[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Scarf Ditto is literally impossible to beat, even by characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Ditto.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ditto.png
41KB, 250x250px
If Scarf Ditto is literally impossible to beat, even by characters outside of Pokémon, why doesn't every competitive team include one?
>>
>using banned scarfed ditto in competitive
It's literally above Uber
>>
i like having at least one element of randomness on my team

also i have a shiny one
>>
It's useless against anything not offensively oriented
>>
File: literally me.jpg (113KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
113KB, 600x400px
>mfw I set up substitute just before opp sends in his ditto
psssh... nothin personel kidd...
>>
>>28583207
>Ultra Beast attacks
>Ditto used Transform!
Checkmate Arceus
>>
why is scarfed ditto op?
>>
>>28583207
But scarf ditto sucks against walls and team preview makes anyone that isn't retarded to save a wall and be careful with their sweeper.
>>
>>28583892
>using
Imposter is auto. Tapu will job and Ditto will fucking wreck any UB.
>>
>>28583921
Best revenge killer in game. Love beating noobs with it, it copies stat changes as well, so I just let people freely set-up, while I throw some rocks and spikes and shit around.
>>
File: duuude.png (413KB, 517x458px) Image search: [Google]
duuude.png
413KB, 517x458px
>>28583892

This raises an interesting point. Assuming that Ultra Beasts aren't pokemon, what will happen when a Ditto uses Transform/Imposter on them?
>>
>>28585093
Nothing happens
>>
>>28585093
This is assuming you get to battle them.
>>
>>28585093
>transform failed
>>
>>28585207
>making a potential member of your team absolutely useless no latter its level
This has never happened in the main story and is completely against the spirit but hey I guess they might as well kill two birds with one stone
>>
>>28585261
>This has never happened in the main story and is completely against the spirit
No fucking duh, a pokemon is shown battling it, unless they go out to explicitly banlist pokemon/prevent them from being caught or moved into the game any gimmicky strats are going to work. Not to mention that ORAS was easy as shit
>>
>>28585261
>This has never happened in the main story
Metapod
>>
>>28583207
>Metal Powder is reverted to Gen 2 effects
>Quick Powder and Metal Powder now work while Ditto is transformed
How does the meta change?
>>
>>28585093
Why are you assuming Ditto can only transform into Pokemon?
>>
>>28585294
I don't understand. Do you mean ditto will be able to transform?
>>
>>28585309
?? You can have a metapod with something else than harden anon, just catch a caterpie and make it evolve
>>
>>28585328
Duplica's Ditto turned into a book.

>>28585331
Other than sub and a few other moves, since when hasn't Ditto been able to transform if it has the PP for it?
>>
>>28585207
>>28585113
Transform doesn't copy HP so if UB are boss battles you could be wrong
>>
>>28585358
Yeah so we agree
>>
>>28585386
I wasn't the anon who disagreed with you though.

>>28585367
Shame Ditto has shit HP but as long as the UBs aren't catchable and aren't walls/sturdy scarf gives a good chance of KO. Unless of course the opponent switches pokemon or you merely misclick and you get locked into a shit move with 5 PP.
>>
>>28583207
Why would it be impossible to beat? It's only good against offense, which always has priority anyway
>>
>>28585358
Ditto can't transform if Zoroark is under illusion.
>>
>>28585358

Putting aside that the anime and games are separate canons anyway, you can chalk many things that happened in the original anime series to early instalment weirdness.

Things that happened in the original series but we never see now:
>Appearances of real-world animals, such as the fish in the Cerulean Gym and the mongoose at Maiden's Peak
>Guns everywhere
>Pokeballs being able to capture inanimate objects, like the riceball in the Primeape episode

I'd even go so far as to say the original series is like another separate canon, with all of the inconsistencies to the more modern anime.
>>
>>28585342
Yeah
But the main story has it to where there are bug catchers who complain about metapod only knowing harden, and it's possible to catch a near-useless metapod.
We also have magikarps only knowing splash, pokemon with only ground moves known going against flying types, etc.

So yeah. Ditto might be useless against ultra beasts, and if it is, that isn't shocking in the slightest.
>>
File: 1446784152701.png (571KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
1446784152701.png
571KB, 600x563px
>>28585562
>metapod only knows harden
Yes because that's the only move they'd give to the UB.
>>
>>28585261
It's happened with ditto before though, if it's up against a zoroark whose illusion hasn't broken yet it won't transform, so it's not out of the question for them to say that transform just doesn't work against Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>28583713

It's PU anon. Literally the lowest tier.

>>28583207

Given that transform leaves Ditto with only 5 PP per move, scarf Ditto can get PP Stalled pretty easily unless it's nabbed some insane boosts, and with team preview, you'd have to be an idiot to set-up a boosting sweeper when your opponent has Ditto at the ready.
>>
>>28583207
Well I would argue that using Ditto itself is pretty useless, because we all know when Ditto transforms, it's PP is cut below half. So I would imagine it wouldn't last very long.
>>
>>28585416
>Why would it be impossible to beat?
Because /vp/ constantly brings it up in power-wank threads against characters like Saitama, Accelerator, Dr. Manhattan, Gold Experience Requiem, Future Flash, Elder God Demonbane, and Popeye with unlimited spinach. First reply "scarf impostor Ditto", second reply "/thread".
Is there seriously a pokémon programmed into the game that can't lose under any circumstances? I hope someone got fired for that oversight.
>>
>>28585581
What?
>>
>>28587691
Most dittos in battles get wrecked if they are tricked into changing into one of opponent's shitmons, lower HP or switchouts with a stuck move into another Pokemkn.

In most power level threads, 1 and 3 is not an issue. Also, any glass canons are shrekt but endurance is a problem for ditto (but revives are, well)
>>
>tfw still trying to find an imposter Ditto in a hidden grotto

Is it real?
>>
>>28585045
I remember bringing my Ditto out on Hoops Unbound on Random Battle Spot.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.