[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see Stadium 3, or even Battle Revolution 2? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

Will we ever see Stadium 3, or even Battle Revolution 2?

Or does GameFreak think that the mainline games having 3D models is enough now?

I miss seeing battles on a bigger screen and I really miss the mini games.
>>
>>28606972
They would miss out on pokebank revenue!
>>
>>28607018
That can't be the reason, since we didn't get one for Black/White either.
>>
>>28606972
No, and we don't need them.
Everything that appeared in those games can now appear in the mainline series, and in some cases kind of have.
>>
>>28607070
You really don't want nicer-looking battles on a console?
>>
>>28607090
No.
"Nicer-looking battles" are a novelty, and I don't want pay $60 for a novelty.
>>
>>28607110
Agree with this anon, but I'd like to see another game in the vein of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness that features a story mode that functions like the mainline games, while retaining the "3D HD battles" novelty by including the battle mode challenges (think Battle Revolution) and online servers.

In fact, pretty much a mix of Battle Revolution and Orre.
>>
>>28607193
Maybe combine it with various Battle Frontier stuff. And minigames.
>>
>>28606972

Stadium 4, technically. Japs got one that we didn't.
>>
>>28606972
Gen 8 will be in HD so what's the point
>>
>>28607326
When will this meme end?
>>
>>28607358
What meme? It's obvious gen 8 will be in hd
>>
>>28607382
There's nothing obvious about it, chum.
You have no definitive evidence that will be the case.
>>
I just want a full console 3d experience, think stadium but with the entirety of Colosseum and XD. Sure its a dream but it's what I want. Mix the 2 games and you get perfection. It could bring a console pokemon game to grace.
>>
>>28606972
>not making a online Pokémon stadium game that incorporates a small single player coliseum-like rpg mode and full Box integration for Wii U
Clearly Nintendo's biggest mistake this generation.
>>
>>28607449
Fuck me in the ass i meant bank.
Need more sleep.
>>
>>28606972
>I really miss the mini games.
Man, same. I've always wanted a party game spinoff like Mario Party, where most of the focus is on the minigames.
>>
Honestly the stadiums make for a nice post game. I really wish they'd bring it back. Bless up NX.
>>
>>28607018
you couldn't use Battle Revolution for pokemon storage
>>
>they release a standalone 3DS/NX game that's compatible with all 3DS Pokemon games
>you can use rentals with it or your own Pokemon and battle through Stadiums (Cups that are 8 matches long with certain rules) or Facilities (more gimmicky matches that aren't so straightforward), as well as Gym Leader castle (sorted by gens)
>doing well gets you gift Pokemon, BP and so on
>Mewtwo/Rival battle successor in the form of themed legendary fights: Dialga with permanent trick room, Legendary Beasts triple battle

>if playing standalone the menus/etc are all like Stadium
>if playing with a mainline game it's more like a Battle Frontier
>>
>>28607396
I'm pretty sure the nx will have an HD screen
>>
>>28607688
You have no reason to believe Pokemon will be on the NX.
All the handheld/console hybrid rumours are just that, rumours.
>>
Requires a lot of money for high graphics but with the revenue from pokeman go they could pull it off
>>
>>28607704
But iwata said handhelds and console will be like brothers. This is obviously a hint.
>>
stadium was annoying though.

>lol attack missed 5 times in a row
>poisoned mon with only 5 HP left kills your mon
>no poison damage attached after that
>only works if you have a mon out
>>
>>28607449
I Want a pokepark 3 as well as a sequel to gales of darkness
>>
To be totally honest, a lot of the things that were in Stadium have since been done in the handheld games.
>There are now full 3D battles
>Minigames across the franchise, though they all typically served an in-game purpose
>Pokémon World Tournament had various Gym Leaders with competitive teams
>Tons of multiplayer options as it is
>Battle Tower, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, Battle Maison, etc.
>Tons of official music remixes over the years

I still think it would be nice to have a new one though. The games are getting pretty cluttered with all the stuff that has to be included in every new game to keep features from dying. An anon made a good point about this a couple weeks ago. But I think that a new arena battler should be something that makes the handheld games better, like being able to get special furniture for your room through Stadium GSC's Mystery Gift.

Let's say they made Pokémon StadiuM for Sun and Moon (get it?).
>Bring in Latias/Latios to get the Soul Dew
>Bring in Groudon/Kyogre to get the Red Orb/Blue Orb
>Bring in Deoxys to get a (hypothetical) Meteorite-N, Meteorite-A, Meteorite-D, and Meteorite-S
>Bring in Dialga/Palkia/Giratina to get the Adamant/Lustrous/Griseous Orbs
>Bring in Shaymin to get the Gracidea
>Bring in Arceus to get access to all the Plates at the in-game museum
>Bring in Victini to get the option to tutor it V-create
>Bring in Kyurem to get the Gene Splicer
>Bring in Genesect to get the Burn/Douse/Shock/Chill Drives
>Bring in Hoopa to get the Prison Bottle
>Bring in any Pokémon that Mega Evolves to get the option to buy their Mega Stone at a store

Even have Contests be in it since they'll never be relevant in the handheld games again. I wouldn't mind it if this game was just "HD battler with all the extra stuff added in".
>>
File: rjenv2o1_500.jpg (31KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
rjenv2o1_500.jpg
31KB, 500x240px
>>28607070
>Everything that appeared in those games can now appear in the mainline series, and in some cases kind of have.
>>
>>28607688
>Asked for definitive evidence
>"I'm pretty sure"
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.