[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which gen has the best legendaries? There is an objective answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: zytsKaP.jpg (294KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
zytsKaP.jpg
294KB, 1200x900px
Which gen has the best legendaries? There is an objective answer to this question.
>>
>>28611273
Gen 2
>>
>an objective answer to a subjective question
>>
Gen 3. Any other opinion is false.
>>
File: saladga.jpg (22KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
saladga.jpg
22KB, 413x310px
>>28611273
competitively, aesthetically as a group, or aesthetically per member, or conceptually/thematically as a group or per individual?
>>
>latios and latias
>not eon twins

>energy trio
>not tao trio
>>
I hate all of them.

Except Mew.
>>
>>28611310
competitively, it's gen 3. I don't see an argument for anything else

fug
super duper uber groudon/kyogre
soul dew latios/latias
deoxys
jirachi doing thangs
>>
>>28611273
gen 3 or 4
the regis are my favorite legendaries, and the lunar duo is really cool too
>>
File: 200px-Black_2_White_2_N.png (40KB, 200x317px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Black_2_White_2_N.png
40KB, 200x317px
DELET GENIES
>>
>>28611273
I only see the objectively worse
>>
>>28611499
What's that?
>>
>>28611273
>1>3>2>4>>>>>garbage>5>6
>>
>>28611289
this one
>>
>>28611273
4 because the whole lore around them was fully realized. This also extended into HGSS. All prior were just kinda there or had one random NPC give minor details on.

5 was whack as fuck. 6 was OK but they were just Deus Ex Machina.
>>
>>28611273
3>2>4>1>6>5

3 absolutely nailed it with the trio, and Deoxys is possible the best-designed Pokémon there's ever been. Jirachi's also my favorite base-100 mythical, it's got a badass typing and moveset and an alien or spiritual look to him, looking truly like some legendary spirit. And Latios and Latias don't look like any animal in particular while still looking organic and absolutely sick, which I admire in any Pokemon design.

My heart wants to put Gen4 in second but really only Arceus and Giratina are exemplary, and every Gen2 legend is above average, probably with the best trio, which somehow still falls underrated beneath Gen1's flaming rubber chicken and Zapdos, which is cool in concept but anatomy is just fucked up, neither of which even drawn as detailed as the Pidgey line.
>>
>>28611273
It's probably nostalgia but I've always liked Gen 2. It was the perfect blend. They all had neat lore, but they still felt like natural creatures. The scene with the beasts in the Burned Tower is one of the coolest moments of the entire series IMHO.

Gen 1 was a little too simple but still alright. Starting with Gen 3 the power levels started to increase, along with the number of legendaries. Gen 4 and 5 are just too overboard for me, between the power levels of certain Pokemon, the retarded themes some of them have, and just the sheer number of them all. One thing Gen 6 did right is trim the number of legendaries down.
>>
>>28611273
Gen 6
>>
>>28611273
2 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 5
>>
1-3 all have pretty neat legendaries. After that, they start looking pretty silly.
It's between 1 and 3 for me.
>>
4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 2 > 1
>>
File: legend.jpg (325KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
325KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>28612515
>thinks the beasts are acceptable but the birds arent
truly shit taste
>>
>>28611273
>energy trio
They're called the Tao Trio
>>
>>28611273
Genesect is the only good legendary
>>
>>28611273
I don't like saying this because "muh genwunner", but yeah, gen 1. Gen 2 is super close though.

Legendaries became fucking horrible over time.

Things like the genie trio, the musketeers and keldeo, heatran, cresselia, hoopa, volcanion, manaphy, phione, shaymin sky forme etc. are so fucking bad it's not even funny.

At least gen 7 seems to have cool legendaries so far
>>
>>28611273
>musketeer trio
Isn't it the 4 horsemen with Keldeo?
>>
Gens 4 and 5 consist of the most forgettable legendaries in my opinion. Oversaturation and all that.
>>
>>28611273
I hate all of them.
>>
>>28612838
No? The Three Musketeers was always about four people. Keldeo is D'Artagnan, the young aspiring Musketeer, the others are the three that mentor him.
>>
Gen 2:Celebi
>>
>region based on America
>has legendaries based on Japanese kami and the Musketeers
>>
>>28612515
>removing Arceus
>>
>>28611533
Gen 2
>>
>>28613134
but thats wrong
>>
>>28611273
>Weather Trio
>Not Legendary Golems
Idiot
>>
>>28611576
5 was ok with regards to Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem but yeah the Musketeers were just kind of there.
>>
Gen 6
>Great trio
>Hoopa and Volcanion are great stand alones
>Diancie has a nice Mega form
>Not a retarded amount of filler legendaries, each one has a purpose
>>
3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 4 > 5
>>
>>28613215
you have the worst taste in the history of /vp/
>>
Feel free to shit on me but Gen 4. The best lore so far and the fact that they were so deity-like is what made them feel actually legendary to me. I also really like that their design is so detailed. Another thing that makes them really stand out as legendary Pokemon instead of regular Pokemon.

My first game was SoulSilver so I was actually jelly for my brother having Platinum and he got Palkia, Giratina etc. Lugia was so lame compared to them. Sure the Lake trio and Phione are pretty shit and Heatran is odd, but the rest are more or less fine.

I also really like Gen 3, Regi trio is awesome and getting them was very fun. Deoxys is one of my favorite legendaries. I like Latios, Latias and Jirachi is the best mythical. Not to mention Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre. Great trio.

Besides Mew and Mewtwo, gen 1 has the worst legendaries imo. The bird trio is lame a shit.
>>
>>28611273
Gen 3 for design
Gen 4 for lore
>>
>>28611273
>>
I enjoy the look of all the 3rd gen legends but I did like all the hidden legends of Gen 4 even if they felt forced at times
>>
The legendaries of gen 2, 3 and 4 are the only ones that actually felt like legendary creatures.

You COULD say that about the birds in gen 1, but only because it was the first generation. Nowadays they are just there, nothing special about them anymore.

Gen5 and 6 didn't have that feeling anymore.
>>
I'd say Gen 4 with the introduction of all these religious topics. That actually makes it the polar opposite of Gen 1 with how Mew/Mewtwo are described in such a scientific manner.
Gen 4 also established actual lore that was expanded upon throughout all games during that generation.
It made a connection between three regions and their respective legends and all legendaries technically had some ort of event behind them.
>>
Maximum hipster opinions time.
Articuno is great, but can't salvage the other two. Mew is a generic fetus and Mewtwo is a great way to spot biological and mental 10 year olds.
Big dawgs are the best minor trio. Box legends and Celebi are okay, but not particularly impressive.
Base regis are ugly. Weather trio is a bit too animalistic when they should've been more abstract, but they get a pass. Lati@s and Deoxys are ok. Jirachi is the best Mew clone.
Pixies are on the lower end of passable, but still there. Creation trio is really hit-and-miss. Cresselia and Darkrai are meh. Heatran a literal turd. Regigigas is good. Arceus is good. Shaymin and Manaphy are ok. Why does Phione exist?
Reshiram and Zekrom are great. Kyurem is meh, but gets a pass from its lore. Muskedeer trio is good. Keldeo and Genies are a disaster, but salvaged by their alternate forms. Meloetta is okay. Victini and Genesect are my favorite legendaries, period.
Life Duo + Zygarde are hit-and-miss. Diancie and Hoopa are good. Volcanion is Heatran's even uglier brother.
tl;dr can't decide, but gen 1 is definitely the worst. I guess 2 for lack of weak points and the best trio.
>>
gen 2

the legendaries were all tied closely to the story and none of them were unnecessary
>>
2 > 3 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4
>>
>>28613676
if i had to rank them all though it'd be 2 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5
>>
>>28613681
yeah for the first three but 4>5>6 IMO
>>
>>28613586
>Muskedeer trio is good
that made whatever else you said invalid
>>
2>3>1>6>4>5
>>
2 and 3.

They had the only legendaries that actually felt legendary.
>>
>>28611273
I hate Gen 4 so god damn much. It's just a bunch of wank. You can tell they were running out of ideas since they raised the power levels so high.

>Gen 1
>almost no lore or mysticism, birds and Mew are natural creatures, Mewtwo is a clone

>Gen 2
>more mysticism but they all still feel like natural creatures, Lugia and Ho-oh are both symbolic, especially Ho-oh for apparently resurrecting the Beasts, Celebi also feels natural

>Gen 3
>power levels starting to rise, weather trio still feel natural, golems and the others are all interesting, Deoxys and Jirachi both cover the outer space stuff nicely, with Deoxys being the science end of the stick and Jirachi being the mystical end

>Gen 4
>power levels are way off the charts, legendaries are now literal gods controlling time, space, antimatter, Arceus is apparently the literal God of the Pokemon universe, others are starting to feel tacked on, especially Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, Heatran, and Manaphy

>Gen 5
>power levels are scaled back by necessity, main trio now represents abstract concepts like truth and ideals, even more tacked on stuff that just feels like it's there like the Kami trio and the Musketeers, Victini, Meloetta, and Genesect don't matter at all

>Gen 6
>power levels stay about the same but trio theme goes back to more natural concept of life and death on an ecological scale, number of legendaries is scaled back so less feel tacked on
>>
3, closely followed by 4.
>>
>>28611273
>healtran
>>
File: 1474165215271.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1474165215271.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>28611273
gen 2 because the game was based off a myths and legends theme

as much as i love gen 5 there were too many fucking legendaries, delete the kami trio and musketeers trio, their designs aren't that good anyways
>>
>>28613586
>Maximum hipster
While the two traits often go hand in hand, the word hipster is not a synonym for "retarded", anon.
>>
File: 1357534459630.png (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1357534459630.png
43KB, 400x400px
Why did legendary design jump the shark after the first three gens?
>>
>>28611273
Any Gen that isn't IV and V. Any other answer is automatically shit taste.
>>
>>28611273
>mew
>legendary
>>
>>28611273
1=2=3=4=5=5 tbqhwy
>>
>>28611273
I absolutely suck 10 inch cock at choosing favorites and shit on a gen by gen basis. But on a case by case basis, I think Mew duo, Lugia/Ho-oh, beast trio, titans, eon duo, weather trio, creation trio, tao bros, X & Y, and Zygarde all exude legendary, godlike qualities and good lore. They're not too shabby looking, either. Musketeers had tons of potential, a decent theme, and alright lore, but fell flat. All of the should been classified as Mythicals. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Meloetta, Hoopa all fill their respective mythical niches and questionable existence shticks quite well, though some of them could've had more fleshed out lore. Volcanion and Meloetta are shaping up to be alright as well. Can't comment on Sol, Luna, etc. just yet.
>>
>>28614504
>Volcanion and *Meloetta
*Magearna
>>
>>28613293
correct
>>
Does anyone have the tree with the legendaries' precedence?
>>
>>28611273
gen 6 if zygarde complete actually would of been a permanent forme it could access without being a fking silly zen mode clone
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.