[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he made the mistake of choosing the first flying type he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 600px-018Pidgeot.png (252KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-018Pidgeot.png
252KB, 600x600px
>he made the mistake of choosing the first flying type he came across as his main flying type throughout the game
>>
>>28558600
Pidgeot is one of the best flying types of all
>>
>>28559155
worst*

FTFY
>>
Staraptor was pretty decent
>>
>>28558600

Nigga, the only early bird that was bad in-game was Unfezant and possibly Noctowl.
>>
>>28559206
Staraptor is the absolute shit

>>28559256
100% true. OP could learn a think or two from you
>>
Preach it OP, I can't believe I chose this piece of shit for my team.
>>
>>28558600
Thanks to hyper beam, pidgeot was actually decent in gen 1.
>>
>>28559256
>>28559396
Weird. My Unfeazant was an MVP in my White 2 Challenge Mode nuzlocke.

Super Luck + Scope Lens + STAB Return was beastly.
>>
>>28559256
Even Noctowl has the Niche of completely shutting down Morty, but unfezant is pure shit.

It's rather disappointing, because I love Pidove's design, tranquil and unfezant are garbage though
>>
>>28559433
Without Gale Wing it's shit
>>
>>28559396
>Staraptor is the absolute shit
Even in-game in Gen IV using Fly, Close Combat and Double Edge, Staraptor was really good.
>>
Worst yet is I always forget to find a good flyer until it's too late. Stuck with sigilyph in gen 5 cause fly hm was so early.
>>
>>28559486

My nigga. I also had a Super Luck Unfezant in my White 2 Challenge nuzlocke. Shit was cash. Even Quick Attack would do loads of damage with crits.
>>
>>28559155
Lol even Fearow outclasses this shitty bird in Gen 1.
>>
>>28559396
>Staraptor is the absolute shit

agreed. insane bird that hits like a truck.
mine even had the rivalry ability so he'd crit male opponents like he was Hulk.
>>
>>28559486
Unfeazant has surprisingly high attack once I finally bothered to try keeping one on my team in one of my latest nuzlocke runs. Especially nice if you manage to catch one with Super Luck and equip it with a Scope Lens like others have previously mentioned.
>>
>>28559532
I think the anon you quoted was meaning that as a compliment, desu
>>
http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/compare_pokemon?pokemon=Pidgeot&pokemon=Fearow&pokemon=Dodrio&pokemon=Farfetch%27d&version_group=1

Who wins, /vp/?

I put Farfetch'd in there because despite being an HM slave it IS a Normal/Flying type
>>
I liked Swellow and Staraptor
>>
File: dodrio.jpg (123KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
dodrio.jpg
123KB, 500x600px
>>28562941
Pre-gen VI, Dodrio by far. Post gen-VI, it's sadly Pidgeot
>>
>>28559155
>>28560344
I recently used both Pidgey-line and Spearow-line side by side in a Gen 1 play through. From Viridian City all they way to the Elite 4. They were both underwhelming, their only highlight came in Celadon City and getting the Fly HM, giving them at least one offensive move. Fearow does evolve to its final form earlier and becomes slightly better when it learns Drill Peck. But they both suffer from the Gen 1 syndrome of only learning useful moves via TMs/HMs.
>>
Far-fetched wrecked everyone in my first play through of Y.
>>
>>28559256
You could have waited a little bit longer for that Braiviary or mandibuzz
>>
Staraptor is one of the best in-game mons ever, certainly in DPPt. I mean, any combination of Return, Fly, Close Combat, U-Turn, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace and Brave Bird, with decent speed and a very solid attack stat, plus Intimidate. Starly even learns Wing Attack very early and evolves by level 14. Considering that Gale Wings is HA for Smogon-bird (and even then, I think Staraptor gets the advantage for in-game use), Staraptor is the champion bar none of the regional birds.

>>28563106
In BW2 maybe, but in BW they come very late and evolve even later. Clearly some retards were working at GF's game design division the day they decided that.
>>
>>28565907
Everything from gen5 evolves super late
>>
>>28565942
You can see how they realized they made a terrible decision and decided to put some fully evolved pokémon earlier so that you could actually use them in the game (Volcarona and the birds).

Of course, the same thing happened in the next generation, though this time not with evolutions, but with mega-evolutions.
>>
>>28559515
It's still pretty fast and will outspeed most in game opponents anyway, so what difference does it make for in game?
>>
File: 600px-018Pidgeot-Mega.png (204KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-018Pidgeot-Mega.png
204KB, 600x600px
>>28558600
Last time i checked, Pidgeot is the only regional bird with a mega
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.