[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he not give a shit about the series anymore? He hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg (45KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Tajiri_2016.jpg
45KB, 639x960px
Does he not give a shit about the series anymore? He hasn't been involved in actual development of the games since g/s/c.
>>
>>28626235
He hates what the series has become buut keeps it to himself. Hence why Masuda took over.

He wanted the games to end at g/s/c because he knew you cannot rehash the same games over and over again indefinitely.
>>
>>28626284
;cineetion tated)
>>
>>28626326
Google it. He intended g/s/c to be the last game in the series.
>>
>>28626284
I don't blame him

masuda and everybody else after him will milk he games until the death of the universe
>>
>>28626355
Yes. But I was asking for the other stuff, about how he hates the series. You said he keeps it to himself, so either you are him, or you're exaggerating or blowing shit out of your ass.
>>
File: 1358124770380.png (202KB, 356x373px) Image search: [Google]
1358124770380.png
202KB, 356x373px
>>28626284
He literally said that he planned gold and silver to be the last games. Hence the final battle being against Red bringing the series full circle and to a close.

Masuda however was a greedy kike who wanted to continue making more games in the series and Satoshi was like "fine, but I'm not going to involve myself in development anymore."

I wouldn't go as far to say he hates the series but he clearly wanted Gold and Silver to be the last games.
>>
>>28626284
He doesn't seem to have an resentment of the franchise past G/S/C at all in that Gamecenter CX interview. In fact, there is no evidence he's ever publicly displayed regret over the franchise.
>inb4 picture of Shigeki Morimoto with the quote "Pokemon was a mistake"- Satoshi Tajiri
>>
>>28626620
And I would also addd that the current vision of the series is not of Tajiri's but Masuda's.
>>
>>28626725
the gamecenter cx interview was from 2004
>>
>>28626802
When gen 3 was a thing. What's your point?
>>
>>28626725
He won't acknowledge it directly because in Japan the cultural norms would see him as rude and disgraceful.

But we can make an reasonable assumption off the proven fact that he wanted the series to end a long time ago, and that he hasn't involved himself in any game design since 1999.
>>
He has other duties to attend to as executive producer, which means he delegates making the games to others. (mostly Masuda)
>>
>>28626935
He's just a figurehead at this point. Masuda and co are the actual designers.
>>
>>28626235
He was involved with the development of FRLG.

>>28626902
I think you need to stop projecting.
>>
>>28627001
>I think you need to stop projecting

I think you need to learn the definition of words you want to use before you use them incorrectly.

>FRLG

Wow. So remakes of the first games? Kek. Again proving my point. He has only involved himself with games pertaining to either the first or second generation.
>>
>>28626235
I guess he is still the producer of the games
>>
>>28626284
Masuda proved him wrong then cause im still playing pokemon just in 3d now
>>
>>28627067
Dude stop being a fucking retard. Nobody cares what you think what Hideo Kojima thinks
>>
>>28626902
This assumption is built on a flimsy premise, especially since no one has produced the source of his quote yet. The exact wording needs to be seen, otherwise could he have only intended it to be the last game because he was not sure if the series would go on? Or was he saying this was his final game and he was fine with the series moving on without his input?
>>
>>28627067
He is literally the executive producer of every fucking game.
How about you provide some facts instead of spouting random bullshit based on your own feelings, retard.
>>
>>28626902

Sounds more like he was willing to step aside and let others at the creative front of the series while he handled managerial duties. It doesn't seem that uncommon, though from what we can tell he's a lot more hands-off than a producer such as Miyamoto.
>>
>>28627090
Excellent rebuttal.

>>28627097
Again just google "pokemon gold and silver intended to be last games in the series."
>>
>>28627142
Executive producer is not the same as a game designer you fucking idiot. He didn't involve himself in the actual developments of the games. EP just means somebody who retains the legal rights and oversees funding.
>>
>>28627079
well, you could have a normal life now, instead of wasting time playing pokemon or discussing about it in a pokemon board
even I could
fuck you masuda
>>
>>28627169
"He intended GS to be the last games in the series" does not imply "he hates what the games have become after it". Two different things anon. If YOU don't like what Pokemon has become is a whole different thing.
>>
>>28627210
Never said anything about game designer, faggot. You can be involved without being in control of everything.
>>
>>28627142
Being an executive producer just means that you can shut down ideas you don't like, you don't have to contribute.
>>
>>28627244
It's a reasonable assumption as he has taken no part in actually designing the games after the second gen, unless you count FRLG which were remakes of the first games.

To him the games should have ended after gold and silver.

>>28627252

>One constant however is the rule of Executive Producer. Just as with movies, EPs often have little actual power or role in the production. Sometimes, they're purely ceremonial, used as a way to credit someone for part of the work. Some EPs do have some authority, but this is primarily through their role as facilitating communication between the upper level executives and the people actually making the work. When people speak of "Executive Meddling", the EP is often the go-between or facilitator for this.

EP doesn't mean shit in actual development.
>>
>>28626902
It's quite the leap in logic to claim that since he isn't involved with the franchise anymore, he must hate it.
>>
>>28627356
>>28627358
Maybe I worded it too strongly

As this >>28626620 said, I guess it would be fairer to say that the current state of the series does not represent his "vision."
>>
>>28627385
Good thing the games have barely changed in 20 years.
>>
>>28627356
>assumption
This is what your logic is. It's not reasonable, it's not founded in any argument, and the one you present in your reasoning is too weak.

>>28627385
Of course not. Pokemon, as it is now, represents the vision of Masuda, to whom he entrusted it. This is because Pokemon already fulfilled said vision with GS bringing the games to a closure. If he has another vision about how Pokemon should turn out or not, we do not know, but he's clearly not contributing to it anymore - perhaps he has nothing to contribute after all.
>>
>>28627385
Probably not, just like Zelda in the last decade represents Aonuma's vision much more than Miyamoto's.

That is not unusual in long franchises. And I doubt there's any hard feelings there, since Tajiri just stepped down and let other people handle it from Gen 3 onwards. If he really didn't like where the franchise was going he probably would have wanted to go back to the developement side at some point. His name is strong enough he could probably do that if he wanted. He either likes the current status of the franchise or don't care much.
People need to stop trying to make drama out of everything.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.