[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never see anyone complaining about Juan's fucking Kingdra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I never see anyone complaining about Juan's fucking Kingdra in Emerald. Lots of complaints about Whitney's Miltank and that one Lillipup. Am I the only one who suffered through this?
>>
>>28634460
>still having trouble by the time of the last gym

cheren and whitney get mentioned because they're early game, when your options are still limited

you're never supposed to have trouble during any part of the game but if you reach the last gym and dont have enough strong options by then you are legit retarded
>>
>>28634460
>Hyper Potions and a Water-type
>>
>>28634460
because we already got a kingdra as the final gym leader's ace in the previous gen
>>
>>28634460
It's pretty tough compared to other 8th gym ace but by then you already got your shit together. Early gyms are always the hardest because you're pretty limited in your movepool/pokémon. And Whitney can be battled really early for a third gym.
>>
>>28634495
>>28634536
True, I didn't consider that. Also I wasn't saying those parts weren't hard and the complaining wasn't justified, just that this mon in particular gave me a huge headache. Water/Dragon has no weaknesses in gen 3 aside from dragon and the only Dragons you can get are one-shot by Ice Beam.

y strategy was to stall out his Ice Beam PP and then spam Aerial Ace with my Swellow. It took forever.
>>
>>28634460
Kingdra is always a pain in the ass to fight anyway in gen 3 because it has a good defensive typing, so you're stuck with shooting off neutral moves to try and whittle it down, or have something with good special attack and Dragon Claw, which isn't all that feasable due to every other Dragon line being 2x or 4x weak to Ice.
>>
File: tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>28634495
>when your options are still limited
They literally hand you a counter to her entire Gym.
>>
>>28635396
Because she was over powered. Body slam's paralysis and attract shit hurt though
>>
>>28635169
I just cursed it with Banette and spammed Earthquake with Swampert. Made it pretty easy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.