[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These were the best protagonist designs. Why did they do older

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_gen5characters1.png (321KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_gen5characters1.png
321KB, 600x620px
These were the best protagonist designs.

Why did they do older mcs for just a single game and then stop? I wish they would at least give us an option to play as a teen instead of a babby.
>>
>>28545653
The protagonists in XY are also older, just not as old as these two.
>>
>>28545653
Black looks good because he was based on FrLg Red who already has a great design.
>>28545688
XY protags are supposedly 17, the BW ones are 14-16 according to some interview supposedly
>>
>>28545653
xy the mc's were even older.
BW-14
XY-16 (possibly 17)
>>
Meh it's a children's game I'm not mad about playing a child aged character.
>>
>>28545653
The reason the S&M protags are the size they are is because anything bigger would probably look awkward mounting Pokemon around the world now that they're replacing HMs.
>>
>>28545811
No, it's to make them little kids again to better compete with Yo-Kai Watch.
>>
>>28545653
The girl's outfit is a mess. The guys hair is wack. Other than that pretty cool
>>
I still like these the best.
>>
>>28545899
Yo-Kai watch doesn't rival Pokemon in the slightest
>>
>>28545811
Change the mountable Pokemon to Digimon sizes
Everything fixed

Don't think anyone would complain about Charizard getting retconned to be the size we all originally thought
>>
>>28545978
Yea it just influenced the fuck out of it in a short amount of time
>>
>>28545978
pokemon anime and games does not sell as well as YW

sorry to Burst your bubble
>>
>>28546057
I'm pretty that's only in Japan.
>>
>>28546057
yokai will die out in a few years

Pokemon is eternal
>>
>>28546036
why are people so upset that charizard is a manlet
>>
>>28545653
>These were the best protagonist designs.
The girl looks like trailer park trash. The boy is mediocre at best.

Another reason why X and Y are the best games in the series.
>>
>>28546057
Pokemon is a worldwide phenomena that no other monster catching game could ever rivl
>>
>>28545725
Why the fuck do people keep on saying the BW protags are 14? It's been stated so many times by Game Freak themselves that they're 16.
>>
File: 1473571180252.png (287KB, 640x548px) Image search: [Google]
1473571180252.png
287KB, 640x548px
Red was 11. Brandan was 12.

Why are people triggered now? I think it's safe to say the age of protags is relatively random at this point. Do you want a 20 year old protag you fucking manchild?
>>
>>28546102
I'm use to it by now, just saying if the reason we have kids is because of mountable Pokemon than make them the size we originally pictured as kids

There would be no backlash besides a few trolls on vp
>>
>>28546105
terrible bait
>>
>>28546148
14-16 is perfect age for Pokemon journeys
Nobody complains
>>
what if we get a height slider
>>
>wahh why can't i insert myself into my pokeman games wahh

I like the idea of being a kid going on an adventure. Makes more sense than a high school kid that should be studying and focusing on his future.

I was surprised to find out the XY protags were 17. They honestly like like they're 13.
>>
>>28546196
I like this idea. But they seem to want things that make sense in the universe, which is why we couldn't change skin color, and hair and eyes were dyes/contacts in XY. Why not add a tanning booth and... a stretch machine or something.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.