/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So many people are making such a huge deal out of these version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: lycanroc.png (228KB, 686x502px) Image search: [Google]
lycanroc.png
228KB, 686x502px
So many people are making such a huge deal out of these version exclusive Pokémon and treating their version choice like it's the biggest decision they'll ever make because of them, and I just don't get it

We've been in an age where you can trade with people on the other side of the planet in seconds for awhile now, you don't have to use your link cable with the kid down the street you don't really like to get Pokémon from the other version anymore, so aren't version exclusive Pokémon an outdated worry? Unique items and box legendaries and other things that people might not want to part with are harder to come by, so I can understand those, but average Pokémon that you can easily catch in the wild? Who cares?

I've decided I'll be getting Moon since the names were revealed, and even though I like Passimian and Lycanroc's Midday Form more, I can just trade for them literally any time I want to with any of the other people playing the game at any given time, so what's the big deal? Is there something I'm missing?
>>
Something something competitive something something fuck injection.
>>
Good luck with that when the servers get shut down for 3DS.
>>
>>28662505
yeah, I was gonna get Moon but now that I have seen the new trailer I'm seriously considering Sun just because of Passimian and midday Lyranroc... but you're probably right it shouldn't change anything, with the trading and all...
>>
>>28662609
dude what

that's like...5 years away if it even happens at all, we'll all be on the next game by then, how is that relevant
>>
No other pokemon has been restricted so far as actual being unobtainable in one game in a pair. Yes there are version exclusives but they can be traded (items can be traded for) and bred. With this it requires either having to use a pokemon that doesn't originate from your game (the shit option) or having to breed and train rockruff in your own game, trade it to someone else who then has to exit trading to level it up or use a rare candy to evolve it and THEN trade back (note: this isn't necessary with any other trade evos which can be traded straight back) this is needlessly convoluted and shitty.

Not to mention how fucking poorly it will translate into further games probably requiring retconning just like Feebas. This begs the question of why fucking bother with this shitty unsustainable gimmick in the first place?
>>
>>28662857
>No other pokemon has been restricted so far as actual being unobtainable in one game in a pair
Deoxys
>>
>>28662505
I'm confused as fuck on how it's going to work if you trade the rockruff. Will the game know you have a Sun Rockruff on Moon and let it evolve into it's Midday Forme or will the game ignore that and have it evolve into Midnight Forme.

>>28662857
They could keep them as version exclusives or they could make them day/night evolutions like they should have been.
>>
>>28662896
The fuck?
>>
>>28663367
it won't matter where rockruff came from
>>
how are they going to deal with this in future gens?
>>
>>28662609
What is local trading.
>>
>>28663422
You don't know? Normal, Attack, defense, and speed forms were exclusive to RS, FR, LG, EM respectively.

Something like....
>>
>>28663367
They could also have made them types that make sense. But then again is GameFreak we're talking about.
>>
Eh I'm more disappointed in the pure Rock typing for both forms than I am the version exclusivity, if I do end up using one on my main team I'll just trade for the form I'd prefer, but with so many other promising Pokes showing up in Alola the space on my team roster is starting to fill up.
>>
why is he a rock type? it's just a brown dog.
>>
>>28665514
the bigger question is why is the edgiest pokémon of all time not dark or even ghost type
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.