[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why aren't mega evolutions and legendaries banned from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1473904640722.jpg (86KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1473904640722.jpg
86KB, 600x577px
why aren't mega evolutions and legendaries banned from competitive play?
>>
Because a lot of megas and legendaries aren't powerful enough to warrant banning?
>>
>>28625039
BAN MEGA AUDINO HOLY SHIT CAN ANYONE STOP THIS MONSTROSITY, LITERALLY KILLING THE METAGAME
>>
>>28625039
because that would make no sense. there are plenty of normal mons (for example, excadrill,) that are better than a lot of legendaries.
>>
Who would even want to ban Mega Banette? That thing is ass.
>>
Instead of banning everything you should be more focused on gitting gud

Let people pick six mega salamences if they want, it's your obligation as a player and a challenge to think of a counter strategy
>>
File: 1454650754254.png (835KB, 1338x624px) Image search: [Google]
1454650754254.png
835KB, 1338x624px
>>28625069
Literally Megamom ruined meta. Look at the VGC usage.
>>28625114 replace audino with kanga and you actually mean that sentence
>>
>>28625287
So you're saying that since Mega Kangaskhan is overpowered, Mega Audino should be banned?
>>
>>28625287
"Ban all mega evolutions!"

"Why? Some of them are shit, like this one."

"This one is good though, so your point is invalid."

Flawless logic anon
>>
I've always been against using legendaries since I was a small child, but I'd drop that in an instant if a Water-type Regi was added to the game
>>
Fuck yeah!

I was tired of mesprit Articuno and mega Audino sweeping over everything with their godlike legendary title and that 100 BST pushing Audino over the edge.

You are a gentleman and a scholar OP.
>>
Legendary=/=Strong
Mega=/=Strong
Are you twelve
>>
>>28625039
git gud, beeyotch.
>>
>>28626197
You people are retarded

Yes it would be nice to have them pick and choose the problem children out of legendaries and megas, but this is gamefreak we're talkin about. It's either all or none with them since they're all stuck under the same banner. I wouldn't mind not being able to use regirock if it meant primal groudon, megarayquaza and darkrai weren't infesting battlespot

If you want a tiered system that doesn't blanket ban legendaries go to smogon. But on the actual games this is the closest you get to having some half-assed balance.
>>
>>28626778
>Implying Smogon doesn't ban everything they don't like
They are biased to a disgusting degree.
>>
>>28625039
>legendaries
Because Phione is seriously OP.
>>
>>28626814
It is I, John Smogon, ruler of the metagame! Just so you know, the smogon bans are done when a large number of knowledgeable people make a vote. If something was banned, most of the time it's just and for a reason you probably don't understand.
>>
>>28626822
Phione is not a legendary.
>>
>>28626856
Oh yes. Please enlighten me with what the knowledgeable members of this fanmeta circlejerk have decided.
>>
>>28626778
>groudon
>rayquaza
>darkrai
>BATTLE SPOT
Get the fuck out of Free Battles and prove your worth in Ranked you stupid scrub
>>
>>28626895
/thread
>>
>>28626856
>attract+baton pass scolipede

LMAO
>>
>>28626778
This logo is stupid. If they ban all of one thing because of the few broken ones, then another thing will be the thing taking over the metagame. The game isn't fixed once one thing gets eliminated. The next best thing will be the thing everyone uses.
>>
>>28625039
let ban regigas and mega audino
>>
>>28627055
The gap between the best and the rest just got smaller though. Maybe your bromon couldn't deal with mega salamence, but he has a chance against the normal one.

It won't be great until gamefreak actually starts fixing shit, but it does help some.
>>
>>28625039
Why is the tsundere fang so hot /vp/?
>>
>>28627197
The fang is not exclusive to tsundere nor is it a defining feature of tsundere.
>>
>>28625287
Do people really have this much of a problem with mega mom? It's not really the fastest mon outside of fake out priority and you can just protect or quick guard turn one to deal with that. Then again my team is basically OU the experience electric boogaloo
>>
>>28625331
Why not? Nobody will use it anyway.
>>
>>28625287
Rough skin/iron barbs/Effect spore/Flame body/Rocky helmet

>He doesnt use rocky helmet bulky sweepers

>literally git gud
>>
File: 1431628018998.png (64KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1431628018998.png
64KB, 245x246px
>>28628557
>Sacrificing a Pokemon to partially damage another
>>
>>28626778
Yeah I want all legendaries banned from actual competitions. It's too the point that you HAVE to use Landorus and Heatran to win and I hate using legendaries. I want a championship title without using legends.
>>
>>28625039
>Banning Regiggas
>Banning Mega Audino
>Banning Articuno
I agree with banning Mega Fug and Mega Kangaskahn, but there's really no use to ban some of the trashmon in that blanket term. Mega Menectric is really where I draw the line between welcome megas and bullshit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.