[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SuMo Yeah that's right, faggots, I said fucking "SuMo".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

File: Sun-and-Moon.jpg (216KB, 1144x924px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-and-Moon.jpg
216KB, 1144x924px
SuMo
Yeah that's right, faggots, I said fucking "SuMo".
>lol no one calls it RuSaEm, DiPePla, or BlaWhi you faggot
Well no shit they don't you fucking retards, those sound dumb as shit.
SuMo actually rolls off the tongue well, and sounds like an existing word. It actually works.
>LEDDIT REEEEEEEE
Not one of you frogposters has provided proof on who used that name first, fuck off.
>>
>>28646055
Thats not how acronyms work retard.
>>
>>28646055
SuMo sounds dumb as fuck too. SM is fine. Go back please
>>
>>28646094
>U.S. DEVGRU
>DEVelopment GRoUp
>>
>>28646055
>RuSaEm
Rused em'
>>
>>28646055

I don't know, "SuMo" just sounds childish to me. And I'd rather keep it consistent with how it's always been done.
>>
>>28646163
So you're telling me Gen 4 is DIAmondPEaRl?

And IIRC, reddit forces (forced?) people to use SuMo because S&M is NSFW, and completely ignored SM
>>
>>28646055
I don't really mind SuMo, but it just doesn't 'look' right.
>>
>>28646163
Nice abbreviation bro
>>
>>28646262
I see most people use "/" over "&" actually, such as S/M or B2/W2.
>>
>>28646055
Yes but no one says RBY, they see the acronym and think Red, Blue, Yellow. And people don't say RBY in conversation.

So hence when people see SM, they don't think Sssmm or whatever, they think Sun and Moon.

Furthermore, in an irl conversation, saying SuMo can potentially be confusing.

>Person 1: "Hey did you see the SuMo news last night?"
>Person 2: "No why would I follow Sumo wrestling?"
>Person 1: "Sorry, I meant Pokemon Sun and Moon"
>Person 2: "I see, next time just say Sun and Moon."
>>
File: z.png (64KB, 1119x514px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
64KB, 1119x514px
>>28646055
>>
>not taking the opportunity to call it pokemon sadomasochism
literal fag
>>
I just say "the new Pokemon"
>>
>>28646355
>Furthermore, in an irl conversation, saying SuMo can potentially be confusing.
No one is going to say "S and M" for the same reasons. Anyone I talk to says "sun and moon". Spoken conversation is a different thing, SuMo is something that's used mostly for writing because the context is better understood.
>>
>>28646408
Also a cool thing about Platinum's name is that it uses the element symbol for Platinum.
>>
>>28646055
>SuMo sounds like an existing word
Because it is dummy
>>
>>28646355
Counterpoint: It's equally confusing to use "SM," because it can be confused with some NSFW stuff.

>Person 1: "Hey, did you see the SM news?"
>Person 2: "No, I don't follow news specific to a particular fetish subculture. Why would you even ask that? What's wrong with you?"
>Person 1: "Sorry, I meant Pokemon Sun and Moon."
>Person 2: "I see. I probably should have realized that from the start, because there's no fucking reason you would have been asking me about S&M news, which now that I think of it, isn't even the same phrase as 'SM." Wow, I'm a dipshit for being so confused."

You see, SM is just as bad.
>>
>>28646464
SM is also only used for written conversation, that was the whole point of his argument. In real speech, you would say Sun and Moon. When writing you use acronyms.

SuMo is stupid and unnecessary, SM gets it across just fine and only a retard would be confused
>>
>>28646408
>making lists and rules about how an acronym (a part of informal language) is supposed to work
Literally autism.

>>28646477
Yeah, no shit, that's exactly what I meant when I said it sounds like an existing word. I know what sumo wrestling is you fucking mong, learn some reading comprehension.
>>
>>28646055
>those sound dumb as shit.
So does "SuMo", in fact "SuMo" has become an indicator for shitposting.
>>
>>28646489
>"Yo bro look at this jpeg!"
>>
>>28646561
>lists and rules about how writing works

That's called "language." Even on the Internet, it's a thing.
>>
>>28646355
>Hey did you see the Pokemon SuMo news?
>Sumo? What are they doing with Hariyama?
>No I mean Sun and Moon dude
>Oh
>>
>>28646489
>Counterpoint:
Man you must think you're something.
>>
>>28646658
The point is that acronyms are flexible in creation so as to create better, more easily pronounceable phases. Not every acronym uses only the first letter in a word, and not every acronym includes the words "of" or "and" in their formation. Acronyms are designed for convenience, following strict rule patterns hinders them.
>>
>>28646489
>missing the part of the post where I say "Just say Sun and Moon" sometimes

Reading
Comprehension
>>
>>28646765

Speaking of reading comprehension, did you actually read the entire post you're criticizing?
>>
>>28646055
But it's a super inefficient way to say it. If you're typing it out, SM is objectively simpler and easier to type out; and if you're talking irl, you're just going to say "Sun and Moon".
Stop trying to complicate typing out a simple acronym.
>>
>>28646561
>implying i made that
>implying you're not just a baiter
>>
>>28646743
Why anyone would be lazy enough to use a Pokemon games abbreviation in real life speech is absolutely beyond me.

The abbreviations are meant to be a quick and easy way to get something across to another person. Consistency makes this even more quick and easy. SuMo is less efficient than writing SM, and they both only take two damn syllables to pronounce in your head (the only place you should be pronouncing them), not to mention the the fact that the abbreviation is an entirely unrelated word which makes it more confusing to see and makes it sound childish as hell.
>>
>>28646876
If you don't use that "ruleset" on how the acronyms work then why did you post it?
>>
>>28646743

This is all true, but misses a key component: the value of consistency. There are a lot of ways to compose acronyms, you're right about that, but within a group of acronyms, they should be kept consistent where possible. Of course there are exceptions, as in DPPl, but there should be compelling reasons for divergences. I think the standard should be higher than "SuMo" sounds cool.
>>
>>28646838
They did, it does nothing but reinforce what they were already saying. They weren't saying saying SuMo irl is stupid, they were saying using ANY pokemon abbreviation irl is stupid, with SuMo as an example. Bringing up SM as a counterpoint is, well, not a counterpoint.
>>
>SM is nsfw word
Ahh... problems of English language
>>
>>28646889
>and they both only take two damn syllables to pronounce in your head
SuMo sounds better though.
>>
>>28646953
It should only be said in your autistic mind so who cares what it sounds like
>>
File: Caroline-zoom-33069341-400-387.jpg (18KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
Caroline-zoom-33069341-400-387.jpg
18KB, 400x387px
>>28646255
>>
SuMoo sounds better than SuMo.
>>
>>28646909
I do use that ruleset, along with every other person who's not fucking mentally handicapped. I saved it off some other anon who was tired of retards like you
>>
>>28646950
No, S and M/ S&M is. If SM is pronounced S and M then why not pronounce SuMo Su and Mo.
>>
eXwhY was such fun games
>>
>>28646939
>Bringing up SM as a counterpoint is, well, not a counterpoint

Yeah, exactly. >>28646489 was sarcasm, that's the entire point. Read the green text instead of just skimming it. It's saying that "SM" is fine, just in a more subtle way than shouting it in all caps.

(By the way, I'm a little confused by all of they "they"s in your post, which are pretty unclear and seem to refer to different things, so hopefully I'm understanding your point?)
>>
Sun and Moon are short fucking words. Irl, just use them. On the internet the acronym os the fastest way, SM. SuMo is just inconsistent, reads badly compared to SM, and from what I understand it was created because it triggered that other SM acronym on sensitive people. I haven't seen anyone use DiPe because they don't want to say Double Penetration.
>>
>>28647008
so you are an autist
>>
>>28647037
not as much as you are, SuMo fag
>>
>>28647029
I've read the post and the sarcasm just helps to show that this person thinks the other was implying SM would be better used irl. It wasn't a counterpoint, they were reinforcing the first persons argument rather than countering it in any way.
>>
>>28647070
stay mad pepe
>>
I say Sumo because that's what I started saying pretty much as soon as I knew the names.

What the fuck is the big deal with either shorthands? It doesn't matter if they know what you're talking about.
>>
>>28647085
And to clarify, the only part that sounds remotely sarcastic is the last line of the green text, the post was still meant to be a counter argument, but failed to do so.
>>
>>28647111
because it goes against EVERY other shortening of the games and it makes you look like a fucking retard.

how hard is it to say SM?
>>
>>28647085
>it wasn't a counterpoint, they were reinforcing the first persons argument rather than countering it in any way.

Again, that was the whole point. I know, because I posted it. "Counterpoint" was sarcasm. "SM is just as bad" was sarcasm. I was in fact supporting >>28646355. I guess I just expected people to read the entire damn post instead of just the non-green portions. Oops.
>>
>redditors forcing their shitty abbreviation because they are afraid of using the terms SM or S&M

sasuga
>>
Really, you're all faggots for needing to abbreviate a mere seven letters.
>>
>>28646953
please please please don't tell me you read out text posts to yourself like some kind of autistic schizo
>>
>>28647138
I did, you fail to get sarcasm across anywhere besides the last line of green text, not my fault. Just because one part is clearly sarcastic doesn't make the post as a whole sarcastic, just use /s next time you want that effect.
>>
>>28647209

Yep. I wrote a post where you have to read the entire post to get the intended meaning. Terrible, nobody should write posts that can't have lines arbitrarily skipped and still retain its meaning. Totally my mistake, and I sincerely apologize.

/s
>>
>>28647204
lol no anon, I'm not that far gone
>>
>>28647129
>how hard is it to say SM?
>say
It's not. Saying "Sumo" just feels more natural and sounds better than saying two random letters with nothing in-between.

You didn't do the same for others because there wasn't really a good sounding way to do it. Pretty much why Diamond and Pearl became D&P instead of "Dearl." Fire Red and Leaf Green had multiple words for the title and so couldn't think of doing it. Emerald doesn't even have a widely used acronym.

But when typing it/reading it, Sumo is retarded. Even more so than SM. The true way to type Sun & Moon is S&M.
>>
>>28646055
S&M or SM are acceptable, SuMo is not and never will be, and you are a faggot
>>
>>28647402
I say "DP" as in "Dee pee", same for every game. I say "SM", not "SuMo" or "S&M"
>>
>>28647402
If I'm actually talking about the games, I just use their full names.
Acronyms are just for writing, which is why it doesn't matter how easy they roll out of the tongue.
>>
>>28646055
>DiPe
>not DiaPer
pleb
>>
File: 1470179920306.png (291KB, 354x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470179920306.png
291KB, 354x306px
>>28647490
>DiaPer
>Diamond and Perl
>>
>>28647483
This. IRL, just say Sun and Moon. Writing, SM is objectively faster to type out. Rule of KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid.
>>
>>28647723
I can just imagine one of these retards saying "SuMo" in real life and getting their shit slapped.
>>
>>28646055
OP) #
OH YOU DID ME A DOOZIE

I MAKE BUIG STINKY IN OANTS

I JUST LITERALLY

PEED

MY

PANTS

JUST A LITTE THOUGH

I MEAN ITS A LITTLE SPOT NOT LIKE IT RUINED MY CHAIR R NYTHING LOL BUT FOR REAL EPIC LULZ HIGH FIVES XDD

U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MALt I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW
WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair kuz i count and i CANT stop CONGRATS MAN XD U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MAD I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW IT SAYS IN THE RULES I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FAGGOTRY RULES

HAHA YE

LE PSLAYSTATION HAS LENNONGSEMS

LE KEKTENDO IS OUT DAVIOR :^^))1
=++

POOTIS XD
>>
Post your favorite games anons.

Mine's SoSi
>>
>>28647981
HeGoSoSi were great. Much better remakes than OmRuAlSa.
>>
>>28647723
>KISS

You mean KeSiSt. Human contact triggers me.
>>
>>28648019
Agreed. OmRuAlSa were so bad. Doesn't even compare to FiReLeGr as a remake. Hopefully the DiPePl remakes are good.
>>
>>28648024

KeItSiSt
>>
>>28648054
You dont need to put words like It and And in the acronym friend
>>
File: 1378661445123.jpg (31KB, 400x630px) Image search: [Google]
1378661445123.jpg
31KB, 400x630px
>>28646255
>>28646055
>DiPe
Diaper
>>
>>28648069
True, of course, but as its a play on KISS, which does retain the I, it's appropriate here.
>>
>>28648107
yeah well you're absolutely right
>>
>>28648105
DiaPer
good sir
>>
>>28646055
>SuMo
>>
>>28646262
I like how they find issue in SM due to associating it with sadomasochism, but DP which is associated with double penetration is perfectly fine.
>>
Question for those of you who do refer to them as "SuMo", how do you pronounce it if talking irl?
>>
>>28647402
>Saying "Sumo" just feels more natural and sounds better than saying two random letters with nothing in-between.
>Su-moe
>Es-semm
Saying SM takes less time and only requires one simple motion, while sumo forces you to stop after the "su" to change the entire position of your tongue.
SM both makes more sense and is easier to say.
>>
>>28648247
I do SM but of course I'm not retarded, if you don't say "Sun and Moon" while speaking you should probably never speak to anyone again.
>>
File: 1312_sumo_main.jpg (89KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1312_sumo_main.jpg
89KB, 1000x600px
>>28648247
>>28648247
>>28648300
I actually asked this because what bugs me a bit about "SuMo" is that they say it like pic related.

You don't pronounce the word "Sun" as "Soon" and and you don't pronounce the word "Moon" as "Moan" so it bothers me that SuMo is at all an accepted way to refer to the games.
>>
>>28648338
meant to reply to >>28648316
>>
>>28648300
...what. Like, I don't care how people say/type it but how in the fuck do you think "SOO-moh" is less organic than "ESS'-ehm". There's a pause between the syllables whereas SuMo at least flows nicely
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/47ptfk/can_we_please_agree_to_call_it_pokemon_sumo/

so basically OP is a fucking redditor retard

fuck off
>>
>>28648338
Wait, so they pronounce it as /sʌmu/? Dear fuck that's painful.
>>28648388
I don't know, why don't you ask'em.
>>
>>28648222
It's because they were all little kid when DP came out and thus couldn't make the association.
>>
I call it SuMo (like the wrestling), but if someone said SM I'd still know what they were talking about
>>
All this faggotry over a stupid "acronym" or "abreviation" is retarded.
If you use SuMo, you're literally just removing THREE (3) characters and changing the pronunctiation of Moon at the same time. How can anyone think that's okay? What's the fucking point?
>>
Pokemon S&M sounds like something completely different.
>>
>>28648768
You're falling on the same old arguments again. Where did that "&" come from? Do you call the first games "R&B"?
>>
>>28646953
Except the entire point people are making is that since you'll only ever be reading it, it doesn't matter how it sounds.
>>
>>28646953
>>28648812
Exactly, when I see "DP" I don't read DeePee, I know it means Diamond and Pearl so I read it as Diamond and Pearl, just like I know SM is Sun and Moon so I read it as that.
>>
>using a name that breaks pattern for the games that break pattern.
Makes sense to me. But honestly, if you actually care what term people use, you are literally autistic. Like, actually need to talk to a doctor about but I understand that diagnosis is hard after the age of like 8, but you are straight up autistic for that.

Normal conversation:
>Hey man did you see the new SuMo news?
>Yeah man those Chinese leaks are legit as fuck I can't wait for SM
>Same dude

That's it. Stop being a fucking child about other people callin it something different when everyone knows EXACTLY what both terms mean.
>>
>>28648768
And that's why everyone says R&B&Y, G&S&C, R&S&E, FR&LG, D&P&Pt, HG&SS, B&W&B2&W2, X&Y and OR&AS, right?
Oh wait.
>>
>>28646926
>using the wrong term for DPPt while complaining about people using the wrong term for Sun and Moon
Here is your (you).
>>
>>28648901
no
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.