[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mega evolutions >Ultra Beats >Z Moves >Alolan Forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 1465822652693.jpg (38KB, 700x710px) Image search: [Google]
1465822652693.jpg
38KB, 700x710px
>Mega evolutions
>Ultra Beats
>Z Moves
>Alolan Forms

What the fuck is Gamefreak doing? Why not simply have Alolan Raichu be Raichu's Mega Evolution? These Ultra Beats are obviously going to be usable in battle. It's Gamefreak's way of taking liberty in designing monsters that wouldn't fit the criteria for a Pokemon design, and shove them in the game anyway, classifying them as a separate species from Pokemon.
>>
>beats

Sorry about that.
>>
>>28606901
Ultra Beasts are not Pokémon, so not catcheable by a POKEball

Also, Alolan forms is the replacement for mega evolutions
>>
>>28606949
Just use an ULTRAball
>>
>>28606901
Megas, Alolan forms, and Z-Moves are GF's plan to give to all their popular Pokemon.

Alakazam, Gyarados, and Gengar got megas. Scyther is very popular but evolves into Johto Pokemon Scizor and he got a mega.

Ninetales and Raichu and possibly Nidoking get Alolan Forms.

I guess Snorlax couldn't get any so he got his own Z-Move.
>>
>>28606987
Look at Johto, it's most popular Pokemon are Ampharos, Heracross, Houndoom, and Tyranitar. Rest are less popular except starters and legendaries. All four of them got megas...
>>
>>28606949
>Also, Alolan forms is the replacement for mega evolutions

Only after one gen? What a disaster. That and the whole Zygrade thing, and X/Y having unfinished content.

>Ultra Beasts are not Pokémon, so not catcheable by a POKEball

Well yeah, sure. But I'm sure you'll still be able to have them fight for you in some way. Gamefreak never fails at shoving gimmicks down our throats. Hell, if Z Moves are our answer to Pokemon being able to have more than 4 moves, Ultra Beats might be the answer to being able to carry more than 6 Pokemon with you. A 7th...non Pokemon thing that you can use in battle.
>>
>>28606987
Isn't Arcanine more popular than Ninetales?

Also, megas have the +100BST thing. Still no idea whether alolan forms keep same BST, have increased BST or what.

I think they're trying to phase out megas desu. The concept was good (i.e. buffing up shitmons/underused mons), but the execution wasn't, so they're using alolan forms as psuedo-megas.

Ultra Beasts are a totally different thing. They will most likely be NPCs. I don't think you will have to battle them, but do some plot related sidequest to deal with them.
>>
>>28606949
>Alolan forms
>replacing Megas
You really have to be an idiot to belive that.
>>
>>28607057
Arcanine is more popular than Ninetales. But Ninetales still is one of Kanto's most popular.

I personally think there are few mega evolutions remanining for Gens 1-4. They would be conserving them for future games if they decided against new ones in Sun & Moon.
>>
>>28606949
>Ultra Beasts are not Pokémon, so not catcheable by a POKEball

We don't know that yet, Richard.

>Also, Alolan forms is the replacement for mega evolutions

This is the dumbest thing you've set yet, Richard.
>>
>>28607057
Mega Alakazam
Mega Gengar
Mega Gyarados
Scyther > Mega Scizor
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Ninetales
Snorlax Z-Move

Who remains: Lapras, Dragonite, Arcanine, Machamp
>>
Honestly, the whole thing just seems like a mess. I love Alolan forms, but between Alolans forms and Z-Moves this gen, it's overkill city. Part of me wishes they milked Mega Evolution longer...or even picked just Alolan forms or Z-Moves as this gen's gimmick.

It basically just seems like they're trying to pad out the 'dex by avoiding new Pokemon completely.
>>
>>28607185
To me, it seems like GF is trying to make it up to the upset popular Pokemon who didn't get a mega with Alolan Forms and Z-Moves.
>>
>>28606901
Alola Raichu really does seem like it should be a Mega. It doesn't make as much sense as most of the other Alola forms, plus it would be nice for it to get the 100 point stat boost.
>>
Is it confirmed that they're removing megas?
>>
>>28607185
Maybe, in Gen VIII, they will bring the spotlight back on mega evolution after three years being dormant. I mean three years could make megas seem fresher and it would be the appropriate time to have several Unova megas at one time.

They need to ditch their plans to have new megas in SM to do this even though Froslass, Slowking, and Butterfree get cucked for a total of 5 years.
>>
>>28607185
Agree with this, all these new gimmicks are unnecessary. I would have just preferred more new Megas. The concept of form changes based on environment is cool too but I would have liked it a lot better if it wasn't restricted to Kanto mons.
>>
>>28607228
Not even close.
>>
>>28607258
I think it's only being restricted to Kantomon because it's incorporating a concept for them they never got to use. Wasn't there old concept art of what looks like Alolan Exeggcutor for gen 1?

Alolan forms honestly seem like a nice bonus, and Z-moves are for mons that can't get Megas.
>>
>>28607281
That, and it's easier to redesign simple Pokemon rather than stuff like Bisharp or Golurk.
>>
Were not out of the woods yet when it comes to new megas in SM.

They had to talk about Z-Moves and Pokemon who have their own and it seems very few get their own Z-moves. Seems like were done with them.

They only announced the Alolan Raticate line for Alolan Forms this month, seems like they are saving 40-60% of the Alolan forms for release like they do with new Pokemon.

I give them one more chance to announce new megas. That will be October 1st. The month before release is when they go nuts with reveals. XY had mega Kanto starters, ORAS had Mega Lati@s, Beedrill, and Pidgeot with Soaring announced. B2W2 had PWT announced a month before.

I would imagine there are few megas if there are new ones say 10-15 depending if there are Unova megas and or Johto starters. October makes sense because there are few and Z-Moves and Alolan Forms got their spotlight.

If they skimp out on October 1st, consider your wish for new megas in SM destroyed.
>>
>>28606949
>Alolan forms is the replacement for mega evolutions
Doesn't make any sense. How can it be a replacement for something that requires a hold item? If you get an Alolan form that is meant to replace Mega Evolution AND can give your Pokemon a hold item it'd be broken as fuck.
>>
>>28607281
Or because they really want the Gen 1 fanbase to come back after they ride the hype train for GO.
>>
>>28606980
Underrated
>>
>>28607692
Gen1fag here. My cellphone is incompatible with GO. That being said, I respect the newer generations but I'll always love my gen1mons.
>>
>>28606901
Anon that image is scary. Don't post it again.
>>
>>28607665
I guess he meant replacement in the marketing field. "New" forms of old Pokemon, that get points for being both nostalgic and fresh.
It's one of few things Gamefreak picked up from Yokai Watch - "recolors" can do well as long as they're different enough from the original and Alola forms make a lot of sense within the universe of the franchise, unlike megas.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.