[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wont miss Serena or Greninja. X and Y was a fun ride and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: 77.png (214KB, 590x392px) Image search: [Google]
77.png
214KB, 590x392px
I wont miss Serena or Greninja.
X and Y was a fun ride and the anime was above average, for Pokemon at least but we should give the Sun and Moon anime a chance and learn to appreciate what it is on its own.
Every time a new Pokemon generation and anime arrive we always criticize the fuck out of everything.
The writers have no clue what the fuck they are doing and this is probably why they just keep pressing the reset button every time a new generation arrives, but the Pokemon company isn't concerned with us, they are concerned with bringing in a new audience it seems like they are trying to be similar with Yokai Watch in a couple of ways.

Keep in mind Pokemon is gonna have some competition, since its not the biggest monster franchise anymore, Yokai Watch is still going and Digimon is returning with Digimon Universe.

Lets just be a little bit open I guess.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 281x200px
>>28552296
>being sane and rational
>>
>>28552296
I won't miss XY because the battles and story were great, but the characters were at thierbkeast interesting barring DP Brock and Tracey
>>
File: 1465243136595s.jpg (4KB, 125x107px) Image search: [Google]
1465243136595s.jpg
4KB, 125x107px
>>28552296
Looks like you need a bump on the noggin. Gotta beat the logic out of you.
>>
File: 1472951179883.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1472951179883.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>28552413
forgot this was /vp/
>>
>>28552439
*their least
>>
>>28552296
I get you but you still can't deny Ash looks stupid in the new style. Still it doesn't look like auto trash.

>>28552439
Why do people hate DP Brock?
>>
File: 1471471051218.jpg (14KB, 389x343px) Image search: [Google]
1471471051218.jpg
14KB, 389x343px
>>28552447
>"oh look someone who has different opinion then me"
>>
>>28552509
***********************than
>>
File: rhJSHM3.jpg (152KB, 547x683px) Image search: [Google]
rhJSHM3.jpg
152KB, 547x683px
>>28552296
>anime was above average
yeah no

I agree with everything else, though. I am optimistic about SM exactly because it looks quite a bit different.

I don't think mimicking YW is the way to stay relevant, but at least we know for sure they are acting upon it.
>>
>>28552504
He was literally only an exposition machine for what was going on in a particular Ash battle. DP Brock is worse than ANY other main group character in the entire anime.
>>
>There are people on the internet who actually think they give a shit about the story, consistency, or long-time adult fans

The anime exists as a product. It's for children. Most kids watch the anime for a season or two and then grow out of it.

Thats how it works. The show isn't made for us. It's made for 5-10 year olds.
>>
>>28552655
DP brock was pretty good in the fillers though

That, and he came with Croagunk.

Iris and May are both far worse.
>>
I'm ok with whatever. I just don't get why they felt they needed to make ash "rounder"
>>
>>28552702
Probably to make him look younger.
>>
>Every time a new Pokemon anime arrives we always criticize the fuck out of everything.

Bullshit, Black/White is probably the most hated iteration of the entire anime yet for the first 50 episodes everyone acted like it was the best Pokemon anime ever to be aired.
>>
>>28552686
Croagunk was good, yeah.

I always never get in these because it always leads to me saying I liked Iris.
>>
>>28552665
this

its fine to enjoy something that is targeted towards you but don't act like they need to change things based off what you like

at least the pokemon company acknowledges its fans with pokemon origins, generations, and the countless gen 1 pandering

its something
>>
>>28552504
Not OP, but I sure as hell deny that. I like this redesign for Ash. He actually appears to be ten years old. He looked way too fuckin old in XY.
>>
>>28552729
Best Wishes had a really strong start. It just had the worst conclusion.
>>
>>28552296
I dunno why people complain. I love the new art style! It reminds me of TRIGGER - which is a very good thing.
>>
>>28552598
>mimicking YW
Stop with this meme already. XY resembles YW more than SM does in style.
>>
File: Latios wat.png (86KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
Latios wat.png
86KB, 300x449px
>>28552726
He didn't look old before....he looks younger than his flash back selves now.
>>
>>28552760
i blame the downfall of the best wishes anime due to them not airing the team rocket vs team plasma episodes

unova is my favorite region, but i didn't like the anime a whole much
>>
>>28552665
This.
The show isn't made for anyone on this board. All the eight-year-olds just starting to grow up with the series don't give a shit about the previous series.
>>
Honestly this might be the first time I bother watching the Pokemon anime since DP just because the visuals looked really good in the trailer to me. Looked much more fluid and dynamic than the anime has been in the past. Especially when Ash does the Z-Move pose.
>>
>>28552296
>not the biggest monster franchise

Yes it is, by a large margin.
>>
>watching the ashnime

>watching a 30 minute commercial ad targeted at japanese 10 year old children

Find any excuse you want, you and anyone doing that are a bunch of turbo-autists, even for this autistic board in this autistic site.
>>
>>28552824
bruh for the first year all you ever heard about it was "OMG THE BATTLES ARE SO PRETTY" "WHERE'S TEAM ROCKET" "OMG BLACK SUITS" "WHERE'S TEAM ROCKET??" "WOAH TEAM ROCKET ARC." "THIS ANIME IS THE BEST!!!"
>>
>>28552841
I think there was an earthquake or something?

For me, I always fall of each season early, so I didn't even see all the awful stuff. Besides Ash's reset skill, all I saw was every protagonist having a rival and the god tier banter between everyone and how strong the emphasis on everyone as a group was. Plus stuff like competent Rocket, and Ash switching out, it was all great, and I ended up missing all of those leading nowhere or falling apart. Because if that, Best Wishes is honestly my favorite.
>>
>>28552963
Ha ha
>>
>>28552963
most modern anime is quickly and cheaply made to be ready on the deadlines

also how was x and y's plot decent? its literally just the same thing just this time ash got his act together and there was more stupid contest bullshit and some team flare
>>
>>28553009
It's called rationalization.

Ashnimefags have been doing it for what, 20 years? in order to explain why they watch a cartoon made for selling games and toys to children.
>>
>>28552686
>>28552738

Croagunk was the Misty, and later Max, gag with a new coat of paint.

It had grown old in Johto. Brock really should have retired with Misty.

The two had run their course and their original exit was perfect.
>>
>>28552296
I wouldn't miss Greninja if it actually got some fucking closure.

Its super special power didn't amount to anything. It lost to Charizard the same exact way before and after perfecting it, and it didn't live up to the prophecy against Zygarde.
What the fuck was even the point of it all? It was just hype that went nowhere.
>>
>>28553115
>implying brock's gag is the reason i like croagunk
Croagunk's laidback personality felt so likable and the way it was actually powerful when it got serious. That and the whole subplot with Saturn's Toxicroak.
>>
>>28552963
The animation here does look better, whether it will manage to stay consistent is unknown and unlikely, it could easily just be the trailer waving its endowments. Art style is another story. Personally, I don't like Ash's facial proportions, but otherwise it looks fine.
>>
File: 109.png (522KB, 730x460px) Image search: [Google]
109.png
522KB, 730x460px
>>28553049
yeah, the episode had something to do with team rocket and plasma fighting, and there was shit exploding and destruction etc

makes sense why they didn't air it considering the time
>>
>>28553049

BW had a strong start and was generally well liked here for the first year. American fans in general tended to be alright with it. Bulbagarden despised it pretty fiercely though because of Team Rocket. It's quick pacing and the strong chemistry early on between Iris, Cilan, and Ash really helped it.

It's downfall was a mix of the Plasma arc needing to be entirely reworked, the changes in Rocket being screwed by Japan despising it and holding it against the entire show, and getting fucked by being forced into marketing the BW2 gym leaders even though they were planning with the BW ones in mind. Then later on it slows down to a screeching halt and kind of stops in its tracks.

I also have to wonder why they didn't use the PWT seeing as they rushed the main series to a close and spend 19 episodes fucking around in a made up island region and it would have been a potential ratings boost to feature old characters like Misty, Brock, and May again. Especially since Dawn's extended appearance was due to her overall popularity and the hopes it would boost the ratings.

I'm honestly still shocked Dawn and Piplup didn't stay on as the defacto female protagonist and secondary mascot after DP.
>>
>>28553160

Sorry there was somewhere in a thread a while back who liked him solely because of that reason.

Honestly it could have that personality under anyone though. I still maintain that Brock should have left alongside Misty.
>>
>>28552296
>Yokai Watch is still going and Digimon is returning with Digimon Universe.

only in japan, no one else gives a shit
>>
>>28553384
I wouldnt have minded more Dawn, she's my favorite companion.

And yeah, that assessment was good. I'm not sure why they had the Decolore Islands either. Orange Islands were when we had no facilities. But between Contests, PWT, Pokeathelon, Musicals, and the new Frontier, we could have done something.

I guess the islands being the bridge between Kanto and Unova was just to bring back a few older people, but they don't want to bring back multiple grills from the past
>>
>>28553501

We'll probably get Digimon Universe.

Toei has the rights to Digimon again, not Saban. And Universe/Appmon seems to be a reboot that's intent of bringing the franchise into the modern world in a way that'll help it make money.

Also Tri is more or less made for us seeing as they're putting it online for the US the day it comes out in Japanese theaters.
>>
>>28553501
but japan is pokemon's main market isnt it
>>
>>28554590
no dick suck
>>
>>28552504
I was okay with him explaining shit and being a mentor, but it got annoying that he got flanderized to thinking with his dick all the time. Croagunk was cool tho
>>
>>28557016
Brock seemed a bit too horny in D/P
>>
>>28552655
This so much.

I thought he was really good in AG though. Cross between exposition and a bit of mentoring for both Ash and May.

I found the career shift from Pokemon Breeder to a Pokemon Doctor to be really random though.
>>
File: 1473674282415.gif (365KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1473674282415.gif
365KB, 500x342px
>Keep in mind Pokemon is gonna have some competition, since its not the biggest monster franchise anymore
>>
>>28558671
The random careers lost me too.

Hated Serena doing the Not Contests because it felt like they couldn't make her interesting otherwise but Kalos is too bland and had nothing for her to do
>>
>>28552296
I think it's definitely still the biggest monster franchise
>>
>>28558702
They're obviously feeling the pressure from Yo-Kai Watch, which is why they're lifting features from it. You really must not realize what a huge phenomenon that series is in Japan.
>>
File: tumblr_myzktx1O4M1qhmd6bo1_400.gif (485KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myzktx1O4M1qhmd6bo1_400.gif
485KB, 320x240px
>>28558831
It's still nowhere as big as the international series Pokemon and that is a #fact.

You guys have been trying to spread this "Pokemon killer" meme for years.
>>
>>28558868
You have to understand how little Japanese companies actually give a fuck about international audiences when it comes to things like this.
>>
>>28558896
>Generalizing
>He doesn't know what Sega is and how they pander to Western fans.
>>
>>28558986
Sega is an absolute mess of a company that's desperate enough to do anything at this point.
>>
>>28558986
the fuck does this have to do with Sega
and besides the reason why Sega is even around is because their rad and edgy marketing in the 90s that went against Nintendo
>>
>>28552296

X and Y was trash.

You have bad taste.

Sun and Moon is going to be good.
>>
>>28553384
I'm watching BW now and enjoying it. Thank you for explaining why everyone seems to hate it.

Can you explain why people think DP was so great? I didn't like it at all.
>>
Watched everyting until BW since it was never shown in german television.

The started watching BW. It was mediocre

Started watching XY. It was awesome.

XYZ was even more awesome.

Sun&Moon is, what we see from the trailer...RGH i dunno...SoL shenigans may be cool, along with lots of waifufagging, but they dont have to make him THAT young...

why not use a poke-Colleague? High school? Study hall?
Heck even let him help out at kukuis lab or something

Why is my beloved cool ash a kid again? i can think of him as sexy anymore....i loved his XY(Z) design way too much...poor ash
>>
>>28559432
>but they dont have to make him THAT young...
>Why is my beloved cool ash a kid again?
Because he has always been 10 years old. No matter how much older you THINK he may be, he's 10 years old until they actually say otherwise for some reason.

>why not use a poke-Colleague? High school? Study hall? Heck even let him help out at kukuis lab or something
We don't even know WHAT kind of school this is. We don't know what kind of school it is for. We know absolutely nothing.
>>
>>28552296
>since it's not the biggest monster catching franchise anymore
But it is.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-09-16-06h52m26s037.png (478KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-09-16-06h52m26s037.png
478KB, 1280x738px
>>28559483
it does look like BOATING SCHOOL for gods sake...of course it´ll be either a Z-Move school or a Alola region elementary

>Always 10
Does pic related look like a ten your old to you?
he was cool. he was manly. Heck everyone around him admired him.

Even if he was 10, he looked older, making the series way better.
>>
>>28552296

>I enjoy when plot threads are simply abandoned.

Oh anon, you crazy guy, you.
>>
File: IMG_0972.jpg (11KB, 184x146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0972.jpg
11KB, 184x146px
>>28552509
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.