[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks evoboost will be a meme After an evoboost, Eevee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 3

File: FUCK OFF.jpg (47KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF.jpg
47KB, 750x734px
>he thinks evoboost will be a meme

After an evoboost, Eevee will jump up to the equivalent of 55/100/130 defenses if it has zero investment in def/sdef which is a similar level of bulk to Dusknoir. Since boosts include IV/EV investment, if you invest in defenses it will be even higher. If evoboost has priority, which it might given that I don't think we've ever seen a Z-Move go second, this boost will come out without Eevee having a vulnerable turn. If not, Eevee will have one vulnerable turn and may need some support to pull this off.

After an evoboost a 0IV/0 EV investment Eevee would have an effective BST of 55/110/100/90/130/110 which totals to almost 600, and again the effective boost will bring it significantly higher, probably into Slaking territory.

Eevee has a seemingly limited movepool, but it has a few important things

1. Stored power. Evoboost gives +10 statups, so after Evoboost Stored Power is a 200+ base damage special attack.

2. Adaptability. Max attack investment Returns are going to fucking hurt. Also Eevee has curse and wish which could lead to a hilarious shenanigans set with Evoboost/Wish/Curse/Last Resort

3. Most importantly, both Wish and Baton Pass. So if you can get an evoboost off, if you're speed invested you'll be moving really fast and be able to pass +10 in boosts to a non-shitmon.

EVEN IF he has to endure a turn, the potential for a +10 boost pass makes Eevee viable, moreso in doubles than in singles since you can use follow me to protect it in doubles.
>>
File: 1431206126542.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431206126542.gif
835KB, 500x375px
Skarmory used Whirlwind!
>>
>>28660153
Koffing used Clear smog
All stat changes reverted to normal
>>
>>28660216
/thread
>>
>baton pass

holy fuck I forgot about this
>>
>>28660153
You are literally speaking gibberish.
>>
>>28660216
Yes because that stops Scolipede from being so good that Smogon is trying to ban it.

If you're playing singles catch their skarmory out with a Magnezone before initiating the pass. If doubles, literally who the fuck has room for phasing moves on their team in doubles?
>>
>>28660153
Eevee is slow as fuck and can't carry a sash, you can just punch it on the dick before it even moves.
>>
>>28660288
Scolipede can protect while gaining speed and can carry a sash so it can SD while stil gaining speed.
Meanwhile Eevee can literally only use that move and nothing else otherwise it fucking dies.
>>
>>28660467
We've never seen a Z-Move go second yet, it's possible that like megas, they get some form of super-priority given that they are once in a battle moves.

Even if this is not the case, you can still use it in doubles and protect it with a follow me abuser.
>>
>>28660518
Eevee would still have to survive 2 hits. I'm not seeing that happen.
>>
>>28660153
Z-moves are effectively a 5th move slot, so you'd have to wait 4 moves before using Last Resort. You could throw in protect or sub on your set, but its gonna take a few turns before you can even do damage giving time for your opponent to respond
>>
The actual best move is to use it as a wall with Eviolite.
>>
>Focus punch
Ayy
Eeveefags lmao
>>
>>28660266
Maybe he counted on the reader having English as a first language!
>>
I didn't remember Eeeve had baton pass until now.

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>28660216
>Jolly Eevee used Evoboost!
>Opponent switched to Skarmory!
>Eevee used Baton Pass!
>Go, Espeon!
>Skarmory used Whirlwind! Skarmory was switched out!
>Espeon used Stored Power!

>200 base power not including STAB
>>
>>28660266

I hope this is bait.
>>
>>28660672
I'm talking about the competitive nonsense. Like who seriously gives a fuck about any of that.

if anything I'm glad for Z-moves it'll finally destroy anything remotely competitive and maybe we can finally go back to actually liking pokemon for being an RPG series, not some online sport simulator that attracts all the weirdos. and FORCES its own made up rules on everyone just because they can.
>>
>>28660653
Eevee needs to hold an item in order to use its Z-Move. It can't hold eviolite as well.
>>
>>28660591
Why two? If it's doubles a follow me user should absorb one or both attacks guaranteed if sashed. If singles, with speed investment (for a passing set, if you assume priority, all investment would probably go to speed and HP) your effective speed will be similar to an unboosted Jolteon so you can reasonably expect to baton pass out to something stronger before dealing with a second hit against 95% of the meta.

I mean you can list disadvantages all day, but at the end of the day there is no other pokemon that can go to +10 in one turn. Closest effective passer is Scolipede which should be forced to pass after +4 assuming 2 protects and a sash assisted swords dance.
>>
I'd just like to let all of you know that I will use z-moves online in every battle and I will always let the whole animation play
>>
>>28660709
>the full eeveelution team is actually going to be viable now

t...thanks gamefreak
>>
>>28660653
But it needs to be holding a Z Crystal to use a Z Move, unless this move works differently from the others. It can't use other items.
>>
>>28660758
t. shitter
>>
>tfw passing speed is illegal
>>
>>28661017
Says who?
>>
>>28661043
Smogon, the only reason to actually bother baton passing to begin with.
>>
>252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eevee: 261-308 (83.1 - 98%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eevee: 186-219 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eevee: 276-325 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
>252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eevee: 208-246 (66.2 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
It can't even avoid being oneshotted by strong neutral, let alone supereffective hits without maximum bulk investment, and without speed investment it won't be able to pass the boosts to another Pokemon afterwards. Maybe in Smogon RU and below where mons don't have such absurd damage output, but they don't let you pass Speed + other stats anyway, so you'll be stuck with NFE shitmon that still needs a free turn to get those boosts and maybe sweep. TL;DR completely unviable in every environment
>>
Isn't +2 essentially doubling their stats?
How is that far? To double all your pokemon stats and be able to batton pass? Eevee is broken
>>
>>28660709
>switch out to a dark type
>now you lost your boost since Z-moves are one use only
>>
>>28661149
>what is dazzling gleam and any item that increases power further i.e. life orb
>>
>>28661149
>espeon used signal beam
Nigger do you understand that a +3 modest espeon can OHKO practically anything?
>>
>people suddenly forgetting that this is a new generation, and movepools will be changed

get ready for eevee to not be able to learn baton pass anymore
>>
>>28661212
TRANSFER
R
A
N
S
F
E
R
>>
>>28661073
This assumes Z-Moves function under normal priority rules which we don't know yet. Every Z-Move we've seen has gone first. Even if this is the case, in doubles you can more effectively protect Eevee and also don't need to worry about rocks so you can't exactly say it's completely unviable in every environment.

>>28661149
Espeon actually carries coverage moves though including Dazzling Gleam which at +2 will BTFO almost any dark type.
>>
>>28661239
let me guess, you also think GF is going to let people transfer no-guard fissure machamp?
>>
>>28661126
As proven by some calcs in this thread and others, it's not even that bulky and powerful after a boost, and has problems setting up beforehand due to its horrendous speed, so don't hype it too much.
>>
>>28661212
Pokemon haven't lost egg moves since the Gen 2 -> Gen 3 transition, sans a few retarded cases were TMs were egg moves for some Gen 3 & 4 Pokemon. The chance of Eevee losing Baton Pass is super low.
>>
>>28661212
Unless they're deleting movesets on transfer which would butthurt the fans who already had to wait 2 months to transfer there is no reason to believe that Eevee will lose access to baton pass.
>>
>>28660153
Evoboost isn't worth it on the sole basis that activating the attack takes more than 40 seconds.
>>
>>28661330
But that's why it's worth it.

I'll use it online to piss people off
>>
>>28661278
Are you honestly going to tell me they won't transfer from gen 6 to 7? You're retarded.
>>
>>28661278
That's a different matter because that's a transfer up from gen 1 games, idk how that will be handled but one of two things will happen

1. TM moves will be deleted upon uploading to bank
2. No Guard will be changed to not effect OHKO moves

>>28661286
I agree that it shouldn't be hyped as some meta destroyer, but it will be useful in some situations and will probably see use at least in VGC 2017 qualifiers even if it's not a tip top tier strat.
>>
>>28661419
can you use funbro in the official VGC?
>>
>>28661550
Does funbro even work in doubles?
>>
>Evoboost
>Eevee used Protect!
>Eevee used Last Resort!
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 960x960px
>>28660153
>Smogon will ban Eevee in Gen 7
Post your reactions when
>>
>>28660288
scolipede can boost while protecting
>>
>>28662309
In Little Cup, maybe, at which point absolutely nobody will be surprised
>>
>>28661073
Why the fuck would you try to set up eevee on a hard hitting mon? Are you retarded?

You're like some moron who gives calcs for Latios hitting Charizard X and stating "it can't possibly setup xD"
>>
>>28661908
Funbro works by trapping a defensive mon that can't do a lot of damage to him in with Block

Wouldn't work in doubles
>>
>>28662309
Why? This strategy is gimmicky at best and you're pretty much sacking an entire team slot just to possibly make it work
>>
>>28662496
>not knowing the /vp/ always posts calcs depicting the best possible situation for their side to prove themselves right meme
>>
>>28662511
Because set-up sweepers are gimmicky? Because the banned baton pass was gimmicky?

Don't kid yourself. Something only becomes gimmicky if it works in few situations. The fact is, eevee boosting like this works very similar to how set-up does and baton pass did.

Unlike, say, Smearglh, eevee:
Doesn't keep its bad bulk after a turn
Doesn't have to sacrifice an item to boost up
Can't just be priority screwed
Gets far more boosts
Has a decent enough ability and speed tier that it is threatening in and of itself
Also get RECOVERY
>>
>>28662309
You can't baton pass speed anyway.
>>
>>28662309
It's definitely going to LC ubers. Eevee+Espeon passing might be retarded enough to see a ban if Z Moves get priority, if not you'll need a memento abuser to set up the pass.

I mean here's the thing. +2 sp atk Espeon with a +10 boost stored power has no real counter. It will OHKO the entire meta except maybe Bisharp. Sucker Punchers are its only weakness but again with +2 defense you will not OHKO it with an unboosted sucker punch, especially if it gets 2-3 turns of reflect from a lead azelf or some shit that was setting up for the pass (assuming it uses rocks, then reflect before dying).

You'll be forced to whittle Espeon with several priority moves before it will go down meanwhile it will be dropping atom bombs into your team. The only way to effectively phase it is with a focus sashed dragon tail/circle throw but that's out the window if rocks are up.

Now of course with prediction you can make this combo harder to pull off, and team preview does make it hard to drop a surprise on someone with it. But you can't just discount this strat offhand.
>>
>>28660153
roar. Z move gone can't use it again or mega. It's a meme buddy.
>>
>>28661017
t. Smogonfag
>>
>>28660758
Don't worry, Compfags will find a way to integrate Z moves into viable strategies just like Mega evolutions.
>>
>crits
This is why you don't compare boosted bulk with base bulk
Not to mention the millions of ways to deal with boosts
>>
236 Atk Life Orb Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ Def Eevee: 23-31 (92 - 124%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
>banned from LC
kek
>>
>>28664541
Why would you bother with all this shit if not for smogon?
>>
>>28665685
>setting up against something that can OHKO you

>+2 236 Atk Adaptability Eevee Return vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mienfoo: 36-44 (171.4 - 209.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Anything that can outspeed it at +2?
>>
>Eevee with Evoboost
>With Baton Pass
wew, shame that you need a Z stone, otherwise eviolite Eevee with Evoboost would be too much. Can it even be allowed at LC at this point?

>>28661149
Dazzling Gleam :^)
>>
>>28660153
>UB-06 used Roar!
>>
>>28662634
>Because set-up sweepers are gimmicky?
Set up sweepers don't have to rely on a fucking one off move and they generally have enough bulk and power to do something even without set up.

>Because the banned baton pass was gimmicky?
It was actually reliable because od Scolipede's new Speed Boost access and it can PASSIVELY raise its speed instead of using a shitty once per battle move that takes up a turn and an item slot.

Eevee is going to be shit outside of LC.
>>
>>28665685
Mienfoo won't outspeed without a scarf and can't OHKO without LO. So basically you can only deal with Eevee if it literally switches in to your Mienfoo. Not at all a counter
>>
>>28666138
>set up sweepers don't have to rely on a one-off move
What is Xerneas
>>
>>28662964
Let me introduce you to it's dad magic bounce espeon.
>>
>>28660903
>full eeveelution
Eevee isn't an eeveelution and filling your other four slots with eeveelutions would be retarded
>>
>>28660233
Nobody uses that.
>>
>>28661060
Battle Spot singles
>>
>>28666510
>battle spot singles
>actually needing more than a single OU/Ubers mon to sweep 98% of people
It's a children's game.
>>
>>28666536
The game is also full of autistic japs with top tier mons, slapping them is simply the best.
>>
>>28665976
Battle Spot
>>
>>28660216
delet this
>>
>>28666958
>>28666536
>>
>>28660153
>Manaphy used heart swap!

THE HORROR.
Still, I hope it is priority, this shows great potential.
>>
>>28662309
>I don't understand smogon: the post
>>
>>28665479
Bait
>>
>>28660153
>SHITTER sent out Eevee
>shitty wall get back! Go Sableye!
>Eevee used tauntbait!
>Sableye used Taunt!
>Eevee cant use Baton Pass after the taunt!
at which point your two options are bite and shadow ball
literally worse than geopass smeargle
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.