[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen, time and again, people praise Platinum and Emerald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1465602236362.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465602236362.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I've seen, time and again, people praise Platinum and Emerald for being 'difficult'
But why? The games are just not balanced properly. Having gym leaders way above every other trainer is, objectively, just a bad designed game.
>>
shut the fuck up and go back to playing oras
>>
>boss fights are bad game design

We're approaching bait levels we've never seen before
>>
>>28609963
Getting a Zubat early on in Platinum was amazing - level 23 I got my Crobat, which carried me all the way up to Byron (and by that time anything with a Fighting move can finish the rest of the Gyms)

Platinum wasn't hard at all, Gym-wise.
>>
>>28609983
Not what I said at all. Learn how to read.

>>28609976
Why even reply?
>>
>>28609963
How would you proprerly desisn a Gym Leader, then?
>>
File: 1445327832104.png (23KB, 901x304px) Image search: [Google]
1445327832104.png
23KB, 901x304px
>>28610006
>wasn't hard
Never uttered the word 'hard'
But we all know using a single pokemon is ez mode

Your level 23 crobat can't beat this shit's ice fang
>>
>>28610008
Gym leaders should be overlevelled in order to make their pokemon harder to defeat. They are bosses.

Also the movesets of gym leaders, Cyrus and even normal trainers is mych better in Platinum than other games. Their pokemon have coverage and items
>>
I'd rather play an unbalanced game that kicks my ass unfairly than an balanced game that's easy as fuck and presents no challenge at all.
>>
The closest thing we've ever had to a hard gym fight was Volkner and Flint because they didn't rock a monotype team.

An overlevelled team just means you'll have to grind more. That doesn't make the game harder. Just more tedious.
>>
>>28610051
>An overlevelled team just means you'll have to grind more. That doesn't make the game harder. Just more tedious.

No it doesn't. It means you need to rethink your strategy. Yes, it means you'll actually have to be strategic for once. Change your lead mon. Maybe use a TM that'll help you out, etc.

Grinding is for chumps.
>>
>>28610008
because you're a giant faggot who needs attention and I felt sorry for you
>>
>>28610065
>.t never played Platinum
>>
>>28610087
not an argument
>>
>>28610123
yes, platinum is one of my favorite pokemon games

i know what you're talking about. At gyms you tend to be underleveled. But only a pussy would take that as a reason to grind.
>>
>>28610138
Yeah I could use items too, but that defeats the purpose doesn't it? I consider that cheating, might as-well not play.
>>
>>28610065
>It means you need to rethink your strategy.
It just means I'll have have to keep a mixed attacker on hand in case the leader has a dual-type in his team.

Regardless of the level scaling, monotype gyms are a cancer that should have died in gen 2.
>>
File: lets go home.jpg (44KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
lets go home.jpg
44KB, 625x626px
>>28609963
>>
>>28610130
you're still a faggot who should just stick with ORAS
>>
Platinum is one of the most balanced games. If you want bullshit difficulty see post Johto HGSS
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.