[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chikorita's evolution line must be like this. Post more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 17

File: image.png (455KB, 1211x1238px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455KB, 1211x1238px
Chikorita's evolution line must be like this.
Post more fake evolution lines like this
>>
imagine a world where Tropius replaces Meganium.
Glorious
>>
File: fakemon.jpg (233KB, 537x1171px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon.jpg
233KB, 537x1171px
>>28631154
:^)
Too lazy to edit Litten, Rowlet and Popplio in.
>>
File: line.png (171KB, 724x325px) Image search: [Google]
line.png
171KB, 724x325px
>>28631154
>>
>>28631202
Damn, that could really work with only a couple changes.
>>
>>28631202
This makes me wonder if Lilligant was also a scrapped gen 2 mon
>>
In b4 Kangaskhan and/or cubone autism.
>>
File: 1471070520438.png (451KB, 1059x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1471070520438.png
451KB, 1059x1209px
It's the same level of nonsense.
>>
>>28631169
Imagine a world where GameFreak actually went back and fixed a ton of Pokemon in this manner, Female-Meganium, Male-Tropius, Dedenne->Raichu, etc.

Just imagine it.
>>
>>28631501
I wouldn't mind this.
>>
>>28631534
>yfw gnoggins reboot theory was right
>yfw gen 8 fixes all this
>>
>>28631154
Yessss i thought this was am actual thing before i got into pokemon.
>>
>>28631501
Love it
>>
File: EmOi0.png (85KB, 677x428px)
EmOi0.png
85KB, 677x428px
Posting the most obvious one
>>
File: Evolutions.png (673KB, 1674x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Evolutions.png
673KB, 1674x1276px
>>
The caracosta one is pure autism
>>
>>28631627
>>
>>28631651
Bottom one blows my mind. Fucking why?
>>
>>28631651
>>28631622
Fuck off buttscab.
>>
>>28631154
inb4 Venonat - Butterfree

Bugs don't make sense in the real world either.
>>
>>28631670
Because GameFreak basically takes old Pokemon and just redesigns them. Look at Vespiqueen, they just took Beedrill and redid him. Look at Dedenne, its just Raichu. Look at Yvetal/Xernas. Their concepts are basically Lugia/Ho-Oh. Lugia who destroys things with his powerful wings and Ho-Oh this rainbow thing that bestows life on the Beast Trio.

GameFreak instead of just taking the Pokemon they created prior and fixing them, just make new Pokemon all together. Now it seems like they're doing it with Alolas and Megas.
>>
>>28631714
You've got to admit though, design wise they're weirdly too similar.
>>
>>28631729
What do you think it sells more? "This new pokemon will fix all pokemons from previous games!" or "This new pokemon will have 200 new pokemon wooow"?

Smogonfags are a very loud but insignificant minority and GF knows
>>
>>28631202
This is Gen 1 tier stuff. 2nd stage removes traits from the 1st stage and adds its own, while the 3rd stage undoes the changes that the 2nd implemented.
>>
>>28631729
Well there's also pokemon inspired by others like machamp line and the timburr line. What bugs me out is i always thought purrloin was the "new" dark type meowth and yet were getting alola dark type meowth
>>
>>28631744
Where did you get any of that from my post? I was talking about design wise and in general fixes in terms of lore and basically just everything. They don't want to go back to old Pokemon and tweak them a bit or change evolutionary lines or their specific lore and instead just making new Pokemon that are basically them and in some cases are barely different at all, its just the same concept reused entirely but with a different design.
>>
>>28631729

>Vespiquen is just Beedrill redone.

>Beedrill
Wasp/Hornet with spears for arms, design is focused highly on the creatures ability to sting.

>Vespiquen
Queen bee who is also a beehive, design is based on its ability to be a master of hundreds of bees, literally does not have a stinger.

You're really fucking stupid arn't you?
>>
File: vpetevo.jpg (97KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
vpetevo.jpg
97KB, 600x493px
>>28631585
This is literally how Digimon works, and by the time Gen 8 comes along, Digimon will have been rebooted first.
>>
>>28631754
Yeah GameFreak makes some weird choices. Look at Primal Groudon and Kyogre, does that mean Dialga and Palkia are Primal? They have the exact same colored primal lines that they do. Then you got Vespiqueen which is basically Beedrill re-imagined, but then they just go and make Mega Beedrill, which has a similar stinger/bottom shape to Vespiqueen, just slightly less honey comb shaped.
>>
>>28631769
Vespiqueen is just Beedrill redone with a different design. Why is Vespiqueen its own evolutionary line and not part of Kakuna's where Vespiqueen is the Female Evolution and Beedrill the Male?

They did this for Gardevoir and Gallade, so why not Beedrill and Vespiqueen?

GameFreak is constantly taking older designs and just re-imagining them in a new format, but not having them have any sort of relation whatsoever to the Pokemon they were re-imagined from.
>>
>>28631806
Thisssssss thank youuuuu

Interested in what other lines you think go together/should be retconned
>>
>>28631806
Because one is a fucking bee and the other one is a fucking wasp/hornet.
They might look similar in real life but they are astronomically different creatures.
That's like saying Braviary is a redone Delibird because they're both fucking birds.
>>
File: dual evo.jpg (61KB, 613x619px) Image search: [Google]
dual evo.jpg
61KB, 613x619px
>>
>>28631852
>they both keep their abilities when evolving
>>
>>28631831
And?

Sandshrew is a shrew that becomes a porcupine.
Exeggcute are a group of eggs that become a egg coconut tree.
Remoraid is a fish that becomes an octopus.
Poochyena is a dog that becomes a hyena.
Carvanha is a piranha that becomes a shark.

You get the point, plenty of Pokemon don't really make sense going from one animal to the next. I mean shit Kakuna is a chrysalis, why does it become a wasp in the first place?
>>28631821
Too many to go into honestly. Aggron would be a good Rhyhorn equivalent with Steel Coat for instance, or say Forretress and Ferrothorn coming from Ferroseed.
>>
File: Gorebyss.png (22KB, 384x318px) Image search: [Google]
Gorebyss.png
22KB, 384x318px
>>28631831
Lol your logic is shit
>>
>>28631897
Yeah I know Pokémon change species when evolving that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

You're saying Vespiquen is a redone Beedrill, it shares nothing with Beedrill, its design themes are completely different, it doesn't look like it, it doesn't have the same role in the game, it doesn't have the same amount of evolutions, it's stats couldn't be any more different. Frankly it shares as much in common with Beedrill as Mothim does.
The only reason you insist it MUST be a redone Beedrill is because you think Hornets are Bees, they're not not even close.

I'm not even going to argue Pokémon CAN'T be inspired by earlier ones but this case is simply ignorance backing lies.
>>
File: peA4l16.jpg (632KB, 2611x1958px) Image search: [Google]
peA4l16.jpg
632KB, 2611x1958px
>>28631806
>Vespiqueen is just Beedrill redone with a different design
>not the same type
>not based on the same animal
>not the same base stat
>one is a slow defensive pokemon, the other is a glass canon
>but because I consider one is supposed to be male and the other is only female they should be split evo.
That's not how it works

>>28631897
>Kakuna is a chrysalis
Like nearly all insect wasp go through a pupa stage
>>
>>28631897
>Sandshrew is a shrew that becomes a porcupine.
A Pangolin that becomes a bigger Pangolin
>Exeggcute are a group of eggs that become a egg coconut tree.
seeds
>Remoraid is a fish that becomes an octopus.
Ya got me
>Poochyena is a dog that becomes a hyena.
little dog/hyeana hybrid becomes big dog/hyena hybrid
>Carvanha is a piranha that becomes a shark.
again true, but works cause its fucking pokemon

Just because they made a new Bee pokemon doesn't mean it has to be related to Beedrill at all.

I really like the concept of all the combee/Vespiqueen with all the bees being the same but the females have potential to become a queen. and it makes much more sense than a Bee coming from a cocoon.
>>
>>28631979
Because it's re-imagined. They looked at the Beedrill line and were like "How can we fix this conceptually, and so Vespiqueen and its line were born."

It doesn't have be a 1:1 recreation of it, that's the point, its a concept re-imagined and changed because they couldn't bother to go back and take those things and apply it the Pokemon it was based off of in the first place. Vespiqueen never should have been its own line. They could have looked at Beedrill and been like "Well, how do we take this concept of a wasp, and turn it into a bee like we should have done so in the first place?" And instead of just giving Kakuna another split evolution for female only that resulted in Vespiqueen, they just made Vespiqueen and a pre-evo to it so that they could fill out a brand new dex instead a little better as opposed to filling out the world and all the Pokemon that had been previously created for instance.
>>
>>28631897
>plenty of Pokemon don't really make sense going from one animal to the next.

So your solution is to make two evolution lines that make perfect sense into one, which doesn't make sense? Is this supposed to support your argument?

The only thing I want retconned is fucking Nidorina/Nidoqueen's egg groups.

>>28632011
>How can we fix this conceptually, and so Vespiqueen and its line were born

Are you fucking retarded? They have completely different roles in the game, one being an early game bug, the other being a showcase on gender-based evolutions (as well as honey mechanics). Stop embarrasing yourself.
>>
>>28632001
Not him, but Hyenas aren't actually dogs. They're in the Cheetah family.
>>
>>28632011
No. No that's wrong.

You know what IS a reimagined Beedrill? Dustox.
It's a three stage Bug/Poison type found early game with a 'pretty' equivalent to it being the 'cool' one.
You know what else is a Beedrill reimagining? Scolipede
It's a three stage Bug/Poison type found early game with a 'pretty' equivalent to it being the 'cool' one.

You're still fixating on Vespiquen being fucking black and yellow and thus bees are hornets and completely ignoring the lack of any other traits to make your claim reasonable.
>>
>>28632037
They're not in the cheetah family, but they are more cloesly related to cats than to dogs. They're in the suborder Feliformia which also includes mongooses and meerkats.

The moar you know.
>>
>>28632011
But Vespiquen and Beedrill have nothing in common. Beedrill evolution line is based on a classical larva>pupa>adult insect live cycle, when Vespiquen evolution line is based on the worker/queen separation in social hymenopterans and like >>28632034 said gender based evolution.
>>
>>28632037
thats why I said dog/hyena hybrid, because Poochyena and Mightyena are based off both
>>
>>28632034
>the other being a showcase on gender-based evolutions (as well as honey mechanics).

You mean just like I suggested without it being a completely different line of Pokemon? I mean god forbid Kakuna, my precious Gen 1 Pokemon can evolve into two different Pokemon based on Gender. I mean god forbid the chrysalis evolves into a wasp or a bee, that doesn't make any sense!
>>28631996
What is 're-imagined'. Also a yellow jacket does not go through a pupa stage.
>>
>>28632052
>Dustox
>cool

Don't lie to yourself anon.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (49KB, 300x392px)
doubt.jpg
49KB, 300x392px
>>28632068
>yellow jacket does not go through a pupa stage.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_jacket
>Larvae pupate

But at this point it's clear you are either retarded or trolling, your only argument is "they are both yellow and black bug and one is female only, so they should have been split evo".
>>
>>28631806
>autism
>>
>>28632132
Everyone on /vp/ is autistic, lets be real here.
>>
File: dontbeanidiot.png (11KB, 509x188px)
dontbeanidiot.png
11KB, 509x188px
>>28631714
fuck off
tell me how it doesn't make sense
>>
>>28632037
cheetahs are closer related to dog than cats
either way hyena aren't that close related to cheetahs
>>
>>28631627
Wartortle shouldn't even have anything to do with BLASTOISE, let alone Carracosta.
>>
File: s005.jpg (152KB, 800x483px) Image search: [Google]
s005.jpg
152KB, 800x483px
>>28632179
Buterfree line is based on the eastern tiger swallowtail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qrFh1yKvs
>>
>>28631806
>Vespiqueen is just Beedrill redone with a different design
How on earth are they even remotely similar apart from "they are both yellow insects with red eyes"? They share literally no other design aspects.

By your logic, almost every pokemon of the same type should be from the same evolutionary line.
>>
Doesn't matter if ones a bee and one's a wasp

What matter is it would have been cool for Vespiqueen to lead an army of Beedrills
>>
>>28632179
>>28632271
I think what happened was
Venonat>Buterfree was a line at first
They created Caterpie>Metapod because they wanted a caterpillar>chrysalis>butterfly line
Then they put Buterfree as the final evo for the Caterpie line because they liked the design
Then they created Venomoth and decided to make it Venomat evolution.
>>
File: huh.png (4KB, 258x112px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
4KB, 258x112px
>>
>>28632392
These are just headcanons, they were never confirmed. Remember how everyone thought ditto was a failed mew clone, but in the end that was proven to be nothing ?
>>
>>28632001
>>Remoraid is a fish that becomes an octopus.
>Ya got me

It's a gun that turns into a cannon with a theme of sea creatures. I seriously wonder why more people don't yet realize this.
>>
Male Magikarp = Gyarados
Male Magikarp who wear dresses at night = Milotic
>>
>>28632419
Yes, I know, but it's also true that venomat and buterfree have many similarities in their design: their color scheme, their antennae, their hands, their mouths. So it wouldn't surprise me that they were related at some point.
>>
>>28632416
legit better than dragonite
>>
This might be the case for a few Pokemon, but it's also just GF using the fact that there are hundreds of different species of animals and plants to base Pokemon on. The franchise would've ended at like 200 Pokemon if GF didn't capitalize on that. There would literally be one bird-based line, one rodent-based line, one fish-based line (etc.), and that's it. Let's not forget that some evolutionary progressions aren't entirely based on obvious shit like aesthetic traits or what have you; some instead are in part based on abstract concepts, mythology, religion, urban legends, famous inventors/scientists, etc., etc. Spoink line, for instance, is believed to be based on the saying "casting pearls before swine." One could argue that Vespiquen fills a role that Beedrill's concept couldn't have possibly filled. The concept Vespiquen is based on required a new hymenopteran line. Heck, if GF wanted, they could cough out a steel/bug hymenopteran line based mainly on sawflies.
>>
>>28633213
* >>28631729
>>
>>28631627
But Arbok already evolves into Seviper.
>>
File: UdmjaIX[1].png (215KB, 1080x464px) Image search: [Google]
UdmjaIX[1].png
215KB, 1080x464px
>>
>>28631769
>BEEdrill
>Wasp/Hornet
>>
>>28634454
>WEEDle is clearly based on a sack of hash

Fuck off with the shitty semantics
>>
File: 1446561604710.jpg (10KB, 207x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446561604710.jpg
10KB, 207x250px
A lot of these lines only make sense because some Pokemon were supposed to be kinda like regional variants of other Pokemon. Of course now there literally are regional variants of the exact same Pokemon, but the point remains.

>Bouffalant=Tauros
>Luvdisc=Alomola
>Pikachu=Plusle/Minun=Pachirisu=etc.
>>
>>28634641
Weed pokemon when?!
>>
>>28631501
I truly believe this was planned and scrapped
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.