[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else have a godawful time grinding for the Elite 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Did anyone else have a godawful time grinding for the Elite 4 back in the GBA Ruby days? I booted up an old copy where I had stopped right at the end of Victory Road. I had hoped to quickly beat them so I could scoop up my Latios and transfer it into the future.

But this is balls. This is absolute balls. I've been trying to grind for hours but so far I've only gotten them from 39ish-45ish and they have to be at least 55, probably, for me to make it through.

Trainers Eyes takes forever to kick up new trainers. Should I just grind on the reporters? Wild Victory Road Pokemon?
>>
The trick is to grind all your guys 5-10 levels between each gym.
It sucks but if you don't then you end up in your situation, not underleveled but just sort of stuck.
5-10 levels per mon keeps you at a good pace.
>>
>>28561682
I can't decide if I resent this expected grinding or the new baby difficulty in the remake more. They are both bad.
>>
>>28561661
Since NPCs don't even switch you can just whack them with your stronk moves and be like 12+ levels under and still wreck them completely.
>>
There's never been a game where you had to actually grind to beat it, even with a full party of 6. As long as you fight all the trainers you meet it should be enough. Yes, you'll be somewhat underleveled, but at least it's now a somewhat decent challenge instead of boring.
>>
>>28561661
If you really have to grind, don't bother going back to any trainers. They're so low level that it's barely worth the journey. Just go to Victory Road. I'm at the same stage

Also, what>>28561733
>>28561717
Said.
>>
>>28561661
Ever considered fighting E4 to level up? Works pretty well.
>>
>>28561791
That's basically what I've been doing for 3-4 hours, still lose always to the third ice lady. I'm starting to think that the team I made years ago and abandoned is really poorly composed.

Sceptile
Relicanth
Absol
Altaria
Ninjask
Groudon

Why the fuck did I not raise a fighting type. Why
>>
>>28561661
Dude, just use AR to give yourself a fuckload of Rare Candies.
>>
>>28561661
you got an r4 card and an ds with two slots?

then edit your savefile and boost your pokemon how you like it
>>
Daily reminder that if you can't beat the E4, you're worse at the game than actual children.
>>
>>28561717
NPCs do switch, but regular guys only do so in certain situations.

In a HGSS randomizer, I had a fucking Mr. Generic Trainer switch out his Natural Cure mon once I put it to sleep.
>>
>>28561858
>has Groudon, Sceptile, and Relicanth
>can't beat Glacia
>>
>>28561858
Is this bait? Actually chuckled.
>>
>>28561661

you can keep battling the double battle camera guy and interview woman over again. they follow a specific spawn point
>>
>>28561661
>Did anyone else have a godawful time grinding for the Elite 4 back in the GBA Ruby days?
No. You don't even need to battle every trainer to be at an adequate level.
>>
>>28561661
>Did anyone else have a godawful time grinding for the Elite 4 back in the GBA Ruby days?

No
Specially not in LeafGreen/FireRed that added the versus seeker and the Sevii Islands sidequests

And if you don't want to grind you can literally throw yourself on Lorelei over and over reaping the juicy xp that defeating at least one of her mons give till you're leveled enough to defeat her. By the time you can beat her and reach Bruno, it's a big fat sack of instant free xp leading you to Agatha, and from there it doesn't take long to beat the E4
>>
>>28561661
Just keep running back and forth between Mawile and Verdanturf. There's a big chance of rematching trainers if you are near them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.