[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do people eat in pokemon world? I mean just because we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

File: magikarp.jpg (46KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
magikarp.jpg
46KB, 400x290px
So what do people eat in pokemon world? I mean just because we live in world of magical creatures doesn't mean they don't need any protein to survive.
>>
There are massive slowpoke farms where they have their tails harvested.
>>
>Red- and blue-striped Basculin are very violent and always fighting. They are also remarkably tasty.
>>
>>28630447
Pokemon and I think there might be mention if regular animals existing I forget.

It's never really covered, but if some Pokemon eat other Pokemon then I'd imagine humans do too. Likely the more simple minded lines. Like magikarp. Makes me wonder about exotic tastes actually. Like boiled Reuniclus. Use jelly to create gelatin or thicken soup. Slow cook organelles to soften and serve sliced over rice pilaf or something.
>>
File: Slowroast.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Slowroast.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>
File: teamskull.png (413KB, 517x458px) Image search: [Google]
teamskull.png
413KB, 517x458px
>>28630447
>Farfetch'd was hunted to near extinction because of how delicious it is
>Miltank farm in Johto and a ranch of Mareep in Unova
>Basculin's pokedex entry talks about how they taste
>The entire Slowpoketail plotline
>The restaurants in Kalos often made reference to food that was made with Pokemon products
People eat Pokemon, OP. They farm them for milk and slaughter them for meat. That's always been pretty clear, they just don't bring it up very often because it's a kids game.
>>
>>28630558
I dont think meat has ever even been shown in the anime as of late. it's always vegetable sandwiches, salad, and bowls of cut fruit
>>
File: tumblr_oamzl9cRzf1t3i6elo1_500.png (414KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oamzl9cRzf1t3i6elo1_500.png
414KB, 488x750px
>>28630497
This was equally interesting and revolting to read. Well done.
>>
>>28630447
I recall that the marketing guide for pokemon distinctly mentioned that in all related materials pokemon and humans can only be depicted eating vegetarian based food
>>
they eat memes
>>
The various restaurants you go to outright serve meat and fish. I don't remember if they mention Pokemon names but they're clearly implied to be pokemon.
>>
>>28630667
In X and Y that is.
>>
>>28630593
the entire premise of the pokemon franchise is to be friends with magical animals, it wouldn't be smart to depict people eating those friends
>>
>>28630667
Yeah you can even order Slowpoke tails. Pokemon are obviously killed and used, Seadra's dex entry even says that its fins and bones are used for herbal medicine.
>>
>>28630667
Arbok is eaten
>>
>>28630645
This. The guide told that you can only depict plant food or "vague" food like random brown chunks.
>>28630667
This is also true though, with stuff like slowpoketails so I guess games just work on slightly different rules.
>>
>>28630600
Writefagging demands I try to keep sharp and try new things.
>>
>>28630719
Slow poke I assume can regrow tails or at least survive without them
>>
Tropius bananas!
>>
>>28630447
A few Pokemon, but it seems like the vast majority are vegetarian.
>>
>>28630447
Every food has proteins, they often eat brownish soup with carrots and potatos, or sugary shit like poke puffs.
Humans don't eat pokemon. There are still animals like fish in the anime that they eat, wich is incredibly stupid because you never see them with pokemon.
>>
>>28630752
Except that guide was detailing how to market Pokemon for third-parties, not Nintendo or Game Freak.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9op-6VdM1c
5 minutes 30 seconds in

"Looks like it's ready for the deli counter" (refering to Magikarp)

they eat pokemon
>>
>>28630497
There used to be animals back in gen 1 when the setting was less established, but that's been retconned. The current canon seems to be that it's all pokémon.
>>
>>28630752
The guide is for third party stuff like the anime, not the games. In the games you have full freedom to say that. Case point: all dex entries that describe eating pokemon or the restaurants in Lumiose City.
>>
>>28630447
>So what do people eat in pokemon world?

Well large scale Pokemon World agriculture is mostly devoted to Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, Eggs, & Milk- the usual "vegetarian" options we often see them eating n' so forth, but that's the 'majority' of their diet.

The carnivorous portion of their diet is supported by synthesized and processed foods: fabricated meats & meat substitute products made in factories a long side other processed foods, junk foods, and so forth. Though with that said, they do still eat Pokemon- it's just something secluded to either the very rich or the very poor as both of them have their ways of getting what they want.
>>
>>28630558
Don't forget as of recent times, Crabwraler's claws are said to be a delicacy
>>
>>28631561
>source: my ass
>>
File: IL015_3.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IL015_3.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>28630497
>Like magikarp

You can't eat magikarp. It's stated in the MS Anne episode that it's more or less just bones.
>>
>>28631561
Might be true in the anime, but in the games Pokemon are eaten as often as they are in real life. Hell, your mom in Gold/Silver was making hamburgers, not veggie burgers or soy burgers, hamburgers
>>
>>28630447
I wouldn't be surprised if they'd eat Magicarp
there are so many, they only have one move and they have the brainpower of a rock

but what would be more inetresting is which Pokemon are okay to eat and which aren's
>you wouldn't eat a god would you, anon?
villain for next installment: the society of Pokemon food lovers
>>
>>28631619
Which should be an outright lie with how energetic they are flailing around. If the anime didn't have rules against depicting Pokemon being eaten, Magikarp would most likely be a very bland kind of seafood, possibly fatty as well, since I imagine Magikarp store a lot of fat while working towards their evolution
>>
>>28631690
That reminds me of Cherubi's dex entry. Makes me think
1. Does it lose the ability to evolve if its small head gets eaten, or just regrows a new one?
2. Would it taste more like meat or a plant? (We only know it's sweet, but grass pokemon gotta move somehow, eg. muscle)
>>
File: grubbin.jpg (17KB, 300x154px) Image search: [Google]
grubbin.jpg
17KB, 300x154px
>>28631619
Sir, that thing Misty is eating looks an awful lot like gen VII mon Grubbin D:
>>
File: funny-pictures-auto-400867.jpg (212KB, 811x1658px) Image search: [Google]
funny-pictures-auto-400867.jpg
212KB, 811x1658px
So true...
>>
>>28630979
>Humans don't eat pokemon
Except that's patently false. See
>>28630489
>>28630558
>>28630719
>>28631578
Just because they don't explicitly show Ash Ketchum chowing down on a Machoke carcass (face and all), doesn't mean they don't eat Pokemon. Also
>There's a book you can read in the Gen IV games that says about eating all the flesh off of a fish pokemon and then let the skeleton flow down the river it came from and it would be born again as that pokemon
People eat Pokemon. That's just a fact
>>
Goto the S.S. Anne and talk to the chefs. They'll confirm that people eat salmon.
>>
>>28632380
>clearly genwun
>May
>>
>>28633528
Hoenn is gunwun confirmed
>>
Honestly it's probably not that different from real life. Even if they do eat Pokemon (which they almost definitely do) they only eat certain ones (I.e. several of the fish, Tauros, eggs, maybe the fruit ones) with a few being delicacies (Slowpoke tails, Tropius bananas) and some you just don't eat even though you technically could (Poochyena, Rapidash, anything even remotely humanoid, trash mons like Pidgey or Rattata) and some you can't and shouldn't eat (pretty much anything rock, steel, or ghost type)
>>
>>28634287
how would you even eat a ghost?
>>
>>28634329
That's why I said can't.

Though there would probably be drug addicts that huff Gastly fumes.
>>
>>28630447
I just like to pretend it operates on Harvest Moon rules where everything is harvested cruelty-free and they just eat regular fish
>>
We need planktonic Pokemon, like krill or something. Those small fish Pokemon and Wailmer/Wailord need eat something.
>>
>>28631675
>villain for next installment: the society of Pokemon food lovers

If done correctly, they could be the most evil team yet. I wouldn't mind going up against them.
>>
>>28634564
>They want to capture the box legendary because a legendary one-of-a-kind Pokemon is a delicacy
>>
>>28632236
OH MY GOOOOOOD THEY ARE EATING HIM
>>
>>28630447
Didn't they served you a cooked Slowpoke Tail in one of the restaurants in Kalos?
>>
File: FOR MOTHER.png (36KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
FOR MOTHER.png
36KB, 500x441px
>>28631667
>hamburgers
>not VOLCANO BAKEMEAT
Old meme is old, but I don't care
>>
>>28634732
AND THEN THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!
>>
>>28630447
It's explicitly stated in the games that people eat Pokemon. Pay more attention, friend.
>>
So what Pokémon would be considered ethical/unethical to eat?

Would they eat humanoid mons like Mr. Mime, Gardevoir, Machoke or Lucario?

Would they eat cutemons like Eevee or Azurill?

Would they eat cat or dog analogues like Espurr or Mightyena?
>>
>>28634982
Pokemon is an analogue of real life and Pokemon are based on real things.
We don't eat mimes, yokai or swords in real life.
They won't delve into it anyway, they'll only mention it like they do in the restaurants.
>>
>>28634982
I am pretty sure they only eat the ones that don't looks like ours pets.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lot of laws and moral rules of which Pokémon can be eaten since the Pokémon world modern society looks like really nature friendly.
>>
>>28634635
>and here we will present him!
>that's the dining hall
>Oh yes, we're going to eat it and once I've eaten a god their godly power will be mine
>it- it doesn't work like that
>LIES!
>>
>>28630498
im a massive carnivore but its weird that this makes me feel more ill than if it was a pig!
>>
>>28634564
>>28635297
>Literally the White Glove Society from Fallout: New Vegas

Could be pretty interesting as a post-game side questions or something. I don't think you could sell it well enough in an E rated game to merit them being the main evil team.
>>
>>28635410
>questions

Goddammit mobileposter.
>>
>>28635410
>you can either help the bad guy eat Enton
>find another Pokemon for them to eat
>or make them all eat fake-meat
>>
>>28633135
>Machoke
I feel like you could've picked a better, less human-like example. When I think edible pokemon, I think of cattle-like ones, or fish-like ones, even some of the lesser birds like Unfezant.
>>
Alright but what would you fags eat? Dying to try something or do you have to be force fed it like a baby?

I bet Bouffalant grill well, served alongside mixed greens with Oddish blades added for spice and mild hallucinogenic properties.
>>
>>28630447
Ultra Beasts exist. So, if another way of life can exists in Pokémon World, why not common animals?
>>
>>28630447
Chansey dishs must be top dollar for the wealthy in Kanto I wonder how good it taste.

We all know Unovans are just eating that delicious Sawsbuck caribou.
>>
>>28634982
Id feel weird eating any of the Ralts line they just look so intelligent to be delicious. However I wonder if the Ralts are carnivores and would they cook their meat? Would they eat people just imagine a Ralts uses its telekinesis to ignite you on fire then starts tearing off your flesh.
>>
I love my dog but that doesn't stop me to eat horses, cows and so on.

And I'm sure trainers love their pokémon team but that doesn't stop them from eating other kinds of pokémon.
>>
If I had to wager a guess, I'd think the majority of things people eat in the pokemon world aren't the pokemon themselves, but products of said pokemon. Things like Chansey eggs, slowpoke tails (assuming they grow back), Tropius fruit and so on. That would more than likely be the explanation given by the devs, anyway.

Of course, there's also the question of would they be worth eating? I mean, pokemon can be compressed into tiny balls to be thrown around and carried. They might not even be edible at all, like they might be silicon based or some shit. Too many questions to answer for sure, if you ask me.
>>
It's a Japanese game.

I'm sure Koffing's liver and Jynx's lips are expensive delicacy in Pokemon world.
>>
>>28634329

I mean you could TRY to eat a shedinja, it's probably too crunchy though, with the nutritional value of pork rinds.
>>
>>28635157

>we don't eat mimes

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>28630765
And the berries off a Snover too!
>>
>>28636834

I wouldn't mind trying Relicanth, if it tastes like actual rockfish. I also would love to steam Krabbies, assuming there's a pokemon-world equivalent of Old Bay.
>>
>>28630469
Is there? I thought that was mainly poachers like team rocket.
>>
>>28638721
Do Koffing even have livers? I thought they were pretty much hollow.
>>
>>28632236
you mean the lobster? grubbin is a fucking grub you retard
>>
>>28638989
Most seafaring Pokemon are probably pretty okay, come to think.

>>28639328
They explode at random don't they? I doubt they're worth eating. I bet Weezing are great for illegal drug production though.
>>
>>28639422
>They explode at random don't they? I doubt they're worth eating.
Could be a blowfish type deal. Only the most skilled chefs can prepare koffings without exploding or poisoning their guests.
>>
Qwilfish are basically fugu..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugu
>>
>>28637069
Oh yeah, I'm sure the pokemon world gets its food from the food dimension.
>>
>>28639494
Good way of putting it actually.

Now try cooking Skarmory without drying the meat out.
>>
File: swing-chickenb.jpg (94KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
swing-chickenb.jpg
94KB, 800x599px
>>28630593
>Anime
>Canon
>Or even thought out
>>
File: IMG_2685.jpg (27KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2685.jpg
27KB, 480x358px
>>28630498
>>
>>28630498
I could never do this
This is inhumane
>>
File: no way.png (116KB, 424x281px) Image search: [Google]
no way.png
116KB, 424x281px
>>28640436
I feel like cooking a Steel type would be easy, assuming they only have metal skin and there is edible meat underneath. They're basically wrapped in foil, you could just roast them.

We're getting into Dungeon Cooking territory here.
>>
>>28640496
We do it to pigs
And before you say anything, it recently been proven pigs are one of the smartest creatures in the animal kingdom right next to dolphins and primates
>>
>>28630447
>Implying Humans in the pokemon world are not pokemon themselves

>>28630498
DELET THIS
>>
File: lion cuts chart.jpg (31KB, 450x310px) Image search: [Google]
lion cuts chart.jpg
31KB, 450x310px
>>28630497
Exotic animal meat and non-food pokemon probably have a lot of similarites: a unique quality, but rarely very good eating. Animals that aren't cared for and fed a specific diet will likely have a gamey taste. I'd be even more careful eating plant pokemon than I would terrestrial plants, as a lot of those Grass-types have toxic, soporific, or paralytic spores. I'm not even sure many of them are even fully plants.

This is discounting pokemon that are outright poisonous, incorporeal, immortal, or made out of inorganic material.
>>
File: 989278234.jpg (11KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
989278234.jpg
11KB, 299x169px
>>28632380
>Eating a Grass/Poison pokemon
>>
>>28640563
That didn't occur to me. I guess they're basically readymade if you think about it.

>>28640738
Makes me wonder if eating Paras is dangerous. Or Parasect for that matter.
>>
>>28634635
>Admins are thinly veiled takes on Toriko characters
>At least one legendary looks like one the eight kings
>>
>>28640779
Poison spread over different methods, and the ones that don't take effect by touch or being breathed in can be safe to consume as long as you don't have an open would for it to find your blood stream.
>>
My guess is they eat whatever easy to handle and breed en masse mons there are that can't learn toxic or are otherwise inedible.
>>
File: pokiemanz.jpg (404KB, 1659x1201px) Image search: [Google]
pokiemanz.jpg
404KB, 1659x1201px
Read it from right-to-left

>inb4 not canon anymore
>it is to me, senpai
>>
They eat Pokemon. Sinnoh mentions it in Canalave City. The games just don't care to get that in-depth with it with how more and more human Pokemon are becoming.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.