[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love Pokemon Generations because of how different it is from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-generations-main-169-en.jpg (84KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-generations-main-169-en.jpg
84KB, 578x327px
I love Pokemon Generations because of how different it is from the main anime. I mean, just look at the first episode.

It has the hero from Kanto going to every region along with his Pikachu doing everything, featuring legendaries showing up like it's absolutely normal.

Completely different.
>>
>>28580632
The second episode features an adult detective leading a police raid on the hideout of a mob boss in an attempt to bring him to justice.

Like you said, completely different.
>>
File: lookeranime.jpg (91KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lookeranime.jpg
91KB, 640x360px
>>28580737

yep

another thing the anime never did
>>
>>28580632
You know, if you oversimplify that hard, you can pretty much make any anime sound similar to the ashnime.

>Full Metal Alchemist features a young man with his companion travelling the land, fighting several people with his partner, just like the Pokemon anime!
>>
>>28580775
oh grow up
>>
>>28580789

I'm not the one who apparently can't take a fucking joke
>>
>>28580781

what's there to oversimplify? The first Generations short is basically just a hypercondensed tour through both regions.
>>
>>28580831

*all regions
>>
File: 1357106060898.png (617KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1357106060898.png
617KB, 720x540px
>>28580737

Five minutes won't do, i like the idea and concept, but they could make something great as a proper show instead of just small segment

It's just teasing to what could be pretty neat. In the meanwhile, Ashnime features a little girl happily killing a man while this has nothing for itself just yet
>>
>>28580831
Because there are clear differences between the ash anime, and Generations.

Ignoring things like length and time aired, the ash anime is heavily geared towards kids both in tone and plot structure. It's very simple, it's usually a Point A to Point B sort of deal with very little world building. Generally people will point to obscure elements in it to point the contrary in defense of it, but in general, it's a saturday morning cartoon at heart.

Generations so far is featuring mini stories each episode from different perspectives that follow the already known plot from the games. It's tone is also completely in line with the "for everybody" feel with the games-- generally a kid friendly version of the real world with light implied serious undertones. The world feels slightly more alive, with just the smallest touches (things like the Pokemon SWAT having a Magnemite trained specifically to disarm locks). Assuming the general structure stays the same throughout, the short time limit means they have to pick a really specific small story to tell that tells a lot with very little.

Sure the Ash anime had Looker and a Pokemon trainer travelling through out multiple regions. That's because they both come from the same source material. Of course the overarching general "It's a Pokemon adventure with Pokemon characters" will apply, but the specifics are way different.
>>
>>28581001

the police use Pokemon to help them solve their problems? Why, that's completely different from the anime. What a great use of lore and something nobody ever once came up with. Generations is so creative, touching on never before seen territory.

Pokemon Special did all of this stuff too, even.
>>
>>28581056
See, there you go again.

No shit the police use pokemon. They used them in the games too. The specific idea of using an appropriate Pokemon for a very specific task that would be directly necessary for an in-universe SWAT team shows that the creators are actually trying to put themselves into the world for a second and think "so what would they do?"
I'm sure you can probably find some obscure ass episode where Officer Jenny uses a Klefki or some shit to unlock a door, but compared to the amount of times that they do something nonsensical for their situation, it really doesn't cut it.

If you can't tell the difference between the two, then I don't know how to help you.

Also, the Pokemon Special was great for sticking to the tone of the game. Satoshi Tajiri himself even said this.
>>
>>28581158

I'm making fun of the fact that this doesn't actually fucking do anything new, genius. I mean you're gonna fall all over it to praise it, but it's really just kinda typical.

It's not even accurate to the games because Looker somehow lost all of his personality.
>>
I just hate the "Red is God" ideal that keeps showing up everywhere.
>>
>>28581245
>I'm making fun of the fact that this doesn't actually fucking do anything new, genius.

Well then why are you posting in a thread starting with:

>I love Pokemon Generations because of how different it is from the main anime.

Without clarifying otherwise? The OP directly compared Generations to the main anime, and nothing else.
>>
>>28581300

Red is actually the least impressive protagonist

>no proof he caught them all
>no proof he caught anything that were either gift Pokemon or forced encounters in Yellow
>he didn't even actually take down Team Rocket, Ethan and Lyra did
>the Pokemon league is his one accomplishment you can prove, which is just like five guys, not an all out tournament like in the anime
>>
>>28581326

I am the OP. The original post is a fucking joke making fun of Generations and how everyone says it's so "fresh and new" when literally everything in it is a retread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.