[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we design Z moves so they are an interesting mechanic rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: sparksurfer.png (448KB, 849x476px) Image search: [Google]
sparksurfer.png
448KB, 849x476px
ITT we design Z moves so they are an interesting mechanic rather than a shitty boring gamefreak gimmick. As in, don't just make them do a bunch of damage. Since they are limited to once per battle, you can really push the limits.

I'll start

Spark Surfer - Alolan Raichu exclusive
>120 power
>100 accuracy
>special
>If the user is faster than the target, paralyze the target.
>if the user is slower or equal in speed, increase the user's speed stat one stage.
>>
i dont feel like i can ever participate in these threads because then i get attached to random things and they end up not happening, and furthermore never being as cool as shit we can imagine.
>>
>Pulverizing Pancake
>Physical
>200 power
>+1 priority when Snorlax uses any contact moves for the rest of the battle
>>
A Normal type move that raises all stats by 2 but confuses the user.
>>
Piercing Volley - Owlet3 exclusive (grass type)
>70 power
>100 accuracy
>the user fires two arrows at the target, the first dealing physical damage, while the second is special.

This one is kinda simple, but still interesting because it can break subs and still hit hard. Also makes walling a little more involved than "Well this mon is physical so send out gliscor over goodra".
>>
>>28650763
Kinda cool, I like the idea. It goes well with the animation and the idea of Snorlax finally getting up and moving. But that's a little strong, don't you think? It's gonna hit like a truck on its own, then you also have priority the rest of the battle.
>>
Power Switch
Psychic Z move
Switches attacking stats with the target.
>>
>>28650833
Sableye would be a good check to it with will-o-wisp and it's typing.
>>
>>28650859
>Blissey using this
Straight to ubers 2bh
>>
>>28650859
Prankster Meowstic
>priority power switch vs offensive mon
>sucker punch, zen headbutt, iron tail.

>>28650891
I was under the impression that Pokémon can only use STAB Z-moves.
>>
>>28650919
Any mon can use a generic Z Move if they have a move of that type.
>>
>>28650919
Meowstic would be a good user, yeah.
>>
>>28650695
Aura Blast (Lucario)
120 power
----
Always hits and always lowers the target's special defense by two stages.

Basically a combination of Aura Sphere and Focus Blast, with a buff.

>>28650919
Nope, they've said that they can use any generic Z-Move as long as they know a move of the same type to act as a catalyst
>>
>>28650719
Just because you think it's cool, doesn't mean it actually is. All in all, /vp/ and r/pokemon's opinions are entirely irrelevant overall and never will be of any importance
>>
File: EP612_Recuerdo_de_Entei.jpg (16KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
EP612_Recuerdo_de_Entei.jpg
16KB, 342x192px
>>28650695
Volcanic Roar - Entei Exclusive (fire type)
>90 power
>The user causes a volcanic eruption in the battlefield lasts 5 turns. All Pokémon other than Fire and Rock types take 1/8 damage each turn. Those weak to fire take 1/4 each turn.
>>
File: 1472204587482.gif (6KB, 165x165px) Image search: [Google]
1472204587482.gif
6KB, 165x165px
Delayed Reaction - Slowpoke line exclusive (Psychic)
>175~ Power
>100 Accuracy
>On the turn of use, nothing happens. 3-7 turns later, the attack strikes dealing full damage.
Basically Future Sight on drugs.
Animation would be a dramatic close-in of Slowpoke/bro/king's face, zooming into their head, showing their brain and then the cells of the brain, before showing the opposing Pokemon being struck by a huge psychic attack, as something like https://youtu.be/3XyS7uCtnq0?t=15s plays.
The camera then zooms back out to Slowpoke/bro/king who yawns contently. 3 or more turns later the attack actually strikes.

...I just really like the idea of Slowpoke getting it's shit together in advance for once, only for it to probably forget it ever did or act surprised when it's attack hits.
>>
>>28650982
no i mean some anon will come up with a cool idea, i'll have 2 months to internalize that line of thinking as the way z moves should be, and then get totally btfo when SMh comes out, thus making me wtf i hate z moves now.
>>
>>28650833
Considering it requires you to waste a slot on giga impact, I think it's balanced.
>>
>>28650933
Makes me think, maybe Z-moves have a Charge-like mechanic, where it powers up the next move of that type.
>>
>>28651394
Slowmara would become the demon god she was meant to be with this move.
>>
>>28650695
Stoked Sparksurfer
but it sets up Electric Terrain
>>
File: cofagrigus.png (682KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus.png
682KB, 1280x1280px
Buried Alive - Cofagrigus exclusive (Ghost)
>120 Power
>Turn 1, Cofagrigus digs underground
>Turn 2, Cofagrigus drags the opponent underground with its arms, breaking through any barriers
>Opponent can no longer switch out, flying/levitating pokemon are succeptable to ground-type attacks, and Earthquake does x2 damage
>Speed lowered a la paralysis
>>
>>28652504
this is exactly why i think z-moves are going to be the shittiest mechanic ever created
>>
"Some unique Z-crystals can even cause Pokemon to change appearance like Ash-Greninja"
>>
>>28652523
Because of a completely hypothetical example some random stranger on the internet made for shits and giggles?
>>
>>28652546
Because it's going to be a forces deus ex machina that's severely over powered but doesn't add anything to gameplay experience other than a shitty gimmick that makes the player character trash everyone in the game
>>
Supreme Splash - Magikarp Exclusive
Fixed Damage
- Accuracy
Picks a number between 1 and the Magikarp's max HP and does that amount of damage
The number isn't random it's always 1.
>>
>>28652504
I like it. A little complicated, but I guess all of these are to an extent.

>>28652523
Post a better one then faggot

I have a feeling Alolan Marowak is actually getting a Z-move because of this info. Something like:

Homing Boneferno - Alolan Marowak exclusive (Fire)
>90 power
> -- accuracy (can't miss)
>special
>50% to burn
>Works like pursuit, does double damage if the Pokémon switches out.
>>
>>28650833
Remember you not only have to give up a moveslot for it, you also have to give up your item.
>>
Normal type Z-Move that nullifies the type chart entirely until the user is KO'd
>>
>>28652603
>>28651552
Snorlax @ Snorlium
Thick Fat
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 SpD, 4 HP
-Giga Impact
-Return/Body Slam
-Fire punch
-Brick Break/Ice Punch/Superpower

As long as you don't get KO'd in the first turn you have permanent priority and hella damage with maxed atk and adamant. Also there's the potential for Belly Drum setup. Basically he'd be the next bravest bird except a lot bulkier and hitting way harder
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.