[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been on /vp/ for a few months now. What is some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: rHhY87JP.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
rHhY87JP.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
I haven't been on /vp/ for a few months now. What is some of your guy's opinions on the gnoggin/lockstin theory regarding all the alchemy, I've been subbed to him for years and I think this has been his best set of videos since smash bros is about autism.
>also like how his glasses are the skull leader's glasses
>>
>fuck I forgot
Part 3 is coming out next week according to his twitter
>>
File: a50.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
a50.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>
>>28608165
I'm guessing the board is divided?
>>
>>28608155
He definatley sold me on the fact that SM are heavily influenced by alchemy and astrology, but all the links to the previous gen are a bit too farfetched. Also it wouldn't kill him to talk like he wasn't a saturday morning cartton villain
>>
I like Lockstin and his theory, its pretty solid, he like a more tolerable and less soulless version of what Matpat has become, but his overacting in part 1 really made some people cringe, the theory itself is good and all, and he is less overacting in the other parts so thats good. Anticipating part 3 next week aswell.
>>
>watching pokemon-related content on youtube that isnt from the official channel
>>
>>28608191
Yeah he does talk pretty funny in the videos. But then again it is just how he talks. It's like complaining about vinesauce Joel's accent.
>>28608193
The acting was a but much and yeah I much prefer him to matpat, and I respect his attitude about not attacking matpat either.
>Tack that to the corkboard
>>28608215
>Looking at Pokemon content on a non official pokemon site.
>>
OP again, my general reaction to the videos was consistent of me saying "fuck you" whenever it got deeper, I hope he is right about all of this because pokemon as a series would be going in a cool direction
>>
>>28608161
Didn't he get a copyright strike from the Pokemon anime people for his Marshadow video for some reason?
Which means he can now only upload 15 min videos...
>>
>>28608155
Annoying faggot.
>>
>>28608323
It got reinstated i think since he's about to upload part 3 which will be over an hour.
>Tfw gamefreak is getting scared that the game is figured out
>>
>>28608334
At least he didn't give the Pope Undertale
>>
>>28608155
His theory is amazingly well-documented even though he grasps for straws every once in a while. The main points are very believable, though the entirety of the theory lacks in that department because of the straw-grasping. But I mean, what did you expect from an hour+ long theory anyways? Not all of it can be 100% believable.

The thing that makes me hate him, though, is his acting. Not only does it completely ruin the video and makes people unwilling to share it, it also makes many of the viewers take it much less serious, and as such many people disregard his actual documentation as well as other people's alchemy theories too, because "it's too crungy to watch" (which I can actually understand).
>>
>>28608361
Again I agree with the acting, but like he said the parts where he is grasping at straws are usually minor unimportant details just to add to the base of the theory. I wished the main theory videos were more like the other ones that are only 5-10 minuets where he isn't acting like an aspie
>>
>>28608354
Best meme
>>
>>28608323
The video got back up, so I think the claim turned out to be faulty, but he should do a dailymotion account or something, just in case youtube fucks up again.
>>
I watched his content before he made the Pokémon theories, and he's a pretty cool guy.

The SM theories are very well done and makes you question the franchise as a whole. Yes, part 1 was a bit weird, but I understood what he meant.

I also saw someone post that he didn't come up with this theory first, but a /vp/. Does anyone have link to prove this? I would love to read that
>>
>>28608437
But a /vp/ user*
Fuckshitass
>>
Good theory because it's obviously what gamefreak is doing, but he delivers it all so autistically.
>>
I like how lockstin presents actual beleiveable theories while matpat would post something like SANS IN POKEMON SM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
Since when was his name "Lockstin"? I thought it was just Gnoggin.
>>
I don't know. It's interesting, but probably not happening.
Unlike most of this board, I also like his style of videos.

Also learn how to use greentext, newfriend.
>>
>>28608524
That's TT, you are mixing up your autism
>>
>>28608546
He wanted his channel to feel more like it was "him" and not his channel. Its hard to explain but it was around the time after he uploaded the videos about being extremely depressed, you should be able to find the video still.
>>
>>28608567
yeah tyranitar tube is pretty bad too
>>
anyone wanna TL;DW his Marshadow theory? I am a lazy cunt who needs spoon feeding every now and then.
>>
>>28608155
He's dumb and autistic and it will be funny when he gets btfo.
>>
>>28608599
its pretty much how marsshadow is most likely either a dolphin, scorpion,or a wolf. The scorpion is most believable since a manticore is a lion, bat, and scorpion chimera and is the symbol for mars. I forgot the dolphin logic.
>>
>>28608155
The alchemy theory is fine and so far probably accurate, but he's far from the first or only person to think of it. In fact, he's probably mostly just regurgitating what he's read on the internet in to video format while acting like a complete retard for views.

The reboot aspect of his theory is beyond retarded.
>>
>>28608709
the reboot does make sense logically but my problem is that gamefreak and nintendo will most likely play it safe like they have the past 10 years
>>
File: 373747475.png (31KB, 104x134px)
373747475.png
31KB, 104x134px
>>28608744
>The reboot makes sense
>>
>>28608769
>instead of rebuttle why the theory doesnt make sence let me just repeat what he said to make both of us look like assholes.
>>
File: 1460156119985.png (98KB, 197x247px)
1460156119985.png
98KB, 197x247px
>>28608191
>>28608361
>>28608709
These. I'm reluctantly looking forward to part 3.
>>
>>28608806
You really need an explanation as to why they're not going to reboot one of the biggest cash cows in the gaming history? Seriously?
>>
File: 1467841693149.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px)
1467841693149.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>>28608744
>the reboot does make sense logically
>>
>>28608437
That can go multiple ways though. I do remember the alchemy stuff popping up on /vp/ first, but that doesn't mean /vp/ thought of it before anyone else. If the signs are there, then it's very likely that multiple people will come to the same conclusions independently.
Second, I don't think you'd be able to any big theory that doesn't take some aspects of other existing theories to support it. Maybe some /vp/ user posted a theory, and Gnoggin used it as a basis, but I pretty sure he put waaaay more thought and research into it than any other one person.
>>
>>28608843
>again with the no rebuttle nonsense
wouldnt giving a reboot to a series that has lost playerbase because of the same thing over and over again make sense? It would also be controversial making it a big subject and giving nintendo/gamefreak more money. Nintendo has been recently changing a lot of games formulas up too, why not?
>>
>>28608843
Well the reason gnoggin gives in one of his videos is that they want to regain the amount of sells the franchise had in Gen 1, as many did leave the franchise and a good amount played GO cause its their generation. So by rebooting the franchise to appeal to the lost fans, either more mature or going back to its roots.

So the reason he believes they may reboot one of the biggest cash cows is to make it THE biggest cash cow.
>>
The pokemon games are still some of, if not the, best selling games Nintendo has, but sure, let's toss that aside to try and reclaim the players who have moved on with their lives and no longer have any interest in pokemon at all.

I honestly can not believe I'm having this argument with living, presumably thinking human beings.
>>
>>28608958
>the success of pokemon go didnt happen
imagine that but a game that ISNT shitty
>>
>>28608958
You seem kinda smug and self assured, and while i agree with you, you have to take multiple things into account.

The biggest point is that the series has seen declining sales.

The second biggest point is that as much as it fucking pains me, turn based rpgs are viewed as outdated, especially here in the west. I have to wonder if the ATB system final fantasy adopted it what elevated it above Dragon quest here in the west, despite Dragon Quest being the king over in Japan.

However, I still dont think Pokemon is getting a major "reboot" anytime soon. But my point is that it isnt so cut and dry. Just because you're totally convinced of something doesn't mean actual thinking human beings cant see the complexity of a subject.
>>
>>28609046
[citation needed]
>>
>>28608992
>Implying the success of GO actually matters

You know what they'd do after the success of GO? They'd support it, maybe expand it, or make another similar game separately to the main series. They would not just completely toss aside the current playerbase in favour of another one when they can have both.
>>
>>28609046
I'm smug and self assured because the idea that Nintendo is going to decide to reboot the biggest cash cow they have and risk killing it entirely all because it's not giving out quite as much cash as 20 years is completely retarded.
>>
>>28609075
>>28609097
>pokemon has a playerbase and has had the same formula for 20 years so that means they would never change it
look at what mario (allegedly) and zelda are doing they are making changes to their old franchises to fit better with today. He isnt saying pokemon will be a platformer but instead just slightly different in some way like zelda since there isnt much you can add to pokemon currently without over complicating an already semi complicated system
>>
>>28609097
I also disagree about it being rebooted anytime soon. Especially if they can iterate in small ways like they have with Sun and Moon.

But the fact that it is one of the biggest cash cows in gaming is proof that it will be rebooted inevitably. Because a series that sells as much as this one can never just die and after a certain threshold they'll be pressured to alter the game mechanics in a significant way enough for people to consider it a full reboot. Or not, maybe it stays the way it is for as long as gaming is relevant.

I guess I'm just bothered by people who cover their ears and say "you guys are dumb" instead of actually contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>28609138
Well by that logic the reboot has already happened once with every generation in the series.

>>28609144
It'll get rebooted when sales actually drop to a level where it's not one of the biggest things they have. Until that, they're not going to make any changes on the level that can be called a reboot. SM is already vastly different in some ways than previous games, and things like that can continue to happen, but an actual reboot is not going to happen any time soon.
>>
>>28609177
im not talking about a super slight change either, think a bit more like FF7
>>
>>28608155
Isn't he like a a lot fatter than that?
>>
>>28609201
Well then see the second part of the post. It's too much of a cash cow to risk it like that right now.

Yes, technically it's possible for Nintendo to reboot the series, of course it is they can do what they want, my point is that they be beyond retarded to actually do so at this point.

They literally have a franchise that's printing them money, why would they risk it for no reason? It makes no sense.
>>
>>28609213
he aint fat bruh, just a little thicc.
>i wanna shoot myself for using the nigger meme
>>
>>28609233
well i respect your opinion but i still disagree
>>
File: f02.png (114KB, 680x439px)
f02.png
114KB, 680x439px
>>28608843
This is you. You are Carl the Cuck. Seriously!
>>
>>28609213
yes, fat fucks using skinny anime versions of themselves as profile pics is the new meme
>>
>>28609306
even if he is fat he is still ravashingly handsome.
>>
>>28609332
>Fat
>Handsome

Pick one.
>>
>>28609332
lockstin pls
>>
>>28609343
>>28609351
its those blue eyes man.
the thing with fat people is that some looks can be pulled off. But in general he isnt really that fat, its like scarce he isnt extremely fat just a little bit
>>
>>28609384
I disagree, he's an ugly fat fuck. Even if he weren't though, the autism and retardation would be a turn off anyway.
>>
I actually went to school with this guy, he was really quiet and didn't help out in group projects
>>
>>28609402
if he lost like 15 pounds he would be pretty damn cute. his girlfriend is happy so i guess hes doing something right
>>
I think his theories aren't half bad
>>
>>28608155
Shut up, we know it's actually you. I'll take advantage of this situation to tell you that you look like the moustache guy from Parks and Recreation.
>>
>>28609425
Sure thing, Lockstin.
>>
He is a little cute but looks like a lesbian I know...
>>
>>28609384
Who is Scarce?
>>
>>28609455
>>28609445
first why do you have the same post # and also why would lockstin even come on this cancerous place he is probably editing part 3
>>
>>28609471
One, we don't, look again. Two, why would anyone come here?
>>
>>28609469
>hey whats up guys its scarce here, today we have some crazy news, popular youtuber leafyishere scraped his knee on a rock today, isnt that just fucking crazy? we might need a double upload to cover this crazy news
>>
>>28609481
oh shit nvm i see the difference now i have autism. Idk because we are mongoloids who cant leave our computers to get pussy or do something productive
>>
>>28609486
Okay. I thought he was some poketuber or something by how many times I've seen him mentioned here.
>>
>>28608886
>>28608924
The problem with that theory is that Pokemon GO did bring in a lot of fans, but the majority of players didn't play GO because they are Pokemon fans, but because it was an entertaining, free ap. Likewise, the popularity has greatly declined since it's peak, if they wanted to really grab up the GO playerbase, they would have jumped on it when EVERYONE in the world was playing it.

As another note, the idea that a reboot would bring in a whole slough of new players because "muh gen one" is wrong, because if no one cares about Pokemon as it is, no ones going to come running back if Nintendo says "HEY GUYS, REMEMBER ALL THESE YEARS OF GAMES? WERE MAKING THEM IRRELEVANT AND STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN, COME ON BACK!" Reboots are everywhere these days, and people are getting sick and tired of them, and rebooting Pokemon would not bring any massive sales as the theory goes, because for one, people who are solely about Gen One are a small part of the fanbase, and having 600 or so Pokemon suddenly wiped away to reboot the games would piss off a LOT of the playerbase, who will just stick to their old games rather than feed into this 'reboot' It's basic logic. Not to mention, his mentality that "the majority of Pokemon fans are teens or young adults" is also not a fact, since the majority of Pokemon fans are, most likely, Japanese children, which the game is aimed at. The desperate idea of "Reboot Pokemon! Make it mature for me! Go back to it's roots of no side quests, no post game, just a gym roulette and then the league! Get rid of all those extra Pokemon while you're at it!" is a really silly one, it's like wanting them to reboot Blues Clues as a gritty murder mystery solving dog.
>>
He's a cringe worthy man-child.
>>
>>28608155

>Poketubers.
>>
>>28608155

boy needs to hit the gym
>>
File: 138554487062.png (121KB, 247x221px)
138554487062.png
121KB, 247x221px
>unironically watching "youtubers"
>>
>>28609673
truth
>>
>>28608155
Why is jontron blond
>>
These videos are a rambling mess.
>>
>>28609332
He looks like a 15-year old in a fat suit.
Also, his eyes are pretty disturbing.

>>28608155
He's a crybaby that can't except that not everyone will love his theories and that some of his arguments are just wrong.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.