[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what denotes a "Pokemon" exactly? I mean it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 28

File: image.png (188KB, 550x378px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188KB, 550x378px
So what denotes a "Pokemon" exactly? I mean it's pretty clear humans aren't but what's stopping the ultra beasts from just being classified as Pokemon? I mean, if beings from another world can be Pokemon than why can't beings from another dimension?
>>
File: image.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>28522356
Like, why is this fucker one but the ultra beasts aren't?
>>
Probably because they're not exactly 'animals'. They have more in common with people, but similar abilities to Pokemon.
>>
>>28522356
They're just called differently to make them seem mysterious. They are gonna be catchable in some way or another.
>>
>>28522356
why humans cannot be classified as Pokémon?
>>
>>28522419
This would be reasonable if they didn't make it excessively clear that ubs are extremely powerful, making them closer to Pokemon in that regards than people. In fact some Pokemon can be closer to humans, such as the human-like egg group meaning the line of "Pokemon" is pretty blurry
>>
Probably in terms of being able to be captured by a pokeball. Maybe scientists have gone out and field tested what can be caught and what can't be.
>>
>>28522356
Thing is, these are basically a doomsday bringing alien race with who knows what goals and originating from a completely different universe. Any pokemon like Giratina that you could say are from a different dimension, they were all created by Arceus, including the Unown (which probably contributed to the creation as well, we don't know). UB's were not made by Arcues or any force related to him and even the site implies they are a danger for BOTH pokemon and humans. So no, I definetly don't think UB's are pokemon and we won't be able to catch them.
>>
>>28522485
Well it's not like a pokeball is some mythical object that denotes what's catchable and not, it was designed by scientists with the goal of catching Pokemon. With that in mind it's not unreasonable to assume that ultra beats can be caught in a specially developed pokeball
>>
>>28522415
It's pretty simple actually. Deoxys, just like Clefairy for instance, comes from space.
But UBs come from another dimension entirely.
>>
>>28522356
Pokeballs don't work on them.
>>
>>28522415
same dimension
>>
Maybe the Ultra Beasts actually have their own civilization on the other side of those portals. Even the most intelligent Pokemon seem to be content living more like animals than people.
>>
Have Ultra Beasts been described as sentient beings?
>>
>>28522514
I can see it happening as a postgame deal, though it would probably have to significantly depower them if they're boss monsters normally.
>>
Angels were also closely related to humans but were still their own thing with completely different looks and superpowers.
>>
Well, since they're "Pocket Monsters", maybe anything that happens not to be catchable or can't be put into a ball in the first place doesn't qualify as a Pokémon.

Like, maybe someone tried, nothing happened and they catalogued them as a different creature because it lacked that common attribute?

I'm awful explaining myself, sorry
>>
>>28522632
See
>>28522514
>>
>>28522356
Because the official sites say so.
>>
>>28522597
UB-01 is described as having a survival instinct, but no one really knows for sure
>>
Ultra Beasts might not even have types. They didn't show any types for them as of yet unike they do immediately for all other pokemon. Thats one thing. They also might be Lillie and Lusamine. That's another that makes them different from Pokemon. But at the end it's just what the game makers decided and they decided to make these a different species than Pokemon called Ultra Beasts.
>>
>>28522466
Humans came from another universe along with the plants and fungi.
>>
>>28522356
They're Eldritch Abominations that come form parallel universes.

People could make the argument that Giratina lives in another dimension, but they're forgetting it was born in the pokemon universe and another pokemon was involved in its birth, and the only reason it changes forms is to get adjusted to the physics of the regular world or the Distortion World.

Ultra Beasts are outright alien in origin and biology. However they resemble the Aether foundation guys a bit too much for it to be coincidence (Absorbtion/Expansion looks like a beefed-up Faba).
>>
>>28522356
Mew is said to share its DNA with all Pokémon, meaning Pokémon have some sort of hidden aspect that make them all associated to each other, UBs are a different thing altogether.
>>
>>28522738
I suppose the fairest guess is that they're the "missing link" between people and Pokemon and as such can't be classified as either
>>
>>28522715
Are types fundamental components of the universe?
Even things like movie props interact with the same mechanics as Pokémon.
>>
>>28522356
But what would be the point of making version exclusives if you can't catch them?
>>
I guess classification of UBs is pretty limited so it'd be naive to say theyre anything other than an unknown species
>>
>>28522356
They are pokemon mark my fucking words
SCREENCAP THIS
>>
>>28522597
You mean "sapient"
>>
You guys are kinda dense, these characters are either developed antagonists that you will fight through out the story or you can capture them at some point. Either way they are monsters out of an another dimension, all the profs. need to do is get behind the sciene of them(if its even needed) to capture those monster and make them pocket monsters. You could capture a fucking god for arceus' sake. Also logically it was hinted that there would be more of them, wherever they came from, so who knows how much will get revealed about them later on.
>>
>>28522919
There are multiple Pokémon that would be considered sapient.
>>
>>28522927
>arceus sake
Please be joking
>>
It's pretty clear GF is going for a more traditional jRPG this time around so not being able to catch the bosses seems pretty reasonable
>>
>>28522356
because fuck you that's why.
stop shit posting and wait for 20 september.
>>
>>28523003
Everything is true.
>>
>>28522953
All pokemon are sapient though.

Or at least almost all of them
>>
I think of it like there is a 'pokemon' subsection of the multiverse in which everything is either humans or pokemon, and the ultra beasts are from elsewhere.
>>
Pokemon or not I find it hard to believe that Game Freak would have version exclusive MONSTERS that you couldn't in some way catch
>>
File: top-gallery-1.jpg (18KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
top-gallery-1.jpg
18KB, 578x327px
>this is not a pokemon
lol wtf????
>>
>>28523221
It is a Pokémon. Part of Zygarde.
>>
>>28523215
Or you know, special battles to not make them the exact same game ?
>>
>>28523248
then why can't I keep it in a POKEball or battle with it?!?
>>
>>28523254
Because it is not Gen 7 yet.
>>
File: image.png (124KB, 852x1025px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124KB, 852x1025px
>literally God
>has been seen making complete realities from scratch
>is a Pokemon
I find it hard to believe anything less than this can't be a Pokemon(excluding humans)
>>
>>28523273
It's confirmed that you cant catch them

Just suck them into a cube until you get 10% form
>>
>>28523286
This t b h
>>
>>28522535
you motherfucker are saying I'm not a pokemon?
>>
>>28523333
Refer >>28522511
>>
>>28522356
If you can't catch an UB then that's probably what.
If you can catch them then I don't fucking know.
>>
>>28523333
>>28522738
>>
Oh my God, Stupid people in /vp even reddit is smarter. Of course you will catch them and if its not possible GF will reaveal that shortly after. The disappointment would be enormous and that for no reason. So many kids deciding which version to buy cause of those damn bugs, just to find that you cant even catch this cool looking swolesquito. Pokemon are monsters, these ultra beasts are monsters from another dimension or future, so of course with a bit of research, you will be tasked to beat and capture them at some point to save the islands from this invasion. Damn retards in here, just think from a gaming perspective for a second and you have your anwser.
>>
>>28523333
As the others said, giratina was only sent to another dimension, not FROM another dimension
>>
>>28522356
>>28522415
Pokemon is a catch-all term for several varieties of sentient lifeforms that tend to exist in harmony with human beings, are on an instinctive level able and often eager to enter into partnerships with them, allowing themselves to be commanded by a "trainer," and that become more powerful through combat, gaining new abilities and sometimes radically changing their forms in a process known as "evolution."
>>
File: 1473753640350.jpg (333KB, 1339x876px) Image search: [Google]
1473753640350.jpg
333KB, 1339x876px
>>28523434
this
>each game has exclusive UBs
>people believe they are just for cutscenes
>>
>>28523448
What the fuck do you think is another dimension? In this other dimension these ultra beasts may aswell be the pokemon just wihtout humans to capture them. It was hinted at that those might not be the only ones we will see ingame.
>>
>>28523461
So you are implying for it to be a pokemon it has to be friendly towards humanity? Because if that's the case there are plenty of examples to prove that theory wrong
>>
>>28523473
>ruby and sapphire have exclusive enemy teams
>people think you won't be able to catch them
>>
>>28523286
Well here's the problem: everything we've know as a pokemon pretty much was created by Arceus, so of course the creator cpuld also be captured like its creations since they were made in its image. UB's are something entirely different, not made by Arceus and therefore not really something you could call a pokemon, everything that we know as a pokemon was created by Arceus (well with the exception of clearly artificial pokemon like Magearna or Golurk or indirectly created by man like Deoxys). Plus, they represnt a danger for both pokemon and humans, so I realky can't consider them pokemon or being able to be caught cause again, not pokemon.

Maybe we can somehow, we don't know for now, its all discussion, but I have very high doubts about that.
>>
File: Giratina.jpg (110KB, 663x418px) Image search: [Google]
Giratina.jpg
110KB, 663x418px
>>28523496
I think they're probably pokemon, just that people using Giratina as an example is dumb.
>>
>>28523507
It's implied Arceus created EVERYTHING no? With that logic even the dimension UBs are from.
>>
>>28523516
Oh sry, well then ignore my outburst.
>>
>>28522738
>Absorbtion/Expansion looks like a beefed-up Faba
Yeah no, Absorption looks much more like a ripped as fuck Gladion then Faba.
>>
>>28523552
A different dimension is generally seen as something outside of whatever the local god made.
>>
>>28523286
Maybe it is just an extreme version of made us as his image. didn't he even made the rule that Pokémon will always be the pet of the humans instead of killing us all?
>>
>>28523602
Ah so you're saying a universe where arceus didn't exist so no pokemon and where a different form of life developed
>>
>>28523658
Possibly.

I think they'll be catchable, whether they're technically pokemon or not
>>
File: 58986211_p0.png (537KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
58986211_p0.png
537KB, 1280x720px
>>28523658
Yes.
>>
>>28523497
What I'm saying is that all Pokemon are WILLING to be friends with humans, even if they are at first hostile. Any captured Pokemon will obey its trainer, and it will do so willingly (if it wasn't willing, it wouldn't, as seen with traded Pokemon).

A Pokemon's ability to recognize and in some cases seek out (which is what in-game "encounters" with wild Pokemon are about, if I remember right) a partnership with human beings is what makes them Pokemon, more than any other criterion.
>>
>>28523658
I wonder if that means they will even be catchable, considering they would have,in that scenario, nothing similar to pokemon.
>>
>>28522356
>That thing is so fucking kaiju I love it!
>>
Why Would We be able to catch and train evil interdimensional beings that aren't pokemon? If anything you will be able to "purify" them with either Zygarde's or the box legends powered and turn them into pokemon but as they appear now, they are just weird bosses
>>
>>28523688
I dont think these monsters refer to themselves as Ultrabeasts if they even able to talk. These names and those numbers suggest that people are reasearching them and have found temp. names for them. Or they are already failed experiments coming to fuck some shit up.
>>
>>28523714
Yeah but we have no proof that UBs won't become "friendly" after we beat them. If a bond is then formed would they be considered Pokemon?
>>
It's never been explained because it largely hasn't mattered. In fact it probably won't be explained here because it still doesn't matter. If the games say they aren't Pokemon then they just aren't. Kids aren't looking for more explanation than that because they don't care and we really shouldn't either because, as said, it doesn't matter in context. We still don't know what makes people different from Pokemon even the it's been made officially clear that they are, at least now, completely seperate types of lifeforms. We just know they are and we accept it because that's what we're told and it doesn't matter whether they are or not.
>>
>>28523803
at this point it is still unknown
>>
Pokémon is short for pocket monster, meaning any monster compatible with pokéball technology that can be caught and kept in your pocket. For all we know, it's impossible to capture the Ultra Beasts, they are thus not pocket monsters/pokémons.
>>
>>28523823
Well the Canalave Library stories suggest people and Pokemon were once the same creature but due to evolution blah blah blah... But I see what you mean, that if it's important we'll be given the information
>>
what if they are only catchable by a special kind of pokeball you can only develop in the endgame?
>>
>>28523333
Giratina was created in this dimension and then banished to his personal hellhole.
>>
>>28523869
Refer to>>28522514
>>
>>28523803
Well, we still don't know their intentions. Maybe they have good reasons for invading the pokemon dimension.

Maybe Aether stole something that is theirs, and they want it back? Maybe that could explain UB-01's similarities to Lillie, possibly in an attempt to begin negotiations. UB-02 is where they start with aggression in an attempt to recover it.
>>
>>28523882
>that they are, at least now, completely seperate types of lifeforms
I was very, very careful with my words to account for that because I KNEW somebody was gonna come in with this like it matters or changes the point being made.
>>
>>28523770
What is a pokemon? Its just living being that people learned to capture and fight with together. I dont even know what the difference is between pokemon and human other than that it would violate against humans rights to try and capture them and GF obviously doesnt want to go that far. I mean Mewtwo is as sentient as it gets and we were still able to capture it. Maybe a pokemon is a descended from Arceus first creation mew. But then what is with deoxys, its a fucking evolved virus not even a real living being without a host.
>>
File: Deoxys_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (31KB, 507x327px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxys_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
31KB, 507x327px
>>28522415

"DNA Mutation"
>>
>>28523956
I think when it comes to speculation it's a fair addition to the point of "it DOES matter even if the information isn't explicitly stated to us"
>>
>>28523995
Well, now I wonder where humans come from. If Arceus created the universe, maybe Arceus decided to take some humans from a different dimension to populate the Pokemon universe with something different than Pokemon for some reason. If it's how it happened, I am sure Arceus had its intentions.

Maybe humans and Ultra-Beasts come from the same dimension? Maybe Arceus' intentions was to save humans from Ultra-Beasts?
>>
File: creation_trio-1.png (27KB, 512x197px) Image search: [Google]
creation_trio-1.png
27KB, 512x197px
>>28523916

Antimatter universe.
>>
>>28524050

Palkia created parallels universes.
>>
>>28523803
If the bond formed is of the kind specific to a human-Pokemon relationship, then perhaps. But it would still have to be "in their nature" that they partner with humans. Otherwise they would just be an alien species that has chosen to ally itself with human beings, not Pokemon per se.
>>
>>28524020
That's just the pokedex though, it also says magcargo is several times hotter than the surface of the sun and a bunch of other bullshit
>>
>>28524050
Humans are a species of Ultra Beast.
Probably UB-18 for Evangelion memes.
>>
File: Sirius.jpg (236KB, 880x961px) Image search: [Google]
Sirius.jpg
236KB, 880x961px
Pokemon are NetNavis
UBs are Wave Aliens
Similar but really different concepts and origins.
>>
>>28524113
why is only KIA in blue?
>>
So, Arceus created what would become people and Pokemon (and all life basically)in our dimension as well as created a parallel dimension for Giratina. But UBs are creatures from outside both of these dimensions so they can't be classified as Pokemon or humans due to having 0 connection with Arceus.
>>
>>28524119
This. If they are evil ultra dimensional beings who wants to destroy humanity or some shit why Would they let themselves be caught by humans, let alone be used as battle slaves
>>
>>28522535
Explain Hoopa
>>
>>28524159
iirc it was because it's name was partly erased in the monument.
>>
>>28524133

I don't wanna hear that crap.

The Pokédex is always right about everything.
>>
>>28524197
Oh Richard ;)
>>
>>28524197
Except when it says shit like Kadabra was once a human instead of being the evolution of abra. The pokedex is embellished by the 10 year olds writing it
>>
>>28524159

?
>>
>>28524163
This seems about right
>>
>>28523333
Giratina is from a different dimension which is dependent on the dimension pokemon and humans are from.
>>
>>28524255

One Human turn a Kadabra.
Not every Kadabra in the world was a Human.
>>
>>28524284
Ok Richard now it's time for you to leave
>>
>>28524221

Hi.
>>
File: Do you hear our prayers.gif (2MB, 540x225px) Image search: [Google]
Do you hear our prayers.gif
2MB, 540x225px
What if they are not from another dimension, but a different plane of existence altogether?
>>
>>28524197
Reminder that the Pokedex says that Magcargo burns hotter than the sun, Machamp can throw a thousand punches in less than a second and that looking at the back of Shedinja kills you.
>>
>>28524255
>It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.
Richard is actually right this time you know. It didn't say anything about every Kadabra becoming human.
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg (263KB, 440x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg
263KB, 440x2190px
>>28524255
>>
>>28524305
Then neither humans or Pokemon would be able to comprehend them, especially not in a physical form
>>
>>28524145
Alternately, humans are unrelated to Ultra Beasts, but the UBs, for reasons that are unknown and/or incomprehensible, despises humanity to the point that they desire to wipe them out. For all we know, they may have gone through many dimensions to seek out humanity.

That would also create a contrast between them and Pokemon. Where Pokemon are generally on good terms with humans, Ultra Beasts on the other hand hates humans. The latest trailer shows a battle that might be symbolic of that theme. Where UB-02 landed in front of Hala with the apparent intent to attack him, Tapu Koko (reminder that humans revere it as a guardian deity) landed between the two, possibly intending to protect Hala from UB-02.

Though of course, not every pokemon likes humans, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that there might be UBs that don't hate humans. UB-01 might be one of these.

This is of course just mere speculation, but I think it's not too farfetched.
>>
>>28522415
Deoxys came from an alien Mew.
>>
>>28524284
>>28524324
Fair enough. You can have this one, Richard
>>
>>28524337
Well, they would in some form, like a finger popping out of a hole in a piece of fabric.
>>
>>28524337
How about like.... well every other example of eldritch abominations in any visual medium ever really. Even Lovecraft was very bad at actually making something imperceptable. He would often lead with "This thing was so horrible I couldn't fathom it" and then follow with a description of it. It's kind of his thing.
>>
>>28524364
Basically the Orz from Star Control.
>>
>>28524113
Dimensions is what is listed there. Since Dialga exists as a personification of Time, would seem to suggest height, width, and length but those are not parallel. And Distortion World exists on an axis different than the world that is typically seen and seen as a mirror version made of anti-matter but behavior is different than the antimatter that we know of. So basically none of this makes sense.
>>
>>28523286
Arceus is a pokemon for game convience but Arceus is not actually a pokemon only lifeforms that come from Mew are pokemon.
>>
>>28524255
Wouldn't the professors have anything to say about the hi-tech encyclopedias they've entrusted to these kids being filled with false information? The protagonists haven't even been 10-year olds in the passed few games, as I understand it, and yet I'm sure these "incongruities" still exist.
>>
>>28524364
>>28524367
There's a fine line between limited human observation in order to make sense of a being and an actual description of a being not from our plane of existence
>>
>>28524163
No Arceus caused the big bang which caused the creation of Dialga and Palkia who then molded the entire space time continuum into existence.
>>
>>28524182
A rare djinn pokémon with the ability to teleport itself and anything that passes through its rings through space. I don't see what needs to be explained. It's basically to Palkia what Celebi is to Dialga.
Palkia and Dialga created and are masters of space/time, Hoopa and Celebi can manipulate space/time to some extent.
>>
>>28524319
And those might be true to the universe that they live in since both the variable points of what measurement units are and the physical properties of the universe they inhabit. Like Magcargo is hotter than our sun, but isn't hotter than their sun and living organisms are balanced around being able to survive the convection heat of Magcargo.
>>
>>28523286
Before our universe was created there were multiple beings similiar in power to Arceus
Arceus created this world and all pokemon in his image
All Pokemon share some part of Arceus' DNA
Other beings went their own way and created other universes with different rules
Ultra Beasts are "Pokemon" that were not created by Arceus and therefore don't obey the same rules
They came from worlds created by other "gods"

This is my headcanon until we get more info
>>
>>28522356
I think it's the presence of a mind. Even the dumbest Pokemon have minds of their own. Ultra Beasts do not.

The Zygarde Cells are mindless, and that's why we don't catch them, we store them in a Zygarde Cube.
In fact, there's a theory floating around the the Cells are actually Ultra Beasts themselves. I think there was a line of dialogue by an Aether exec to that effect, or something.
>>
>>28524402

Parallel dimension and parallel universe are use interchangeably.
>>
>>28524439
Ok but that doesn't refute either of those points. You just stated a thing. The statement doesn't really form a counterpoint.
>>
>>28524319

Everything in the Pokédex is true.
No matter what you said
>>
>>28524488
Which doesn't make sense in this context. Palkia is an equal to Dialga, while if it created universes would be equal to Arceus.
>>
>>28524510
The point being a comprehensible form isn't exactly necessary when talking about a being from a completely different plane of existence
>>
>>28524541

Arceus is far more powerful than Palkia.
>>
Did it all come together already?
>>
>>28524480
I still think they UBs came to be for an specific purposer like the D-Reapers. That's why Beauty is the only one with a "face", it's means to enchant and disarm opposition.
>>
>>28524571
So palkia couldn't create a dimension on the scale of who then? Because it's implied Palkia created the actual space of the Pokemon universe
>>
>>28524555
Ok but dangerously close to all media with incomprehensible things from different planes of existence had comprensible forms, even when they were actively described as incomprehensible.
>>
>>28524572
We all came together when Lusamine and Wicke were revealed.
>>
>>28524555
It is necessary if you're planning on portraying these interexistential beings graphically in a video game.
>>
>>28524571
But Palkia has the same feats as Arceus of creating universes. Only method of claiming heiarchy is that it is creator of it, which is flawed since things such as Mewtwo being stronger than Mew and breeding resulting in producing children that can have higher IVs than the parents.
>>
File: Palkia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (11KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
Palkia_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
11KB, 256x197px
>>28524613

Arceus created one universe.

It's simple as that.
>>
Mabye I'm autistic, but I've always thought that humans in the Pokemon world were just another type of Pokemon like how we humans in the real world are another type of animal, in fact, this is heavily hinted at in that Sinnoh Library, so how the fuck do Pokeballs not work on humans? How the fuck do they tell them apart?
>>
>>28524648
So Palkia>Arceus?
>>
>>28524621
>>28524630
It would make a lot more sense if they just made them from a different perceptible dimension...OH WAIT!!!
>>
>>28524651
Maybe the answer is that Arceus didn't create humans. It took them from elsewhere, whether it be a different plane of existence or not.

Of course, this raises questions about why Arceus put humans in the Pokeverse in the first place.
>>
>>28524651
No, we knwo for a fact that they are not Pokemon. But the point that there isn't any actual real reason presented (well, other than jokes like people can't learn only 4 moves which is a gameplay consolation, i'm pretty sure if pokemon were a real thing they would not literally be only able to do 4 things) is still true.
>>
>>28524674
So are you saying that all story, game, and movie depiction of such beings shouldn't be done because it doesn't make sense? Because there are a lot of them. Lovecraft himself first and foremost and he didn't even use a visual medium.
>>
>>28524651
Because they are designed not to work on humans specifically.
>>
>>28524705
Arceus didn't, like anon said before it's implied humans were a by-product of the creation and evolution of Pokemon.
>>
>>28524648
Arceus make dimension
Palkia have the keys
>>
>>28524737
Arceus made dimensions
Palkia IS dimensions
>>
>>28522356
>So what denotes an "Animal" exactly? I mean it's pretty clear humans aren't but what's stopping the ultra beasts from just being classified as Animals? I mean, if beings from another world can be Animals than why can't beings from another dimension?
Way to fail simple analogies/basic lore/tard level biology.
>>
>>28524670

No. Just because someone can make a universe.

Doesn't mean they are all powerful
>>
>>28524723
Lovecraft works BECAUSE it isn't a visual medium, the reader has to struggle to comprehend the creature being futilely described to them. In visual mediums this effect is thrown out with the creators just saying: "yeah this is what it 100% looks like even though it's from a plane of being you could never imagine lol."
>>
File: Parallel_universes.jpg (73KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Parallel_universes.jpg
73KB, 651x500px
>>28524789

Read what this image say
>>
>>28524020
>manlet

Oh wow
>>
>>28524648
Arceus created one base universe, as well as everything else.
While Arceus is spent up from using its energy, Palkia takes the job of creating parallel universes (made easier thanks to the base universe being a template)

It's Palkia's specific job of maintaining space and alternate universes while Arceus manages Palkia and the other legendaries like Dialga to make sure they don't fuck something up.

In other words, Arceus is the manager who has experience with Palkia's job, and he's in the background managing both Palkia and everyone else.
>>
>>28524831
The descriptions aren't "futile". It's being described as accurately as most things in written medium, and even worse often time precede by a line like "I couldn't possibly describe this horror". And that also ignores the other examples of eldritch horrors in visual mediums. Do you think they should not have been done?

We don't even know if that's what they're going for with UB.
>>
>>28524670
Palkia can make the dimension, but it doesn't mean he can put anything into them, and without Dialga the dimension would practically be a picture and nothing could be done to it, as continuity doesn't exist in that dimension yet.
>>
>>28524790
But Anon humans are unquestionably animals and aren't from outer space. Humans aren't Pokemon
>>
>>28524876

Enough foolish. Arceus created 1 universe.

Palkia created more than 1.
It's canon.

Facts are facts.
>>
>>28524905
YOU are a POKEMON beginner.
>>
>>28524878
The whole concept of describing beings from other planes of existence is pretty silly and I hope that isn't what they're going for with the UBs
>>
>>28524848
It says dimensions right there
>>
File: 1410031420831.jpg (53KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
1410031420831.jpg
53KB, 325x247px
What if other dimensions existed prior to Arceus and Palkia creating theirs?

What if the Ultra Beasts are actually Digimon?
>>
>>28524974

Parallel dimension and parallel universe are use interchangeably
>>
>>28524892
Pokemon are animals.

Any life found on another planet will be an animal.

Go learn English.
>>
>>28524974
Yeah so there's an infinite amount of parallel dimensions in the Pokemon universe that all differ slightly from each other (mega and fairy ones) and these dimensions were all created by Palkia who was created by Arceus
>>
File: Palkia.jpg (70KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Palkia.jpg
70KB, 651x500px
>>28524940

Look at the image.
Stupid.
>>
>>28525019
Pokemon aren't animals. Pokemon are pocket monsters.
>>
>>28525013
But there are multiple dimensions in a universe.
>>
>>28525047
>tfw POKeMON beginners post around me
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>28524892
>Humans aren't Pokemon

I'm sorry but I can;t wrap my head around this lol, this is impossible unless Humans somehow suddenly popped out of thin air randomly one day. GameFreak need to explain because this is some bullshit.
>>
>>28525019
>Animals are multicellular, eukaryotic organisms of the kingdom Animalia
Yeah I guess Porygon and Magearna are """"""animals""""""
>>
>>28523333
nice quads
>>
>>28525004
No

I want an actual crossover with you going between worlds with your trusty Porygon so I wont accept Ultra Beast as their Digimon
>>
Arceus can easily create a new universe if he wanted to. It's just that he used the amazing power of god math and decided that it would take less time and effort to create servants to do everything for him. And that's how Dialga, Palkia and Giratina was born.
>>
>>28525088
Just look at the Canalave Library texts, they said pokemon and humans were ONCE the same being but due to evolution they became separate entities, like they share a common ancestor you could trace back millions of years
>>
>>28525070

Please stop
>>
>>28525088
The plant life which are not grass-type Pokémon are not Pokémon. Maybe humans evolved from those.
>>
>>28525088
This isn't the real world. It's a children's fantasy universe. It doesn't have to apply to real world logic. This doesn't mean it can do whatever it wants, it just means it has to have follow its own rules. UB being neither Pokemon nor human doesn't break any rules because nothing says there exists only Pokemon and Humans, and this rule can't be extrapolated merely because he have not experienced creatures besides humans and Pokemon because that'd fallacy.
>>
>>28525084

Why do you act like a idiot.

Can't you read?

It's say" The Birth of Palkia"

The creator of parallel dimensions
>>
>>28525126
Monster Rancher monsters then?

>Fuck your turn-based battle system, they attack you in real-time using the Guts system
>>
>>28525161
It just meant that marrying your Gardevoir wasn't as taboo before logic and science happened

They're not the same
>>
>>28525197
That would be extremely imba
>>
>>28525189
POKeMON beginners have to go back
>>
>>28525197
How about Ultra Beasts just get their own spin off franchise called ultramons?

That way we leave possibilities of crossover with all the classic monster franchises
>>
>>28525225

You are starting to really upset me.

Facts are facts.

Palkia created more parallels universes.

Arceus created 1 universe.

It's canon.
>>
>>28525198
There lived a Pokémon in a forest.
In the forest, the Pokémon shed its
hide to sleep as a human.
Awakened, the human dons the
Pokémon hide to roam villages.

How does this not imply common ancestry?
>>
>>28525256
>what are furries
>>
>>28525256
Sounds like a selkie story.
>>
>>28525248
Only in Sinnoh-region myths
>>
>>28525248
Sorry, words and images posted by a POKeMON beginner aren't facts.
>>
>>28522356

From the official site:

>"This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!"

>Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!

In order to be a Pokemon, it has to be able to use Pokemon moves.
>>
>>28525277
No it's like a human takes the pelts of a animal to wear as furs, but in this scenario it's implied they wear it for protection. Humans wear animal skins in our world and humans wear Pokemon skins in theirs.
>>
>>28525256
>>28525277
Sounds like a furry to me tbqh
>>
>>28525305

Arceus created a universe.

Groundon is the creator of land.

Kyogre created the sea or expand the sea.
>>
>>28525311

You need to leave to.

Internet troll.

You Refuse canon information.
>>
File: 1334616956563.jpg (102KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1334616956563.jpg
102KB, 500x373px
>>28525234
Kinda want this now desu
>>
>>28525356
A POKeMON beginner doesn't know what canon is because they are a beginner. Thats what you are, a POKeMON beginner
>>
>>28525387

Wrong
>>
>>28523333
check 'em
>>
>>28525327
The people think they did that thanks to their tremendous power while majority of things attribute to them are the result of natural forces.
>>
i just hope they dont treat ultra beast like "well they're not pokemon but if you befriend it, it will join your team but without a pokeball and fight for you once a day" actually that doesnt sound half bad
>>
>>28525479
Yeah this or they'll become Z-crystals or something that we can use
>>
>>28525234
Fuck yes.

Game Freak gets to spread their creative wings and try out something new, and we get more Ultra Beasts, even if we can't train them.
>>
File: 1427252238243.png (19KB, 267x302px) Image search: [Google]
1427252238243.png
19KB, 267x302px
>>28525161
>they said pokemon and humans were ONCE the same being but due to evolution they became separate entities.

I know that you're just writing what GameFreak themselves came up with anon so the linked pic isn't aimed at you, but Jesus this line gives me cancer.

Lets break this down, somehow GameFreak believe, actually you know what, fuck it, like another anon said this is a kids series, I'm not going to waste my precious brain cells on this anymore.
>>
>>28522356
Ultra Beasts aren't pokemon like people aren't pokemon, don't over analyze it.
>>
>>28523063

underrated post
>>
>>28522356
I just can't see these things being part of the pokédex in the future, they look really out of place even with all the gods/demigods/aliens we already have.
>>
>>28525411
Your words have already proved you are a POKeMON beginner so I'm not wrong.
>>
>>28525694
What kind of thread do you think you're in?
>>
>>28525740
I'm pretty sure that was GF's goal in creating them, obvious monsters that are obviously not Pokemon
>>
>>28525316
Then is a fainted Pokemon a Pokemon?
Am I human while I sleep?
Am I me when I wake up?
This is raising a lot of questions.
>>
>>28522356
is this mega-zika or what?
>>
>>28525316
This is stupid though, what classifies a pokémon move? I mean is "tackle" a move? It's not like it takes a trainer or any special ability to use it. Same with stuff like Fly, Leer etc.
>>
>>28525316
This raises questions on the qualifications a life form has to meet to be called a pokemon. So what, they need to know moves and be catchable in pokeballs? Like what scientists are sitting around classifying what is and isn't considered a pokemon by some arbitrary set of rules?
>>
>>28526015
I'd be surprised if Kukui didn't mention something related to this, considering he studies moves
>>
>>28526015
This. I mean I can't imagine the tech behind Pokéball never got updated so what happened when a new species was discovered, someone thew a pokéball at it and nothing happened? Call that monster "not a pokémon"? Or simply study a way to make the pokéball work with it?

Hwll what makes Pokémon catchable? Do they all share some kind of gene or section of DNA? Can you catch a human or a plant in a pokéball?
>>
>>28522356
Spot me skeeter
>>
>>28525955
>55
New Megas confirmed I guess.
>>
Arguing semantics won't change the fact that we battle them, so it's mostly irrelevant if you can catch them unless for some ungodly reason you actually want one
>>
>>28526206
They aren't THAT bad looking
>>
>>28526169
I wonder how life for humanity was like before they invented pokeballs. Did they actually bother to git gud and fight pokemon to befriend them? Did humans and pokemon interact rarely? Did humans just live together with pokemon like it was perfectly normal? I have questions, but they will probably never be answered.
>>
>>28526169
Pokemon are catchable because they're willing to be caught.
>>
>>28526283
>mewtwo
>>
>>28526283
Yeah I'm pretty sure there are plenty of examples of Pokemon not wanting to be caught
>>
>>28526362
Such as?
>>
>>28526395
>>28526309
Honestly you could argue most legendaries aren't letting themselves get caught hence their low catch rates but there are plenty that go into seclusion specifically to get away from humans
>>
>>28526395
Every pokémon that escapes the ball for example.
>>
>>28526283
I bleached Unova out of my brain, but didn't someone say that a pokémon could leave its trainer whenever it wanted?
>>
>>28526448
I doubt that'd be the case considering Unova's whole plot revolved around the trainers themselves releasing their pokemon
>>
>>28526206

Are you not catching then all?
>>
>>28523333
come to mention it doesn't anyone think it's 'funny' that Sun and Moon have some sort of interdimention subplot in the games and the 10 anniversary of Diamond and Pearl was recent

remakes comfurmd
>>
>>28526597
These monstrosities? Yeah I'll think I'll pass on the digimon rejects
>>
>>28526693
Same, these things look like fucking Yugioh cards
>>
>>28526770
You look like a Yu-Gi-Oh card.
>>
File: IMG_4773.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4773.gif
2MB, 500x375px
Jirachi, Giratina, Deoxys, etc.

All Pokemon that were 'created' by Arceus and live in Arceus' domain

Ultra Beasts - beings from a universe that exists outside of Arceus' domain, perhaps created by their own god-like entity

That's how I see it
>>
>>28526808
Woah dude, just a little too far...
>>
>>28526813
What qualifies as Arceus' domain exactly? All of the parallel universes hinted at in ORAS as well as the base Pokemon universe?
>>
>>28526693

This is a clear violation of our rules. You must catch them all.
>>
>>28526999
Listen here trips, if these things turn out to be Pokemon I will eat my own dick off
Screencap this
>>
Well I was going to explain my reasoning for why Pokemon can only be caught if they're willing, but then I remembered that the Master Ball exists.

I guess Team Plasma was right all along, humans are assholes.
>>
>>28523500
>he didn't catch archie
>>
>>28527070
>the balls are actually little apartments for Pokemon
>masterball is top tier with everything a pokemon could want
>no pokemon can resist the extreme luxury inside the masterball
Therefore it's not actually bad
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x578px
>>28527127
Wishful thinking Anon, if a pokeball is this big a masterball can't be a whole lot bigger.
>>
>>28527127
Isn't it canon that the balls simulate a comfy environment for pokemon? It's the generic happy green landscape we see in Pokemon Amie.
>>
>>28523333
>>28524083
>universe used to balance with the pokemon world
It doesnt count
>>
>>28527175
Nope, once you're done playing with them there's clearly an animation of them returning to their pokeball
>>
>>28527167
anime is not canon
>>
>>28527040

I look forward to it good sir.
>>
>>28527218
Oh sorry Richard I guess logic doesn't trump canonical "evidence"
>>
>>28527292
Please don't bully Richard he is an innocent soul anon.
>>
I've been away from /vp/ for a while, who is Richard?
>>
>>28527314
Bumbling foreign autist whose bible is the pokedex and only accepts "canon" information a la
>>28527218
>>
>>28527070
When you get down to it, humans pretty much only use Pokemon for personal gain including our player character.
>>
File: wiggly derp.png (43KB, 876x563px) Image search: [Google]
wiggly derp.png
43KB, 876x563px
>>28525004
>>
>>28527292
>type chart doesn't actually exist in anime
>aim for the horn
Yeah anime is totally canon
>>
>>28527419
So Zygarde perfect form wasn't canon until we saw the in game models? Think before you type Anon
>>
>>28527402
That's kinda fucked up but pretty much what we do in real life so....
>>
>>28527524
Idk pokemon seem pretty fine with it
>>
>>28525019
>Any life found on another planet will be an animal.
Citation and basic understanding of bio needed.

There are gorillions of taxa on earth that aren't animals, including all prokaryotes, plants, fungi, "protists," etc.

If we use a correct, cladistic model to classify life forms from other worlds, barring panspermia being right, it will be a higher classification level than a kingdom/domain, and entirely separated from life that evolved on Earth.

No matter how much an alien looks and acts like an animal/plant/whatever, every organism on earth is more closely related and more similar to one another than they ever could be to that alien.
>>
>>28527480
Not the guy you're talking to, but you're retarded if you think those things are analogous
>>
>>28527624
With this in mind Deoxys should definitely not be a Pokemon by any means
>>
>>28527402

Early anime episodes outright discuss eating Pokemon. Krabby comes to mind because that joke is in both versions.
>>
>>28527655
Well saying "somethings not in the game therefore it's not canon" is Richard tier level autism that can be refuted by that point
>>
I'm honing to take a stab at it and say that a Pokemon has to have either evolved from Mew or have been directly created by Arceus in the case of some legendaries. Since it's pretty agreed on that UBs are probably extradimentional then they wouldn't count as Pokemon.
I don't know where that leaves Deoxys though. Maybe since the laser that created it was basically the essence of Pokemon it was able to make a new Pokemon.
>>
>>28527683
Wonder why pokemon even put up with that shit
>>
>>28527800
Well, Pokemon eat each other too. As long as you're not going to eat your own Pokemon, they probably won't care too much about what your diet is.
>>
>>28527796
There's plenty of Pokemon that don't fit that criteria like Porygon. That's isn't to say you're far off just that humans should also be included in the spectrum of Pokemon creators
>>
>>28527796
>Porygon
>>
>>28527863
Fair enough but it's strange we never see food in the Pokemon world referred to specifically Pokemon you know it's always berries or something
>>
>>28527894
Do we know how Porygon was created? Maybe they used some Pokemon DNA to make it work properly.
>>
>>28525004
They come from some multiverse where their power is similar to starters while in the normal Pokemon universe Ultra Beasts are like 900 base stat legendaries.
>>
>>28527971
Well, the official website outright states that Bounsweet is devoured by pokemon. To be fair however, it's a fruit pokemon.
>>
>>28527973
>A Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace

Sorry to be a Richard anon but every dex entry says something to this effect
>>
Yeah they're Pokemon, too much hype to just be bosses
>>
>>28528164
Not necessarily, I could see GF pulling something new and not having them be catchable
>>
>>28527971
They might have food replicators based on how bullshit some of the technology is.
>>
File: 6546.png (326KB, 1273x1502px) Image search: [Google]
6546.png
326KB, 1273x1502px
I want to fuck Lusamine while she transforms into UB02 Beauty
>>
>>28528207
An enemy not being catchable isnt new though. Trainer Pokemon cannot be caught period. Hell, Ghost Marowak was an uncatchable variant too.
>>
>>28528260
I wouldn't put it past game freak
>>28528320
Why would you say such a thing?
>>
>>28528346
The nature of why those are uncatchable are respectively being with a different trainer and being ded.
Could there be an Ultra Beast central intelligence that functions like a trainer?
>>
>>28528346
Not that Anon but I think he meant an uncatchable variety in any form (you could catch other Marowaks and trainer Pokemon in the wild)
>>
>>28527975
>The Ultra Beasts are AU shitmons that escaped from their dimension to another where they aren't so shit
>>
>>28525316
Yeah this is dumb... does Splash really count as a move? It's more of a placeholder that indicates Magikarp can't attack. It's not like you'd actually be telling Magikarp to "use Splash"...
>>
>>28527666
If there is some gene/series of genes that defines a pokemon, then it could be the case that artificial pokemon obtained that gene in some way other than being born with it. maybe the radiation from whatever laser created deoxys and the sunlight turning icicles into vanilite or whatever that dex entry was somehow create that gene.
>>
>>28528446
>He doesn't know what happens after executing 100 consecutive Splashes
>>
>>28528472
So then Arceus created that gene and not Pokemon themselves?
>>
>>28528346
It is new in a story aspect though. They've never really been the 'villains' of the games. The closest is Kyurem in BW2 or Deoxys in ORAS but those two were insultingly easy if you outspeed them.
It would be pretty interesting to have one opponent that's strong enough to give a whole team a run for their money.
>>
>>28523434
You are going to look back and feel incredibly stupid when the game releases and you are wrong. UB are too powerful to be part of teams, GF has gone too far to differentiate them from pokemon. I'm sure they'll play a big role but there is no way they are going into a pc and onto a team like the rest of your mons. The idea is like a boss battle. Ever played an rpg?
>>
>>28528578

I think you be a Pokemon you have to come from Arceus and Mew.

The people and Pokemon thing is to denote that they were once equals in society.
>>
>>28528597
You can catch Deoxys
>>
>>28528668
But which came first Arceus or Mew?
>>
>>28528600
and legendary pokemon battles (where the end result is often capture) are not the equivalent of boss battles in the rpg series known as pokemon?
>>
>>28528690
Pretty sure Areus created Mew as an ancestor for pokemon
>>
>>28528690
It is circular thing where they create each other.
>>
>>28528690
Arceus.
>>
>>28528756
>>28528767
>>28528783
Ok so Arceus is God for the POKEMON universe but UBs are from another universe
>>
>>28528816
Yes.
>>
I know this doesn't necessarily prove anything, but the Pokémon Sun and Moon website doesn't list UB-01 with the new Pokémon. There's a separate page for the Ultra Beasts that doesn't seem to have been updated with UB-02 yet.
>>
File: IndianElephant.jpg (116KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
IndianElephant.jpg
116KB, 750x500px
>>28524197
>>28524255
Maybe then the UB's really aren't Humans or Pokemon, but soemthing else entirely...
>>
>>28528841
Ultra Beasts are probably our bosses on par with the Kahunas
>>
>>28522356
What I believe will happen is that at the climax of the story Beauty or Absorption will give Pokemon and Humanity a chance after seeing how the protagonist handles everything and decides to see if they should work together with humanity like Pokemon do. They do this by allowing themselves to be captured, so while not Pokemon they can be used similar to them.
>>
>>28528980
So Pokemon in everyway except name?
>>
>>28529005
And genetic origin.
>>
>>28529031
>>28529005
Just like an Indian Elephant
>>
>>28529046
Well according to>>28525316
You need to know moves to be a Pokemon and I don't think Indian elephants know pokemon moves
>>
>>28529046
Yeah. Indian Elephants are not native to the universe but can be used as a tool of measurement.
>>
>>28529005
Essentially that, yes.

That way Ultra Beasts can still move independently if more get introduced and can maybe become Totem/NPC like characters.

Maybe you, along with Beauty or Absorption get tasked with calming whatever other Ultra Beasts that are out there by getting them to basically join forces with you.

Honestly its really similar to how most Box Legendaries choose to join the player, they decide that they are worthy and allow themselves to be captured.

Imagine Absorption, this pure powerhouse becoming interested in you after seeing you fight with your Pokemon. It decides that if you can defeat it, if you can take it out that it considers you its equal and decides that you two can work together.
>>
>>28529097
>>28529093

I was more implying the UB's are Indian Elephants
>>
>>28529119
>ME :FADH:F H (UB-04 Wire)!
>GIVE 539P!

>Comply
>Refuse
>>
>>28529119
I could buy it, maybe like a post game "box" legendary you get after proving your worth at the climax with the actual box legendary
>>
>>28524133
Surface of the sun isn't exactly the hottest thing there is you know. There are things on our actual earth that can get hotter.
>>
>>28522356
>So what denotes a "Pokemon" exactly?

I was going to say anything created by Arceus, but I don't know if Arceus made Humans or not (or perhaps just seeded/introduced them to keep things interesting?) and it would discriminate against all the man-made pokemon such as Porygon & Golurk.
We also can't say Aliens because Arceus has seeded multiple planets with life and even the vacuum of space is called home by a few very tough species of Pokemon such as Solrock, Lunatone and Minior.

Dimensional creatures as well can't be discluded because a number of mythical and legendary Pokemon either travel through dimensions or otherwise exist in their own pocket dimension they've created, much in the same way a lesser creature might build a nest. Unown, Hoopa, Giratina and so forth all regularly travel through dimensions.

In short I've no fucking idea what makes Ultrabeasts so special; it'll nonetheless though be incredibly interesting to find out.
>>
>>28529200
Sounds like a square-rectangle thing. Like Indian Elephants are UB, but not all UB are Indian Elephants
>>
>>28525316
This lines up with how the non-Pokémon enemies behave in mystery dungeon. They just use non-named, generic attacks rather than moves.
>>
>>28529206
Just lightning right?
>>
>>28529200
How would /vp/ react if one of the UBs is actually an elephant monster with indian motifs?
>>
>>28529314
Respect GF's decades long commitment to a shitty pokedex entry
>>
File: Ganesha_(Strange_Journey).jpg (21KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
Ganesha_(Strange_Journey).jpg
21KB, 300x432px
>>28529314
Cool
>>
>>28529350

I want to stop Hypno from raping children. When can I get that game?
>>
>>28529209

They lack Mew's DNA. I think even the man made ones must have it by proxy.
>>
>>28523286
>I find it hard to believe anything less than this can't be a Pokemon(excluding this thing that is less than this but is not a Pokemon)
>>
>>28529350
Two shitty dex entries
>>28529845
Rape then first. Hypno don't like used goods
>>
>>28524151
Thank you Dr. Hikari
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.