[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that Gen VI will use Baton Pass in two months, why this Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DP366.jpg (12KB, 267x150px) Image search: [Google]
DP366.jpg
12KB, 267x150px
Now that Gen VI will use Baton Pass in two months, why this Gen sucked?

It had a region based on glorious France, legendaries were based on creatures from the Ragnarok, it was the first Gen in full 3D (the entire Gen looked like Stadium for me), XY introduced the ability of riding Pokémon, ORAS expanded it by adding Soaring, some shitmons were given a new life by adding Mega Evolution (balanced by allowing only one by battle), XY introduced the ability of customizate the player, with only 4 games you can complete the National Dex (transfering is optional though), etc.

The only bad things I see were: No third version (presumably cancelled for Paris attacks), many things about Kalos were left unfinished (is the only non-remake since Gen III without a proper mini-game ala Contests, Pokéathlon, Musicals, and Movies.), we will never know who is the chosen that the ghost girl was refering.
>>
>>28549657
X/Y had a few flaws but it was good, ORAS however is shitty as a remake/remaster.
>>
>>28549657
>No third version (presumably cancelled for Paris attacks)

The fuck? That makes as much sense as Hitler lurking /vp/ right now.
>>
>>28549657
Kalos is the worst pokemon region, mega evolutions are crap, the plot gets worse and worse every new iteration, the new mons were bad and ORAS is a casual crap remake of the worst gen duo games (or second worst gen till XY came out)

Sun and Moon can't come soon enough and even then i'm still salty for megaevolution crap still being a thing.
>>
>>28550038
>dem stupid megas

Your genwun is showing, Anon.
>>
>>28549990
What do you think he does when he's not making Malvinas threads in /pol/?
>>
Kalos had no fucking identity. No pokemon of its own and the region didn't mesh together well at all.
>>
>>28550519
That's probably my biggest issue with Gen VI. Every region has its own flavor, except Kalos.

Kanto has the originals, Johto was Kanto DLC but it felt really comfy that way, even if like 19% of the gen 2 Pokemon were evos and prevos of gen 1 ones and a few others were actually only found in the wild in Kanto.

Hoenn has its own mons and its own flavor, especially so with Unova. Same with Sinnoh, with its own flavor and even not putting the old-gen evolutions in its own regional dex initially.

But what on earth does Kalos have? A clusterfuck of 450 Pokemon from everywhere, like they migrated from around the world and overran the natives--it really is France I guess.
>>
>>28550483
>hurrr megas are the koolest thing and pokemon could never survive without them

your 10yo is showing, anon
>>
>>28550720
I can't remember much about Kalos. Was it just me, or did the towns feel way too small compared to the amount of places you could enter throughout Unova?
>>
>>28553180
I've yet to finish the Gen 5 games unfortunately, so I cannot answer. I will say that Kalos towns did feel kinda like random little squares in the middle of otherwise interresting terrain, something that Gens 1-4 managed to avoid.
>>
>>28550720
Funny you said that, because from what I've seen from SuMo in the trailers, it's that the dex's gonna be slightly less big compared to XY.
>>
>>28550519
Neither does france according to tumblr
>>
>>28553285
That may be why they are focusing on Alolan forms, giving new flavor even if they are using existing Pokemon. The new Pokemon already look great and original and foreign, though, while a lot of the Gen VI Pokemon didn't entirely. They felt a bit like more of the same to me. Good designs, but nothing terribly new.
>>
>>28553260
I can confirm that Unova probably has one of the largest average town size.
>>
I think XY was an ok game. But ORAS is the saving grace of Gen VI, imo.
>>
>>28550038
>Kalos is the worst pokemon region

Still better than Unova and Kanto imo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.