[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vp/ think of the Pokémon Ranger Games? Which one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (114KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
114KB, 256x230px
What does /vp/ think of the Pokémon Ranger Games?
Which one is your favorite?
For me, I'd say Guardians Signs, mostly because it's the only one of the three I actually played and finished. I left the first one unfinished and I'm currently going through Shadows of Almia.
Though I can still say that these are very underrated, wonder why there hasn't been a new one for so long, Gen V and VI came and went and there never was another Ranger Game...
>>
>>28594082
Loved the first, for some reason didn't like that much the second
>>
>>28594122
So I take it you haven't played the third one then? That one is actually really fun.
That's why it makes me sad that there hasn't been any new Ranger games.
>>
>>28594158
No, I just played the first.
I really liked the mechanic of capturing the pokemon for a brief period, and then release them in nature again.
The capture method was really fun and required skills, I still remember the boss fight against Steelix and Entei holy shit
>>
>>28594082
Just got the first one off the virtual console but haven't started it yet.
>>
I liked 2 the best, though it did have a decently irritating quest system (mostly all the ones that just made you go deep into the dungeons to get whatever unique 'mon spawned in its depths).

i played through 2 and tried to restart 3 a while back but it was just so....i dunno, it was too cutesy. with the musical islands and the ukelele pikachu and all that. not that ranger ever managed to go very dark and edgy, but it was just a weird tonal shift.
>>
>>28594320
Okay just finished the first mission with the guy's missing Taillow and the burning trees. Pretty fun so far; Being a Ranger seems like an interesting profession. I wonder if any of the Generations shorts will cover these games.
>>
underrated series. they should make more

not just mystery dungeon
>>
I remember loving the games but that's it. I barely even remember what happened in them.

I remember the Go Rock Squad though.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.