is the only good counter and that's only if it's bulky
>>
>>28673475
What's wrong with wanting a tier meta that doesn't punish your favorite playstyle(Hyper offense+passing)
>>
>>28673159
>NO PASSING SPEED AND ATTACK

>LETS JUST BAN BATON PASS ALTOGETHER :^)
Not banned yet, they're just testing.
>>
>>28673571
Play AG.
>>
>>28673532
Well I ran Adamant Life Orb talonflame, Flare Blitz one shots it.

If it gets a sub up I sacrifice something and just Flare Blitz it.

And now everyone only runs Jolly Beak Talonflame, so it's unexpected because Jollly Beak can't 1HKO it.
>>
dont know why people still follow their rules after greninja ban
>>
>>28673574
Soon though.

>>28673594
Yeah, if I want to play my playstyle I'm forced to go without sleep clause in Darkrai land mega fug edition.

I miss passing speed and attack to my Kyuurem Black
>>
>>28673601
How is needed to sacrifice something a counter?

Also speed tier is important. Gotta beat those Weaviles
>>
>>28673601
>And now everyone only runs Jolly Beak Talonflame
I don't understand why. 252 speed Adamant has 351 speed which is already a pretty fantastic spot to be and outspeeds most anything that you would need to use Flare Blitz rather than Brave Bird against. The only thing it loses is the ability to speed tie with other jolly birds in exchange for heavier damage to literally everything else.
>>
>>28673713
Because sacrificing sometime to kill your opponents mega isn't that big a price.
>>
>>28673624
True, since they banned Greninja I passed from top ladder to low ladder :(
Me and every other shitter who used Greninja.
>>
>>28673765
But is that a COUNTER?
>>
>>28673734
And no one with a brain sends bravest bird out against bravest bird.

You use a counter like Heatran or Ttar

Jolly is just dumb on it. I can get using beak because the recoil from brave+orb is high as fuck, but Jolyl is just dumb.
>>
>>28673796
Greninja has shit stats bar speed.

I don't get why PROTEAN SO OP

Yeah, it's almost impossible to get a SE hit in but it's really easy to 2HKO.
>>
>>28673808
It's also for max invested Weavile
>>
>>28673834
>I don't get why PROTEAN SO OP
No counters.
>>
>>28673876
Hit it hard.

Bam countered.

Even with STAB on everything and effectively no weakness, its stats are fucking meh.
>>
>>28673909
Tell me what's your definition of "counter" and name a few for Greninja.
>>
>>28673865
While that's true, Adamant bird also has a much higher chance of OHKOing Weavile than Jolly bird does.
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 243-286 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 265-313 (94.3 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
This also has the added bonus of fucking with people who assume it's Jolly and decide to go for the Knock Off instead of Ice Shard.
>>
>>28673940
Kyuurem Black used Outrage
>>
>>28673964
I think both are guaranteed 1HKOs with rocks out.
>>
>>28673909
STAB on everything for a pokemon with god speed and good attacks is a beast, since STAB + SE is a x3.
>>
>>28673981
You're avoiding my question.
>>
>>28673964
This is why I like competitve Pokemon, so many ways do one thing and every choice matters
>>
>>28673981
Greninja used hidden power dragon
>>
>>28674029
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 282-333 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

There are many things that can outright counter Greninja.
>>
>>28673981
>Greninja used low kick!
>>
File: 1469147905851.jpg (12KB, 344x259px) Image search: [Google]
1469147905851.jpg
12KB, 344x259px
>>28673414
>>
>>28674057
Kyuurem survives and one shots you.

Stealth Rocks broke your sash if you had one
>>
>>28673981
Low Kick does massive so its definitely not switching in

Ice Beam also does a reasonable chunk if its not a bulky variant.
>>
>>28674070
"counter" doesn't mean "kill it in one hit", it needs to be able to safely switch in and take any of its attacks.
>>
>>28674004
Both are, but pretty much everybody who runs Weavile has a hazard clearer and will try to get rid of your pebbles before sending it in.
>>
>>28674070
yes priority checks Greninja.

Too bad he asked for counters.
>>
>>28674070
>Being retarded
Not healthy for you anon, even ironically
>>
>>28674104
Hard counters haven't been a necessity in the meta since as early as gen 4.

Clinging to them and banning everything that cannot be "countered" is the old way of thinking. That was fine for gen 3, but the game isn't meant to be played like that anymore. You can choose to try and force it to be that way, like gen 6 Smogon, but anymore you're going to end up banning a fuckton of fun stuff that people enjoy using.

You can't balance 6vs6 singles. There aren't any canon places to draw your line in the sand. Recently, Smogon's metric has become "I don't rike it."

3vs3 can be balanced because you are adding an additional layer of strategy to the singles formula. It is an officially recognized format with rated online battles.

Smogon 6vs6 singles is like the Anything Goes of Pokemon metas, with the added flavor of oligarchy on top.
>>
>>28674282
Literally everything in OU has counters though.
>>
>>28674282
There is a difference between revenge killing and counters
>>
File: 1473634527435.png (64KB, 238x262px) Image search: [Google]
1473634527435.png
64KB, 238x262px
>>28674282
>>
>>28674146
key word is "try"

you're outlining perfect situations but those rarely happen
>>
>>28673808
>You use a counter like Heatran or Ttar
>Heatran
Actually Adamant bird 2HKOs specially defensive Heatran after an SD boost if you have rocks up, which is another reason I love it.
>>
>>28674312
Because they banned anything that couldn't be "traditionally" countered, like how you'd use gen 3 BlissSkarm.

Porygon2 is a hard stop to Greninja btw, but then the goalpost is moved to "it's too ''''''centralizing'''''," or "I shouldn't be forced to use Porygon2, Greninja is clearly broken," etc.

But we started asking for things with counters. Now the goalpost is moved.

In 3vs3, entry hazards are uncommon, so Focus Sash can be used fairly well. Suddenly, big scary Ubers like Blaziken, Aegislash, Greninja, Mega Mawile, or even Mewtwo (if you are playing with fags) are terrified of things like Diggersby, and cannot beat it outright.
>>
ITT: VGBC kids don't even know something as basic as the definition of "Counter" and want to cry that smogon banned their cancermon.
>>
>>28673574
>>28673629
What the fuck, they want to fuck over BP again?

Wasn't 3 times enough?
>>
>>28674693
Passing speed and a sub has apparently set them off this time.

REEE STOP 1SHOTTING MUH STALLMONS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>28674604
ITT: Smogonites who justify their fanfic meta by any means necessary.

Where's the 6vs6 singles Battle Spot option? Where is this meta located at VGC?

Face it: you've been outmoded, left behind, abandoned. 6vs6 is no more important than monotype, 1vs1, or any other fan meta that only survives through fan support. So get off your high horse and admit that your meta-game is a fan wank, or start playing by official rules.

But why do I waste my time? Most Smogonites probably don't even own a 3DS. Why would they care about what's official when they play a simulation of a game? But good fucking day, do they sure love to bitch and moan about what a shit job Game Freak is doing!
>>
>>28674827
Not that guy, but if you don't know what a counter is, you should probably stop posting.
>>
>>28674827
I mean showdown is more convenient with telling you things like how many turns weather will last, telling you rocks are up and etc; and you don't have to spend hours breeding perfect IV pokemon with egg moves you desire. I mean have fun getting the desired hidden power pokemon you want.
>>
>>28674827
>>
>>28673159
>There are people who unironically support smogon period

At least most casualfags are alltistic, can't say the same for smogonfags.
>>
>>28674895
Opponent has Greninja out.

I switch in Porygon2. It eats an Ice Beam or a Gunk Shot to the face, and traces Protean.

I can sit there and Recover, play mindgames with it by switching types, and whittle it down... even Paralyze or Poison it. It can never kill me unless it runs something really stupid like Toxic.

So my opponent either slogs it out and loses froggo, or they switch.

Same thing Chansey does to things like Zapdos, or how Tyranitar does not give a fuck about things like Mega Pidgeot.
>>
My favorite thing is when Smogonfags have no comebacks left and the thread just slowly dies, as they give up.

The truth hurts.
>>
>>28675892
My favorite thing is when you bump a thread just to try to bait.
>>
>>28673159
Weather wars PTSD. They were lax in that they never outright banned Drizzle, which created an overwhelmed meta that a lot of people hated. So when Gen VI came around, they swung the other way and banned vigorously for fear of allowing something to become that overwhelming again.

That's my theory, anyway.
>>
File: HNI_0061.jpg (114KB, 700x693px)
HNI_0061.jpg
114KB, 700x693px
>>28675953
Me too!
>>
>>28676848
They never banned anything big though, just a few pokemon (mostly megas) and swagger.
>>
>>28677054
The most recent Pokemon they banned were all extremely popular, though. I don't blame people for getting pissed.
>>
>>28677054
Baton pass clause and they're about to outright ban baton pass
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.