[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>is this pokemon a lemur It seems so, as its very similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 20160920_185249.jpg (50KB, 285x206px) Image search: [Google]
20160920_185249.jpg
50KB, 285x206px
>is this pokemon a lemur
It seems so, as its very similar to a Ruffed Lemur
>Does this disprove leaks
No, still 100% confirm. Whether you want to believe it or not, its still in escense a Rugby Monkey
>>
The name in Mandarin also has the word monkey in it.
Why are denial fags so pathetic?

>IT'S NOT A MONKEY!!!
>IT'S NOT RUGBY!!!
>IT'S A COINCIDENCE
>>
>>28672145
Not a denialfag but to be fair, the ball it's carrying is round and resembles handball more
>>
>>28672288
Its literally a cantaloupe.
>>
>>28672145
I fully believe the leak at this point, but to be fair, the leaker was mistaken. What was described in the leak and what we got are close enough, though, for everyone to go along with it.

While "simian" clearly suggests "monkey", you gotta realize that "Prosimian" is the name for the group that includes lemurs and lorises. In fact, lemurs (and the broader Prosimians) are considered primates anyway, but distinct enough to not be considered monkeys.

It's incredibly common for Pokemon to be based off multiple things, of course. However, going by Passimian's color, the color and shape of its tail, and the shape of its feet, it's definitely a lemur, and not a monkey.

EVEN SO, leak is still legitimate. The confusion is understandable and it was right on multiple earlier points.
>>
>>28672070
It's not a lemur though.
>>
>>28672288
The leakers are Chinese, they probably can't tell the difference between a rugby ball and a tennis one.
>>
>>28673119
GTFO idiot.
>>
>>28673462
>saru
>makake
>macaque

>hurr it's lemur cuz black and white colors xD
>>
>>28673505
>shape of tail and feet
It's a lemur, my dude.
>>
it's enough of a difference between ball lemur and football monkey to make me question whether wishiwashi's school looks like a dolphin to them.
>>
This is a new level of pedantry. "Rugby monkey" is too specific a concept to try to diffuse like this.
>>
>>28673569
Wow it has a primate tail and primate feet
Just like monkeys

Who coulda guessed
>>
>>28672070
I have not kept up with the leaks this round, but this is the same with every other generation we've had.

"Leakers" often get access to early information, and in many cases, things can be changed. Sometimes it's a slight tweak and other times they change the entire design. If there's a leak out there that said this was a "Rugby monkey" this honestly fits the bill. If they generally get the concept down, if it doesn't fit exactly it's likely either because of cultural/translation issues (leakers from other countries, like China) or because of a redesign or something.

The game is still being worked out, even right now, things are changing. People should keep that in mind when they read through leaks. There's always going to be more bullshit than no, but the only time we'll know exactly whats in the game is when the game itself drops and we can see for ourselves.
>>
>>28673627
Lemurs are primates too.

Why you be hating on lemurs, you racist fuck?
>>
>>28673598
It isn't a fucking lemur though, and rugby is a type of football and it's clearly based on a football player with the pose, the helmet, and number of teammates

Jesus christ
>>
>>28673119
HURR DURR I MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW THE LEAK TRANSLATION.
>>
>>28673000
It's Japanese name has monkey in it. And to most people who are not animal experts a lemur would look like a monkey.

Iirc the translators first said football, then rugby?
>>
>>28673677
It's a lemur, dude.
>>
>>28673569
It's a fucking Marmoset, it even has tufts of fur on the side of its head like a fucking marmoset. It has a ringed tail, like a fucking marmoset.

Learn your monkeys.
>>
>>28673718
Eeeh...
>>
>>28673677
it's a ruffed lemur. go look it up mr angry anon.
>>
>>28673654
But they arent monkeys.

I love how people are conveniently ignoring the fact that almost all of its international names explicitly reference monkeys and not lemurs
>>
>>28672070
it looks a lemur, but it is still a monkey, so leaks are still true
plus, if you havent seen a lemur before, it looks very similar to a monkey, so
>>
>>28673718
Doesn't even fucking look like the Pokemon, shitlord.
>>
>>28673740
>>28673718
Pretty sure its ambiguous
Spider monkeyxlemur
>>
File: 1425056902989.png (125KB, 370x349px) Image search: [Google]
1425056902989.png
125KB, 370x349px
Wait, are denialfags seriously saying "It's not a rugby monkey, it's a football lemur!" to try and disprove the leaks?
I didn't think they get could any lower then "actually it's a sea bunny" and "Ash's hat is different!"

Then again, this is the same board that denied Hawluicha because "his feathers are assymetrical!!!!"
>>
>>28673756
>Looks like a lemur.
It's a lemur Pokemon. Deal with it, my dude.
>>
>>28673813
Theyll do anything for their quadruped not-tiger
>>
It really doesn't fucking matter.
The only thing that matters is if someone could look at this Pokemon or read about it and go 'oh, a rugby monkey' and the answer to that is yes.

It's not like the chinese leaks were made by someone who fucking painstakingly designed every single individual pokemon. It's irrelevant. Guaranteed that the leaker is just some guy who just so happened to have access to information (but not necessarily all information, thus omissions to things people would think pertinent to reveal (alola forms, the primary function of z moves, etc))

It really, really doesn't matter, and the people who are autistically insisting that the pokemon is clearly a lemur and therefore it has nothing to do with the chinese leaks (agian, despite the fact it literally has fucking simian in its name) are fucking retards.
>>
>>28672070
will name mine Sabu
>>
>>28673813
>assuming I'm a denialfag.
No, I just don't like people being ignorant about animals. Zoology is my major.
>>
>>28673756
stop trying to be the next meme, it's not cool or funny
>>
>>28672288
Do the Chinese even play handball?
>>
>>28673119
Correct. It's a Pokemon that LOOKS like a lemur.
>>
File: 1469574422989.png (218KB, 321x376px) Image search: [Google]
1469574422989.png
218KB, 321x376px
Most people don't know that lemurs aren't monkeys. Fuck, I didn't know until all this bullshit on /vp/ today. Arguing over the specifics of lemur vs monkey is silly, the point is we have a fucking rugby-playing primate just like the leak said and that's way too specific to be a coincidence.
>>
>>28673878
>Zoology is my major.
Fucking kill yourself man, or get a real major.
>>
>>28673967
...now we just have to figure out what da fuck Bulbasaur is. :/
>>
>>28673990
A bulb dinosaur my man.
>>
>>28673985
Aw, you're so cute, desu. x3
>>
>>28673878
I can understand that. During the Hawlucha leak I sperged out not because people were denying it, but because I was fucking baffled not only at how /vp/ couldn't comprehend basic fucking perspective, they thought "asymmetrical feathers" was a valid argument against a Pokemon's legitimacy.
>>
>>28672070
Honestly people can't say this disproves the leak at all, the concept of "rugby monkey" is still there even if it is actually a lemur. Plus the idea of it being an "American football lemur", isn't wrong either since rugby is a form of football and it could be understood where the confusion comes from.
>>
>>28673967
This.

Denialfags got BTFO and they're just shitting about it at this point. It's an obviously ball-playing primate. Chinese Leaks were as specific as they could be with that knowledge. I'm also a zoology major, and when I saw it, I said "There it is, the rugby monkey," not "Wow, that's not a monkey at all, it's a lemur with a melon. Leaks BTFO". It's way too specific to just be guessed.
>>
>>28672070
I'm naming mine Zoboomafoo (RIP)
>>
>implying lemurs are monkeys
>>
>>28674316

>implying that it really makes that much of a difference.
>>
why not both

why not acknowledge that the creature is painfully obviously based off of a lemur, but is just as obviously the "rugby monkey" from the leak? it can be both things, and it is.
>>
>>28674316
Good thing this thing isn't a lemur so lemurs aren't relevant to the discussion.

>>28674772
>why not acknowledge that the creature is painfully obviously based off of a lemur

It's not though.

Maybe if it actually had a trademark lemur striped tail I would agree with you.
>>
>>28674772
Thats what OP said...
>>
>>28674812
IT DOES HAVE A STRIPED TAIL, YOU BOOB!
>>
>>28672070

I like that Pokémon.
>>
File: 1458155835455.jpg (16KB, 297x207px) Image search: [Google]
1458155835455.jpg
16KB, 297x207px
>>28674812
>Maybe if it actually had a trademark lemur striped tail I would agree with you.
it has a stripe on its tail. Beyond that, though, it has the general appearance and body shaping of that of a lemur.
>>
>>28675947
There's no use arguing with the monkey retard, anon. He won't listen to reason.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.