[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now, I'm not here to argue the validity (or lack of ) of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

File: Untitled.png (146KB, 895x326px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
146KB, 895x326px
Now, I'm not here to argue the validity (or lack of ) of the starter leaks that we've seen lately. I'm pretty neutral. I just think that The arguments have been a little one sided for the denialfags, and I thought i'd be nice an throw them a bone. Here's a peice of evidence i haven't seen yet.

The leaks clearly show Mallow next to Ash, however Ash doesn't look the same, specifically his hat. His hat in the recent trailer is undeniably different from any portion of the anime so far, as well as the leaks. In paint, i outlined what his might look like in the leaks, and its clearly much different than the anime trailer.

Leakfags claim that the leaks are valid and that the starter will not change, due to Mallow's FINAL design being present, meaning that the starters must also be FINAL. If Mallow's anime design was finalized, why is Ash different from his finalized version in the anime.
>>
Also, can someone tell me why Mallow's final design next to the leaked starters means that the leaked starters must be final? Could they not just say, 'here's a mockup of what a starter might look like, why don't we put Mallow next to Litten3 in order to see what that might look like?' But that still raises the question of why Ash isn't finalized in that pic. Whether he was still in dev. stages like the starters would be, or maybe the leaks are fake.
>>
>>28555673
Comparing a hat, which is a non-essential detail, to a starter pokemon is stupid Anon. And comparing it to a fully fleshed out character is in the same category. I'm sure even you know that.

Mallow isn't just a character in the anime, she's a trial caption in the Sun/Moon games. Also the riddler iirc has said that the starter evo's are confirmed. Now if I have to explain to you why the Riddler is someone with real information, you're going to have to find that yourself.
>>
>>28555836
But Mallow is there with her flower and short-shorts, and what looks like an apron. But a huge character like ash doesn't even have any detail. Even the blue and white shirt was a thing before any of this ever happened yet ash isn't wearing that either.

I agree with you that the Riddler is someone who should be reckoned with, but it just doesn't add up in my mind.
>>
File: ghfbfvn.png (484KB, 662x458px) Image search: [Google]
ghfbfvn.png
484KB, 662x458px
. . .
>>
>>28555978
I get that Ash has been revealed in a trailer or CoroCoro un-finalized. But don't you tend to wonder why finalized Mallow is next to un-finalized Ash? By that logic, the starter evolutions could look completely different npw, just like ash looks different from leaks to trailer!
>>
>>28556073
>hat is slightly different
>THAT MEANS THE STARTERS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!
no, it means that they can have slight differences, which no one with a brain denied.
>>
>>28556073
I think it's because Ash is an Anime only character.
Mallow as a character was developed way earlier, as was sleepycat.
>>
>>28556073
Because Ash's final design is specific to the anime while the starter's anime art is based off the designs created for the game.

It's not hard to understand, anon.
>>
>>28555673
Even if that is Mallow, it's not the same as her final design. The details are noticably different.
>>
>>28555673
Wow and actual thread with intelligent wording and good arguments? Good job OP! I'm neutral as well, I think this can either be 100% real or beta designs, it just comes down to more rock solid evidence in favor to a side, like how the fake fags now have more of an argument to why they're not final, and like how Mallows official reveal brought the leaks credibility up to the table. Only time will tell, but man am I skeptical!
>>
>>28556137
>>28556147
See that's what i was thinking, I needed confirmation tho. It was really bothering me. But I'm going to prepare for slightly altered starter evolution's. I just figured if they were gonna put finalized designs everywhere, they wouldn't put a concept of ash inside what looks like concept art.

>>28556172
Thanks bro.
>>
>>28556073
>a detail in a anime character is slightly different
Why not?

>Mallow or the starters, characters actually not belonging to anime but games (copied from 3d models created SEVERAL months before) looks completely different
Are you stupid?
>>
Maybe they've changed Ash's hat after they've finished Luchalitten's concept art sheet so they did not bother updating that.
>>
>>28555958
Ash is an anime character. Mallow is a game character. This art is from the game team being sent to the anime team so the animators know how to portray the pokemon. The game team doesnt need to be concerned with how Ash looks and they probably don't even design Ash.
>>
If the starters are finalized, why don't they have names like every other finalized reference sheet of a Pokemon has? They're just called Litten3, Rowlet3, and Popplio3, not Beltigre, Archowl, and Poppmaid.
And why the reference in such low resolution?
>>
The same reason Mallow's hair does not perfectly line up with its pigtail curl: shitty corner doodle
>>
>>28556318
I'm neutral too, and this is the only/most compeling argument I've seen against the leaks.
>>
>>28555673
>why is Ash different from his finalized version in the anime
He isn't. It's a rough sketch and the details aren't exact. The so called different hat is just an attempt to spend less time drawing the symbol on the hat and more time drawing the design the picture is centered around. Ash also lacks the stripes on his shirt and half of his legs but no one uses those details as an argument against the picture's legitimacy.
>>
>>28556318
Look at the reference art where Dewott and Servine first leaked. They didn't have names either.
>>
>>28557264
If I recall correctly, wasn't it just the final art for the gen V starters that was leaked, or was it their full reference sheets? I think it was just the final art.
>>
>>28557400
Final art.
>>
>>28555673
It's simply too small of a detail to consider important.

This is the same as saying that Mallow's flower lacks the stamen and other sexual organs, therefore the leaks aren't real.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 400x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 400x370px
>>28555673
You colored it wrong ya fucking dope. The actual sketch of the hat has two circles, one slightly connected to the hat probably because small sized doodle, and a thin line through them to signify separation. I wish these fucking leaks were so JPG-y
>>
And this is what we call a false equivalence
>>
>>28556318
According to Sakurai, Greninja was finalized in design and chosen for Smash 3DS/Wii U long before Greninja had a name.
>>
File: Popplio tendencies.png (911KB, 1355x1374px) Image search: [Google]
Popplio tendencies.png
911KB, 1355x1374px
>>
>>28558854
post just the popplio and the other alola starter's cards please, anon
>>
>>28556318
That is not how it works.
For example, Sakurai when making Smash 4, got to see the finished concept art of Greninja and mentioned it also didn't have a name yet at the time. However, the design was finished enough, that he could start use it for the game.

The design of the Pokemon is the most important thing, names first start when the character is fully finished. Also names take a while to figure out as well, as there are probably a lot of people that decide if the name works or not.
>>
File: 1473613875893.gif (252KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473613875893.gif
252KB, 480x270px
>>28555673
OH MY MEGA FUGGING GOD! FOR THE LAST TIME, ASH DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER!

Mallow is basically a Gym Leader. Her design was finalized months ago by GF.
Ash is designed by a completely different team that has NOTHING to do with the Pokemon games.

I swear to god /vp/ is filled with braindead idiots.
>>
>>28558854
"No............ No shut up tho......... I-It can't be true, based Ballio was supposed to be happening........"

- denialfags at this point.
>>
>>28557400
Dewott and Servine had anime reference sheets leaked earlier than the famous Wottergate ones. Look it up.
>>
File: animeart.jpg (24KB, 524x238px) Image search: [Google]
animeart.jpg
24KB, 524x238px
>>28555673
>>
>>28558854
Chespin learns bite and Froakie lick before evolving, that doesn't prove popplio will evolve into a fairy. But then again, they already broke patterns by having starters know a stab move immediately, so who knows. What I'm saying is that it's not watertight evidence
>>
>>28561614
Disarming voice isn't a generic animal based move like bite is. Most of the Pokemon that learn it are fairy types and an overwhelmingly majority of the pokemon that learn it are feminine.
>>
>>28558854
Wait, are they gonna have that effectiveness data showing all the time during battles? That's retarded. They want to take what's already the easiest part of the game, type matchups, and make it infinitely easier.
>>
It's a sketch.
>>
>>28561688
Maybe you can just disable it, we don't know
But with the introduction of alola forms and 18 different types, it's not that bad of a feature, specially for newcomers.
Veterans won't need it and eventually forget it's there, and come on, newbies will simply search for the type table online, they won't bother to try and guess by trial and error. Having it on the game does no difference
>>
>>28561688
You need to have already encountered the pokemin for it to appear, which makes more sense.
>>
>>28561688
It will help newbie A LOT. I've seen quite a lot of people having trouble memorizing 18 different types and all their match-ups.
>>
>>28561759
I forgot to say, this will allow them to introduce even more types in the future if the feature stays, because they won't have to worry about the type table becoming too confusing
>>
File: 1473937860357.jpg (30KB, 406x722px) Image search: [Google]
1473937860357.jpg
30KB, 406x722px
>>28555673
>>
>>28561378
>Ash is designed by a team that has nothing to do with the games
OH MY MEGA FUCKING GOD

Quit being such an autist. Ash's outfit has been ripped straight from the game protagonists 2 gens in a row now.

Just be more butthurt about your fake luchacat.
>>
>>28561790
Oh...
>>
I hope this thread is still up when the evos get revealed
>>
>>28561688
It's good for if you know all your type matchups, but I've been playing this series for 19 years and I still don't. I am grateful for this new function.
>>
>>28561506
This completely BTFOs
>>28557264
>>28558529
>>28561280
Servine and friends here all had their official names for Anime reference art. Gamefreak has never used name placeholders like that.
>>
>>28561937
>Gamefreak has never used name placeholders like that.

This is the same argument as "the art style is too different".
>>
>>28561937
Except that's not its name on the reference art you retard.
>>
>>28561867
Correction, his outfit has been ripped for 3 gens, but there have always been some subtle changes. Even this outfit is a same as the Male SM protagonists, with swapped colors for the strips to make Ash look retarded.

Do you honestly think at any point they considered giving Ash a white T-shirt with no design? That is just a rough sketch of Ash, not his final design.
>>
File: Not Mallow.png (226KB, 975x741px) Image search: [Google]
Not Mallow.png
226KB, 975x741px
>>28561937
You're retarded

Funny how leakfags can finally notice differences, though. Only really works for you when you want it to, huh? because that's not Mallow in the Tiger3 art
>>
>>28562374
Retarded
>>
>>28562374
Leakfags should see this, because it completely and utterly destroys every single argument they ever had. Then again, leakfags will ignore concrete evidence.
>>
File: 1472749665798.png (274KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
1472749665798.png
274KB, 900x654px
>>28562374
First of all, that is not an concept art of Mallow. It was a concept art of the Starter Pokemon.

Second, that image is in REALLY low quality and, on top that, the image is really small. Getting all the details perfect would be impossible.

>Ponytail splits at shoulder
Not true. Look again, it splits above shoulder, just a bit lower than her ear. The image is small and LQ, so I can understand not getting where her shoulder was supposed to be.

>No knot visible
Correct. Nothing to say here.

>No visible headband
Wrong. The place where the headband is supposed to be at is a lot darker. It isn't clear, but again, the image is too LQ for anything to be clear.

>Bangs do not split
Again, correct.

>Ponytail swoops up
Correct again.

>No frills
Correct.

Now, notice that all of these are small details. My argument would be that the image is way too small, and insignificant to get all the details right, considering it's supposed to be the Starters' concept art what has nothing to do with Mallow.
If you were to look again, you can even Pikachu is misshaped and lacks a lot of details, and Mallow doesn't even have fingers.

My point is, her overall clothing and hair resembles Mallow. That fact does not change, even if it lacks some details. It's also true that she seems to be Ash's traveling partner in Alola, and this image depicts them together. Finally, Riddler has confirmed them to be the actual starters. In front of all this, you argue that she isn't Mallow because she like "frills".

Here's a challenge for all the denialfags. Try drawing every detail you're claiming it lacks on the image. And not on a zoomed version, draw on the original version. See how that goes and post the image.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>28563065
*lacks "frills" not likes "frills". My bad.
>>
>>28563065
How delicious that it's now the leakfags who has become the denialfags. Like pottery.
>>
>This entire thread
Can we all agree denialfags have grown beyond desperation ? And this doesn't even come from a fucking leakfag.
>>
>>28562374
You'd have to be retarded as fuck to not see thats Mallow. The most identifiable part of her is the hair shape and the flower. They match. The detailing isn't exact because its LQ as fuck, but its a match.
>>
File: autism.jpg (69KB, 470x747px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
69KB, 470x747px
>>28563325
>>
>>28563325
Bud, I was laking about those that were disproving Mallow >>28563289
>>
>>28555673
I would also replicate the hat logo with such accuracy on such a small space, totally not a problem at all
>>
File: octqap1qzeY8Os1mf4W-o.gif (188KB, 168x126px) Image search: [Google]
octqap1qzeY8Os1mf4W-o.gif
188KB, 168x126px
>>28555673
Say hello to Denial-kid
>>
Everyone is so Black/White when it comes to this concept art. As someone who is studying and in his final year towards becoming a concept artist, I can safely say that nothing in those concept pieces EXCEPT the final pokemon themselves are supposed to be drawn in full detail. The only reason that particular shot has a couple of pokemon and "trainers" in it is to give a size reference, and that doesn't require adding any specific detail at all. It is Ash and Mallow, but they were drawn at such a small and insignificant scale that there was no need to try and get all of their details 100% correct, which is why there are straws to grasp at for people who don't want to believe those are the real starters because.
>>
>>28563325
Funny that im there and I wasn't even talking about mallow, i think your filter is off, my friend.
To stay in the topic you so much insist on including everyone regardless of post content, I'm sure the leaked concept art does come from GF and it's most probably real, give or take a few details that might have changed overtime.

It is normal for both mallow and ash to be incomplete and lacking details, as some have already said, its a small doodle to illustrate the Pokémon around trainers and not the trainers actual reference sheet, but still there's some inconsistencies that make me think this might be early concept art that will later on be cleaned up before showing to the public.
For instance the presence itself of ash and mallow is weird, as this stopped to be a thing on GF's anime references back on gen1/2, and was always depicted using a really simple ash, usually without Pikachu, completely motionless with the Pokémon standing up besides him to show the Pokemon's height in comparison to a human.
Yet there's been a couple of cases in which they've done it in further gens ( Jessie's bust with her swoobat), so this could be simply one of the exceptions.

I love Rowlet3 and popplio3. I can't stand litten3 because it looks like a fire/fighting no matter what typing they give him.
I AM a balliofag. But I can't deny this is legitimately from HQ and most surely the real deal.
So why don't we just stop with generalizations and keep the thread civil, as it was until you appeared.
>>
>>28563946
literally this, it's hilarious they write as if all concept art is drawn at the same time, simultaneously and small minute details are gone back and fixed upon, like ash's outfit. it's pretty obvious Ash's design wasn't finalised until after these but obviously these people expect them to go back and fix a minute detail on an old concept art that's not even about ash.
>>
>>28563163
Oh yeah, great point. You totally made that anon shut up.

>>28563325
Learn to read dumb fag.
>>
>>28555750
why/how on earth would a beta game design have made it as far in production as to show up on an anime character reference sheet?
>>
>>28555673
>If Mallow's anime design was finalized, why is Ash different from his finalized version in the anime.
Because Mallow and the Starters are designed by GameFreak and were given to the anime team, who likely design Ash themselves, and this concept art was given to the anime team without knowledge of what Ash's design would be.
>>
>>28563325
Why did you make this reply to all but two posts in this thread? Plenty of the people you're replying to actually believe the leaks.
>>
>>28564396
And some of us weren't even talking about it in the first place
>>
>>28563065
So its needlessly small for no reason unlike other concept art game or anime, thus meaning theyre fakes?
>>
>>28564723
/thread
>>
>>28563325
>Being this obvious
at least try to be discreet about falseflagging
>>
File: pikachu-new-friends-1.jpg (66KB, 855x399px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu-new-friends-1.jpg
66KB, 855x399px
>>28560889
http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/09/pikachu-new-friends-product-image
>>
>>28563325
Pathetic
>>
File: 1471748315429s.jpg (2KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1471748315429s.jpg
2KB, 125x115px
>>28564977
The litten looks so stiff in the card,like what the fuck.The rest are fine.
>>
>>28562374
How denial fags can be so pathetic?
>>
>>28561937
Ok, but you understand that is just one sheet of hundreds that are made for concept/reference art. There is a lot of concept art that we will never ever see.

And like said, Sakurai said Greninja didn't have a name when he got the concept art for it. So obviously it happened before that a concept was done, but a name hadn't been decided yet.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.