[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... was this guy supposed to be Pokemon Hitler? Seriously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

So... was this guy supposed to be Pokemon Hitler?

Seriously, he was one speech away from "CLEANSE THE MUD RACES."
>>
Did he died?
>>
>>28562160
He definitely was an elitist and some utopian visionary guy or something.

The money they wanted in the games pretty high so they already were offing poor people.
>>28562177
Yes. Guess who killed him.

bonnie; indirectly, but still.
>>
>>28562193
FYI, the spoiler refers to the anime. No idea about the games; likely dead in Y, maybe dead-maybe not in X
>>
I think he may be even slightly worse than Hitler. Hitler only wanted to wipe out races, nationalities, and ways of life he deemed unacceptable and inferior. He was terrible, but he stuck to his targets. Lysandre didn't just want the undesirables cleared out, but was willing to take millions of innocent Pokemon out with them. He acknowledged that it was bad, even shed tears, but he still planned to go through with it. He was a monster.
>>
>>28562160
He was so hot :( why did they have to kill him?
HE DID NOTHING WRONG!
>>
File: Lysandre.png (164KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Lysandre.png
164KB, 500x264px
>>28562193
>they already were offing poor people
It's a crappy way to pick who stays and who goes, but at least having the option to buy your way in means good things for the team.

1) The team doesn't have to rob and steal as it already has money. No distractions from your goals.

2) It gives people who aren't amazing trainers a chance to make it. Remember how he offers you a slot, no money involved, because you're good? Now, remember that most of the pokemon world is made up of non-combat trainers with maybe one "pet" pokemon.

3) By making the trainers who have NOT proven themselves pay money it reduces the chances of disloyal team members. Sunk Cost Fallacy at it's best.

Also, sadly, Lysandre has a point if the Pokemon world mirrors the real one. It currently would take multiple earths to comfortably sustain the human race. We're about 5 billion people over stable population. Most of earths' population is starving and suffering from our overpopulation, human and animal alike. Now, add creatures that are basically lesser gods into the mix and you see why he thinks actions need to be taken.

> Some more info on why Lysandre was on to something...

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/08/earth-overshoot-day-arrives-earlier-than-ever/
> Earth Overshoot day

http://returntonow.net/2016/08/28/earth-overpopulated-no-cannot-live-state-texas/
> Despite old adages, population is about resource use and not density.
>>
>>28562177
Nah, he immortaled.
>>
>>28562388
Counterpoint: Instead of getting the best innovators and successful people with his $5,000,000 fee, he got a whole bunch of trust-fund babies. Had he actually gone through with his plan, most of Team Flare would've whined from having to do physical labor until they all died.
>>
>>28562257
He actually legit was very attractive
>>
>>28562160
The anime kind of sucks with depicting villains past Giovanni.

Then again, my memory is fuzzy of Archie.
>>
>>28562523
Who says he didn't use the trust fund babis money to attract scientists and such? Science is not cheap.
>>
>>28562630
Lysandre was depicted well in the anime.
>>
Cult, not Nazis.
>>
File: 00074.gif (598KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
00074.gif
598KB, 500x253px
His rants never made much sense to me. I get the whole overpopulation thing, but he also talks against greed and yet his Chosen People are selected purely based on wealth.

Does anyone look at the Flare grunts and think "wow, these are the people who will make the new world perfect"?

That said, in a way he was the most realistic villain in the series (after Giovanni, who was just a gangster after money/power, of course). A 1% elitist who blames the poor for the world running out of resources and calls them greedy while himself indulging in unnecessary luxury? That's the mentality of most of the people who run this world.

>>28562523
Aren't the prices same in the JP and english version of the games? Then it would be equivalent to 5 million yen, so about 50k dollars. Still a lot of money, but not as absurd.

>>28563989
Yes, I think cult leader is a better comparison.
>>
>>28562177
In X he's immortal and buried alive for the rest of time and in Y he's dead.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.