[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain this bullshit? Some starters are obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: starters.png (538KB, 1164x725px) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
538KB, 1164x725px
Can someone explain this bullshit? Some starters are obviously female oriented yet they've been doing this for 6 generations now. I have little hope it'll change this time.
>>
>>28561529
Most players are male kids and they want male pokemons.
I know I do.
>>
they do this with all one off gift pokemon so it's harder to reproduce them. see eevee and togepi for example
>>
>>28561547
it's also the lore reason for why they're one-off gift pokemon in the first place
>>
>>28561529
I always imagined they did it purposefully to make breeding a pain in the dick.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-15-23-34-41.jpg (46KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-15-23-34-41.jpg
46KB, 217x217px
>>
It is likely this was initially done due to pretty much every last kid playing the first generations of games being male. They would likely want a male starter. Nowadays however, it is just a old tradition. If there was a generation to start a 50/50% split of starter genders this is it with all the major changes coming.
>>
>>28561567
This
>>
>>28561850
>>28561545
If this was true why wouldn't they just tie the sex of your starter to the sex of your character?

In my opinion it's likely the breeding reason. Sure you can always just get Ditto but in most games you have to wait until the 6th or 7th gym to get Ditto at all, or even the post game.

I also have my autistic headcanon reasoning for it. You never find starters out in the wild, so presumably the must be quite rare. However, they're perfect to give them out as starters since they have a good balance between power and ease of training. So the professors get them from some sort of reserve for starter pokemon - usually they only take the males since one male can still easily breed with several females but the opposite can't occur, so taking mostly males helps keep the population steady.
>>
>>28561923
Because you might want the opposite gender Pokemon, you fag.
>>
>>28561955
Even still you can just invert the gender ratio. So 87.5% of male if your character is male, 87.5% of female if your character is female.
>>
It's to discourage constant resets for a breeding female

If it were 50-50 then there'd be no reason not to do the esy 1-3 resets for a breeder.
>>
>>28561971
female would make them easy to breed you dolt
egg groups
>>
>>28561547
>>28561560
>>28561567
/thread
>>
>>28561529
I bet you get triggered by female machamps
>>
>>28562034
Who doesn't? It's clearly a male pokemon.
>>
>>28562071
I use female machamps and male gardevoirs

come at me bro
>>
>>28562034
I get triggered at female mr. mimes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.