[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If B/W was my first gen, is any opinion I have instantly invalidated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: gigalith.jpg (78KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
gigalith.jpg
78KB, 900x654px
If B/W was my first gen, is any opinion I have instantly invalidated?

On a side note, does anyone like Gigalith? I've never seen him mentioned, possibly because he has an awful typing and annoying method to evolve.
>>
I liked Gigalith until I saw its mouth.
>>
>>28648219
No, ignore shitposters, do what you want.

About Gigalith, its because Boldore were just as annoying as Graveler in Gen IV but now they could survive your water or grass type attacks one-shoting them with Sturdy, making caves extra-annoying. Plus there wasnt even a gym leader to redeem it like geodude or all the other early route rock types.
>>
I hated Boldore, but thought i'd get a Gigalith in my first Black run through and he was a juggernaut
>>
The fact that you're posting on this board already means your opinion's worth less than dirt.
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>28648219
i really liked it's preevo, really strong defense and smack down was a really good move, though i never knew that it needed to be traded to evolve until it was too late
>>
>>28648219
I absolutely love Gigalith. I spent 3 days trying to get a shiny roggenrola because of how much I love the line. It was worth it <3
>>
>>28648219
Depends on the question.
Welcome to the Rock Kermit Club.
>>
I like gigalith, but i like boldore's weird bug-like tripod thing it had going on more. I get that they wanted each stage to be very differently shaped with different no. of legs though.
>>
>>28648219
It doesn't matter desu
>>
yes, your opinion is automatically discarded

all opinions are automatically discarded for anyone who started after Gen 3, and even then, Gen 3 opinions are discarded depending on the topic
>>
>>28648482
I'm assuming you started playing during Gen II?
>>
>>28648219
He is a decent spiker and sturdy bomb. I've been using him along with Ferrothorn through the in-game run. Fun to use. Really like the tripod design of them both, too. Wish there could be third tripod wall pokemon to complete the tripod trio dream team.
>>
>>28648482
that makes no sense desu

all it affects is which gen you have nostalgia for

but then you're a 24+ year old posting on an imageboard primarily populated by teenagers so I guess you need to feel that you're superior to them
>>
>>28648494
nope, Gen 1
>>
>>28648524
I've played every gen except II, does that matter?
>>
>>28648509
nope, based on the fact that you guys after Gen 2 grew up playing with advanced gaming systems and automatically label anything that doesn't have Running Shoes, Abilities, EVs, IVs and other luxuries boring, because your attention spans can't focus for more than 8 seconds
>>
>>28648559
You can deal throughout the main game without having any knowledge of IVs or EVs. Probably abilities too, only a few of them are actually good for the main game.

But holy fuck, how did anyone get along in life without running shoes?
>>
>>28648597
Maps were smaller, wasn't as much of a need for them. And honestly, who even cares about IVs or EVs during their regular run of the game?
>>
>>28648559
Gen 1 was poorly designed ass, get over it.
Super Mario Bros, for the NES still plays fine but RBY aged like milk.
>>
>>28648524
That's even worse desu
>>
>>28648639
I'm not even a genwunner who judged newfag based on their first gen game, but this
>Gen 1 was poorly designed ass, get over it.
Is pure shit taste desu.
>>
>>28648623
>Maps were smaller, wasn't as much of a need for them.
Never relied on maps for any pokemon gen. Gen 2 has the biggest map compares to other gens though.
>>
>>28648559
>le ADHD XDDDD meme
fucking listen to yourself
also nice projecting, I've played Red and I like it a lot, the only real complaints that I have is that the bag sucks and you can't see the base power of moves so you have to rely on what sounds more powerful

>>28648597
the walking speed in RBY seems to be similar to the running speed in other games
>>
>>28648219
I got a Gigalith in BW2 by trading an Emolga to an NPC. It was an absolute bro. High atttack, high defence, and I also had a Sandlash with Sand Veil, so I made it learn sandstorm for that sweet team synergy. Slow as shit though.
>>
>>28648219
Only by douchebags.

BW was a pretty good gen, and actually had a pretty nice story tied to it.
>>
>>28648219
Gigalith is one of my favorite mons. Unfortunately never used it due to it's evolution method.
>>
>>28648779
>bag sucks and you can't see the base power of moves so you have to rely on what sounds more powerful
Not that anon but consider playing through gen 1 while under impression that none of the hand holding features existed yet. You would think the limited storage bag was supposed to emulate the real limitation of real bag and encourage inventory micromanaging. Invisible BP was to add layer of subtlety to the relatively small movepool of gen 1 but the strength of each move can simply be judged according to learning sequence (scratch -> slash) and flavor text (rises atk -> sharply rises atk). It's not that hard and tournament would be less broken with exploits since mastery of the game would heavily based on your own learning curve as player. All of these are intended design choice to suit the console limitation of the time and it's quite brilliant in game design perspective.
>>
>>28648499
uhh... son i don't know how to break this to you. Gigalith has 3 legs.
>>
>>28649651
4... i meant 4
>>
>>28649676
Simple mistake. I got too used to having Boldore before retrading him with bro near endgame.
>>
>>28648639
>Super Mario Bros, for the NES still played fine

kek
>>
>>28648219
Love it.

Just needs Diamond Storm to be perfect.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.