[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what Pokemon needs more of? Puzzles. Not "push

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 290px-Birth_Island_FRLG.png (76KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
290px-Birth_Island_FRLG.png
76KB, 290x290px
You know what Pokemon needs more of? Puzzles. Not "push boulders while being pestered by Zubats", I'm talking real stuff like Braille or Unown, Lost Cave, etc. Shit that really makes you think. Doesn't have to be a part of the main game, of course, but side locations should require more thought than "which Pokemon should I bring to fight the annoying random encounters".
>>
>>28596771

Some sort of overlying riddle in the Main Game that appears sometimes and gets more info if you search around-- Solving it leads you to a special Legendary/Pokemon.

I'd be fine with this. Sounds dope
>>
>>28596771
Items that are hidden in unlikely places.
Remember the graffiti from G/S you add a moustache to?
Maybe if you find them and talk to certain NPCs you can unlock some sort of sidequest.
>>
>>28597057
>Remember the graffiti from G/S you add a moustache to?

Fuckin what
>>
>shit that really makes you think
What did he mean by this?
>>
The regi puzzle was pretty great
>>
>>28596771
The original Deoxys encounter was so cool, the one in OR/AS made me sick to my stomach.

This whole "just give the legendaries away dude" thing has to fucking stop.
>>
>>28596771
S/M might have some puzzles in the form of trials. For now it's all just a mystery though.
>>
>>28597095
https://youtu.be/DX-MnRXOwf4?t=43s
>>
>>28597095
i think he means the kabuto puzzle on alpha ruins
>>
File: 1401297706063.png (452KB, 1255x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1401297706063.png
452KB, 1255x1057px
>>28597121
Stuff where the solution isn't obviously apparent. Like to get through the Lost Cave in FR/LG, you count the number of rocks in the room--either 3, 6, 9, or 12--then go to the door that corresponds to the position on a clock; so if there's 12 rocks in the room, you go through the top door or Turnback Cave randomly generated rooms; go through the door with the odd pattern of rocks to reach a pillar room, and once you see 3 pillar rooms, you'll get a either get a p spoopy prize or return to the entrance depending on how many rooms it took to see all 3 pillars.
>>
I want more dungeons no one really talks about that you can just happen upon. Stuff like Seafoam Islands and the Power Plant.
There are some NPCs who mention these places, but they're usually post-battle lines and hardly anyone talks to the trainers after you beat them.
I especially want to see places like the Power Plant. Just a small off-shoot of a route you've been on only once or twice that you might not ever think to visit again.

And I hear you about the Ruins of Alph, OP. I liked the block puzzle that would unlock more stuff in the ruins. Even better is the exploration to find the routes to the other 3 block puzzles.
>>
>>28597351
...wait, what are you talking about? the layouts are symmetrical.
>>
>actual puzzles
>children's game
Pick one, also no none of the "puzzles" we had so far are any challenge and if you felt challenged you probably are, mentally
>>
I remember getting stuck in Cinnabar Mansion because it did not occur to me that i had to throw myself off the second floor into the rooms below
>>
>>28599830
What is legend of zelda and any other childrens rpg ever created including freddy fish, putt-putt, and pajama sam.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.