[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has definitely not settled at all, what�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 16

Now that the dust has definitely not settled at all, what's your opinion on Pokémon Generations so far? GET IN HERE, VOTE
http://www.strawpoll.me/11237945/
I liked it. It made me happy and looked gorgeous.

What did you like, what did you not like? What are you hoping to see animated?
>>
>>28571399
Intro ep was shit. Too much for one short, and a waste of an episode.

Looker one was great until Giovanni had to cheese it up at the end.
>>
Cucks are ungrateful. They ask for non-Ashnime shit and they get it and they still complain. Even when their MUH RED REPLACING PROTAGONISTS paranoia got BTFO they still whine.

I enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy it.
>>
>>28571493
>until Giovanni had to cheese it up at the end.
I'd like someone to confirm this, but aren't his lines straight from the game?
>>
>>28571399
It's meh at best
I didn't like the voice acting, but I shouldn't have expected anything decent from TPCi
I liked the magnemite tho
>>
>>28571630
I liked Looker's voice actor better than Griffith, but the rest was standard terrible voice acted TPCi shit, so my opinion is alone the lines of yours here.

Generations is pretty meh so far. Ep 1 was shit, Ep 2 was better, but mediocre.

>>28571493
This. All of this.
>>
>>28571555
I'm not sure, but Giovanni's dub VA in this phoned in it the way a DuArt anime VA would: lifeless and wooden performance.

Generations has some pretty mediocre-poor quality voice work so far.
>>
>>28572125
Giovani's voice has always sounded lifeless in these special episodes. It was exactly the same in origins.
>>
>>28572157
His Origins VA was pretty good, actually, but this Generations VA is shit.

"All the Pok-uh-mon"

Ted Lewis is still the best Giovanni dub VA, though, I'll agree there.
>>
Like I've said before, as long as the ashnime remains boring kiddie shit I will always like spin-off adaptions like Origins and Generations.
>>
>>28572216
Origins > Generations so far, though, by miles.

Ashime, older seasons > newer seasons.
>>
>>28571493
>having such shit opinions
>>
Nothing happened, the police were totally inept and nothing happened.

It was dull.
>>
I loved it simply for that one part where the guy reaches for what seems to be a gun and it ends up just being a Pokeball.
>>
>>28572216
>this isn't boring kiddie shit
There are only 3 minutes of footage and nothing happens. All that's interesting about it is that it breaks continuity a little.
>>
Too short to really tell any meaningful story but I liked the way it portrayed the Pokemon world in the second episode.
>Magnemite hacks the door open
>Machamp's in the police team
>>
its meh really. hopefully the next episodes are better or this going to be tedious.
>>
>>28571399
Exceeded my expectations. It was great.
>>
>>28572306
I was more entertained by that 3 minutes than the last 300 minutes of Pokemon XYZ

Well, I can't say that totally. I did enjoy seeing Ash lose again.
>>
>>28571399
It's like a tech demo.
It's a bunch of ideas of ways they could have made scenes play out in a good movie, but instead they decided to just put them as individual scenes to prove that they *have* these ideas, they just don't know how to use them.

Also fucking 360p.
>>
>Looker portrayed as competent and needs no help from young children
>>
Why the fuck is it 360p?
>>
>>28572378
so they can sell you the eventual bluray
>>
>Generations
>3 minute "episodes"
>expecting quality work

I like them as shorts (I appreciate an animated series focused on in game events), so I'm not gonna freak out if muh voices aren't great
>>
>>28572125
>Generations has some pretty mediocre-poor quality voice work so far.
You're wrong
>>
>>28571555
No, Giovanni disbanded TR willingly in the games. And in Origins for that matter.
>>
>>28571399
Sasuga /vp/
As expected, the haters are a minority, ashnime onlyfags probably too
el-oh-el
>>
>>28572427
Looker's voice is good, but Giovanni's is terrible.

Also, NOT looking forward to JYB, JYB-ing it up, with Blue in a future episode. Can the man do more than one voice besides for kids at all these days?

>>28572344
If you hated XYZ, you'll despise SM, from what the trailer showed us.
>>
Better than origins. But origins was shit, so...
>>
File: giovanni.png (271KB, 1537x791px) Image search: [Google]
giovanni.png
271KB, 1537x791px
>>
>>28572455
Looker's the only one with a good dub voice, though, the grunts sound OK, but Giovanni and Pikachu sounded TERRIBLE. It's mediocre voice acting, sorry, not sorry.

>>28572466
I hate the Ashime and I hate its dub even more, but Generations is a mixed bag so far. It's better than the Ashime, but that's not saying anything, even Origins was better than this so far.
>>
>>28572481
>This shit taste

Generations is even worse than Origins so far. Episode 1 was complete & utter shit, even worse than the Ashime.
>>
>>28572492
Origins Giovanni > Anime Giovanni > Generations Giovanni

Ted Lewis > Jamieson Price > Craig Blair > Generations VA

You know this is true, don't deny it.
>>
>>28572466
Here's your 4chan 101: negative voices are a mintority, but they are a loud minority. You might think /vp/ hates the shit out of Generations, but that's only because those who do like it don't feel like posting it everywhere and making threads about it. Voicing negative opinions is generally a more urgent need for people, specially here.
>>
>>28572547
>Generations VA
Richard Epcar
>>
it was boring

especially the second one. It was tedious, we didn't really learn anything, and in their effort to appeal to older audiences, Looker lost everything that made him entertaining. He's just your generic fucking cop.

I'm sure people will eat this up due to being more "serious" and targeted to "older" fans, but it was just flat, uninteresting, and dull. They could have done something that expanded on either Giovanni or Looker's histories, but instead we got something that was either generic or reiterated what we already knew.
>>
>>28572563
I wasn't sure if it's Epcar 100%, but I'm sure that it's him now, he's easily the worst English VA for Giovanni so far. Which is sad, since Epcar has been based elsewhere, TPCi curse of phoning in VA work hit him hard.

>>28572557
I don't HATE Generations...I just don't LIKE it: I'm meh on it right now.
>>
I liked the part with Magnemite. And "Team Rocket will never die" love to hear that.

Of course I wish Pika was fat and the voice acting was good, but that's expecting the impossible. But it's a good vehicle for some cool battle animation. I like that they're bringing characters from different games together, makes me hope we'll see a lot of old faces in SM.
>>
>>28571399
Much better than expected
>>
>>28572620
What were you expecting, exactly? Episode 1 was the worst of the worst, and 2 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>28571399
Has there been any news at all on a Japanese version? The shitty voice acting needs to go.
>>
>>28572641
Not yet, but yes, these days watching Pokemon in Japanese has become a necessity because TPCi are atrocious when it comes to voice acting in general.
>>
>>28571399
NEW POLL! VOTE NOW:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11238479/
>>
>>28572584
And that's okay, discussion is fun. That's what the poll and the thread are for, so it's all fine.
>>
What's the schedule of these shorts again?
>>
>>28572576
>it was boring
Shit opinions
>>
>>28572753
Thanks.

VOTE NOW!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11238479/
>>
>>28572635
Not that anon, I was expecting utter shit Red pandering shorts but it seems like all of that is contained in episode 1

I was going to avoid this, but then I saw a webm of Probopass vs Pikachu
>>
>>28572784
>"""""episodes""""""
These are like glorified trailers.
>>
>WAHHH WAHHH RED IS GOING TO KEK ALL OF MY FAVORITE PROTAGONISTS FUCKING GEN WUNNERS THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUCKING BAD I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES WILL HAVE TO WATCH SUCH AN ABOMINATION

>it's actually ok

Huh, almost makes you believe this board is made up entirely of overreacting children.
>>
>>28572765

Yes, is watching adults wander around in an empty building finding nothing is super fucking entertaining
>>
>>28572860
Best part is Red's probably only going to appear in the intro episode and the Blue episode.

All that whining for fucking nothing.
>>
>>28571399
way too short to be good. it was pretty much fucking nothing
>>
It was meh, and I mean really fucking meh. It was like one of the most boring scenes from the actual anime except it didn't have any payoff or relation to anything. Nothing happened at all, the animation was unimpressive and the voice acting was completely forgettable. But people will say it's so good because it had Red in it instead of Ash I guess.
>>
>>28572325
The Magnemite hacking the terminal was pretty cool tbqh
>>
So is Zygarde complete forme in Kalos?
>>
>>28572860

Let me know if there's a chance those other protags will actually show up, then

If he's all that shows up, even Red in one episode is too much Red
>>
>>28572831
True, but it seems /vp/ believes Episode 2 of Generations > Episode 1 of Generations.

I actually agree with you guys.
>>
>>28572455
Compare these voices to even the lowest quality western cartoon. Dub VAs (Not even sure if I should use a plural, all of them sound like white 20-something mouthbreathers) are fucking painful to listen to.
>>
>>28573356
Well, TPCi Dub VAs are some of the worst of the worst English VAs even by dub standards, so that's also a factor in why they suck.

Only Looker had a good dub voice so far, really.
>>
>Probopass scene. Everything about it including Regigigas
>The Noivern battle scene
>Magnemite shorting the door
>The break-in sequence
>that cliffhanger at the end
Aside from Giovanni being too monotone and other parts of the intro being meh tier among other things this turned out alright for a group of small weekly shorts. The magnets really stole the show, though.
>>
>>28572427
Are they being released weekly, or daily?
>>
It's literally nothing.
Come back to me when they make something substantial out of this, but they probably won't since Pokémon fans don't have standards. Example: Delta Episode's reception outside of /vp/.
>>
>>28573502
Daily until the 23rd. Only episode I'm dreading is Bosch same-voicing Blue.

>>28573522
Pretty much: that's how the Ashime has gone on for 20 years.
>>
>>28571399
It's really interesting to see how a swat team operates in the Pokemon world, even if it does look pretty goofy. I'd like to see more stuff like this.
>>
>>28573660
No, they're weekly.
>>
>>28572325
Yeah, it'd be cool if this series showed us more aspects of living with Pokemon than just training them, but I doubt it'll go that direction.
>>
>>28572459
>No, Giovanni disbanded TR willingly in the games. And in Origins for that matter.
And then FRLG and HGSS retconed it, deal with it.
>>
I always liked team rocket and I like them even more now. I hope the next episodes make the other teams more appealing to me.

Episode 1 seemed like a waste of time honestly but episode 2 made for everything. I don't see how anything can top episode 2. I'll happily eat my words though.
>>
File: Archer sucks.png (300KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
Archer sucks.png
300KB, 500x415px
Will he get his own short?
>>
>>28571399
Wait, so NOBODY knew who the Viridian Gym leader was? How does that make any sense?
>>
File: 1474050403339.gif (167KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
1474050403339.gif
167KB, 160x144px
>>28573909
>>
>>28573936

It being in the games doesn't make it magically make sense
>>
File: 1471404790792.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1471404790792.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>28573909
>the viridian gym leader was Giovanni the whole time
>>
>>28573936
So, did the Pokemon League give a league position to a man they didn't know? Did Giovanni wear a mask or something?
>>
>>28573711
Oh, so it's through Dec. 23rd...well, that's actually much better than I thought Generations would be.

That means since we get 2 a week according to this pattern, we'll be getting...11 more at least, one for each week.
>>
>>28573356
Anime dubbing is treated as such bottom-barrel work respected actors would never dream of doing it, and former dubbers want to keep it off their resumes because it just makes them look worse to potential employees. It also pays like ass and the directors are usually incompetent fucks because good directors likewise have more respectable and better paying things to do. This is why dubs are usually so bad and so filled with the same handful of faggots.
>>
>>28571399
3-5 minutes is too short.
>>
>>28573966
>>28573936
They could have done it differently in this short to avoid this dumb thing from the games.
>We recently discovered that the leader of Team Rocket was none other than respected businessman and Gym Leader Giovanni. We're currently seeing if we can find any leads on-
>Sir! We just got word that Giovanni returned to th Viridian Gym!
>What? Why would he do that? He must know we're keeping an eye on the place. He must be up to something, let's go team!
>>
>>28573909
Viridian is a little town in the middle of nowhere. Giovanni chose it specifically for that reason. There were probably rumors That Giovanni was the leader of team rocket but he either payed everyone off or the town knew that the gym was the only economic resource and point of interest in the town so they didn't report him.
>>
>>28574053
What about all the trainers that need to get all 8 Gym badges in order to challenge the League?
>>
>>28573356
>>>>Johnny Test

You reap what you sow.
>>
>>28573995
No it was only 2 for the first week or so. It's 18 shorts total apparently
>>
>>28574076
All two of them?
>>
>>28574084
Oh, okay, thanks for that.

>>28574035
TPCi dubs have voice actors so poor you rarely see them acting in anything else, too, they're some of the lowest of the low.
>>
The fact that the intro was just Not!Ash presumably filling out his Pokedex is fine by me; I was worried we're getting Redventures but it's more like 'brief look at scenario'. The Looker episode was neat; it was pretty much 'how do Pokemon affect [aspect of normal life']. Using Machamp to knock down walls and Magnemite to open electronic doors is very satisfying.

>>28572325
This exactly.
>>
Wouldn't it make more sense for Porygon to be the one to hack the door?
>>
>>28574129

yes, such never were's like Todd Haberkorn and Jason Griffith, who never act elsewhere
>>
I just now noticed the dub of Episode 2 had Looker call the Viridian Gym the "Verdian" Gym & they all kept calling it "Pok-uh-mon" again.
>>
>>28574158
The worst part is Todd Haberkorn and Jason Griffith are some of their better VAs, actually, that's how low talent TPCi really is.
>>
>>28571399
First one was dog shit

Looker was great, but Giovanni being evil again was lame
>>
>>28574379
>Giovanni being evil again was lame
They're being loyal to the canon of the remakes, HGSS hat and everything.
>>
>>28574379
>again
I don't think he was ever "good" to begin with. If you all are talking about Origins, I think this is a slightly different universe. I mean it because, while Red's design is the same, his starter is Bulbasaur, he catches Pikachu before his first badge, Blue/Green's clothes are way different at the league, Pikachu's design, and some other minor stuff.

The fact that TR isn't dismantled is a legitimate complaint. But I don't get the whole "why is he evil again?" thing.
>>
File: TPCiDubbingWorseAgain.jpg (16KB, 639x100px) Image search: [Google]
TPCiDubbingWorseAgain.jpg
16KB, 639x100px
I honestly agree with this regarding Giovanni's dub voice. Richard Epcar is probably the worst English VA he's received to date.
>>
All you predictable fuckfaces do is say everything sucks,
>>
I didnt like it as much as i thought i would
>>
>>28574563
Why would lugia randomly fly through a town?
Why would a volcanrona be in the same area as landorus?
>>
>>28574563
It's not bad like the Ashime fags pretend it is, but it's not good like the people who brag about it are, either: Generations is just meh.

The voice acting is hit or miss as well in the dub, and there have been several mispronouciations:

The bad about the dubbing:

- Viridian City is not "Verdian" city, nor is Pokemon called "Pok-uh-mon," either.
- Richard Epcar is a terrible Giovanni, even worse than Craig Blair, and Pikachu's voice squeaks too much.

The good:

- Looker's dub voice is good and fits his character.
- It's nice to have less NYC/DuArt crap and have some competent Viz/LA dubbers in charge of this.
>>
>>28574629
I don't even a little bit care. I'm a fan of pokemon.
>>
You faggots watched it with the intention of hating it.
>>
>>28574665
Kinda hard to hate something only 3 minutes long.

Also that nostalgis fagginv at the beginning of the 1st episode pissed me off but that was it
>>
>>28574665
I didn't. I came in with a fresh mind, and I'm going to reiterate my opinion on it: Generations, so far, is meh. The first episode was garbage, and the second one is mediocre (it was decent, until monotone Epcar Giovanni phoned it in and cheesed it up).

This is all I have to say so far:

It's not bad like the Ashime fags pretend it is, but it's not good like the people who brag about it are, either: Generations is just meh.

The voice acting is hit or miss as well in the dub, and there have been several mispronunciations:

The bad about the dubbing:

- Viridian Gym is not "Verdian" Gym, nor is Pokemon called "Pok-uh-mon," either.
- Richard Epcar is a terrible Giovanni, even worse than Craig Blair, and Pikachu's voice squeaks too much.

The good about the dubbing:

- Looker's dub voice is good and fits his character.
- It's nice to have less NYC/DuArt crap and have some competent Viz/LA dubbers in charge of this, but I wish they wouldn't phone it in like this. They put more effort into the Origins dub than this.
>>
>>28574650
>being a fan means sucking as much of pokemon dick as possible
>>
>>28571493
>Looker one was great until Giovanni had to cheese it up at the end.

The entire episode was cheesy. Pokemon cannot be taken seriously.
>>
>>28574749
That's how this fandom is: you have to continuously blow Pokemon's dick and not think for yourself about things.

My opinion on Generations so far is meh, Episode 2 > Episode 1, and the dubbing is mediocre at best currently.

But hey, thinking for yourself and not being a sheep, that's hard to do in the Pokemon fandom.
>>
>>28574723
This. This fag gets it.
>>
>>28574776
I could take Origins and the first few Anime seasons seriously. I could take this seriously, too. The problem for me is that Generations is too rushed. This is a lot better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjXPkc_rBo
>>
>>28574919
Anime before TPCi came along > Origins > Generations > Anime since TPCi came along, honestly.
>>
File: 1371778694410.jpg (92KB, 938x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1371778694410.jpg
92KB, 938x1041px
>>28571555
>I'd like someone to confirm this, but aren't his lines straight from the game?
Yes, but after you defeat him at Silph Co. He completely changes his tune after his final defeat at the Viridian Gym.
>"Having lost, I cannot face my underlings! Team Rocket is finished forever! I will dedicate my life to the study of Pokémon! Let us meet again some day

Just a teensy bit different from his line in the show.
>>
>>28574810
I didnt think generations was just going to be a mishmash of random plot points from the games.
The action is ok but like i want some substance from them or else its just THINGS STUFF EXCITMENT!!!
>>
>>28574810
I can smell the amount of Gen 6 hate threads you post in from a mile away.

But honestly why all this hate for episode 1? It was supposed to be an intro and it was okay. Could have been a lot better since it was pretty inconsistent with the games, but it had some good parts like Probopass and Noivern's scenes.
>>
File: image.png (680KB, 697x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
680KB, 697x572px
>Illegally poaching Pokemon
>>
>>28573807
>And then FRLG and HGSS retconed it, deal with it.
Wrong
>"My old associates need me... We will not repeat the failure of three years ago! Team Rocket will be born again, and I will rule the world!"
>"You have a certain look... It reminds me of the kid who stood in front of me three years ago... You have the same eyes... I'm on my way to Goldenrod City to answer the call and join my team. Are you going to get in my way?"

It's heavily suggested he has a changed outlook on Pokemon especially in context with his previous lines, note how he says my team, they won't repeat the same mistakes.
>>
>>28575046
Richard Epcar is an unexpectedly awful Giovanni, though, the voice acting really has tanked in the English dubs ever since TPCi came along about a decade ago.

Origins was the only time I've enjoyed the acting post-4Kids, but these Generations shorts are done by the LA crew, and they're completely phoning in their voice acting.

>>28575048
Same here: no touching moments, either, just all mindless action so far. Granted, Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, but nothing of substance here at all so far.
>>
>>28575078
I'm okay with Gen 6, but it's nothing special to me.

It's so dull outside of the Regigigas and Zygarde scenes for me, and it has no substance or plot: it's just seeing Red's Pikachu battling random Pokemon in regions for 3 or so minutes. Nothing resonated with me at all, desu, there was no substance. Episode 2 of Generations had more, but was far too short and half assed dubbing made it mediocre for me.
>>
>>28575115
Selling pokemon is illegal. The only legal method for exchange of pokemon is gifting or trading. A lot of trades include item bribes like nuggets but those are usually hard to trace.
>>
>>28575152
Someones probably mentioned this already. But when the swat team are using pokeballs they are all big a fuck. Shouldnt the pokeballs be small at 1st and then get bigger when they push the center part?
Just a little detail i nitpicked.
>>
>>28575025
This is honestly how I feel as well. Generations needs a lot of work...it's not as bad as the Ashime has become, but it's got nothing on Origins or older Ashime pre-TPCi dubbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igvw_2A-Ijs
>>
>>28575194
For me it felt fine since I get the feeling it was supposed to show lapsed fans the gens they had been missing while giving some small throwbacks to current fans.

Even if it wasn't an awesome scene, the Vigoroth one felt nice too.
>>
>>28575283
I wish I knew, but I didn't mind that vs. the voice actor for Looker calling Viridian City "Verdian" City. I know all the dubs so far have made various errors, but come on, I expect the LA dubbers to pick up on crap like this and "Pok-uh-mon," this is stuff I expected them to avoid this time around.
>>
>>28575313
I suppose that's a good point, but it's really forgettable garbage in the long run, I'll never look back fondly on Episode 1 and say "Man, that was epic, I got to see a Pikachu battle random Pokemon in Regions!"

Episode 2 was no prize, but it was a little more interesting. Looker so far has been the best of the dub and Generations for me: I actually liked him a lot.
>>
I remember when the Ashime wasn't an overrated piece of shit: there was a time when it had some depth and character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAgtpZRBGw
>>
>>28575434
The anime actually had some personality to it back then.

XY was so bland, I don't get why people on here like it so much.
>>
>>28572400
I hope it flops then.
>>
>>28575468
Indeed. The English dubbing was also so much better back then: they actually used to keep most of the Japanese music, the script was decent outside of the dumb edits, and the voice actors weren't shitty like the ones you see in modern NYC based dubs.

XY didn't even amount to anything in the end, so it's basically a pick your poison case for the Anime, Origins, and Generations when it comes down to it, imo. Pokemon has never been "good" in Animated form.
>>
Is there an english subbed version anywhere?
There's yet to be a decent english dub of any Pokémon media.
>>
>>28575468
>XY was so bland, I don't get why people on here like it so much.
They don't watch the dub
>>
>>28575495
Well, TPCi's Anime & Movie dubs are so unpopular they can't even air them more than 1 time at 6 AM on CN these days a week, and it only gets 0.25-0.31 in ratings, so I don't think flopping will be a problem. Pokemon has struggled to survive on air in the last few years, mainly because they refuse to change anything major and keep all the crap no one likes around.
>>
>>28575263
>Lemme just "trade" these rare Pokemons for a few thousand dollars.
>>
>>28575544
Generations subbed hasn't been released yet.
I thought the original English voice actors for the Anime dub (not the current garbage for the last 10 yrs.) were pretty solid, and so were the Origins actors, but these Generations actors & the current Anime ones are atrocious.

>>28575554
TPCi's dub of the Anime & Movies is awful, but that alone isn't why XY was dull.
>>
>>28572504
I don't see the problem with Pikachu. So many people complain that pokemon say their name so they made him sound like a mouse.
>>
>>28575554
TPCi needs to dump DuArt and NYC in general, really, it's infuriating they can get better VAs, keep the OST, and better scripts but choose not to with the Anime & Movies.

>>28575544
I thought the English dub of Pokemon was listenable in its earlier years, but it's become awful lately.
>>
>>28574157
Maybe magnanites are more common and plentiful in the area that police capture mons. Both would probably do the same job on the door but maybe magnanite is able to do other things that the task force might need in that situation
>>
>>28575434
That Ho-Oh cameo in the first episode is still cool.
>>
>>28575597
I guess people are used to Ohtani, like I am, but honestly making it squeak more like a mouse does sort of make sense. It's just a bit annoying how squeaky it sounded.

The biggest offense about the dubbing has been "Pok-uh-mon," "Verdian Gym," and Epcar's horrid Giovanni, though. I really like Looker's dub voice and the grunts sounded decent, though.
>>
>>28575637
I still miss the old English dubbing, Veronica Taylor was such a better actress than Sarah Natochenny.

The modern dub is hideous, even by dub standards...just...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU
>>
Question: Is there a Japanese version of this?
If so: Why can't I find it, it's not on niconico
If not: Why is the Voice Acting so obviously dubbed and terrible?
>>
>>28575554
>le dub strawman

Go back to /padt/.
>>
>>28575674
What happened to the music?
>>
>>28571399
Not to sound like a weeb, is it there a japanese dub or is it only available in English right now?
>>
>>28575742
TPCi replace almost 90% of it nowadays with UFO and elevator crap.

The voice acting is lifeless and many voices are miscast as well...it's just...so horrible.

>>28575680
Not yet.
It's a TPCi dub, man, they don't give a shit how bad the acting is. The only decent dub since they took over was Origins.
>>
>>28571399
720p subs, when?
>>
>>28575763
Only English, but the only real mistakes/problems so far were "Verdian Gym," "Pok-uh-mon," and Epcar's horrid Giovanni.

The main Anime dub is 1,000 times worse, particular from Battle Frontier onwards.
>>
>>28571521
No, they ask for good anime and complain when it's shit.

Nobody in fucking history said, "I wan an anime without Ash, even one that's really fucking bad". Are you just a fucking retard or something? Go back to youtube comments where you belong.
>>
>>28574446
This. Giovanni was gonna return to lead Team Rocket after hiding in his waterfall cave, but Gold beating him was the nail in the coffin.
>>
>>28575857
>Nobody in fucking history said, "I wan an anime without Ash, even one that's really fucking bad"

Thank you, and Generations is exactly this, which is why few absolutely love this.
>>
I think animated shorts can be good but in this case I'm not sure if it'll work. Full hour specials for each region would be nice.
>>
File: 43379744.jpg (193KB, 583x414px) Image search: [Google]
43379744.jpg
193KB, 583x414px
>Having lost, I cannot face my underlings! Team Rocket is finished forever! I will dedicate my life to the study of Pokémon! Let us meet again some day
>Having lost, I cannot face my underlings! Team Rocket is finished forever! I will dedicate my life to the study of Pokémon! Let us meet again some day
>>
>>28575722
wew
>>
File: Pokémon.full.565177.jpg (455KB, 1126x984px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.565177.jpg
455KB, 1126x984px
>Scene changes to Ecruteak City
>Hoping husbando will appear
>He doesn't

Since he's just one gym leader I doubt he'll appear unless he appears with Eusine chasing after Suicune or Ho-Oh but I'd love if he got an episode.
>>
>>28575978
If they do anything with Ho-oh he'll probably show to do a loredump.
>>
File: 1468207655521.jpg (392KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468207655521.jpg
392KB, 1200x800px
The first episode sucked but the second one was alright. I hope they do the sinnoh ones pretty good.
>>
File: New Bitmap Image.jpg (58KB, 660x154px) Image search: [Google]
New Bitmap Image.jpg
58KB, 660x154px
>>28575544
The current Anime dub is by far the worst of the Pokemon dubs. TPCi has done such a horrible job it's evoked comments like this (that I do agree with, sadly):
>>
So...are the other protags going to be in future episodes? I'm curious how it'll work if they don't show up.
>>
>>28575821
>Only English

Other dubs like Spanish and Dutch have been uploaded too
>>
>>28571399
Pikachu almost ruined the first episode for me. Not its voice. I'm just tired of Pikachu in everything. Loved Looker's episode, though.

I say the series has promise. I just wish it was longer.
>>
>>28576084
This is being made for the Red-dicksucking Youtube/Twitter crowd, so of course not.
>>
>>28576119
Red was barely in the first short.
>>
>>28576100
How are they vs. the English dub? We have a horrible Giovanni here, but curious?

>>28576110
It's meh, but I hope we get more Episode 2 style shorts and less Episode 1 style imo.

>>28576119
Pretty much: we have Ashime fags and we have Redfags, neither of which, I'm interested in lauding for it.
>>
File: matsuumbrella_imraoekaki.gif (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
matsuumbrella_imraoekaki.gif
7KB, 300x300px
>>28575978
>tfw every villain is on the cover art except your husbando
>>
>>28571399
I thought it was neat.

I want to see Lance. I know I saw a clip of him being challenged as either an Elite Four member or as Champion. I also saw a Dragonite fighting the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, so I'm pretty sure he'll have some screen time.

I'm hoping for an episode dedicated to Lance and Red(?) storming the Team Rocket hideout in Mahogany town.

I'm also looking forward to N and Ghetsis, Cyrus, and Lysandre's episodes.
>>
>>28576289
Generations is following the anime's footsteps by fucking over Archie and Maxie by barely giving them any screentime compared to other villains.
>>
Generations sucks dubbed!
Although Richard Epcar is nowhere near as bad as Craig Blair.
>>
Ep 1 was bad,as in waste of precious time bad.
Ep 2 was OK but it had Origins to lean on which gave the looker ark a bit more time to develop than what we will get with Gens 2-6.
It's still fun to watch, it's total fan-service.
I want them to focus on action scenes instead of forcing 6 plots in 40 minutes.
The showcase of locations was also nice, so much better in ep2 than in the clusterfuck of 1.
>>
>>28576402
Richard Epcar is still lousy compared to both Ted Lewis and Jamieson Price as Giovanni, but I guess.

When is the last time the English dub was tolerable? Origins? Season 8 of the Anime? Damn, it's been years since Pokemon wasn't vomit-worthy in English.
>>
Generations was shit but its competition is the TPCi dub....... so yeah.
>>
>>28576241
The Spanish dub is the usual Spain dub they love to hate but nobody seems to be complaining in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-F-L7IBDDs

I couldn't really tell you about the quality of the others, but if they can dub in a niche language like Dutch I'm sure a Japanese version will be out there in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4wh2MVzUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWa8j83r5KQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72HWbPaFBdc
>>
>>28576518
Why are TPCi dubs so low quality in general at this point? It's been 10 years and they're getting lower quality, not better.
>>
>>28575978

I'm hoping he'll appear. He and Eusine are friends and he's one of the only Gym Leader to be treated with any kind of importance in the early games.
>>
>>28576600
>>28576600
Quality costs money, and kids will watch it no matter hat, so they're trying to save what they can.
>>
>>28576757
TPCi are literally the Odex of the USA at this point of dubbers (except even Odex kept the Japanese OST).
>>
>>28576578
Well, your Giovanni is better than ours, don't see anything wrong with the Spanish dub.

Dutch Giovanni sounds malicious.
>>
File: 432552343556745.jpg (71KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
432552343556745.jpg
71KB, 1100x619px
>>28576578
mfw δεν θα μεταγλωτιστεί ποτέ στη γλώσσα σου με τον Θανάση Κουρλαμπά να kάνει τον Looker.
>>
Somebody needs to do a video riff/commentary on all the worst TPCi episodes!
>>
>>28577253
Most of the XY dub and some of the DP dub would encompass a lot of that video.
>>
>>28571399
It's fun, I can't wait for more eps.
>>
>>28576492
wait is the Generations cast LA? I don't remember Epcar voicing Giovanni

we headcanon voices now?
>>
>>28578123
I'd say it is like Origins was, based off of JYB same-voicing Blue like he does all his roles & Epcar-sounding Giovanni.
>>
Explain why Generations is good without comparing it to the existing anime.
>>
>>28578896
That would be hard considering it's considerably worse than the existing anime at this point. The only argument someone would actually have is "I don't like the existing anime for no good reason, therefore Generations is good."
>>
>>28578896
It's like the video game- animated. If you like the main game and like over the top action animation targeted at prepubescent boys then you should like generations.
>>
>>28580730
It's even easier to argue Origins is better than the main Anime than it is to say Generations is, desu.
>>
>>28571399

I don't care for it.
>>
>>28575283
That is only in the Ash anime.
>>
>>28572216
Have you even seen the last few episodes?
Lysandre's idea of wanting to kill people in the first place goes beyond kiddie shit.
>>
>>28572765
no it was shit
>>
File: Blasting off again.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Blasting off again.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>28571399
I would rate it 2/5. Just bellow average and it's not as good as I expected. Voice acting was barely any acting and barely decent voice. I like this pikachu more though

>>28571493
This. Man, if only Looker had to face Giovanni in an actual """Chase""", which was the fucking title, riding arcanine while Giovanni escaped with his grunts and Rhydon and shit.

>>28571521
>I enjoyed this halfass effort and will continue to support and pour money ignorantly to lazy fuck creators.
Your standard is damn low, giving the creators this kind of leeway is beta shit. Next thing you know, they'll be making even shittier hollywood adaptation- Oh wait. You're the cuck here.
>>
>>28571399
They say geovanni instead of jovanni
IT TRIGGERS ME
>>
>>28583806
Why would you pronounce Giovanni that way? Have you never watched a mobster movie?
>>
>>28572860
It is made up of what you descrived.

You, myself and maybe like 4 or 5 others are decent here and thats all
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.