[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit why was the transfer method from Pearl/ Diamond/ Platinum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: poketransfer.png (13KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
poketransfer.png
13KB, 256x192px
Holy shit why was the transfer method from Pearl/ Diamond/ Platinum to B/W so goddamn convoluted?
>only 6 at a time
>have to do a dumb mini game each time

I recently found my old Pearl game and have a bunch of Mons I want to take over to my Y but I have to do this bullshit first before I can
>>
>>28579259
I cant wait to have to do this after I beat this run of White 2.
>>
File: 3010238.jpg (698KB, 1273x900px) Image search: [Google]
3010238.jpg
698KB, 1273x900px
>>28579259
>tfw remembering the hellish process of transferring my 'mons from Sapphire to Platinum to White
Jesus Christo, it makes me think back to the days of Stadium 1/2 and how fucking easy and fast it made transferring your Pokemon.

Game Freak literally just get worse and worse.
>>
>>28579259
Because the DS was a shitty console. It was not very capable and it did not have the proper infrastructure for something like Pokemon Bank.
>>
>>28579259
Better than the 6 a day in Sinnoh
>>
>>28579947
>having to constantly abuse/reset the clock on the DS when trying to transfer all of your Pokemon
honestly what the fuck were GF thinking
>>
>>28579989
Well they fixed it in Johto
>>
>>28579259
>I had to transfer my living dex with this piece of shit

Took me two goddamn weeks, fuck
>>
>>28579689
Transferring in gen 1 and 2 was literally just trading. You had to make sure to bring only 100% gen 1 compatible Pokémon with you and trade one at a time via link cable, meaning it took a lot of time and trade fodder. Sure, you could buy an n64 and a full priced game and transfer your Pokémon that way much easier, faster, and simpler, but that functionality isn't built into the base games. Gen 4 is probably the gen that came closest to getting it right. Put the GBA games in the GBA slot, and transfer them in. It's dumb they made you recapture them, and absolutely retarded that you were limited 6 'mons per day, but it was simple compared to gen 5's transfer, and only required one console. Transferring into gen 6 and 7 via Pokémon bank is probably about as simple as using Pokémon stadium, but you don't need a seperate console and game to do it. At 5 bucks a year, it'd take 14 years of membership to match the MSRP of 69.99 for Pokémon Stadium 2 back in the day, and you don't need to keep the subscription going if you just plan to mass transfer inbetween gens and not use the cloud storage.
>>
>>28579947
Yeah, Sinnoh was way worse. With BW you just had to spend 40 seconds playing a minigame, at least you didn't have to go running around looking for your own Pokemon.
>>
>>28579989
Not to mention that starters and legendaries had abysmal encounter rates.

In all honesty if I were to rate the transfer methods it would have to be

Bank > Gen 5 > Gen 2 > Shit > hacking your old mon into gen 3 > Gen 4
>>
>>28579689
You're kidding right? Pal Park was a chore yes, and the Poke Transporter for Gen 4 to 5 was convoluted, yes, but manageable.

Gen 5 to 6 is so piss easy in comparison, just load up PokeTransporter, transfer to Bank and boom, done.

Best part its you could do 30 a time instead of 6. Now 6 to 7 is going to be dream-like thanks to Bank.
>>
>>28581716

Is there a reason Poketransporter wasn't programmed to work with the gen 4 games?

Just curious if anyone knows the technical reasoning behind it.
>>
>>28581752
I don't remember but I'm pretty sure it was laziness on part of GameFreak.

"Why should we make this compatible with Gen 4 games when everyone's playing Gen 5, lol."
>>
It's better than Gen III to Gen IV

>only 6 at a time
>ONCE PER DAY
>bullshit wandering around in tall grass hoping that they show up unless you cross reference an online resource guide

and people say Pokemon Bank isn't worth $5/year
>>
>>28581752
Because the Gen 5 games had some degree of compatibility with the 3DS system which is why the dream radar could happen. It would require gen 4 games to be patched for them to be compatible.
>>
>>28579259
It was even worse.
>>
hack your 3ds, dump your pearl save and use pkhex to convert the pokemon to gen 6 and inject
>>
>>28581979
How do I hack senpai, spoon feed me
>>
>>28582028
be on 10.7 or below firmware and downgrade with this guide to get CFW
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

or be on 11.0 and setup homebrew, I don't think 11.1 works for anything right now
>>
>get homebrew
>rip pearl save with TWL save tool
>back up your gen 6 save
>put both on PC
>convert all your gen 6 format with pkhex
>dump them in your gen 6 save
>rewrite your gen 6 save with the new one

Takes like 10 minutes, and maybe another hour if you haven't set up homebrew.
>>
TWLsavetool, thank me later.
>inb4 its not the same because no trading or mine game, wah
>>
Just to confirm, transfering from SoulSilver to Black, you can use two 3DS systems, right? They don't have to be regular DSes?
>>
At least just have Sinnoh remakes in Gen 7
>>
File: 1449304446976.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449304446976.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>28582179
it works with 3ds

go into download play on the 3ds home menu
>>
File: IMG_20160916_212653.jpg (797KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_212653.jpg
797KB, 2560x1536px
>>28582071
>>28582127
I started playing Platinum and decided to cheat in a living dex.

I've just beaten the first gym and plopped them in my PC boxes and decided to go to Rowan to unlock the National Dex.

Is he suppose to be missing/away at a different place at this point in the game or did I make a thing happen at a point it shouldn't? Or am I just unable to unlock the National Dex at this point?

The last time I played Gen 4 was Pearl when it was released. I can't remember too much.
>>
>>28579989
You can't reset the clock, it will just lock you out of transferring for 24 hours.
>>
>>28582286
You can but you have to set it to like 11:59 so it ticks over an resets.
>>
>>28582305
Nope, it's 24 hours, not a "day".

However, there does seem to be a glitch where if you sync the time to a GBA game you can migrate from a different GBA game without waiting.
>>
>>28582285
he is at the north entrance of jubilife city, waiting for you to help him with some galactic grunts
>>
>>28579259
Your Pokémon are shit.
>>
>>28582444
Bitchin', I'll check soon.

Thanks bud.
>>
>>28582194
will probaly be released in 2017 as the 3ds last hurrah
>>
File: 1396224975995.png (155KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1396224975995.png
155KB, 520x853px
>>28579689
>caught every Shadow Pokemon on Colosseum and purified them
>have to trade them to emerald
>have to dig through wires to find the proper cable
>but to do that you need to catch 46 shitmons and trade them 6 at a time
>then trade them up to gen 4, where it's 6 at a time (or 6 a day if not on HGSS)
>then run around a bunch of areas while you forget what the hell the 6th pokemon you sent up was, which happens every time
>then get out a second ds and send them to BW/BW2
>then play Pokemon Shooting Gallery
>then dump a box in bank
>but only one box at a time
>have to move the entire box before sending the rest
>put in gen 6 game and how finally they can go into the pc

I'll kill myself if they make you do a minigame in SM. Thankfully i doubt that'll happen
>>
File: 250px-XD_JP_boxart.png (177KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
250px-XD_JP_boxart.png
177KB, 250x352px
>>28579259
I give no shit about Pal Park and and the damn transfer game, i hate how you need to have 2 of the same console to trade with yourself. it was a lot better when the orre games were there so you could trade with yourself with the pleasure of owning console and handheld
>>
>>28584729
Well, by the time BW2 came out you could use a 3ds, and i think BW1 came out around the same time as the 3ds. Still sucked.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.