[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good teammates for Banded Terrakion in OU? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (24KB, 634x154px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 634x154px
What are some good teammates for Banded Terrakion in OU?

I was thinking of pairing it with Talonflame, with the idea being: weaken Landorus-T/other checks to the point where either Terrakion or Talonflame can sweep.

I think Healing Wish Latias would pair well with the trio, as it takes on Keldeo and Rotom-W and Terrakion makes Bisharp and Tyranitar think twice before going for Pursuit or setting up because of Justified.

>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Clefable: 235-277 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>-1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 127-150 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 16.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
>-1 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 178-210 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 204-241 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>52 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 168-198 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 201-237 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This set isn't what I plan to use since Terrakion can't really stay in on the common Sleep inducers anyway, just not sure what to do with the last two slots.

Maybe Spikes + SR support to help turn those possible 2HKOs into guaranteed 2HKOs? I'd still need a Mega.
>>
Yanmega is a great partner for terak actually.
OHKO's lando and chomp with Hp ice
And 2HKoes most Rotom's hippos ttar's and bulky water types with bug buzz.
Of course this would be Life orb modest Yanmega. It also gets Ancient power which ohkos mega zard
>>
>>28569714
I think it's just walled by too many things. It really suffers from 4MSS. It wants to run Protect for guaranteed Speed Boosts, and then it can choose a wide array of moves, all of which it sorely wants to run at the same time: Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Ice/Ground, even AncientPower like you said. Rocks weakness and no bulk are also really detrimental.
>>
>>28569872
Go Tinted Lens and fuck up switch ins.
>>
>>28569941
Can I get a recommendation that isn't a shitmon?
>>
>>28569956
>yanmega
>shitmon
>>
>>28569656
Sounds like a good enough core. Now you just need some volt-turn action to bring Terrakion in safely.
>>
>>28569956
>asks for suggestions
>don't suggest that hurr
I seriously hope no one helps you, you ungrateful faggot.
>>
>>28569956
no faggot
>>
>>28569975
>>28570076
It's just not good enough, dude, you need to bring it in on things that are slower since you're not running Speed Boost but you have to do that while managing to keep rocks off, and it isn't strong enough to OHKO anything while most of the tier can OHKO it right back or just flat-out wall it.

>>28569976
Was never a fan of muhmentum, it just feels too generic. "just slap on Scarf Landorus-T/Mega Scizor/Rotom-W and threat of choice whether it be M-Medicham, Crawdaunt, KyuB etc, click U-Turn forever". I've seen too many teams like that and if I'm doing that I may as well run M-Medicham, as I think it fits on VoltTurn better. What I want to run is a team that can weaken physical walls like Lando-T for other physical attackers to lay down the hurt.
>>
Pokemon that appreciate Choice Band Terrakion's natural wallbreaking potential, such as Swords Dance Talonflame, Weavile, Mega Scizor, and Mega Lopunny, make good teammates. The last forms a fantastic Fighting-spam core and together they break down each other's checks and counters. Latias and Latios are able to safely switch into Fighting-, Water-, and Ground-type attacks targeted at Terrakion, and Terrakion is able to get a Justified Attack boost from Dark-type attacks aimed at the duo. Grass-types, such as Serperior, Mega Venusaur, and Celebi, are able to defeat the likes of Azumarill, Hippowdon, Slowbro, Suicune, and Landorus-T. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Rotom-W, Thundurus, and Raikou handle Water-types that are able to stomach Terrakion's attacks. Dark-types, such as Bisharp and Weavile, defeat Slowbro and Celebi and pressure Hippowdon and Gliscor. Fairy-types, such as Mega Altaria, Clefable, and Mega Gardevoir, maul physical walls and Mega Sableye, allowing Terrakion to go wild late game with Close Combat. Magnezone traps and KOes Mega Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn, which can all handle a Terrakion locked into the wrong move. Hazard setters such as Klefki, which can provide speed control with Thunder Wave, Tyranitar, which gives Terrakion a Special Defense boost but shares awful typing synergy with it; and Landorus-T, which help Terrakion achieve OHKOs or 2HKOs it could not normally get.
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 883x324px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 883x324px
>>28570194
Thank you for the recommendation.

/vp/ used to have teambuilding threads all the time where people would help each other out but I guess anyone with a lick of competitive know-how has jumped ship.
>>
>>28570115
>boo hoo i have to learn speed tiers!!
>bawww it doesn't kill everything in one hit!!

Christ you are the worst type of fucking baby. Just copy and paste the top rated team and use that if you don't want to actually put effort into this.
>>
>>28569656
I'd use a Wish Passer either on top of Healing Wish support or in its place.

SpDef Jirachi is a great option here. It shields you from Fairies and Psychic types and Grass types like Mega Venu.

Iron Head, U-Turn, Wish, Protect

The problem then becomes dealing with Ground types, since they are switched in and threaten both of these guys. Steel too, to an extent.

Rotom-W is great for handling Ground along with Mega Scizor, but Slowbro is great for handling Fighting, like Mega Lop or Mega Medi who can walk over the other guys (including Rotom-W).

If you just want to play big offense, bring Kyu-B or even regular Kyurem with Specs or LO, or you could bring Volcanion as long as you play around the Ground weakness, since those are the biggest punishers of Banded Terrak's switch-ins. I wouldn't recommend Keldeo since Grass is already a pain for the team.

Volc and Kyu-B are especially great for handling Azu, who might want to take advantage of your team.
>>
Don't run protect.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesoususpecttest-434684758
Lando/Terrak/Yanmega/Lati@s/MegaMeta/Clefable
Could be something good
>>
>>28570396
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-436444852 *
>>
>>28570342
I think Latias would work over Jirachi solely to take on Water-types; Keldeo, Starmie, Manaphy, Slowbro all are massive problems to the set of Pokemon you listed. Latias can take the hits better and can Defog the rocks that threaten Talonflame.

And yeah Excadrill would be a huge problem to a team like this, but Excadrill is a huge problem in general, unless you've got defensive Skarm/Lando-T.

>>28570421
That opponent was inexperienced. Weavile should have come out before anything else, he sent out Manaphy while Sun was up weakening Water-moves when Yanmega commonly carries Giga Drain anyway, and the trash talk at the end was immature, the opponent was obviously inexperienced.

I still don't see why everyone is insisting on Yanmega. It really isn't good. It can dent unprepared teams, yeah, but overall you're just better off running anything else.

>>28570324
That's not what I said at all, the problem is that it's just walled by too many things and it's just too much effort to keep rocks off just for something that can't hit as hard as, like, Specs Keldeo.
Talonflame has priority Roost and isn't walled by like 3/4 of the tier so rocks isn't as much of a problem for it
>>
>>28570733
I'm just not a big fan of the Latis in general for competitive (although ironically Latios is my favorite mon). Tyranitar catching them at virtually anytime brings your team count down by 1. Jirachi on the other hand has the function of playing around it with the combination of U-Turn and Protect, since it can Protect to scout the first turn and either hard-switch on a locked Crunch, U-Turn on a Scarf Pursuit, or Iron Head it down on a Banded Pursuit. Plus it deals with Fairies where Latias doesn't. Not to mention a good deal of Keldeo users and sometimes even Manaphy users pair them with a Pursuit trapper for the Latis anyhow.

I do like Latias as a Mega Char Y switch-in and Defogger in one, at the least, but common Y cores all run Ttar too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.