[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Smogon bans Swagger >Landorus isn't banned What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: 1416689126714.jpg (18KB, 178x179px) Image search: [Google]
1416689126714.jpg
18KB, 178x179px
>Smogon bans Swagger
>Landorus isn't banned
What's to say, if not that the Smogonfag are fucking retarded?
>>
I understand swagger and double team since it's just RNG. But they might ban follow me and speed passing
>>
>>28602088
>Swagger it's just RNG
Using swagger is a legit way of forcing a switch
>>
>>28602122
Swagger was banned because Klefki/Thundurus/Whimsicott spammed it behind substitutes while you were paralyzed until you killed yourself/gave it a free opportunity to attack.

"Just switch lol" gives them a free sub or a free thunder wave if you brought in a non-electric or ground pokemon. These dice roll teams were complete cancer and the move deserved to be banned
>>
>>28602206
Wasn't it because Klefki could just Foul Play your boosts too?
>>
>>28602224
Oh yeah I forgot about the most cancerous part of the set
>>
>>28602206
/thread
>>
>>28601676
Because Smogon fags have to use only the 12 strongest pokemon in the game despite the fact that swagger can easily be countered with Safeguard, a pretty common move that a lot of strong pokemon learn. Use it once and that's a swagger free five turns, more than enough time to take any pokemon down
in short, git gud
>>
>>28601676
>>
>>28602339
what is this meme
>>
>>28602336

Klefki's ability is Prankster.
>>
>>28602336
>what is Prankster
>>
>>28602206
That, or you just out-do the coin flip.
>>
>>28602358
>>28602426
>struggling against a Klefki
Take a fucking risk and use any strong fire or ground type move, its got shitty stats and itll use it on the first move giving it no stat boosts
You get an attack boost, its worth the risk.
>>
>>28602206
Just outplay the coinflip :^)
>>
>>28602436
>You can substitute over and over again until you get a free sub, giving you plenty of coinflips and you only need to win 1
>Thunder Wave means any non-Ground or Electric pokemon are pretty much doomed and will never win the coinflip war
>Thundurus/Whimsicott/Sableye can all do this too, subjecting you to a bazillion coinflip wars that you'll inevitably lose
>>28602518
Why would you leave Klefki in against a pokemon with a strong fire or ground type move? Not to mention it can just troll you with Magnet Rise if they've decided to use that, leaving fire moves as your only out against a 'mon with the best defensive typing in the game. Even if they stay in and gamble it's still a 50% chance for you to get shat on which is extremely stupid
>>
>>28602631
exactly, you wouldnt leave it out, so you force the switch meaning youre swagger free. Its not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>28602682
Except you can't exactly force the switch, the gambler can beat you easy if they are gutsy and win the coin flip. Besides, let's say you use a strong ground move- they switch to Thundurus, your ground move misses, and you're back in Swagger hell. It's not just Klefki.
>>
>>28601676
PS just got taken down. Are you happy now?
>>
can't wait till they ban all moves with a hit rate less than 100.
they'll also have to mod out critical hits and any secondary move effects like flinching.
>>
>>28603624
Clearly you should've brought a counter for Gun.
>>
>>28601676
Thank you for this thread. I missed Smogonfags vs Karenfags shitflinging. It isn't exactly what I wanted to see, but still better than nothing.
>>
>Swagger is banned
>Moody is banned
>Thunder Wave isn't
>Serene Grace isn't
>Attract isn't
>Confuse Ray isn't
>DynamicPunch isn't
>Accupressure isn't
""""""""""""""competitive"""""""""""""""" pokemon
>>
>>28603904
Don't forget good ol' Sneaky Pebbles
>>
>>28602206
>>28602224
Just add a paralyze clause and ban Foul Play (holy shit, just listen to the name of the move), then.
>>
>>28602088
pokemon is rng
>>
>>28603938
Those are stupid strong but not luck based.
>>
>>28603904
>tfw I run swagger and moody on my team
smogonfags BTFO
eat shit sneaky pebbles
>>
>>28603963
Pokemon is RNG, DT is RNG manipulation.
>>
>>28601676
Don't worry OP, someone banned Smogon from the internet.
>>
File: 1462844893881.jpg (17KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1462844893881.jpg
17KB, 320x289px
>Overused Pokémon in the Overused tier is banworthy

Someone needs to make an anti-Smogonfag bingo card.
>>
File: 1431690088422.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
1431690088422.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>>28604071
>complain about smogon being banhappy
>complain that stealth rock isn't banned
>>
>>28602206
That's because Prankster is the root of the entire problem since the ability is broken as hell.

No pokemon should have priority status moves. Ever. Smogon made this mistake with not banning drizzle/drought in 5th gen and they made the same mistake with speed boost/prankster/gale wings in this game.

The ability is broken. Not the pokemon or the move.
>>
>>28602206
>What is taunt?
>>
>>28601676

But Landorus is banned, at least from OU.
>>
>>28604189
Landorus-therian
>>
>>28604168
P R A N K S T E R
>>
>>28604268
>What is own tempo?
>What is steel type?
>What is synchronize?
>What is magic bounce?
Do I have to hold your fucking hand? This is why smogonbabbies are casuals. Use the counters you were given.
>>
>>28602224
>YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE BOBO KEYS
>>
>>28604316
>shit
>what
>doesn't apply to confusion
>poor distribution
>>
>>28603963
COMPETITIVE

JRPG

COMBAT
>>
>>28604168

Prankster has Priority. You would need a pokemon with Prankster, taunt, and a higher speed than the other pokemon just to counter this one playstyle.

Its always nice to see someone think they're smart enough to solve a problem in 10 seconds that people have played against and tested for months before coming to a conclusion. If that solution were viable, do you really think no one thought of it before?
>>
>>28604394
>Poor distribution
So you don't want to use pokemon you haven't used before? Seriously, are you fucking 8?
>muh low bst
If they can operate on a gimmick, you can counter with one faggot.
>>
>>28604421
There are 6 total Magic Bounce Pokemon.

3 of them are Megas.
>>
>>28604421
>instead of banning the shitty coin flip strategy that literally nobody likes playing against, let's force every player to use 1 of 5 fucking pokemon that has a specific ability on their team if they want to stand a chance
>>
>>28604513
>because after being countered countless times, the opponent won't change strategy against me i'll be stuck with the same 5 pokemon forever there is no hope
>>
>>28601676
Sage
Anyone who says Swagger should be unbanned is either a shitposter or an idiot.
Sage
>>
>>28604593
bump
>>
Make sure to ban all status moves while you're at it
>>
File: 1471628484636.png (216KB, 337x334px) Image search: [Google]
1471628484636.png
216KB, 337x334px
>>28604569
>>28601676

I really wish that instead of criticizing smogon people took that energy, got off their asses, and made another fan 6v6 ruleset that didn't have all of these arbitrary restrictions.

I don't believe smogon is correct. I don't believe Smogon is full of shit. But I am tired of people acting as though the game would have a healthier, perfect meta without these bans/clauses/restrictions without actually trying to fucking prove it.
>>
>>28604159
>Thinks something as devisating as swagger or minimize is not op because it has "counters"
>Complains stealth rocks aren't banned despite not being as devisating as several things that are banned and having many more viable "counters"
>>
>>28604643
Sage
>>
>>28604726
I still laugh at how 4chan doesn't understand what sage means.

If only I knew moon so I wouldn't have to spend time on a board that imports foreign concepts and then DOES IT WRONG all the time.

Using sage as a way to "insult" someone's post or thread is just completely wrong and a retarded misuse of a good feature that is so popular in sites like 2ch and Futaba. Fuck, iichan and 4-ch do it right. It's just 4chan and 4chan's lame knockoffs that fail at using sage.

The true meaning of sage means that YOUR POST isn't worthy enough to bump the thread. It's ironic, because you think that you're insulting others while you're just, in fact, insulting yourself. Yes, sage can be used when posting a derogatory comment in a thread that you don't want to bump, but posting with just the word "sage" accomplishes nothing but contribute to spamming the board. The trend of replying with the name of a tripfag and sage is even worse, as it accomplishes nothing and only serves to increase the e-penis of whoever you're "attacking".

The sage feature was never meant to serve as an implied insult or general disagreement! Why people started using it that way is beyond me. There are plenty of reasons why one would choose not to bump a thread with his reply. For example, bumping threads with stupid one liner replies should be discouraged and those people should be coerced into using sage instead.

I want to use sage, yet I almost never do it on 4chan because people will jump on me thinking I'm insulting their post or something.
>>
>>28604703
Fucking this. Every thread it's the same shit over and over again; all they do is complain and refuse to make their own tier listing.
>>
File: fuck op.png (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
fuck op.png
24KB, 400x240px
>>28601676
>>
>>28604569
What are you blathering on about? You don't think a team with a Swagger pokemon needs to use only Swagger pokemon, do you? Just having a magic bouncer won't save you, any battler can simply splash a Klefki on their otherwise normal team for instant swagger horse shit, or use a Thundurus with an otherwise normal moveset that has Swagger. Your magic bouncer only gives you a CHANCE of slapping their shit.

You anti-smogon people constantly complain about Stealth Rock, well if Stealth Rock is so OP and it can be countered completely by Magic Bounce then why do people still use Stealth Rock?

Because you can play around Magic Bounce.

I don't understand why you people are so desperate to defend your coin flipping strategy. It's not fun to play against, it's not fun to use, there's no skill in it, it's not even fun to watch.
>>
>>28604764
I know what Sage means retard. These threads are shit and get spammed all over vp to bait the autists on this board. They provide nothing of value or discussion worthy and should be saged
Sage
>>
>>28604857
>A thread where people debate and argue the nuances of competitive pokemon provides nothing of value

The fact that two anons are debating the viability of Magic Bounce as a counter to swagger and entry hazards makes this thread more tolerable than half the threads on this board at any given time,
>>
>>28601676
OMGON BANS SWAGGE
STEALTH ROCK OK
>>
File: 1468191613352.gif (2MB, 236x244px) Image search: [Google]
1468191613352.gif
2MB, 236x244px
@28604975
clockwork
>>
>>28604943
vp: wow, what a decent day. I wonder what kinds of threads I'll encounter today.
>12,697th bait thread about Smogon banning Swagger and not stealth rocks appears
vp: Not this shit again
>>
>>28604764
For one thing, sage means to lower. As to post without bumping. This actually used to work back in the day were there would be sage-bombs and age posts (age meaning to raise). you would have to use it in the email field to use it correctly. I miss #fortune

▲▲
>>
>>28604835
i was anti-smogon when i first started pokemon in gen 4. basically its just an opposing reaction to what some perceive as far too much conformity to make pokemon enjoyable. if theres something i can say to some of the people in this thread, its that

>your niche check/counter is just that, and will not only fall flat outside its intended context but is difficult to build around as well
>you're still afforded a degree of creativity, what determines whether it will work or not is your skill level
>its really not that bad
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.