[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Starts off as an asshole >Becomes a friendly asshole later

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: FireRed_LeafGreen_Blue.png (658KB, 927x1548px) Image search: [Google]
FireRed_LeafGreen_Blue.png
658KB, 927x1548px
>Starts off as an asshole
>Becomes a friendly asshole later on
>Goes back at being an asshole after becoming champion, wanting to humiliate you at all costs

Why?
>>
>>28669615
Bad storytelling.
>>
>>28669615
>gary (yeah i called him gary suck it)
>friendly

He's your rival. He mocks and taunts you, but he's never hostile or hates you. And of course he's pissed when he just beats the league and his grandpa lets the little shit of the neighboor challenge him straight away
>>
File: 150px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png (48KB, 150x393px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
48KB, 150x393px
>>28669673
You mean this guy, right?
>>
Blue is the only "antagonist rival" done right

Silver and Hugh are edgy little fucks and the rest are just retarded friends battling you eventually
>>
>>28669802
nah, Silver have a cool conection with team Rocket, he have reasons to be like that
Hugh is just MUH SISTA PURRLOIN
>>
>>28669934
Silver has a (retconned) reason to be edgy, but his edgy attitute is still annoying
>>
File: image.png (388KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388KB, 595x842px
>>28669934
He's got serious daddy issues, so there's that as well.

h-he's also gorgeous
>>
>>28669802
Wally and Barry have good development of their own.
>>
>>28669952
the most annoying rival is easily Barry
that kid addicted to caffeine
never wanted do punch a character in the pokemon universe before
but the worst rivals are the gen VI ones
>>
>>28670131
t. someone who never read the dialogue
>>
>>28669615
U wot? He was an asshole from start to finish, and getting progressively more arrogant at that.
>>
>>28670174
it's just an expression, kiddo
You can understand
>>
Blue/Green is based as fuck. Even his team is top tier.

The only rival who comes close is Barry.

I wouldn't say any rivals are downright shitty though, aside from those annoying fuckers in Kalos of couse
>>
>gary
>friendly
>the first thing he says when he see you in a graveyard is "hey you pokemon are not dead well i can make them pass out at least!"
>>
>>28670267
>Even his team is top tier.
(You)
>>
>>28669615
Bad translations and nostalgia, that's why

He's much less of a jackass in the games than people think
>>
>>28670502
Not in the competitive sense, faggot. In the Karenfag sense.
>>
>>28669673
This pretty much, sucks like the rest of gen 1
>>
>>28670652
(You)
>>
Does he just hate Red? Or did he mature? He seemed nicer in HGSS/BW2, although still a little arrogant.
>>
I really hope they completely overhaul his character in the inevitable re-remakes. I know he's a dick and all, but the way they make him completely neutral to Team Rocket was stupid.

He was much better in Origins. Just have him help you at the Pokemon Tower and Silph Co in a "I don't like you but we need to stop these guys" way instead of ignoring both situations because "im such a dick that I don't care about the evil mob stirring up shit wherever I go".

All he really needs to be is Barry but less friendly
>>
>>28669615
>start off cocky asshole
>get humility beaten into you by your neighborhood pal
>become Pokemon champion and have that cocky arrogance revived by your new status

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>28670818
Ok faggot :^)
>>
>>28670924
>animefag
>barryfag

Opinion discared

He has no reason to care about what Team Rocket is doing, hell even the player character doesn't, the only reason you mess with them is to get the damn pokeflute
>>
>>28670849
He doesn't hate Red. The manual for the first games says that he used to be nice but got mean around the start of the games. It's probably just his competitive nature shining through, coupled with an inferiority complex, probably because he can already see Red's potential.

Also he's probably suppressing the urge to fuck his hot sister.
>>
Gary doesn't become a friendly asshole until Johto

His entire character arc is repeatedly getting his ass kicked by you but not caring and still acting superior until you kick his ass out of the Pokemon league a few minutes after he got there, then throwing a temper tantrum then being told that you should probably actually care for your pokemon
>>
File: vlcsnap-00092.png (564KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00092.png
564KB, 640x480px
>>28671087
>but not caring and still acting superior

But he is superior in every sense.
>>
File: blue.png (89KB, 1311x273px) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
89KB, 1311x273px
Blue was actually a pretty chill dude.
>>
>>28669802
Silver is just an edgy kid, but he was made before being edgy was even a thing. He's somewhat ok, and turns "loveable" later.

Hugh is cool because Hugh is cool, but "my sister's purrloin" is not a great backstory, i always tought that shit as "they raped my sister".

Wally is a great rival. Serena/Calem are shit.
>>
Dunno, i find Blue is the only believable rival. He's not some sort of lapdog always licking your shoes like the friendly rivals, nor he is an edgemaster fighting against the darkness of the world like the "bad" rivals, he's just... a kid. Who wants to be the best too. So he fights you repeatedly and loses, but instead of becoming an edgy fag or licking your balls and praising you he sucks it up, keeps his persona and improves.

He's... real. It's not a strong character in any sense, but it's a believable one. He's a dude from your city that wants to do and be the same thing as you, and it shows and you don't get distracted by crazy or stupid shit while he's doing it. And in Pokemon that's pretty rare.
>>
>>28671028
>Implying that Barry isn't a good rival
>>
>>28671176
I feel so bad for him and Calem/Serena as rivals. They genuinely really cared about being good, they had high family expectations, and both trained really hard. Yet the player was just naturally better at everything.
>>
>>28671176
Green*
>>
>>28671341
>Yet the player was just naturally better at everything.
Gary starts the journey at the same time as you and beats all the gyms before you even reach them

He was better. He's only really bad against you in direct confrontations.
>>
>>28671341
>Yet the player was just naturally better at everything.

Blue was better at having a life seeing as instead of becoming a broken motherfucker and hiding in a cave he just went to Viridian and became a gym leader.
>>
>>28669802
>I'm gonna shitpost about games I never played

Hugh is the complete opposite of an "antagonist rival", retard.
>>
>>28670652
Any team is top tier by Karenfag standards you fucking autist.
>>
>>28671428
And yet he's still lamenting over it 2 years later, and Red doesn't seem to mind.
>>28671381
Red just took his time because he was defeating evil teams. Blue was in a rush to finish early because he desperately wanted to prove himself.
>>
File: wigglydeath.png (26KB, 1637x773px) Image search: [Google]
wigglydeath.png
26KB, 1637x773px
>>28671361
Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>28671536
>Red doesn't seem to mind
red can't even speak english anymore, he's a broken autist
>>
>>28671485
Nope
>>
>>28671381
Blue literally loses to you AT LEAST 5 times before becoming champion, 7 times to the vast majority of players.

He fucking sucks, he's just rushing through through the region getting his badges and filling up the Pokedex while Red thwarts an entire criminal organization, captures legendaries and other side shit yet still finds time to always kick Blues ass whenever he tries to antagonize him
>>
>>28671341
They're pathetic, but they suffer from being in a game where the creators want to pander hard kids who can't accept defeat. Everyone always praise how you're special and cool, "rivals" are your friends, lick your shoes, one is dedicated to complete the pokédex and ALWAYS lose, even if you don't even capture one single mon.
>>
>>28670502

I can only assume he means the remake team.
>>
>>28671661
Some of them I feel like still have positive stories, though. Wally's is the best, going from being so insecure to being very confident and capable. I could see him eventually getting better than Brendan/May, or even if not, I don't think he cares. Barry and Hugh are able to be happy for his friend being so good, and view it as motivation. Silver learns to be kind and humble by the end and can brush off a loss. The others just never seemed to take losses to heart to begin with.
>>
>>28671930
Most of the rivals end up pretty well

>Blue matures and gets a comfy gym leader position, which he hardly even shows up for and gets a champion spot in the PWT
>Silver stops being a fucking faggot and becomes a good trainer
>May gets shipped with you hard
>Barry maintains a friendly rivalry with you and becomes one the highest leveled NPCs in the series while continuing to train
>Bianca and Cheren basically start pursuing their own careers in BW2
>Hugh accomplishes what he set off to do
>The entire XY crew were fucking failures but at least they got to tag along with the protag and get an undeserved medal ceremony
>Wally overcomes being a sickly fuckboy to literally become the single most dangerous and advanced non-facility trainer in the entire main series
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.