[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun and Moon are a fangame in every way except for actually being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: pokeball.jpg (40KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pokeball.jpg
40KB, 800x800px
Sun and Moon are a fangame in every way except for actually being official games made by Game Freak.

>an evil threat that isn't a Pokemon OR human being played up as a danger to both (Ultra Beasts)
>a dark and edgy team for a dark and serious plot (Aether Foundation probably has the motives but is being played up as good guys right now, Team Skull has the gangster outfits but doesn't seem to be that bad by evil team standards)
>no gyms (actually that's a lie; even the most grimdark and edgy Pokemon games like Omnicron and Rejuvination STILL have the gym system)
>changes that just make no fucking sense (HMs -> Riding Pokemon [solves half of the problem but you still need the Pokemon with you], Rival picking starter strong against yours -> Rival picking starter weak against yours)
>silently sweeping Mega Evolutions under the rug to promote their new Z-Move mechanic, ignoring how we had the type gems back in Gen 5 that probably amounted to the same thing
>seriously no gyms and Pokemon league how the fuck do you mess that up

Discuss. If I have something completely wrong, do feel free to correct me.

Before you ask, yes I'm still buying the games.
>>
>I hate change: the post
>>
>>28623167
It's almost like.... they're making decent creative choices
>>
Everything ever made is someone's fanfiction.
>>
>seriously no gyms and Pokemon league how the fuck do you mess that up
>says that as if trying something new after 20 years of the same structure and especially after one of the most soulless and pandering generations is a bad thing
>>
Riding Pokemon is a rental service, not using your own Pokemon
>>
Thanks for your blog entry
>>
>>28623167
>>changes that just make no fucking sense (HMs -> Riding Pokemon
for PokeRide, you rent the pokemon temproarily, you don't need th0e pokemon on you.
>Rival picking starter strong against yours -> Rival picking starter weak against yours)
Lillie picks the starter stronger against yours. She just doesn't battle very much. Not to say that she wont have a single battle in the endgame with a baller-ass team.
>>
>>28623167
Ultra Beasts are just Pokemon under a different name.
Team Skull are goofy gangsters while Aether are aperture science. How exactly is either of them edgy?
How are summer camp activities instead of gyms edgy?
You don't carry riding Pokemon on your team, and Hau doesn't have to be your main challenge.
They're not removing megas you fucking idiot. How can you even compare the amount of work they involved to type gems?
You wanted to play RBY for the seventh time?
>>
>>28623265
this is a discussion board you pretentious jackass
>>
>>28623167
Go back to Rebblit Gen1fag, or maybe go to tumblr to post your blog, faggot
>>
>Sun and Moon are a fangame in every way except for actually being official games made by Game Freak.
>official games made by Game Freak.
>made by Game Freak.

So then they're not a fangame.
>>
Cool blog.
>>
File: 1474228378181.jpg (26KB, 213x314px) Image search: [Google]
1474228378181.jpg
26KB, 213x314px
>>28623167
>"ugh why are all pokemon games the same? exactly like call of duty!"
>changes
>"ugh why are they changing everything? it's practically a fangame! make them have everything the same again!"
>>
>>28623385
You're not too bright.
>>
>/v/fag who calls sonic mania a fangame because a guy who works on it likes sonic discovers /vp/: the thread
>>
>>28623167
> no gyms and league
> a bad thing
It's not the first thing I'd change, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
>>
File: 1427315798087.jpg (15KB, 366x330px) Image search: [Google]
1427315798087.jpg
15KB, 366x330px
>>28623439
>People still bitch about Sonic Mania being a fangame despite Sega helping to make it

People want to find things to get angry about, sometimes they're totally justified, and sometimes they're really petty
>>
>>28623167
>What is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games
>Also puts stupid theory about the Aether Foundation being evil
>Thinks Megas are just "swept under the rug" instead of being put aside because they're just not a focus any more I mean come on Anon, the only reason why this universe exists is because of that shitty death machine that also created mega evolutions. Chances are there will either be more added in whatever 3rd version or remake they do this gen
>>
>>28623167
>edgy
doesn't mean what you think it means

that word is only appropriate, when its made to be "cooler", through over serious tones and unnecessary amounts of violent, inappropriate or just outright shocking language, expressions, actions and behaviors, or the presence of overly tragic/dramatic story, most of the time this type of thing is forced and in fiction very poorly written and overly cliche.
edgy is not dark colors, or black and red color schemes, however its not uncommon that the author/artist may use those to emphasis the edginess.

so far gladion is the only edgy thing in S&M, and even he may not be give he is a trope commonly found in japanese fiction, and is played up for the ham factor
>>
>>28623167
>Sun and Moon are a fangame in every way except for actually being a fangame

Enlightening.
>>
>>28623219
Look, I'm going to agree with you there. Gen 6 sucked ass. Pokemon designs were great, Mega Evolutions were fine, Fairy type was fine, literally everything was good except for the actual physical games.

The Gym/Legaue formula had nothing to do with why XY sucked harder than any game since DP or why ORAS were arguably downgraded compared to Emerald.

>>28623381
Honestly I have no idea whether Ultra Beasts are going to be catchable or not or anything like that so I'll wait and see when the games release how they are handled.

That's what I mean: Aether probably has the dark motives while Team Skull has literal gangaster outfits. The other half isn't edgy at all so it's not intolerable (Aether having pure white outfits; Skull being treated in a not very serious way).

The Trials or whatever the fuck they are aren't edgy (...probably), but stripping out one of the biggest traditions in the series is the sort of thing that most fangames aren't stupid enough to do.

>>28623268
Oh. Well then one point for SM; fuck HMs, and I didn't know they were treating Lillie as a "rival" as well. So just Gen 5 again except the one not acclined to battling got the starter strong against yours then.

>>28623381
I never said they were removing Megas, I said they were sweeping them under the rug (i.e. not giving the mechanic any attention and potentially no new Megas). Actually removing Megas is incomprehensible.

And no, I don't just want to play RBY again. Even Fire Red and Leaf Green have aged pretty poorly, to say nothing of the Game Boy originals.

>>28623439
Yes, that was what I was saying.

>>28623507
I've never complained about the former ever and most change in the series has been fine.

>>28623568
>>28623608
...why the fuck would you think that? I never even heard of that stupidity until now.

>>28623688
...Thanks. I actually didn't know that until now.
>>
>>28623167
>>a dark and edgy team for a dark and serious plot
>Team Skull is basically composed of people who never stop skellington jokes
>skellington jokes are now edgy
>>
>>28623752
>literally everything was good except for the actual physical games

So your issue was with the cartridges and not their contents?
>>
>>28623644
>Actually thinks Aether isn't going to be evil

Nah, the group with a similar structure to the actual villainous teams (grunts, 2 admins, and a head), is studying what is being played up as the main threat (the Ultra Beasts), and with an overall theming that is diametrically opposed to the Alola region's theme (can you think of something more out of place in a region focused on tradition than a fucking artificial island?) is totally going to be on the level.
>>
>>28623752
Oh, and the thing with Diamond and Pearl was that Platinum was fucking amazing to make up for it and then you had HGSS, which while not the best games in the franchise were incredibly good. Not to mention even DP never felt out-and-out "unfinished" like XY were.

ORAS were mediocre at best and the expected Z version never happened, so Gen 6 didn't get a redemption like what Gen 4 got.

Also, now that I think about it, XY's plot got a bit edgy towards the end, didn't it. Team Flare going from a laughingstock of a team to a bunch of literally genocidal immortality seekers and Lysandre ending up either immortal but buried underneath god knows how much rock or just plain DEAD via an ancient superweapon.

>>28623799
Like the region/gyms were soulless in comparison to those that came before. I can still name the gym leaders of the first five generations off the top of my head but the literal only gym leader I can remember from Gen 6 at all was Wolfren or whatever his name one (and even that because he admitted Ice was not a good type before his battle). Part of that was because they went for a massive Pokemon variety for in-game (450+ regional dex!) but there were fewer new Pokemon added than in any previous generation by a significant margin, so the end result was that Kalos-native Pokemon were drowned underneath all the previous generation Pokemon as a result. And, while legendaries were overdone in previous generations, Gen 6 cut them down to literally just 6, half of which were event legendaries and the other half of which were the version mascot trio. So you had literally just TWO legendaries native to Kalos catchable in-game, the version mascot and the third version mascot denied it's own third version. And then you only had another two catchable (whichever legendary bird you had) and Mewtwo as well, so you were at best tied with fucking Gen 1 in terms of catchable legendaries.

And yeah, the games felt unfinished.
>>
File: 1388106093197.gif (617KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388106093197.gif
617KB, 500x375px
>>28623167
I think you're right, because after all these years when a new game comes out, the only things that comes to my mind are new abilities and new Pokémon. But since Gen VI with mega evolutions and now with Alolan variants, z-moves and a brand new game mechanic i feel like i'm really playing something newfangled and not the same "gym 1 - gym 2 - O NO IZ THE BAD GUISE - gym 3 - ... - gym 7 - O LUKE WEE DEFEATED THEE BAD GUISE - E4 - The end"
>>
>>28623167

>need the Pokemon with you for Ride Pokemon

What the fuck are you talking about m8? You call in the Pokemon via a special device and it gets transferred to a special Pokeball that you use to send it out. This is old news.
>>
>>28623534
>whoops, i got caught saying something stupid, better call this anon dumb
>>
>>28623958
>the literal only

That words already lost nearly all meaning and you still managed to misuse it.
>>
>>28624366
Sorry. The only gym leader then. Gen 6's gym leaders just didn't stand out that much.

>>28624246
I'm not complaining about Alolan Pokemon at all or even Z-Moves (all I was doing was pointing out how megas were being pushed out of the spotlight in favor of a mechanic that echoed something introduced in Gen 5 and...then silently dropped in Gen 6 in general for being too strong). My biggest complaint was that the gym/league backbone of the games are being torn out. Hell, I was worried when those rumors about gyms disappearing showed up back in Gen 6 and felt relief when they were confirmed back.

>>28624246
Incorrect! The only generations that applied for were Gens 3, 4, and 6. Gen 1, Team Rocket wasn't finally dealt with until Gym 8 (since Giovanni was the last gym leader), Gen 2...actually can't remember if it was after Gym 6 or Gym 7, but even then you still have the brick joke in the Kanto half about the Team Rocket grunt who never got the memo about them disbanding again. BW had the final confrontation with Team Plasma replace the Champion fight the first time through the E4, and B2W2 had the final confrontation with Neo Team Plasma kick in after gym 8 but before the E4.

So half of them don't even quite follow that pattern, and that's ignoring how the first confrontation tends to vary (you first deal with Team Magma/Aqua in Petalburg Forest; i.e. before the first Gym!).

I will admit it is kind of ridiculous how the last gym does tend to get curbstomped by whatever bullshit version mascot legendary you just got because you don't take it on until after the evil team is done for pretty often. It should be done like BW or B2W2 more often.
>>
>>28623958
>at best tied with fucking Gen 1 in terms of catchable legendaries

>Blue
>4 legendaries

>Crystal
>5 legendaries

>Ruby
>7 legendaries

>Fire Red
>5 legendaries, none of which are new

>Platinum
>11 legendaries, at least 6 of which are not new

>SS
>10 legendaries, none of which are new

>Black
>8 legendaries

>White 2
>13 legendaries, none of which are new

>X
>6 legendaries, 4 of which are not new

All of this is not counting events or things that you'd need to trade for or things like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in HGSS.

X/Y have more legendaries than gens 1 and 2 as well as FRLG and are just barely beaten by R/S and B/W. I'd assume that Emerald has more legendaries than R/S but Serebii's Emerald legendary page is screwed up so I'm not going to bother with it.
>>
>>28625563
Yeah, I meant in terms of new legendaries.

Even in that regard, 4/6 were not new, a worse ratio than any previous game.

Also for X, you only got one legendary bird trio per savefile. So it was just Xerneas/Yveltal, Zygarde, Mewtwo, and Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. Gen 1 was Articuno, Zapdos, Molters, and Mewtwo. So 4 vs 4.
>>
>>28623167
Nostalgia is boring
>>
File: Italian Spiderman.webm (334KB, 436x184px) Image search: [Google]
Italian Spiderman.webm
334KB, 436x184px
>>28623205
>>
>>28625802
>for X, you only got one legendary bird trio per savefile

You're right, I forgot about that and fucked up my count.
>>
>>28623167
Yeah, I know right? Fuck them changing the formula in new and creative ways.
>>
Holy fuck OP is a huge autistic retard
>>
>>28626245
I'm actually surprised everyone's banded together against me. Are people that sick of gyms?
>>
>>28626346
Not sick but are very welcoming to other challenges in the game besides running through 2-5 trainers and then a gym leader eight times
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.