[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Baton Pass Clause: >Limit one Baton Passer, can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

>Baton Pass Clause:
>Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Spe and other stats simultaneously

Maybe NU with Stored Power, but that's it ...
>>
File: (you).jpg (6KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
6KB, 256x144px
>>28660273
>caring about internet fanfiction simulator in 2016
>>
Nobody cares smogon fag
>>
>>28660273
No bullshit nerf clauses in VGC
>>
>>28660273
Should have been +3 to all stats like Tail Glow/Cotton Guard instead of +2 to all stats.
>>
>Eevee uses its Z move
>Oranguru uses Instruct
I want this really badly.
>>
>smogon hating new gen because they can't do their usual garchomp teams in them
nobody's surprised
>>
>>28660635
If Oranguru can trigger Z-Moves twice he's going straight to ubers regardless of M-Kanga
>>
>>28660273
That only applies to smogon.
The actual game has no such clause.

Eevee can be an absolute monster. Obviously, you aren't going to use the fucker on turn 1 but after already passing it some speed or defense or evasion to get the Evoboost up, you're looking at a rediculously powerful Stored Power Espeon in much fewer turns.
>>
>>28660712
I doubt he will but it'd be fun as hell to sweep with +4 everything Eevee.
>>
>>28660635
>inb4 you can't instruct Z-Moves
>>
>>28660273
Why'd they do that to baton pass? It's not like Ninjask and co. really made a difference.
>>
>>28660273
And another place wherein nobody actually knows how smogon works.

Show me where Swift Swim Clause is in Gen 6. Clauses get reset every single gen. Most uber Pokemon are unbanned except 680+ stat ones, and half of them fall down to UU or RU because idiots don't know you're allowed to use them until they become problems and swiftly banned again.

For the sake of things this also means infinite battle clause will be reset until it's confirmed it works again if GF didn't nerf Struggle or something.
>>
>>28660712
We know that Z-move replace a move for one turn so if you use instruct the pokemon will probably use the replaced move.
>>
>>28660573
This, only real meta that matters since you can actually benefit from playing that aka winning some good money/trips etc.

And singles ladder 3on3 for fun singles games and no 6v6 stall hell bullshit.

If smogon wants to be a real thing then they should at least have some proper competition with proper prize money.
>>
>>28660712
He's not. The only way I can even see that happening if that is a z-move itself.
>>
>>28660712
only 1 z-move allowed per game, I doubt that changes even with Oranguru's attack.
>>
>>28660273
>Smogon gets asspained about "overpowered" strategy
>Bans strategy
>Pokemon that were properly checked before now run rampant since there's nothing to stop them now.
>Smogon gets asspained about new "overpowered" strategy
>Rinse repeat

Smogon is what happens when a bunch of obsessive ladder players who hate RNG try to balance a game and end up mutilating it beyond recognition.
>>
>>28660273
Kill yourself smogon trash
>>
>>28660843
Ditto can give you two megas by copying an opponent's mega.
>>
>>28660824
(You)
>>
>>28660273
OP, you just triggered the VGCfags and their shitty meta
>>
File: ZqjqbxH.png (364KB, 652x2023px) Image search: [Google]
ZqjqbxH.png
364KB, 652x2023px
>>28660573
Yeah, I'm so glad that VGC is 100% free and devoid of any kind of bullshit.
>>
>>28661084
That was just one year, year before that in X/Y meta shit was really good, this year again, not as good, but next year will likely be similar to X/Y meta so its gonna be all good again.
>>
>>28661121
The year before XY was literally only good because there were clauses on which Pokemon were available to use, so new options came in to attempt to take their places and freshen up the meta.

Just like the entire fucking point of smogon clauses. Otherwise you literally get "solved metagame" of VGC2015 and the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza/Xerneasfest that is VGC2016.

The fact that VGCfags keep putting down smogon for bans and clauses when they are living proof of how shitty a stagnant game gets is fucking atrocious.
>>
File: 1427654083595.png (206KB, 648x628px) Image search: [Google]
1427654083595.png
206KB, 648x628px
>Azelf lead, dual screens + boom
>Whimsicott, (Taunt +) Memento
>Extreme Evoboost Eevee
>Baton Pass to Espeon
>Can't be phazed because of Magic Bounce
>Outspeeds everything, takes a hit from everything
>330BP Stored Power (STAB included) coming from +2 Special Attack
>Dazzling Gleam for Dark-types
>>
>>28661193
This
I can't stress enough how important bans are in Pokemon or in other metas in general. And most of the VGCfags don't understand anything about the Smogon bans, why they are there, and complain the banning system is "too random", while also ignoring the random bans in VGC. Like why is there an item clause, a pentagon clause, or why is phione banned, but not Landorus or Kang Mega? It sounds more like VGC players can't handle change than Smogoners can.
>>
>>28661312
>eject button
>>
>>28660273
>fanmade biased fanfic metagames
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>28661312
>people are still saying this is a meme and won't be relevant

people just don't seem to understand that a +3 modest espeon can OHKO everything in the game and at +2 in both defenses Espeon won't get OHKOed by the one or two pokemon that it might need to get a range for 2HKO on.

literally the only thing Espeon has to worry about is sucker punchers. And at +2 defenses it will probably take two of them to bring it down.
>>
>>28661493
>eject button
What? Did not know such an item existed
(Smogon, 2016)
>>
>>28661576
>people are still saying this is a meme and won't be relevant
Nobody's said that ever since baton pass beat the Gen 6 meta.
>>
>>28661662
I think he has confused it with Red Card.
>>
>>28661576
The only thing in Singles that always put pressure on Baton Pass chains, beside Haze mons and Prankster bullies and occasional choiced mons, is Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhan, something that is quite hard to obtain ingame but ingame ladders luckily are never 6v6 singles with meme lack of Item Clause so Baton Pass there is easier to be dealt with, you'd only find it annoying against clause free wifi battles with friends that can be done 6v6 Singles format.
>>
>>28660824
This
>>
>>28661450
Phione is banned because it's only obtainable by breeding an event pokemon, so a player can't obtain it without trading if he didn't get an event.

There is an item clause for the same reason there is a species clause, because it encourages item diversity. There's no objective reason for a species clause yet both smogon and all Nintendo formats since late in gen 1 have had one.
>>
>>28662006
>There's no objective reason for a species clause
There is literally no way to lose if you can run 5 of the best Pokemon in the game and 1 Pokemon to counter anything that Pokemon can't.

Just look at AG, generally the 5 Klefki 1 Wildcard format. Generally that wildcard is M-Rayquaza.
>>
>>28662006
>Phione is banned because it's only obtainable by breeding an event pokemon, so a player can't obtain it without trading if he didn't get an event.
Yes and that is 100% arbitrary and random. As much as it would be arbitrary to ban, say, Lilligant if the game you enter with is Black 2. Phione is infintely breedable for anyone who didn't get the event.
>>
>>28660805
Swords Dance Scolipede. Also Espeon teams.
>>
>>28662006
Item clause reduces diversity if anything. Some pokemon are straight up not viable because the item it needs to be usable is far better on another pokemon. So instead of being able to use both of these pokemon, you can only use one of them.
>>
>>28662112
>swords dance scolipede
nobody did this at all, scolipede was important for iron defense
>>
File: 1467324580601.png (751KB, 1046x716px)
1467324580601.png
751KB, 1046x716px
>smogon
>>
File: 1468760701731.png (119KB, 319x267px) Image search: [Google]
1468760701731.png
119KB, 319x267px
>>28660805
Some guy got 1 on the ladder with a full baton pass chain team and shared the team, it dominated OU. Then they limited it to 3 users, same thing happened. Shortly after, it was limited to 1 user and he STILL got it to work although less reliably, and after a few months it got banned.

Basically smogonfags got mad and argued it took no skill etc, you know how it works.

The original team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/glorious-pass.3506272/

The nerfed ones: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-skill.3514679/
>>
>>28662415
>Took no skill
Maybe their userbase should learn how to fucking not let people greed?????
>>
>>28662225
>Item clause reduces diversity if anything
Are you retarded? I've seen posts on team rating threads where a team literally has three or even four Pokemon with Life Orb because it pretty much outclasses all other offensive items if the Pokemon doesn't need Scarf for added speed. Do you think that's diversity? The whole point is that you can't just slap the best item in the game on your entire team but rather you have to use your brain when building a team and figure out how to get the optimal result with different items. Personally I have NEVER had any problems with item clause so you're probably that guy who wants to use Life Orb or Leftovers on at least three Pokemon.

The only thing even close to a problem is when I run my mono Steel team with Ferrothorn and Heatran and can't make both of them hold a Leftovers. In this case I usually either give Air Balloon to Hetran or Rocky Helmet to Ferrothorn. Problem solved.
>>
>>28662415
This is the one Smogon clause that pisses me off because of how they pussyfooted around the issue and only went halfway. They were too scared to come out and say baton pass was broken. They didn't do this halfsies shit with moody or swagger. But they still went with a "can't baton pass unless it's thursday" clause.

Should have just banned the move and be done with it.
>>
>>28662415
>argued it took no skill
The fucking creator of that meme team that went to top spot was for the ban on pass.

Fuck off, here's your (you).
>>
File: yA2xcMf.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
yA2xcMf.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>28660273
>playing with smogon rules

Hahahahaha
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.