[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, now that we know Sun & Moon have their own pentagon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: newpentagon.jpg (33KB, 398x300px) Image search: [Google]
newpentagon.jpg
33KB, 398x300px
So, now that we know Sun & Moon have their own pentagon, is there even a reason to bring over good legendaries and your already finished competitive pokémon?

You won't be able to use any of them in the rated battles because they won't have this new pentagon that now looks like a plus/cross.
>>
>>28611736
>You won't be able to use any of them in the rated battles
Are you just assuming this?
>>
>>28611736
Complete the dex
>>
>>28611764
Rates battles only allow current "pentagon" pokemon
>>
>>28611774
And? Maybe sun and moon will allow pentagon and plus pokemon.
>>
>>28611736
>dex completion
>hyper training any that are level 100 to get easy 6IV parents for breeding new Pokemon for the rating ladder
>>
>>28611796
Fair enough, you can re-breed easily if you have great parents.

But for legendaries this sucks.
Might've spend ages to get a 5IV zapdos or some shit with a good nature and now you can't use it.
>>
I thought non pentagon mons don't count towards the dex?
>>
>>28611736
>completing the dex
>using them to play with your friends
>breeding 6IV's sanic fast
>bonding with them, if you're that kind of faggot
>>
>>28611838
Can fill the dex with any random shitmon, no need to reset until you have 5IV legendaries
>>
>>28611815
Well now you can just get a Zapdos with a good nature and Hyper Train it. It's no big deal, really
>>
>>28611736
I'll be bringing mine over for battle spot/friend battles
>>
>>28611869
So you're saying we can catch Zapdos in Sun & Moon?

Because if not then your plan falls flat.
>>
>>28611830
They definitely do. They just can't be used online or in official competitions.

Source: I transferred some gen 5 legends up to help complete my live dex.
>>
>>28611736
Unless you're playing on Rated Battles, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't ?
>>
>>28611891
I play rated battles and will also need to bring these pokémon to the official VGC when I strive to become world champion at the VGC 2017
>>
>>28611889
I'm pretty positive you can use them now, only not in VGC or Rated.

Source: my shiny Zapdos and Lando.
>>
>>28611910
I see, well good luck. Let's hope Alola has a good roster of Legendary and regular pokemon.
>>
>>28611889
>They just can't be used online or in official competitions.

Lies because I've used non pentagon mons online in gen 6??
>>
>>28611883
Well if you can't catch Zapdos, you wouldn't be able to use Zapdos in the first place on rating, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>28611935
but not in rated battles
maybe vs your friends
>>
>>28611958
Rates & official comps yes a pentagon
But battle spot/online friends you can use any.
>>
>>28611993
In official tournaments in Generation VI, as well as at the Battle Spot in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, only Pokémon with a blue pentagon can be used.
>>
>>28611736
Does that mean we can change the ball? God I hope we can get access to previous balls like DB and Apricorn Balls
>>
>>28612251
I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, elaborate
>>
>>28611830
In XY, non-penta mons will not allow you to finish the XY regional dex, meaning no Egg charm, but yeah they count towards National
>>
>>28612264
The Pokéball on the top left has that "touch me!" circle around it, like you can interact with it.
>>
>>28612309
Oh, huh...

Would be truly awesome if they let us, maybe through paying a lot of money (gotta have some money dump) change the balls our pokemon are in. Maybe make it require one of said ball + a lot of money.
>>
Do the pokemon from previous generations like 4 have a pentagon too when they get traded over to gen6
>>
>>28612534
No, that's the fucking point of the pentagon.
>>
>>28612543
What are the pentagons even for i thought they are a sign of a legitimate pokemon but there seems to be more to it
>>
>>28612575
The pentagon is a sign that the pokemon was obtained in gen 6.

Either through catching, breeding or mystery gift.
>>
>>28612309

Yeah, but it's missing a shadow, like every options button on the screen has. That leads me to think it's just a decoration, not an interactable object.
>>
Only matters for rated battles which are full of tryhard boring shit anyways.
>>
>>28612833
well yeah but then again if you don't enjoy that kind of stuff you probably wouldn't go out of your way to get 5 IV mons anyway
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.