[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the new EXP share is going to be even more noob friendly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 23

File: Dream_Exp._Share_Sprite.png (6KB, 90x80px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Exp._Share_Sprite.png
6KB, 90x80px
>tfw the new EXP share is going to be even more noob friendly, giving everyone in your party 1x EXP
>DUDE JUST DISABLE IT LMAO
>>
EXP share ruined X and Y. There was no reason not to use it.

They should give you a choice to reject it, and you get bonus rewards at the end of the game if you do.
>>
File: ay.jpg (138KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
138KB, 400x439px
>>28570037
>>28569996
>says EXP share is for filthy degenerate casuals and needs to btfo

>"meh might as well use it anyway. I'm totally going to be labeled as one of them since I argued against it"

The fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>28569996
>tfw you can't disable the EXP Share once you get it
>>
>>28570037
They should've kept it in the post game, it's actually great to farm level to complete the pokedex but ruins the story

>just turn it off then

then the level curve gets fucking ridiculous and I'm forced to grind, I lose either way
>>
>>28570107
>forced to grind
>in pokemon
>"""forced"""

You must be over the age of 18 in order to post on 4chan.
>>
>>28570093
There's no in game reason not to use it. The developers didn't give you one. That's bad game design.

It's a free 250% exp boost with no drawbacks. That's bad game design.

If they gave you 100 free Rare Candies at the start, that's bad game design.

If they gave you a free level 100 Mew two, that's bad game design.
>>
>>28570093
Lol Masuda dicksucker
He could give you level 100 pokemon at the start and you'd go "Just don't use them!"

Other developers don't have this issue, they let you pick a difficulty level at the start of the game and reward you accordingly. Unfortunately, Masuda has Down Syndrome
>>
>>28570093
Its pretty damn hard to say no to an easy way out. Effectively, if given the option to take the fastest route and thus not waste precious hours of your life, then you are obviously going to take the faster route whether you like it or not. Hence why fuck EXP Share.
>>
File: _20160915_190744.jpg (3KB, 96x100px) Image search: [Google]
_20160915_190744.jpg
3KB, 96x100px
>>28570149
>There's no in game reason not to use it.
Wanting more of a challenge is a reason.
>>
>>28570107
This.
>>
>>28570177
There is a difficulty level.

Easy: with XP share.
Normal: without XP share.

If you don't like how the games handle things, then don't buy them.
>>
>>28570231
Because you have no survival instincts you worthless maggot.
>>
>>28570149
>If they gave you a free level 100 Mew two, that's bad game design.
But that's done monthly with wifi events..
>>
>>28570149
>>28570177
Just dont use it. Do you use every event pokemon too?
Dont be a spazz
>>
>two routes to city X
>route one is a straight path where you dont spend more than two minutes and there are plenty of audinos to train
>route two is a cave with 49 floors that lasts for at least two hours with nothing but zubats and selfdestructing geodudes, filled with pushing block puzzles and not a single item in sight
>you're not a casual aren't you? just don't use route one!!!!!
>>
>>28569996

Don't use it.

The EXP Share is for people who want to use more than six Pokemon during the main game.
>>
>Wasting more time is now called "difficulty"

Okay
>>
>>28570226
>>28570141
>>28570177
>I chose to take the easy way out, but it's Gamefreak's fault for including the optional feature in the first place! If you think grinding's annoying in A POKÉMON GAME, you're underage b& and a faggot. But I chose to use it, because Gamefreak didn't make me wear rusty spiked chastity cage while using it. It's their fault I have no self control. Yeah I used the Missingno rare candy glitch, why?

Y'all are idiots.
>>
>>28570107
If there's a such a distinct level curve without the exp share then wouldn't that mean the exp share being there help with that, not just make all your shit overpowered?

>>28570331
This is exactly how I found it helpful
>>
>>28570177
>>28570149
I came here to call you retarded
>>
>>28570358
Don't fucking quote me until you graduate elementary school and learn how to read, you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>28570093
People like the option to level up a recently caught shitmon without overleveling their whole team

It's not complicated
>>
>>28570254
It's more like piss easy and boring grind
>>
File: 1449260615180.jpg (64KB, 332x346px) Image search: [Google]
1449260615180.jpg
64KB, 332x346px
>>28569996
>>28570037
>>28570107

>EXP ruined thing for me even though I am given the free choice of disabling it whenever I want
>I want my games to be more challenging!

Holy shit, you should all just kill yourselves while you're at it. Are you people really this trash at this game? And what's the matter? I thought you faggots wanted more of a challenging mainline game? This is beyond pathetic.
>>
>>28570254
Were is the difficulty level where the AI isn't retarded and their pokemon have items and decent move sets?
>>
>>28570453
Literally the same thing can be done WITH the exp share, you just have it sit in the back and it catches up fairly quickly as you progress through the story simultaneously without having to grind in one spot not making any game progress.
>>
>all these "just go out of your way to make the game as difficult as the previous games" fags

The default should be Normal difficulty, not Easy.
>>
>>28570405
It's the way th exp share works specifically that bothers me. If they gave you a Lucky Egg (which I think hey do actually? I don't remember) and a slightly higher level curve I'd be okay with it. I'd find it kinda pointless but whatever. On the other hand the exp share doesn't encourage you to use all of your pokemon, because they gain experience regardless, so they'll always be at around the same level even if you use one of them. I don't think the exp share makes your pokemons too powerful. In fact, i think the level curve is just high enough that compensate well with what you get by having the exp share turned on. It's the underlying mechanic that bothers me. It gives you a reward you didn't earn. This is NOT an issue about difficulty, like one of the anons said it's an issue about bad game design. A game can be hard and fun, or it can be easy and fun, it all comes down to how the game feels. And the exp share, while keeping things balanced, does not feel good
>>
>>28570636
You don't start the game with the exp share, dude. Sure, they give it to you early, and yeah it's enabled by default, but going into the bag and turning the fucking thing of isn't exactly going out of your way.
>>
>>28570486
Honest question did you use the exp share during your playthrough?
>>
>I'd rather have to swap pokemon to level them up
>>
>>28570746
The thing is, I see it more like they tried to correct an underlying problem with the whole EXP system without forcing it so suddenly.

Exactly how could they keep the balance without the exp share that wouldn't lead to shit like
>All the NPC's levels are way too high/low at X
>This grind to get the rest of my party even sucks
>I want to use this new pokemon I just caught but it's way too under for where I am in the game right now
>>
Just turn it off, holy shit.

>Waaah but it's not the default
Being such a spineless retard is not the default either but you seem to manage.

>B-but then I need to waste time grinding!
IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE GAME WITHOUT GRINDING
AND YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE GRIND EITHER
THEN GUESS FUCKING WHAT
THIS THING WAS MADE FOR SOFT NIGGAS LIKE YOU
TURN IT ON DUMBASS
>>
>>28570847
A simple solution would be to keep the exp share how it was and bring exp all from gen 1 back
>>
>>28570855
FUCKING EXACTLY! Turn it off and stop bitching that it ruins the game!

LITERALLY COMES WITH AN ON AND OFF SWITCH FAGGOT
>>
>>28570855
Literally this. It has a fucking on and off button you fucking cunts. Just turn it off and stop making shit threads about this.
>>
I feel like the best possible solution would be to make the exp share a held item again.

While it's in your bag and on, it works like the current exp share.

While it's being held by a Pokémon, it works like the gen 2-5 exp share.

That way spineless pussies who hate the thing but refuse to turn it off because they can't handle grinding can't complain anymore.
>>
>>28570872
the solution is to make the trainers and wild pokemon scale to the average of your team level
>>
>>28570855
What if I want the game to be actually hard though?
>>
>>28570943
>can't complain anymore
Let's be realistic, now.
>>
Is this confirmed?
>>
>b-but just turn it off!
Great, now tell me how I can level one weaker Pokemon in my party without tediously switching it in and out.

This all or nothing attitude is exactly why the gen 6 exp share is a broken mess.
>>
>>28569996
>there are two ways to play the game
>we should remove the one I dislike, so that everybody plays my way

Not going to happen.
>>
>>28570872
While that's simple, that's not exactly solving everything. And >>28570957 is closer to what needs to be done, it could be kind of immersion breaking if everyone was always around your level at the time. Maybe they can throw in curveballs that are a little more powerful that what you're currently using here and there.
>>
>>DUDE JUST DISABLE IT LMAO
Yes, just disable it.

Nobody ITT mentioned the actual worst design choice about it, which was cutting the old Exp.-Share as a held Item altogether. Absolutely no reason at all.
>>
>>28569996
if GF weren't lazy there would be difficulty levels, one extremely low and intended for grinding with the EXP share enabled, and one high without EXP share
>>
>>28570962
Self imposed challenges are your only option. There's not really any way to make pokemon hard without drastically changing the formula. Even 'hard' romhacks like Alpha Sapphire are pretty easy to breeze through if you've got a solid team.
>>
>>28570990
>Literaly what you have to do since gen 1
>>
>>28570262
dude, it's a video game. I can seek risky challenges in video games because I don't literally cease to exist when all my pokemon faint, that has nothing to do with "survival instincts"
>>
>>28570477
Sounds like most rpg difficulties really
>>
I literally cannot believe there's threads that shit on HGSS because "the level curve is bullshit" and another one which is full of "the level curve in XY is not an issue" Which one is it guys, I'm confused
>>
>>28571045
>alpha sapphire
>a hard romhack

At least use some drayano shit as an example

None of the 3DS hacks are hard because the game is easy mode by default, you just can't make it more challenging no matter how dumb the restrictions you impose to you are
>>
They should keep it, but have the EXP Scaling which is returning from Gen V hit even harder on the downscale when you're overleveled, then in postgame the EXP Share gets upgraded to allow you to disable the EXP Scaling as well as the Sharing

Best of both worlds and the issues with each system is solved
>>
>>28570999
>two ways to play the game

nope, there were three and they removed the one i liked. i can ask them to remove the other option too.

old exp share was good enough. give it to the mon you want to train but you dont want to keep switching in and out and he will get exp. him and only him. it was perfect already. i wanted an EXP SHARE FOR ALL as much as i wanted a 1000% to all experience in the game: i didn't
>>
>>28571131
It's both. The HGSS level curve is terrible because it did nothing to fix the GS level curve. It's a black spot on an other wise nice game.

The XY level curve is fine without the experience share, but you level too quickly if you leave it on all the time. But you don't have to leave it on all the time, so it's not really a problem.
>>
>>28570847
Keeping gen V exp would have helped.
>>
>>28571079
No. What do you think the exp share was used for you retard?

>>28571248
You don't need to grind in any pre gen 6 games unless you're bad at the game.
>>
>>28571248
what grinding?
>>
>>28571248
how do you think that getting all your mons from lvl1 to 50 in one battle is more challenging than grinding? i'm not even defending grinding, i just find baffling that people are using the argument that exp share on doesn't make the game easier

"it just saves time!", sure, i'll put a code to make goblins give me 5000xp on Final Fantasy one and level up all my characters in my first battles, that definitely didnt make the game easier right guys? i just saved time lol
>>
>>28571248
You never have to grind in any pokemon game except maybe HGSS near the end if you don't have a great team.
>>
>>28570872
Gen 1 EXP All is EXP Share, just with a different name in the localization
>>
>>28570149
Are you forced to use it?

Next you tell me you use amie to make all your pokemon broken as fuck in battles
>>
>>28571359
Yes, i am forced to use it till i turn it off

>hurrr but its so easy to turn off it takes five seconds

Not what is being debated here. You are forced to use exp share when you get it, period.
>>
>>28571378
No you're not, because you can turn it off. Right away.
>>
I would like EXP share if they made it actually split the XP

I just want an easy way of keeping my full team at the same level
I don't want to gain extra xp out of thin air
>>
>>28571388
Yes you are, it comes on by default and you need to turn it off. It's forced. How quickly you can do it is irrelevant, you still need to do it or it will be on regardless of your preference.

No one is arguing that exp share can't be turned off. Don't move the goalposts.
>>
>>28571378
>walk into newly purhased home
>old owner left the light swith on in the kitchen
>"well fuck, now I'm forces to have the light on in the kitchen at all times"
>>
>>28569996
So how is disabling it not a valid counter point to your whining? This is like complaining that Legendaries make the main game too easy and still using it.
>>
>>28571411
It has zero effect on your game if you turn it off before hopping into another battle, though.

But yes, of course it's silly of them to turn it on by default.
>>
>>28571303
The difference is new party members are normally the same level as you in Final Fantasy

There's no unnecessary grinding
>>
>>28571413
>walk into newly purchased home
>old owner left the light swicth on in the kitchen
>turn off the light
>old owner wants to hold you responsible for the light bill
>>
>>28571444
>The difference is new party members are normally the same level as you in Final Fantasy

No they arent
>>
>>28570107
What? Fuck no, I'm replaying through X and I'm just barely below level with a full team.
>>
>>28570962
Pokemon has literally never been hard though. You can breeze through every game using a single pokemon. Any pokemon mind you.
>>
>>28571445
This metaphor is literally nonsense.
>>
>>28571522
So were the other one
Again, no one is arguing that exp share can't be turned off ever so your metaphor was dumb. The argument is that it shouldn't be left on by default and it shouldnt work the way it works.
>>
>>28571482
I'm sorry

I meant there's a +/- 2 level difference which really changes everything
>>
>>28571545
Yes.

Are those 3 seconds of your life really worth making a rage topic about it?
>>
>>28571444
Fun fact: wild pokemon in xy are at most a few levels beneath your party if you're not using the exp share. You don't need to grind them up, just bring them with you and they'll do fine for the most part
>>
>>28571546
>i never played any final fantasy game below VII

Good luck not grinding any new member in FFII for example
>>
>>28571564
>old games are totally relevant in a discussion about modern games
>>
>>28571561
Stop simplifying things. If i could turn exp share off and the leveling (and the item Exp Share) reverted back to the old days no one would be complaining. But that doesn't happen. The game is tailored with Exp Share on, that's why it's defaulted to be active. Yes, i can and i do turn it off, but it doesn't bring leveling back to the way it was before and more importantly, i don't get my exp share item that i used before. So yes, it's more than 3 seconds of my life and yes, i think it's worth complaining about it.
>>
>>28571545
The original metaphor is perfectly analogous to the situation in the game. It's on when you get it, turning it off is absolutely trivial. Your metaphor implies that turning it off Congress with some sort of cost or punishment, which is absolutely false. You have 5 fewer seconds to shitpost on 4chan before you die, surely this is a great loss for humanity.
>>
>>28570149
I hate exp share too, but listen here.

You're a fucking retard. You have a problem with something and instead of just not using it, you come here to bitch about it while indulging in it. You are the worst kind of entitled.
>>
>>28570321
>There are people this retarded
How do you even function?
>>
>>28571411
Something being "forced" and someone being "forced" to do something are two completely different things.
>>
>>28571616
see:
>>28571596

Turning it off doesn't magically fix the game. Turning it off doesn't make the item work as it did before. Turning it off doesn't fix the exp curve to back before they changed the exp share. The only thing absolutely trivial here are your retarded and empty arguments ignoring everything else and answering a complaint no one ever made (that Exp Share can't be turned off).
>>
>>28571506
No shit Sherlock, I'm talking about the game being balanced around the player having a party of 6 pokemon.
>>
>>28571665
The item is obligatory and it always comes on by default, so it's forced. The game is tailored to be played with Exp Share on as it is the default option, so in a sense yes, you're also forced to keep it on because that's how the exp curve was designed in-game. You have the option and NO ONE argued you don't, but turning it on and off won't make the exp curve back to normal and you keep ignoring this since the start of the thread. Please just be a troll being dense on purpose, the other alternative is too sad to be true.
>>
>>28571596
Nigga, the game isn't even difficult without Exp Share. You don't even really need to fucking grind without it. Holy shit how can somebody be this shitty at Pokémon?
>>
>>28571668
If you don't like how the exp share works, then turn the fucking thing of, it's that simple. You get no fucking sympathy if you rail against while still profiting from it using, you goddamn spastic dickless shitlord.
>>
>>28571668
gripe about losing old exp share is legit, but the exp curve is the same fucking shit it is every game except gen 5 (which naturally magnetizes your levels towards your opponents).
>>
>>28571727
>>28571737
>still no counter argument other than HURRR TURN IT OFFFFFFFF

Why do i even try.
>>
>>28571737
>of
>it using

Jesus Christ, fuck autocorrect.
>>
>>28571668
>Turning it off doesn't make the item work as it did before.
>My ACTUAL problem is with how exp works in this game

Holy fucking shit, then why the fuck are you bitching? If you hate grinding that fucking much, don't play rpgs or pokemon. Good god man.
>>
>>28571754
Well, the other Anon clearly said that the game is still easy with it off, so your wrong about that, and I'm just calling you a pussy for using a feature you don't like because you have no willpower and want the easy way out.
>>
File: 1471423161509.jpg (27KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1471423161509.jpg
27KB, 542x416px
>>28571098
>tumblr_inline
You willingly take the hard route despite and easier route being available, despite that the easy route will ensure you finish this quickly and use those unwasted hours on something more important. Effectively you're throwing away your life points for fun instead of something genuinely challenging you to dare to waste your life points, you soulless little ragamuffin.
>>
>>28571754
Obviously because you're a whiny little bitch.
>>
>>28571820
I do find funny that you presumed i use it on all this time without me saying anything. You would be disappointed though

>>28571814
>if you don't like grinding dont play

How in the hell the people complaining about Exp Share not being an useful item for grinding anymore and instead being a magic boost of experience out of thin air to everyone that totally trivializes the very act of grinding are the ones that hate it? Do you stop to read your own posts sometimes? You really should.
>>
>>28571718
>The game is tailored to be played with Exp Share on as it is the default option
>you're also forced to keep it on because that's how the exp curve was designed in-game
No, it really isn't. You end up being laughably overlevelled when you leave it on.
>>
>>28571944
Being laughably overleveled so you're not challenged by anything and encounter no roadblocks during your playthrough is how GF intended the game to be. Gotta make sure everyone buying reaches all the content possible in their version without major problems so they can lust for the other one and online stuff .
>>
File: 1473997138245.jpg (15KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473997138245.jpg
15KB, 246x250px
>>28571754
>>
>>28570831
I did

It's why I am hoping for the Gen V exp system - It should balance out the exp share
>>
>>28572012
>my surprise when I learned that's not Iris

Go play Atelier Ayesha anon
>>
>>28571718
It's not forced at all, for any amount of time. You can turn it off the moment you get it.

If you do turn it off, you're left with a game that's still fairly easy that never requires grinding.

This is a non-issue.
>>
>leave it on
Overpowered team, game too easy

>leave it off
Severely underleveled team, die

This is a problem.

>just grind then
No
>>
>>28573665
>leave it off
>Severely underleveled team, die

This is wrong though. It still never gets close to being difficult.
>>
>>28570037
EXP share saved X and Y. With that huge of a Pokemon variety, it's nice to not have to spend fucking 500 hours leveling everything one at a time.

>>28570962
Then maybe you shouldn't be playing babby's first RPG.
>>
>>28573709
I'm near the lost hotel, I never once turned on exp share. I have a full team.
I've faced every trainer available until now.

And yet I find the trainers on this route are between 6 to 10 levels higher than my strongest mon.

So that's fine to you?
>>
>>28571564
>grinding any new member in FFII
That's completely retarded though, they're just going to leave the party soon after you get them, why would you waste the time leveling them up?
>>
>>28571421
More like complaining that the games put Legendaries in the main plot and force you to fight/catch them, rather than putting them in actual side levels like they did in Gen 1/2.
>>
>>28570107
Literally the only game you have to grind in are the Johto ones because of the atrocious scaling.
>>
>>28571445
Excuse me what?
How does that even relate to the exp share?

What exactly does the bill equate to in this analogy?
>>
>>28573832
I didn't play with it on and I only had my one mon faint.
Stop being so fucking bad at the video game.

THE ONLY POINTS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
-If you have such a fucking problem with the item, don't use it.
-if the game becomes difficult to enjoy afterwards due to the game design then the game isn't for you.

You are the biggest and whiniest asshole.
>>
>>28571754
Well duh.
That's the only argument that's needed

Turning off the game doesn't mess up the scaling or leave you underleveled, although that's not a problem in pokemon outside of Johto anyway, it just gives you a regular scaling where you can rotate six pokemon without detriment.
>>
>the game gives you 5 Pokeballs to start with
>clearly the developers intended for me to form my entire team with these
>if i run out then tough shit, the developers didn't intend for me to get or buy more of them, i'd have to go out of my way to do that
>>
>>28571857
Life is for the weak.
>>
>>28569996
>A feature in a game was too good for me to pass up
>But I want to arbitrarily challenge myself by increasing the time it takes to do simple grindy tasks so that feature should be removed because I have no self-control
>>
>>28573795
>EXP share saved X and Y

That's fucking retarded when the system has worked just fine up untill gen VI. I mean, it's fucking terrible game design when you get an item that gives you a bonus without any drawbacks, and then clearly design the game around using said item (level curve, defaults to on, available early). When you feel you have to gimp yourself to make it a semblance of challenging, the designers have failed to create any tension in the game. You have to take into consideration that this item replaced the standard exp share, so I can't use the regular version. That's also bad design.

What's even worse is that the exp share is coupled to some fucking moronic changes in the exp system. Full exp for all battling pokémon, amie boost, NFE-boost, exp o-power, free* lucky egg, capture exp...

All these changes were not necessary. When coupled with the new exp share, it becomes fucking bonkers. These changes did not need to happen.

(*I don't think you get one in ORAS, but it's found on one of the most common pokémon in the game, and you can easily farm a shitton)

>>28573989
>If you have such a fucking problem with the item, don't use it.

I repeat, it REPLACED the original exp share. That's reason enough for me to complain. Of course, the general bad design of the system is another, but you fucks are so obsessed with "turn off" (guess what, I already did) you can't actually do some criticism.

If they gave you the item in the post-game, then nobody would care. This would be the better option by far. An actual reward for beating the game.

>>28574055
>Turning off the game doesn't mess up the scaling or leave you underleveled

Turning off the exp share does produce a very clear lack of exp in the long run. I really don't see how anyone can even really suggest otherwise.

>>28574093
What the fuck is your retarded analogy even trying to say.
>>
A simple solution would be to make it works like normal Exp. share, then to be upgradeable to Exp. All in postgame.
>>
>>28571857
You do realise that the point of an RPG is tailoring your run the way YOU want right?
Whether you want to go full barbarian or mage or a mix is your choice as is what items you choose to use. Why do you think Nuzlockes are so popular even though the comic is done? It's because it embodies what an RPG is.
>>
>>28574201
>Turning off the exp share does produce a very clear lack of exp in the long run.
Compared to an exp share run yes but compared to a regular one? No you'll be right on track with your opponents even with a full team.
>>
>>28569996
>I TOOK A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE COMMENT AND QUOTED IT WITH DUDE AND LMAO
>THIS SURELY PROVES I'M RIGHT
>I'M COMPLETELY OKAY WITH GETTING MAD OVER SOMETHING THAT CAN BE TURNED OFF THE INSTANT YOU GET IT

That's all I'm hearing OP
>>
>>28574201
>That's fucking retarded when the system has worked just fine up untill gen VI
Yeah and the physical/special move distinction worked just fine until the split, too. That change didn't have to happen, but it did, and it made the game much better.
>>
I think it would have been logical to not force the exp share on instead you would have to put in on after you get it. Just like the normal exp share went to your inventory not straight away for your pokemon to held.

And second, for myself when i first time played Y and Omega Ruby i straight away turned exp share off and still easily blast trought the game, almost lost to Steven, almost.
>>
File: enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg (55KB, 625x430px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg
55KB, 625x430px
>>28573665
>turn it on until you catch up in levels
>turn it back off
>>
>>28570477
XY requires absolutely no wild grinding. Just fight every trainer you can and hit up the Battle Chateau if you need more XP.

It's a fucking cakewalk compared to Gens I and II.
>>
>>28574645
You don't even end up under levelled with it off in all honestly.
>>
>>28574748
>It's a fucking cakewalk compared to Gens I and II.
Gen 1 still stands as the easiest game anon.
>>
>>28574792
gen 3 is easier
gen 1 rival can kill you in the first fight or if you try to go to the pokemon league too early and brock and misty are still fairly challenging if you pick charmander

gen 3 has nothing roadblocking you, the first fight is a fucking lvl2 shitmon
>>
>>28573665
>Severely underleveled team, die
Stop being shit at video games. Pokemon isn't hard.

>>just grind then
>No
Then stop playing the fucking video game
>>
>hating on exp. share this much

What exactly is it that's so bad about it? It doesn't make the game easier it just makes leveling your pokemon (which is the easiest fucking thing to do already) more convenient and less time- consuming.

I find myself having to wait until victory road until I finally fill all the spots for my team because the pokemon I want are always available so late in the game and it would be a fucking pain in the ass if I had to individually level them up to the same level as the rest of my team before challenging the league.
>>
What part of 'dude just disable it' is not valid?
I bet you stay in switch instead of set too.

The fact you're too stupid to realize there is difficulty options even if they're not labeled so clearly means you're the kind of idiot who needs the EXP share active to beat the game anyway.
>>
>>28574201
>Replaced

The go fucking play a previous gen and quit bitching. Holy shit dude.
>>
>>28574866
>What exactly is it that's so bad about it? It doesn't make the game easier
Getting overleveled in RPGs make them easier
Exp Share helps you get the entire team overleveled with extra experience you wouldn't have without using it

I'm not even discussing if it's bad or good, but denying it makes the game easier is retarded.
>>
>>28570107
I have never used the EXP Share in ORAS or X/Y.
I have never felt the need to grind, even in a Nuzlocke, even in a run of Y where I used about 30 Pokémon, switching them out constantly.

If you need to grind, you're bad.
>>
>>28574898
>I have never felt the need to grind, even in a Nuzlocke
bullshit
>>
>>28574891
Fair enough. The extra xp is pretty retarded I'll give you that. It would be perfectly fine if it just divided the original xp in two though.

Then again. It's possible to make the game at a difficulty where the extra xp is necessary without being overleveled. The problem is that the games are just too easy in general.

>they're not gonna do that

No shit. But you're blaming a single mechanism when the real problem is that the games are just too easy in general.
>>
>>28574926
I mean I've lost Pokémon in it for sure, but I still cleared perfectly fine without grinding shit.

The AI is predictable enough that with a decent team those 10 levels mean nothing.
>>
File: 1470984382359.png (12KB, 113x108px) Image search: [Google]
1470984382359.png
12KB, 113x108px
>>28574926
>I don't like EXP SHARE!
Turn it off then.

>BUT ITS IN THE GAME! ITS A BAD GAME!
You can play another game then. The game isn't hard without it. I was fine with out the item.

>YOU WERE FINE WITHOUT IT? BULLSHIT

This is going nowhere. You're just a whiny ass twat.
Everybody go home.
>>
>>28574852
>gen 1 rival can kill you in the first fight or if you try to go to the pokemon league too early and brock and misty are still fairly challenging if you pick charmander
You're kidding right?
Even with a Charmander the game is still incredibly easy due to the broken moves and stats. It is by far the easiest game.
>>
>>28570262
Anon, i think what you typed doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>28575057
no i'm not
you clearly havent played the game if you think you could abuse broken moves and stats before brock or before the first rival fight

you don't even need to do that in gen3 because you have no rival fight to begin with, you just need to kill a lvl2 pokemon and then you can grind all you want before talking to brendan/may. and by the time you face the first gym (which is a cakewalk) you had enough time to train your mons and capture more stuff

gen 3 is easier
>>
>>28575056
The problem isn't just the Exp share, but is probably one of the worst things.

Both Megas and Amie are X and Y's selling points yet they make the game broken.

Same with contests in ORAS

If you're going to have to remove everything new about the games to not make it way easier that's bad design

Not even the 8th gym leader had 4 moves
>>
Literally just disable it. Pokemon has only ever been as difficult as you make it.
>>
>>28570437
>wahwah I'm been called out
Fucking babbies, I swear.
>>
>>28575144
Yes. Disable the feature.

And megas

And forced handouts

And Amie

Then you're still left with arguable the easiest Pokemon game
>>
>>28575108
>you clearly havent played the game if you think you could abuse broken moves and stats before brock or before the first rival fight
You can. Also at this point it's a rarity to find someone who hasn't played the games nowadays considering how many platforms you can play it on.

You really should give the game another try. I don't know if it's childhood memories that are clouding you from the truth or something but Blitzing the game in a few hours isn't hard at all.
>>
>>28570855
this

>>28570962
dont play a literal kid's game, then

>>28571754
because you can literally just turn it off or not play the game and move on with your life, faggot
>>
>>28575206
i still dont know why youre pretending i'm saying gen 1 is hard when all i'm saying is that gen 3 is easier

you have refuted none of my points about gen 3 being easier
>>
>>28575206
Fighting with a level 6 starter vs a sand attack spamming pidgey and a super effective stab move that are 2 higher levels than you if this is your first adventure
>>
>>28575206
>You can.
You can't
Unless you're an autistic speedrunner looking for the perfect stats nidoran male, there's no way to cheese the fight outside of capturing a mankey and leveling it up enough to survive the gym. that's not "easier" than passing eight freaking routes before reaching rustboro and facing roxanne with equally easy rock mons by the same level

and the only ressemblance of difficulty in pokemon is the early game. anything past the first gym is a cakewalk due to the variety and levels you can get.
>>
>>28569996
XP share was great if you decided to rotate pokemon letting you keep a 10 pokemon team at a decent level.

You could easily disable it making XY the same as any other pokemon game where you re 10 lvl below the E4 when you fight them.

Let's you play the game the way you want to play it. It was a great addition.
>>
>>28570093
A game should be balanced around a deliberate difficulty curve. Giving players a "win" button and just telling the ones who don't like it not to use it is shit design.

Pokemon was never hard but they've still been watering it down to the point a literal retard could plow through it.
>>
>>28575369
it's because XY were designed with a big pokedex in mind. They wanted us to use more than just 6 pokemon. They were not designed like pokemon games before them.
>>
>>28575397
bullshit
kalos has the lowest mon variety of recent games

you could argue that for BW2, and even them didnt pull this shit
>>
File: Hall of Fame - OR.png (74KB, 657x401px) Image search: [Google]
Hall of Fame - OR.png
74KB, 657x401px
My latest play of Omega Ruby I used this team.

I didn't use the exp share, and I also never fought wild pokemon. I also didn't explore most of the water routes before beating the league. I also didn't use any healing items, either in battle or out. I also did every gym and dungeon in one run without returning to a pokemon center to heal.

I was regularly 10+ levels behind whoever I was battling, against Steven it might have been 15-20.

It was never hard. Certain battles were a little tricky, but never really difficult. I don't think I ever lost a battle.

Pokemon is not a hard series. Turning off the exp share does not force you to grind. You can turn it off instantly and never have to use it. It's a complete non-issue unless you do want to grind a lot, at which point it's an incredible boon.
>>
>>28575397
Doesn't explain why everything in it was easy as shit
>>
>>28575369
You're acting like this is something exclusive to pokemon games but it's prominently used by other games as well in the form of easy/medium/hard mode. Do you play those games on easy and then complain about it not being hard enough?
>>
>>28575428
I'm confused. They have the largest regional dex?
>>
>>28575428
>regional dex has 457 pokemon making it the biggest regional dex ever made

?????????????????????????
>>
>>28575469
for pokebank and event shit
>>
>>28575397
That's a stupid assumption to make of players when the rest of the game doesn't really encourage switching teams for any particular reason, and can easily be dealt with by changing the exp rates for pokemon above/below the enemy levels without some blanket like the exp share that leads to overleveling everyone.

It was about making the game easier. Just like reducing NPC trainer levels and roster sizes.
>>
>>28575369
Every pokemon has started you off with an instant win button that you had to turn off to make the game have any semblance of challenge.

It's called Switch/Set.

Playing on Switch is a much, much larger benefit than the extra levels the exp share gives you.
>>
>>28575509
>Playing on Switch is a much, much larger benefit than the extra levels the exp share gives you.
Not really
Being overleveled makes Set Mode moot
Being underleveled with Switch lets you take shitty mons and save their lives, but you only get one turn advantage. Being overleveled gives you the entire fight.
>>
>>28569996
If you switch train a lot the exp is broken without the exp share.
>>
I'm convinced anti-Exp.Sharefags are legitimately retarded
>>
File: 1471532888062.png (24KB, 265x71px) Image search: [Google]
1471532888062.png
24KB, 265x71px
>>28569996
They should keep the exp.all since it helps with the EV training, however it deserves his own sidequest instead of being handed to you like it's nothing.
Also they should make it like you can select which pokemon in your party will receive the exp
>>
>>28575592
pretty much
>>
Want to keep the new exp share? Makes the exp be divided as it should instead of giving free xp out of thin air to every pokemon in your party

There you go lastgenner apologists. Better? Or are you going to complain that the free xp doesn't make things easier and its totally deserved?
>>
>>28575592
>>28575598
One minute apart would you look at that
>>
>>28574201
>What the fuck is your retarded analogy even trying to say.
You can't use more than the first 5 Pokeballs you get since the developers intended the game to be played that way.
>>
>>28575561
Switch gives you type advantage against every pokemon you face, assuming you've got a halfway competent team.

You basically never take super effective damage, and you hit everything super effectively yourself. And because the AI almost never switches, you have as many chances as you want to setup on something that can't hurt you and then sweep.

Switch lets you beat teams that are as much as 30 levels higher than you with basically no trouble.
>>
>>28575624
The entire point of the item is that you get extra exp.
>>
>>28575624
I love you how act like this and complain about easy, but still want to use a crutch to ease your journey.
Hilarious.
>>
>>28575658
>Switch lets you beat teams that are as much as 30 levels higher than you with basically no trouble.
You know that this isn't true, stop being retarded

And you can do the same thing with set mode, except that you need to take a hit. But good lord! Taking hits when your mon is overleveled means nothing, even if it is a weak type, and you still decides who you're going to sub with your turn so if you put a weak type its entirely your retarded fault

>>28575691
No, the point of the item is sharing exp
it's not Exp Booster, it's Exp Share
>>
My problem with X and Y is more that none of the trainers had a good team until maybe the Pokemon League (and even that's being generous).
>>
>>28575714
The only thing I'm hearing here is that you're not really very good at the game. If you can't make up for a 30 level difference against the AI you need to put more thought into your team composition.
>>
>>28575738
THe thing with XY is that the hard trainer where not boss fights but regular trainers.

For exemple the forced double battle against 2 furfrou early on or the victory road trainers having egg moves.

It's actually one of the hardest game to nuzlocke (if you disable the exp share)
>>
Turn it off, change battle style to SET and stop complaining about these games being too easy.

You retards are like fuck they gave me a mega stone Im forced to keep my charmander and mega evolve it every battle. You're completely in control of the games difficulty and the exp share is a really useful item that needn't be removed from the game when it can I ust turned be off by adults.
>>
>>28575248
>you have refuted none of my points about gen 3 being easier
That's because I was on my phone at the time but I switched just for you. And I felt like fapping.

In any case most of your points can be flipped back on to gen 1 itself which I'll get to in a bit.
When it comes to the first rival battle of the game with Blue the moves you two have are the basic tackle, scratch and a stat down move like growl or tail whip of which your rival is inclined to use more of over the attacking move which gives you more than enough turns just to hammer away at his health with no danger. The only worry is the rare moment he lands a crit and given how it's calculated in gen 1 it's extremely unlikely to happen whereas it was fixed in subsequent games. In other words gens 2 and up it's more likely to encounter crits in that first rival battle or any first battle for that matter.

As for the grinding point you made, you can grind to your hearts content before the second rival battle or even just skip it if you wish because it isn't compulsory.

Then comes the first gym, on top of Brock being of a lower level than Roxanne and having no STAB moves whatsoever you can capture and train a Caterpie to a Butterfree in no time flat. Then using confusion you can abuse that base 80 special stat it has against the base 30 both his Geodude and Onix have and proceed to tear through the game due to 80 being more than enough needed to break the game.

Any way you look at it gen 1 is the easiest game in the series. The only way anyone would find any difficulty in it is if it was their very first venture into RPGs as a whole. And looking at it that way would make any Pokemon game seem difficulty.
>>
File: hgss.jpg (55KB, 455x309px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
55KB, 455x309px
>>28570107
I don't see you fucks complain when we're talking about pic related. This shit is far worse. It fixed literally nothing from the original. Don't even throw the "B-BUT IT HAS BATTLE FRONTIER AND GYM LEADER REMATCHES IT'S A GOOD GAME YOU JUST NEED TO GIT GUD" card at me. This thing just threw a shit ton of useless shit just to make you goyims not see it's shitty flaws it never fixed.
>>
>>28570037
As someone who doesn't have a lot of time on his hands, the EXP. Share was perfect, it reduced grinding leagues.

Besides, it wasn't what ruined X/Y, the trainers and their Pokemon (amount, types, species, etc.) are what ruined X/Y.
>>
>>28575789
Yeah. Nuzlockes make me approvals games and regions more.

Holy fuck, Kalos was just a disaster. Random girl with a Hawlucha with X-scissor what the fuck
>>
>>28575811
at least it added content. Don't derail this thread Kalosperm.
>>
>>28575839
>imblying
I love content as much as the next guy but it means jack shit when you gotta do backflips and jump throw flaming hoops blindfolded with a chainsaw weilding bear on your back to get it.
>>
>>28575447
This analogy isn't a good fit because difficulty modes are discrete and "outside" the game. If you can explain why it feels cheap to be allowed to switch difficulties in the middle of gameplay, then you'll understand the exp share issue
>>
File: 1473896129296.gif (50KB, 540x259px) Image search: [Google]
1473896129296.gif
50KB, 540x259px
>>28575876
>throw
No idea why I typed that. Through*
>>
I started playing in 1998 and XY is my favorite game.

I don't care about what you guys think.
>>
>>28575839
Content or not it failed to address the shortcomings of GSC and in fact made it worse by increasing the levels of the gym leaders but not the trainers and wild Pokemon. It basically just covered it all up with gimmicks like the safari zone customization, which was a terrible, terrible thing and Pokeathlon.
Basically all that content was for naught if they didn't fix the base game.
>>
>>28575804
>In other words gens 2 and up it's more likely to encounter crits in that first rival battle or any first battle for that matter.
You DONT HAVE a first rival battle in gen 3. Are you even being serious now? You get your mon, you beat a lvl2 mon, and then you have all the time of the world to cross a city and two routes before facing a rival with a lvl5 mon with shitty moves just like Gary in Gen I. It's basically impossible to fight Brendan/May lower than level 6, and even level 6 requires you running from most encounters which is something no one would ever do. How the hell can you still argue this is more difficult? Do you have mental problems?

Yes, Roxanne, has STAB moves, but her gym comes way, way later than Brock's, and on the way to her you can capture several pokemons that can do strong damage against her. And even Torchic can be way more useful against her than charmander in original gen without metal claw being a thing.

You still haven't refuted any of my points about gen 3 being easier, you just proved how oblivious you are about the games.
>>
>>28575876
Like what the pokeathelon?
>>
>>28570037
>choose magic user in Dark Souls
>man wtf why is Dark Souls so easy?

Do you want them to just have "Easy | Normal | Hard" at the start of the game?
>>
>>28575635
>16:40:09
>16:40:39
>One minute
Not very bright are you
>>
>>28575929
>he doesn't run from every wild battle

How are people this casual and then complain about beig overleveled. Although fuck these games giving EXP for catching now.
>>
>>28575803
>make your own difficulty because the devs are too fucking lazy to design one properly like literally every other game does
No thanks, and none of that can make up for them repeatedly reducing the volume and level of pokemon you face at gyms and the league

The fact is that Pokemon was never remotely difficult even for little kids, but they keep pissing on it anyway since the developers are too stupid to do anything but rehash and water down
>>
>>28575923
>it's bad because it's harder
>>
>>28575943
Frontier
Gym Leader rematches
Safari Zone
RSE legendaries (assuming you didn't have RSE for any reason)
The rest of Kanto plus Red if you want to consider that post game.
>>
File: number = difficulty is a meme.png (171KB, 1420x1404px) Image search: [Google]
number = difficulty is a meme.png
171KB, 1420x1404px
>>28576011
>it's a "number of Pokemon matters more than the Pokemon themselves" post
>it's a "64 is inferior to 55" post
>>
>>28576071
The teams on the right would've been even better with an extra pokemon.

Platinuim's 5 pokemon teams >>>>> BW/BW2's sorry ass 4 pokemon teams.
>>
>>28576071
>Grass Knot
>>
>>28576109
>The teams on the right would've been even better with an extra pokemon
That doesn't change the fact that they shit hard on the teams on the left.
Also funny how you mention Platinum and not DP. Was having an Elite Four with Beautifly and Dustox too pathetic to remember?
>>
>>28576109
Unova Rematches>>>Platinum rematch
>>
File: 1456267546520.jpg (19KB, 273x153px) Image search: [Google]
1456267546520.jpg
19KB, 273x153px
>>28575929
>You DONT HAVE a first rival battle in gen 3.
Using that logic no game except gen 1 and 5 has a first rival battle because random encounters are a thing before you battle them. Saying that a first rival battle isn't one because of that is a completely ridiculous claim.

>How the hell can you still argue this is more difficult?
You do realise there's nothing particularly difficult about about the first Blue rival battle right? It just comes down to using your attack and whittling away at Blue until you win unless that crit arises, which is unlikely, your victory is assured.

>Yes, Roxanne, has STAB moves, but her gym comes way, way later than Brock's
Not really, the difference is minimal. Then there's the fact exp was calculated differently in gen 3 compared to 1. Bascially it scales up in the same way as Brock does in RBY.
In any case Roxanne is still considerably more difficult than Brock is simply by being of a higher level and having those STAB moves. And one of those moves being Rock Tomb which has the added effect of a speed drop.

>You still haven't refuted any of my points about gen 3 being easier,
Which doesn't mean much from the person who's going to stick his fingers in his ears ignore them when they've been said. I suggest you read my previous post properly this time.
>>
>>28576109
>Platinuim's 5 pokemon teams >>>>> BW/BW2's sorry ass 4 pokemon teams.
Eh, not really.
BW/BW2 still has better coverage and that's not even going into challenge mode.
>>
>>28576188
Platinum still happened before BW BW2.
The point is the quality in team building decreased.
>>
>>28576152
What about it?
>>
>>28570037
How is you not wanting to use it not a reason not to use it? Do you lack free will?
>>
>>28576430
>grass knot Conkeldurr
>>
>>28570037

Fuck that, its too useful for post game. They just need to balance the game around it better.
>>
>>28576483
Why not give you regular, then "upgrade" it in postgame
>>
>>28576391
>Not really, the difference is minimal.
No it isn't. When you reach Pewter (in fewer routes than Rustboro) you can't do anything but fight Brock. When you reach Rustboro you can go around and fight tons of trainers and new training spots before you even talk to Roxanne. The selection of rock-effective mons that you can catch before reaching rustboro is way, way higher than Gen I.

>You do realise there's nothing particularly difficult about about the first Blue rival battle right?
There's a chance for a crit and defeat. That alone makes it harder than being higher than your rival when you finally face it in Gen 3 for the first time. I can't believe you're still denying this is easier. You must have mental problems, there's no other alternative. I'll try it again: you face Gary straight after getting your mon, same level, and you can die to a crit. You face brendan/may way later, after getting forced exp from a lvl2mon fight and many more while getting to them. And you still face a lvl5 rival with a basic normal move and a status decreasing move, but way later. HOW. IS THIS. HARDER?

>Which doesn't mean much from the person who's going to stick his fingers in his ears ignore them when they've been said

You're talking about yourself here, right? All you're doing is saying the initial fight isn't hard (which i never said it was) but you still have to provide a point on how Gen3 is harder, and you didn't because you fucking can't.
>>
>>28576573
>in fewer routes than Rustboro
Anon there's two additional routes stop over exaggerating the difference. And you have yet to actually address the Exp change caused by the rehaul in gen 3.

>There's a chance for a crit and defeat
Which applies to each and every rival battle in any game. There's also a lower chance of it in Gen 1 because of the way it was calculated. Using that logic the Poochyena is just as hard because it also has the chance to crit.

>That alone makes it harder than being higher than your rival when you finally face it in Gen 3
>It just comes down to using your attack and whittling away at Blue until you win unless that crit arises, which is unlikely, your victory is assured
And like I said before crits are possible in any rival battle in any game.

>you face Gary straight after getting your mon, same level, and you can die to a crit.
One, Blue (or Green if you wish)
Two, you two only have two moves to choose from.
Three, your rival is more likely to use debuffs than actual attacking moves leaving him completely open, especially if you picked Charmander as you don't suffer from an attack down with Squirtle so you can finish him with no difficulties.

>HOW. IS THIS. HARDER?
Exactly how is it harder? How are they both not as easy as each other?
You're the only one here saying that one rival battle is harder than the other.
In any case your problem seems to be that you think that RBY is harder simply because you have a battle immediately after getting your pokemon when the only thing that can cause a loss is a lucky crit.

>You're talking about yourself here, right?
Of course not, I'm talking about you.
On top of not addressing the rest of my other post you've not even addressed all of the one you're currently replying to and essentially just replied to me with

>IT'S HARDER BECAUSE IT CAN CRIT
>>
File: 1462993123643.png (86KB, 233x272px) Image search: [Google]
1462993123643.png
86KB, 233x272px
>>28576573
>getting this mad
>>
>>28576930
two additional routes is a lot of leveling. you ignored all the extra trainers you can fight when you reach rustboro too, which you cant in pewter. and roxanne is exactly one (1) level higher than brock with tons of extra chances of capturing effective pokemon and leveling up before.

and how its harder? YOU FUCKING FACE HIM STRAIGHT AWAY INSTEAD OF LEVELING UP BEFORE LIKE IN GEN 3 YOU MORON. but you're one of the autists that deflect arguments because i called him Gary instead of Blue. i'm fucking done. good luck remaining deluded and retarded.
>>
File: 1256890182249.jpg (17KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1256890182249.jpg
17KB, 150x150px
>200+ posts arguing about challenge in a game series that wasn't challenging since day 1

in b4 "but what about the post game" or some other dumb shit
>>
>>28571857
We could just agree that some of us actually do find it fun to play on hard mode and don't see it as a waste of time.
It's a fucking handheld game that you play over the course of months.
I'm not missing the birth of my second son because i chose to spend more time grinding. Just do whatever suits you and stop bitching
>>
>>28577024
>two additional routes is a lot of leveling.
Again not really especially considering the EXP changes and the fact that the trainers leading up to it are a lot lower than they were in gen 1.
In other words without an additional grind you would be around the same level as you would be comparative to gen 1.

>and roxanne is exactly one (1) level higher than brock with tons of extra chances of capturing effective pokemon and leveling up before.
Yes and?
You act as if that's not possible in gen 1 either. Like I said before getting a butterfree isn't a difficult or tedious task as it evolves at level 10. Which means you only need to get 7 levels on the lowest leveled Caterpie to be able to defeat Brock with ease or five on the highest. An additional 2 levels nets you Confusion which can last you the majority if not the whole game due to psychic reigning supreme that gen and Butterfree's base 80 special. Future games done have that level of broken stats and types especially not anything after and including gen 3.

>and how its harder? YOU FUCKING FACE HIM STRAIGHT AWAY INSTEAD OF LEVELING UP BEFORE LIKE IN GEN 3 YOU MORON.
Because there's nothing you can lose to outside of luck. It's just a matter of mashing A as it is for all rival battles. Which all have that crit danger mind you.

>but you're one of the autists that deflect arguments because i called him Gary instead of Blue. i'm fucking done. good luck remaining deluded and retarded.
Well, I guess that's good enough.
I mean, you'll never learn but at least you've stopped posting.

Oh and are you really going to focus on the whole Blue correction and not the rest of the post? You've just glossed over everything there and said it's harder just because you can't gain levels before it.
A bit hypocritical is it not?
>>
I haven't played ORAS but in XY, there are at least 400 + mons you can play with in this game. What I did with Exp Share is use it to my advantage and instead of having 6 overleveled mons, I kept catching new mons in different routes, and continued rotating mons until the end game, where I ended up close but a little lower leveled than the E4. At that point you just pick your favourite 6. I'd say if you look at it that way, XY was balanced for the EXP Share, unless you play traditional 6 mon route, which is what I did first and ended up at level 70-80 range by the Elite 4. I heard ORAS was terrible at this though and you will end up overleveled regardless. Oh well.
>>
>>28577451
Well the Exp Share was designed with the bulk of mon in mind.
>>
>>28575882
except if you'd be able to access the exp. share right away you'd still use it but at the same time complain about it
>>
>>28577451
This, this seems to be the only way to use the new Exp. Share indeed. Funnily enough, in /vp/ people will say you're playing wrong if you enjoy rotating your team.
>>
>>28577024
I'm not the anon you were arguing with.
You need to relax dude. Your argument is full of insults and butthurt over a pokemon opinion.
Outside looking in, you are the autistic king of/vp/
>>
>>28576391
>Using that logic no game except gen 1 and 5 has a first rival battle
Different poster here, I unironically agree with this.
>>
>>28577085
POSTGAME? SURELY YOU JEST
>>
>>28571168
>>28574213
>>28571168
>upgrade exp share in the post-game
Best idea of the thread
>>
>>28578524
Not if they continue this trend of 400+ Pokemon in the regional dex.
>>
>>28578265
Gen 4 does in Platinum iirc
>>
File: Alert.gif (299KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
Alert.gif
299KB, 493x342px
>>28569996
>>28570037
>>28570107
>>28570149
>>28570177
>>28570226
>>28570636
>>28571378

>I hate how this feature works, but I'm going to use it anyway because I'm a spineless chucklefuck.

How is this any different from getting a starter at the beginning of each game? Or a Master ball midway through? No one's forcing you to use shit. RPG's can be as easy or as hard as you want them to be. Hence why they're called "Role-Playing Games!" You take on a role and act accordingly.

>B-b-but muh progression.

What the fuck are you talking about? You do fucking realize that you level your Pokemon as you deem necessary, right? Because again, that's what you do in an RPG.

Besides, I pretty much turned it off after a while because my Pokemon were leveling up too quickly. And apart from a few points in the game, this was the easiest game in the franchise. I could understand this argument if the game was actually difficult, but somehow, cuck logic prevails here.

Sure, the experience changes made the game a bit easier, and sure, not having the old Exp. Share sucks, but it really shouldn't make that much of a difference because, again, the actual game is easy even without Exp. Share being on. I'm really confused about the point you assholes are trying to make when your main argument boils down to "DURRR IT ON SO I NEED TO PLAY IT ON ALL DAYS".
>>
>>28578604
The exp share fine turn it off

Also don't take any forced hand outs

Don't use the SELLING points of the games either such as Megas/Amie/Contests/SuperTraining/Wondertrading ect.

If you want a "small" challenge you pretty much have to remove any new feature the game has to offer

Asides from overworld. Also don't bullshit me with "the games have always been this easy"
>>
>>28578671
Now you're getting it!
This is an RPG, you play how you want you don't have to do any of that or you can do it all. That's how they work.

The games have always been that easy, in fact since Gen 1 they've only gotten harder because of the improvements to the move and stat distributions over the years.
>>
>>28578777
Yeah, and gen 6 literally tore a page out of gen 1's movesets. Literally look up the battle Cheatue writs of challenges/Serena's Rival battle.

X and Y are the most soulless fucking games I have ever played and only redeeming features are Large dex and Customization. Which is already better in SM

I am trying to say why play a game if using it's features breaks the games
>>
>>28578777
^This
>>
>>28578777
What the fuck am I supposed to do if I don't want to blow though the games while actual ENJOYING the features that incentivized my purchase?
>>
>>28578671
>Also don't take any forced hand outs
>forced
>FORCED
>implying you choose not to take them
>>
>>28578847
>I am trying to say why play a game if using it's features breaks the games
Welcome to the world of RPGs.
Difficulty settings aren't the only things that determine difficulty in RPGs anon it's the choices you make, the stats you have, the equipment and so on and so forth. This is literally a staple of the Genre from Breath of Fire to Persona.

>>28578965
Then you use them after, idiot. Or alternatively on a subsequent playthrough.
>>
>>28578985
>what is Kanto starters

Not to mention you actively have to reject Pokemon in the game. Lapras Box Legend and Lucario

It's not like your prompting them or finding them.
>>
>>28579009
>use them after

But I am still actively fucking everything up. Why buy a game if I'm not supposed to use it's features.

What world is that a good design?
>>
>>28578777
>since Gen 1 they've only gotten harder
No fucking way. Not when you can teach all of your Pokemon any move you want with infinite TMs and give your Pokemon massive advantages with held items while the npcs are stuck with level up movesets.

Gen 1 was the closest thing to balanced, because the only real advantages you had over other trainers were potions and some single use TMs, many of which were weird shit like Water Gun, Razor Wind, and Swift.
>>
>>28579019
You literally cannot avoid Lucario no matter what you do.
>>
>>28570107
>Stop making the game easy Gamefreak!

Then don't use the EXP Share

>then the level curve gets fucking ridiculous

Oh no! Are you saying the game gets harder if you don't use the EXP Share?
>>
File: 1469061778052.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469061778052.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
Let's be honest here, this is where GF fucked up in Gen VI:

>The New EXP share was default on, making you assume the level curve is designed with it in mind
>They removed the Old EXP share, which works completely differently, instead of having both with different names
>They didn't use Gen V's risk-reward exp system
>They added even more things that hand out exp like candy like Amie and Switching yeilding 100% of exp

SM has Gen V's exp system so here's to hoping they actually care about the level curve this time.
>>
>>28579072
>gen 1 is balanced because you don't have unlimited TM's
>NPC's are stuck with only level up sets

Oh the ironing
>>
>>28579138
I said Gen 1 was the closest thing to balanced, you cherrypicking piece of shit
>>
>>28579052
>But I am still actively fucking everything up.
How is it fucking everything up if your concern is messing up the main run?

>Why buy a game if I'm not supposed to use it's features.
>What world is that a good design?
It's called an "RPG" find me a game in the genre where you can't use the features to make the game easier.

>>28579072
>Not when you can teach all of your Pokemon any move you want with infinite TMs and give your Pokemon massive advantages with held items while the npcs are stuck with level up movesets.
As opposed to NPCs having AI more retarded than the current games while being stuck with level up movesets that have less variety than they do now while you can deck yourself out with basic mon that can break the game like Gyarados, Tauros, Ninetails, Kadabra and even Vileplume?
No. It's extremely hard to find a Pokemon that wouldn't give you the edge over the AI players by just going with the level up sets. Even those weird TMs you mentioned could be good because of how broken everything is. Were they like that in current games you would be shit out of luck.

>Gen 1 was the closest thing to balanced
By being the least balanced of any Pokemon game to date?
>>
>>28579285
What did I leave out anon?
>>
>>28579106
>SM has Gen Vs EXP system

[citation needed]
>>
>>28579306
hard mode
>>
>>28579312
"closest thing to". I didn't say Gen 1 was perfectly balanced, but it does give you the fewest advantages over NPCs out of any game.
>>
>>28579444
I would say gen 4 actually. I don't know where besides 1 and 6 where bosses just used level up sets

4 was the peak for fairnes. While also BW limited many good Tm's until postgame, or charged huge prices
>>
>>28579351
What about it?
Hard modes aren't hard if you choose to use all of the features and content available to you.
>>
>>28579324
It's hilarious how uninformed people are about this. I'm not blaming you, but it kinda sucks just how underappreciated this news was.

It was from a forum post I think in smogon way back during E3. People noticed that the experienced gained varied with the same pokemon. I can't find the forum post but if you do you're own research you can tell too.

From googling I can only find this:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-new-info-post-5834.3549746/page-144#post-6853938

There was one with screenshots but I can't find it anymore.

And this if you're not easily triggered:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/4o2b94/generation_v_exp_system_back_for_sunmoon/
>>
>>28579541
oh thats cool, so then if they bring back the Gen 6 EXP share then it should balance out? I hope the old EXP share comes back

along with challenge mode
>>
>>28579488
You still had plenty of powerful held items to give you an advantage in Gen 4. And I'm talking about havng advantages over average trainers too, not just gym leaders.
>>
>>28579520
It's literal a feature in the game to make it harder you goal post moving fag

Also gen 5 exp system made it harder to overlevel
>>
>>28573989
I never said it was difficult.

I said that it's not right. It shouldn't be like that.
>>
>>28579652
>implying a HP increase is making something hard
That HP increase is also negligible if you use what you're given and the additional features.
>>
>>28579683
I listed 2 features that make the game harder, but they don't count I guess?
>>
>>28579734
>I listed 2 features that make the game harder
You listed two features that make the game more tedious.

1. Making something a damage sponge isn't the same as making something harder. It just means you'll take longer with it than you did before. In other words it's a war of attrition.

2. The Exp System in addition to being made redundant due to Audino, also made it easier to bring up lower leveled pokemon up to the rest of your team so instead of one overleveled Pokemon you have a group of same leveled pokemon near, equal to or slightly exceeding the highest leveled trainer of that area. Keeping in mind that at the very least being five levels below is sufficient to beat trainers with ease.

Come back when you know the difference between tedium and difficulty.
>>
>>28579943
Oh you mean like adding Pokemon to teams and changing movesets? Or even adding hold items?
>>
>>28579974
>Oh you mean like adding Pokemon to teams and changing movesets? Or even adding hold items?
You're on the right track at least. But the thing that's needed the most is a new AI that can utilize these changes.
That's why not even challenge mode was a challenge the AI was still the same.
>>
>>28580094
It does increase their AI though according to Bulbapedia and Serebii.

I honestly am starting to think you're baiting
>>
>>28580145
>according to Bulbapedia and Serebii.
It doesn't, they make the same old mistakes as they do on normal. The only thing it changes is the moveset and the level.
>>
>>28580183
[citation needed]
>>
>>28580145
If it does it doesn't increase it enough to make a difference.
>>
>>28580280
See >>28580228

All you asked for if it makes the game harder and by definition it does, even if it's minuscule, it still does

Now fuck off
>>
>>28580343
>implying I'm the same anon
>implying it made it harder
Are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting now or what?

Because if it doesn't change how the AI fucking acts then it's not changing the damn difficulty you retard. You could just mindlessly bash the A button until you win just like you could with the other modes.
>>
What would XY be like with Exp Share on but zero grinding against wild Pokémon (with the exception of the Exp you get from catching them)?
>>
File: 1461047424397.gif (494KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1461047424397.gif
494KB, 500x259px
>>28570037
>you have the option to not use an item
>use it anyway
>"wtf, where is the option to reject it?"
Stick your "no reason not to use it" right in your ass. Do not use the item that lessens your experience. There, it's your reason.

I legitimately think people like you are genuine autists who find problems where there are none.
>>
I use experience share. But I avoid as much wild battles as possible. And if I start to feel I'm getting too high, I start skipping optional trainers too. Just means I can avoid grinding for the sake of grinding.
>>
>>28581149

if you are beating all the trainers, then you will be suitably leveled. Maybe a touch higher. Avoid trainers that aren't really in your path(like not clearing split routes, not battling people that you need to ask, not deliberately hunting down every single trainer, etc) and you will be perfectly fine. I'm doing it with ORAS and I'm keeping up with the gym levels.
>>
>>28581699
>If you want to have fun playing Pokemon, don't battle.
Gee, thanks.
>>
>>28575054
>nuzlocke
>getting decent team
???
There are some lies going on in this statement. Smelled pretty funky when you claimed to have never required grinding in any nuzlocke. But hey, I'm sure you're one of those people who cleared the game with a level 3 rattata as well.
>>
>>28571754
dude I know I'm late af but this guy sounds exactly like the guy who's life was "ruined by Pokemon" when he joked about beating his girlfriend
>>
EXP Share is very nice in concept, but just needed to be better execution wise for ingame.

Postgame its wonderful as it makes EV training Daycare Mons so much more convient as you can EV train up to 5 Pokemon at the same time.
>>
>>28576478

>special quagsire
>>
>>28581928

>fighting trash trainers and destroying tons of wold pokemon is fun
>>
File: 1471897845196.jpg (9KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471897845196.jpg
9KB, 203x200px
>Have both EXP Share and EXP All and both are given at the same time
>Have the Gen V exp scaling
>Have interchangable in-game difficulty

Normal:
>EXP scaling only gives more for fighting higher leveled pokemon, will not give less for fighting lower leveled
>When EXP items are given, EXP All is automatically on by default
>Basically the "fuck the level curve im casual" difficulty ala XY/ORAS

Hard:
>EXP scaling works normally
>Slightly harder AI
>More pokemon per trainer and better movesets&items
>you don't get extra EXP for switching and catching
>EXP All is off by default when given

Challenge:
>Same as hard mode but AI is much smarter, even more pokemon per trainer, and better movesets&items

>All difficulties are beatable without grinding
>The interchangeability means you can switch back and forth whenever you're having trouble progressing, eliminating the need to grind.
>The higher the difficulty you play in, the better the rewards.

There. Everyone's happy.
>>
>>28570037
There were a LOT of things in XY that were MUCH worse than the exp share.
>>
>>28583006
Dude all they have to do is give the Trainer's Pokémon some IV's. Every single one in the game save for the Champion has 0 IV's in all stats.
>>
File: 102384-1301051510.png (2KB, 56x55px) Image search: [Google]
102384-1301051510.png
2KB, 56x55px
>>28569996
>tfw they'll make Switch even more noob friendly, letting you switch anytime without using your turn
>DUDE JUST USE SET LMOA
>>
>>28583068
>b-but...what if I prefered the old Switch?
>DUDE YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME LMAO
>>
File: 1464727143003.png (144KB, 900x907px) Image search: [Google]
1464727143003.png
144KB, 900x907px
>>28583050
No see, with this you can please every type of gamer. Number of IVs per trainer could also factor into difficulty settings though, I suppose.
>>
>>28577518
I thought it was available at the start. That makes it even worse if it just shows up partway through the game.
>>
>>28577451
>I heard ORAS was terrible at this though and you will end up overleveled regardless
You heard wrong. In Y i was just 6 levels behind the E4, but in AS i got a whole 10. While not having even Swampert by the sixth gym.
>>
>>28579099
Yes you can? You just have to do the mega battle.
>>
>>28583050
>Every single one in the game save for the Champion
So do gym leaders, rivals, team leaders, ace trainers, veterans, and black belts. IVs are not the problem with Pokemon's difficulty.
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.